Thread Rating:

AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 226
  • Posts: 12389
July 11th, 2015 at 1:43:46 PM permalink
Quote: kewlj



I suspect Latinos and blacks have similar stories. You know many of these people, as do many gays have conservative values that better align with the republican party. But there is absolutely no effort by the party to be inclusive and build on common values and interests. Quite the contrary. So these groups as a whole, including those with conservative values flock to the democratic party. That is something your party needs to think about.



This is what I do not get. What is the GOP supposed to do, sent out engraved invitations?

Quote:

I'll tell you, if there were no party labels and affiliations and everyone just ran as individuals based on their own views (and maybe that's the way it should be), I would most likely be supporting Jeb Bush. Instead, when party affiliations and party views and platforms are added to the mix, I will likely vote for Hillary Clinton, a candidate that I don't really like in this cycle.



So what you are saying is you are going to vote Democrat forever and there is no use in the GOP sending you said engraved invitation. You are going to vote for the woman who was against your most important issue until the very last minute. Don't kid around, you will vote for the (D).
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Twirdman
Twirdman
Joined: Jun 5, 2013
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 1004
July 11th, 2015 at 4:30:08 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

This is what I do not get. What is the GOP supposed to do, sent out engraved invitations?

.



They could at least try to stop demonizing them. I mean look at all the dog whistles being used right now that have been used for decades now to show that the GOP is for the whites. The GOP could also stop supporting blatant racist like Donald Trump. I mean a guy who accuses an entire class of people of being rapist and drug dealers isn't exactly that inviting and he is hardly the only one who is doing it you have Steve "Cantaloupe Calves" King who constantly attacks Hispanics then there was Ron Paul who edited an incredibly racist newsletter in the 80s there is also his son Rand Paul having employed several major racist to his campaign and speaking against the Civil Rights act. It's not even like the Republicans have attempted to do anything but demonize minorities so don't pretend they've done everything but send out engraved invitations.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 226
  • Posts: 12389
July 11th, 2015 at 5:07:37 PM permalink
Quote: Twirdman

They could at least try to stop demonizing them. I mean look at all the dog whistles being used right now that have been used for decades now to show that the GOP is for the whites. The GOP could also stop supporting blatant racist like Donald Trump. I mean a guy who accuses an entire class of people of being rapist and drug dealers isn't exactly that inviting and he is hardly the only one who is doing it you have Steve "Cantaloupe Calves" King who constantly attacks Hispanics then there was Ron Paul who edited an incredibly racist newsletter in the 80s there is also his son Rand Paul having employed several major racist to his campaign and speaking against the Civil Rights act. It's not even like the Republicans have attempted to do anything but demonize minorities so don't pretend they've done everything but send out engraved invitations.



Dog whistles. rotflmao

So let me see, it is in your eyes "racist" to be against illegal immigration and in favor of securing the border? Racist to not want illegal aliens to have drivers licenses and get welfare benefits. Sorry, this is not "racist" it is common sense. Bottom line is illegal aliens do commit a good deal of crime and the media is afraid to give immigration status of an illegal alien for fear of liberals crying "racist."

The GOP is not the party who had a KKK leader in the US Senate into the 2000s.

The GOP is not the party saying minorities are too stupid to get an ID.

Speaking of the Civil Rights act, it was the Democrat Party that filibustered it.

There is no racism in the GOP. What there is in the GOP is a refusal to pander and offer special favors (i.e.: affirmative action.)
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Twirdman
Twirdman
Joined: Jun 5, 2013
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 1004
July 11th, 2015 at 5:48:55 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Dog whistles. rotflmao

So let me see, it is in your eyes "racist" to be against illegal immigration and in favor of securing the border? Racist to not want illegal aliens to have drivers licenses and get welfare benefits. Sorry, this is not "racist" it is common sense. Bottom line is illegal aliens do commit a good deal of crime and the media is afraid to give immigration status of an illegal alien for fear of liberals crying "racist."

The GOP is not the party who had a KKK leader in the US Senate into the 2000s.

The GOP is not the party saying minorities are too stupid to get an ID.

Speaking of the Civil Rights act, it was the Democrat Party that filibustered it.

There is no racism in the GOP. What there is in the GOP is a refusal to pander and offer special favors (i.e.: affirmative action.)



Except as i showed before when this very topic came up Illegal immigrants are not committing a great deal of crimes other than their immigration crimes. They are in fact committing crimes in lower proportions than their non immigrant counterparts.

Also yes Byrd was a member of the KKK and was incredibly racist he at the very least though apologized for it and admitted he was wrong. Strom Thurmond was a member of the Republican party till the 2000s and to that point still defended segregation.

Also a Republican did take part in that filibuster and many of those democrat, like Strom Thurmond switched to Republicans due to the southern strategy. I mean are we going to completely ignore the fact that starting with Goldwater the GOP increasingly pandered to the racist in the south?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 226
  • Posts: 12389
July 11th, 2015 at 6:13:07 PM permalink
Quote: Twirdman

Except as i showed before when this very topic came up Illegal immigrants are not committing a great deal of crimes other than their immigration crimes. They are in fact committing crimes in lower proportions than their non immigrant counterparts.



Again, illegal status is a crime in itself. Just so I know, you are saying you are in favor of welfare for people here illegally? And drivers licenses?

Quote:

I mean are we going to completely ignore the fact that starting with Goldwater the GOP increasingly pandered to the racist in the south?



Pandering to racists? Examples, please.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
kewlj
kewlj
Joined: Apr 17, 2012
  • Threads: 214
  • Posts: 4422
July 11th, 2015 at 6:15:08 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Don't kid around, you will vote for the (D).



Thank you for deciding that for me. With people like you speaking for and representing the Republican brand, you may just be correct.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 226
  • Posts: 12389
July 11th, 2015 at 6:26:17 PM permalink
Quote: kewlj

Thank you for deciding that for me. With people like you speaking for and representing the Republican brand, you may just be correct.



I am correct. What have you said or done that shows otherwise? I don't waste time thinking liberals will flip parties. With few exceptions, homophiles will always vote Democrat. Doesn't matter that Dems passed DADT and did not support gay marriage at high levels until at least 2013. It is how you will vote. Be honest.

I am honest. The Democrat Party shares none of my values of personal responsibility, personal freedom, equal opportunity instead of equal outcome, defense of our nation, smaller government, and state's rights. Therefore I will never vote for them. I will not be taken in by "New Democrats" because there is no such thing once elected. I will not vote for Jeb, but neither will I vote Democrat. You can call that whatever you want, but I am honest about it.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Twirdman
Twirdman
Joined: Jun 5, 2013
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 1004
July 11th, 2015 at 6:26:18 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman


Pandering to racists? Examples, please.



You are kidding right? Are you this historically illiterate? Nixon with the aid of Storm Thurmond concocted the southern strategy to appeal to white supremacist and segregationist by masking those things as states rights. George H.W. Bush's ad against Dukkakis featuring Willie Horton was designed to stir up racial fears. Most people recognize the notion of welfare queens as a dog whistle for black female welfare cheats. I mean yeah they don't come out and say the n word any more but lets be honest it is quite obvious they are trying to play on racial tensions to win elections.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 226
  • Posts: 12389
July 11th, 2015 at 6:39:13 PM permalink
Quote: Twirdman

You are kidding right? Are you this historically illiterate? Nixon with the aid of Storm Thurmond concocted the southern strategy to appeal to white supremacist and segregationist by masking those things as states rights. George H.W. Bush's ad against Dukkakis featuring Willie Horton was designed to stir up racial fears. Most people recognize the notion of welfare queens as a dog whistle for black female welfare cheats. I mean yeah they don't come out and say the n word any more but lets be honest it is quite obvious they are trying to play on racial tensions to win elections.



So some examples of something Nixon said was "states rights" but is really "racist." Seriously. Some examples.

The Willie Horton ad was NOT RACIST. It showed a person who committed a crime. Committed a hate crime actually. It was effective because it showed what really happened under the furlough program. Those who cried "RACIST" as usual did so because they could not defend the program and what happened.

The disaster that welfare has become to a whole subculture is well known. Blacks are anywhere from 2.5-3Xs as likely as whites to be on welfare. So again, where is the racism in pointing out facts? Of course the facts are inconvenient for Democrats who push such programs. All Reagan did was point out the poverty-industrial complex in America.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
rxwine
rxwine
Joined: Feb 28, 2010
  • Threads: 171
  • Posts: 10290
July 11th, 2015 at 6:43:27 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Again, illegal status is a crime in itself.



He who has not sinned against the state once or twice in their lifetime may throw the first stone.

If you've never done anything wrong (caught or not) you can throw stones on this one.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?

  • Jump to: