Thread Rating:

ahiromu
ahiromu
  • Threads: 112
June 12th, 2013 at 8:50:46 PM permalink
From the DC Metro area thread, I know a handful of us are on this board. I just wanted you all to know that Spirit and AirTran seem to be in a bidding war for the cheapest flight to Vegas. On Monday I saw it for $180, round trip and direct, but it was gone asap. I now have a Thursday-Sunday flight (gets back Monday morning) for $250. These are budget airlines that don't have the best track record, but for a 30-40% discount off of DCA/IAD flights, it's all worth it to me.

Very localized, but just thought someone else here might be interested.

- Spirit does not allow carry-ons, you only get one "personal" item
- Both flights only have one direct flight back a day and it's a red-eye
Its - Possessive; It's - "It is" / "It has"; There - Location; Their - Possessive; They're - "They are"
vendman1
vendman1
  • Threads: 9
June 13th, 2013 at 11:27:00 AM permalink
For anyone willing to use BWI instead of Dulles...Southwest will typically fly to Vegas for about...$180ish..if you are willing to be flexible on time of day.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
June 13th, 2013 at 4:14:33 PM permalink
BWI fares frustrate me. They're usually cheaper than PHL or ABE, by exactly the cost of getting to and from Baltimore.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
June 13th, 2013 at 5:39:24 PM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

BWI fares frustrate me. They're usually cheaper than PHL or ABE, by exactly the cost of getting to and from Baltimore.

I thought you lived in Minnesota?

As of February 1, 2013, Allegiant faces mainline competition on only 18 of their 191 routes. With Frontier moving from ABE to Trenton, Allegiant has a monopoly on leisure traffic from that airport. Hopefully they will add service to Vegas.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
June 13th, 2013 at 5:56:11 PM permalink
Quote: pacomartin

I thought you lived in Minnesota?

As of February 1, 2013, Allegiant faces mainline competition on only 18 of their 191 routes. With Frontier moving from ABE to Trenton, Allegiant has a monopoly on leisure traffic from that airport. Hopefully they will add service to Vegas.

I moved to Norristown, PA last summer. Lehigh Valley is a very convenient airport, but routes are hard to come by. UAL has a handful, connecting through CLE, ORD, or EWR (by bus). PHL has a good variety of routes from a number of carriers, but pricing is very high. Frontier is nice out of Trenton and Wilmington, but you have to be willing/able to take the routes and schedules that they offer. BWI and sometimes IAD are cheaper enough than PHL that I've thought of driving down and flying from there, but that's just a little too far away.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
  • Jump to: