98Clubs
98Clubs
  • Threads: 52
August 5th, 2012 at 6:31:32 PM permalink
Surely, I wrote in jest/sarcasm.
Point well taken, though. As I said its a cash poll.
Certainly, an outbreak of laughter at the kissing demonstration within such CFA restaurant, is not out of order.
Some people need to reimagine their thinking.
pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
August 6th, 2012 at 6:22:51 AM permalink
Quote: vert1276

The part that annoys me is....If you don't like what they have to say or who they donate their profit to, don't buy their product....no biggie, buy a Big Mac or Whopper or whatever....But when the mayors of Chicago and Boston come out and say "we don't what them to do business in our city because of what they have to say" that's where a line is being crossed that shouldn't.....Rahm Emanuel should be worrying about the 50 people getting shot and killed every week in Chicago and not whether or not Chick-fil-A wants to open a new store there...Not to mention the almost 10% unemployment rate in Chicago

The neighborhood in question has a Costco, Home Depot, Target, Payless Shoes, former Circuit City replaced with Tiger Direct, MSRF, Inc. specialty store, Aldi shopping, Vitamin Shoppe, Marshalls, Famous Footwear, Vienna Beef factory store. For fast food dining they have Taco Bell, Starbucks, and Popeye's Chicken and Biscuits.

Perhaps Al Copeland, Popeye's founder, famous for multiple wives, flashy cars, big brassy Louisiana bravado, and investigations into paying off officials is more representative of Chicago's values.

I was kind of leaning towards the alderman when I thought the CFA was going to open up in a trendy gay neighborhood, but now that I see that they are in a bunch of big box stores, I figure that people can decide for themselves if they want to eat there (or Popeye's).
  • Jump to: