Thread Rating:

MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 326
September 4th, 2015 at 8:21:42 AM permalink
Quote:

She realized what a crappy life she was leading and "found god" to give some meaning to her miserable existence.

Now we are seeing the logical conclusion to her narcissistic folly of delusion: she's martyring herself on the cross.

There's a judge up here in Oregon who is trying to do the same thing.

This nonsense seems to be contagious: "spiritual herpes" for the new millennium.
"What, me worry?"
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 214
September 4th, 2015 at 11:10:12 AM permalink
Getting back to the election cycle. After the debate last month, I posted that one of the candidates that I thought really did well and helped himself was Marco Rubio. He is very personable, speaks well and gave strong answers. Quite a number of other 'observers' also thought that Rubio did well. But now a month later, looking at the polls, his strong performance did not translate into any kind of bump at all. If anything he has fallen back slightly. ??

I guess part of that is Rubio is a sitting Senator and right now there is such a strong anti-establishment type sentiment in the party.

What about his age? Does that work against him in a more traditional republican party?

Personally, I think the strongest repub ticket for a general election might be a Kasich-Rubio ticket, possible either way (either man on top) putting the two very key swing states of Ohio and Florida in play towards the republicans. It also would be a nice mix of age and youth as well as include a Hispanic candidate, getting away from that 'old white male' thing that is so associated with the republican party.

A Bush-Rubio ticket is not allowed by law, as both come from the same state and Bush-Kasich would be back to that two older white males narrative.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
September 4th, 2015 at 11:37:17 AM permalink
Quote: kewlj

Getting back to the election cycle. After the debate last month, I posted that one of the candidates that I thought really did well and helped himself was Marco Rubio. He is very personable, speaks well and gave strong answers. Quite a number of other 'observers' also thought that Rubio did well. But now a month later, looking at the polls, his strong performance did not translate into any kind of bump at all. If anything he has fallen back slightly. ??

I guess part of that is Rubio is a sitting Senator and right now there is such a strong anti-establishment type sentiment in the party.

What about his age? Does that work against him in a more traditional republican party?

Personally, I think the strongest repub ticket for a general election might be a Kasich-Rubio ticket, possible either way (either man on top) putting the two very key swing states of Ohio and Florida in play towards the republicans. It also would be a nice mix of age and youth as well as include a Hispanic candidate, getting away from that 'old white male' thing that is so associated with the republican party.

A Bush-Rubio ticket is not allowed by law, as both come from the same state and Bush-Kasich would be back to that two older white males narrative.

During the debate I thought Carson was done. His performance was awful. Yet he's surging in the polls.

Shows how good I am at getting into the headspace of a Republican primary voter. lol

I also thought Trump's performance was nothing special (and not because of the oft-mentioned Megyn Kelly moment). His answers were just nothing special. I thought that debate might be the peak of his popularity. Boy was I wrong!

As you say, a Kasich-Rubio ticket would be strong and would certainly give me heartburn. But I don't see it happening at this point. The right doesn't seem interested in picking the most electable candidate anymore after that didn't work in 2008 or 2012...
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 434
September 4th, 2015 at 12:00:58 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Remember when Algore hired some woman to make him appear more of an alpha male? .

People like alpha males, we trust them. John Wayne,
for instance, was just as alpha off screen as on. It's
something you can't fake, you're born that way.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
DoubleOrNothing
DoubleOrNothing
  • Threads: 0
September 4th, 2015 at 1:33:12 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

John Wayne,
for instance, was just as alpha off screen as on. It's
something you can't fake, you're born that way.

You liked John Wayne? Lol.

They took 60 lbs of black sludge out of his intestines after he died. Lard ass.
I can't believe what I believe.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 86
September 4th, 2015 at 2:19:28 PM permalink
Quote: DoubleOrNothing

Howard Hughes was responsible for John Waynes death
The Conqueror was a RKO studio movie
Its the death movie, so many that worked on the movie died early
RKO insisted on Nevada for filming to save money
Filmed on Abomb sites in Nevada
Radiation = cancer
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
September 4th, 2015 at 2:24:49 PM permalink

Would you expound on what this means? Count me a Marion Morrison fan.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 434
September 4th, 2015 at 2:37:51 PM permalink

Why the lol? Wayne was a top box office draw
for decades. In a recent Harris Poll of top stars,
Wayne ranks ahead of Johnny Depp and Tom
Hanks, and he's been dead for 35 years.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
DoubleOrNothing
DoubleOrNothing
  • Threads: 0
September 4th, 2015 at 2:59:44 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

Howard Hughes was responsible for John Waynes death

Perhaps, even 23 years later. But, he already had lung cancer from seven (?) packs of cigarettes a day. People think that his son died from cancer too, but he didn't.

Quote: petroglyph

Would you expound on what this means? Count me a Marion Morrison fan.

"There are hundreds of family snapshots and home movies of a balding Wayne lying around like a lazy bear, or even out in public, although at those times he often wore a hat or baseball cap. Without the toupee, he looked older, and, somehow, less like John Wayne." https://books.google.ca/books?id=4qceCAAAQBAJ&pg=PA206&lpg=PA206&dq=john+wayne+lazy&source=bl&ots=zo9tGa-sbx&sig=npDo8230NzU7bi0SCaKwtB6gzJY&hl=en&sa=X&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=john%20wayne%20lazy&f=false

Perhaps too, the stomach meds made him fat or bloated. But, that sort of sludge is typically a chronic thing.

Quote: EvenBob

Why the lol? Wayne was a top box office draw
for decades. In a recent Harris Poll of top stars,
Wayne ranks ahead of Johnny Depp and Tom
Hanks, and he's been dead for 35 years.

I just never liked him, or looked out for his movies. I guess that the stereotypical "alpha male" never appealed to me. Seen too much of life to fall for what's "popular".

No one knows how someone will react when "the chips are down" in real life. Same for Trump, though his constant over-exaggerations and name-droppings have become tiresome.
I can't believe what I believe.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
September 4th, 2015 at 3:06:11 PM permalink

"Advocates of colonic irrigation products of dubious benefit use scarelore like the examples quoted above to indict the American "goo and glue" diet and validate their claim that the practice is a safe and effective means of curing a variety of ailments by purging the body of all sorts of sludge and toxins. Vegetarian groups employ this horror story to demonstrate that a meat-based diet is both unnatural and unhealthy for human beings. Hence stories circulate about alleged post-mortem discoveries that celebrities (such as John Wayne and Elvis Presley) who epitomized the "meat and potatoes" diet, gluttony, or other negative eating habits had some tremendous amount (40, 60, or even 80 pounds) of "impacted fecal matter" or "impacted feces" lodged in their intestines.

Anecdotes such as these are, in a word, crap."

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/gruesome/fecalcolon.asp

• Jump to: