luckyjackg
luckyjackg
  • Threads: 2
November 6th, 2011 at 9:36:07 PM permalink
I just watched the BSC poll on ESPN and thought that if the people who run the BCS poll ran the candidates for president, Rick Perry and Herman Cain would be in first place because their closest to the SEC. Mitt Romney would be an also ran because he is from the North. Anyone from the Western US would be last.
Why are Stanford and Boise State behind Alabama in the latest poll?
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
November 7th, 2011 at 2:53:26 AM permalink
Boston Computer Society???
Securities and Exchange Commission???
pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
November 7th, 2011 at 6:12:15 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Boston Computer Society???
Securities and Exchange Commission???

Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 46
November 7th, 2011 at 7:18:05 AM permalink
Quote: luckyjackg

Well, as I watched the end of the LSU-Alabama game, my opinion was this: If a team previously ranked #2 can hold the #1 team to a 9-6 overtime win, how can any other team be even closer in ability to that #1 team? Alabama still was the #2 team, in my opinion. But no, they did drop in the rankings. Just not to the extreme that you seem to expect.
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
November 7th, 2011 at 11:28:09 AM permalink
Quote: luckyjackg

Stanford is behind Alabama because they are 3 1/4 rankings behind Alabama in the computers. Stanford should get a boost when it plays Oregon, but Alabama will get one of its own when it plays Arkansas.

As for Boise State, apparently few voters in either poll thought that Alabama's overtime loss to the #1 team in the country meant that Boise State suddenly became a better team; BSU's human poll rankings hardly moved (and its computer rankings probably won't help make up the gap as they don't play anyone highly ranked for the rest of the season).
  • Jump to: