ams288
June 11th, 2019 at 3:08:18 PM permalink
Az,

You dont like homosexuals

You dont like scientists

You dont like children

You dont like immigrants

You dont like poor people

You dont like women (politically not sexually I assume) or at least you want them not to have choices

Just curious what groups you do like?
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Aussie
Aussie
  • Threads: 12
June 11th, 2019 at 3:31:23 PM permalink
Straight, white males.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
June 11th, 2019 at 3:39:57 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Because history is important because it happened.

Ignoring history you dont like is not the proper study of history

At amy rate why would gay history in the US be anymore or a problem than black history?

Your not liking homosexuals should not influence school decisions

Gay history is a subset of history. If someone wants to take it in college, that is their money to spend.

In grade/high school, gay history is about indoctrination, not history.

Black history is the same thing, if they want a college course on it then people can spend their own money.

Teach "HISTORY." Not history of politically favored groups.

When so many USA students are ignorant of the Civil War, we should not be concerned about "gay history."
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
June 11th, 2019 at 3:49:20 PM permalink

Az,

You dont like homosexuals

I do not approve of the choice of a gay lifestyle. I do not like gay bigots shoving their agenda down our throats. Gays that go about their lives quietly I do not care about.

Quote:

You dont like scientists

No, I do not like the pushing of junk science to take away my money and freedoms.

Quote:

You dont like children

I never wanted kids. SO WHAT?! Lots of people do not want kids. You support the pro-abortion movement so I have to question your own like of children. I have yet to hear anyone here explain what is wrong with never having wanted to have kids.

Quote:

You dont like immigrants

I do not like illegal aliens sneaking into the USA and draining our resources. Legal immigrants are just fine.

Quote:

You dont like poor people

I do not like people who blame "the GOP," "trickle-down," "rich people," or anyone but themselves for their lot in life and think they deserve something just because someone else has it. I like and respect hard-working people.

Quote:

You dont like women (politically not sexually I assume) or at least you want them not to have choices

I like women just fine. Politically, I like strong women like Sarah Palin. I do not like women who celebrate tearing their unborn babies to shreds. I do not like women who are "independent" until the check comes.

Quote:

Just curious what groups you do like?

I like people who take personal responsibility for their lives and try to make something of themselves. I like traditional values. I like people who like freedom and prefer to live in freedom than try to become a serf to the state.

That help?
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
June 11th, 2019 at 3:58:37 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

I do not approve of the choice of a gay lifestyle. I do not like gay bigots shoving their agenda down our throats. Gays that go about their lives quietly I do not care about.

No, I do not like the pushing of junk science to take away my money and freedoms.

I never wanted kids. SO WHAT?! Lots of people do not want kids. You support the pro-abortion movement so I have to question your own like of children. I have yet to hear anyone here explain what is wrong with never having wanted to have kids.

I do not like illegal aliens sneaking into the USA and draining our resources. Legal immigrants are just fine.

I do not like people who blame "the GOP," "trickle-down," "rich people," or anyone but themselves for their lot in life and think they deserve something just because someone else has it. I like and respect hard-working people.

I like women just fine. Politically, I like strong women like Sarah Palin. I do not like women who celebrate tearing their unborn babies to shreds. I do not like women who are "independent" until the check comes.

I like people who take personal responsibility for their lives and try to make something of themselves. I like traditional values. I like people who like freedom and prefer to live in freedom than try to become a serf to the state.

That help?

It pretty much answers what i thought.

And cant understand why you have difficulty understanding pro-choice is not pro-abortion

I actually dont think women should have abortions

I do think women should be able to make that choice for themselves

I would quote your last line about liking people who like freedom and prefer to live in freedom but apparently you dont consider women, gays, immigrants, minorities or the poor to be people otherwise you would be interested in their right to freedom as well
darkoz
darkoz
June 11th, 2019 at 4:02:07 PM permalink
Quote: Aussie

Straight, white males.

Yeah, Its obvious isnt it
darkoz
darkoz
June 11th, 2019 at 4:07:13 PM permalink

Gay history is a subset of history. If someone wants to take it in college, that is their money to spend.

In grade/high school, gay history is about indoctrination, not history.

Black history is the same thing, if they want a college course on it then people can spend their own money.

Black history is a subset of American history?

Now you must be bugging

Black American history is behind a centuries long struggle of slavery, civil rights and one of our mosr devastating wars (the civil war)

To relegate black history in America to a subset is just revisionist.

Your suggestion is also why kids should not be homeschooled.

It just wont serve this country to have kids not taught proper history and walking around saying "slavery? Who? What? Where? When? How? Civil war? Why?"
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
June 11th, 2019 at 4:21:04 PM permalink

Black history is a subset of American history?

Now you must be bugging

Black American history is behind a centuries long struggle of slavery, civil rights and one of our mosr devastating wars (the civil war)

To relegate black history in America to a subset is just revisionist.

No, you just explained that it is a subset.

Quote:

Your suggestion is also why kids should not be homeschooled.

IOW, you want the state and not parents deciding how to educate kids?

Quote:

It just wont serve this country to have kids not taught proper history and walking around saying "slavery? Who? What? Where? When? How? Civil war? Why?"

Did you read the link? Tons already do not know about the Civil War. Clearly government schools are failing somewhere.
darkoz
darkoz
June 11th, 2019 at 4:28:15 PM permalink

No, you just explained that it is a subset.

IOW, you want the state and not parents deciding how to educate kids?

Did you read the link? Tons already do not know about the Civil War. Clearly government schools are failing somewhere.

If thats your definition of a subset then all American history is a subset.

Christopher Columbus is a subset.

The war of independence is a subset

Slavery is a subset

So basically all American history should be taught in college and ignored in public schools
TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 16
June 11th, 2019 at 4:30:19 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

What does ME having or not having kids have to do with any of this? Am I a right winger?

I don't have any kids, at least not that I know of.

Great line from the movie Sisters, Tina Fey asks John Cena if he has any kids. "I'm sure I do."

I always try to remind myself to use that and keep forgetting, Maybe one day. He was awesome in that movie and Trainwreck. Better than anything The Rock has done (and The Rock has done some awesome stuff).
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
June 11th, 2019 at 4:31:10 PM permalink

It pretty much answers what i thought.

And cant understand why you have difficulty understanding pro-choice is not pro-abortion

Have you not seen the examples I have posted? I know you have because you have replied in the past. When women go to a rally called "shout your abortion" they are not pro-choice, they are pro-abortion. When they wear shirts that say, "I had an abortion" they are not pro-choice they are pro-abortion. When they tear down a monument to unborn babies aborted that is peaceful and quiet and say, "THAT ONE WAS MINE" they are not pro-choice, they are pro-abortion.

You seem to have a problem separating someone who does not want abortion restrictions with the leaders of the movement who shout and celebrate abortion. (BTW, these are some of the "moonbats" I mentioned earlier. Don't want kids but are undatable.)

Quote:

I actually dont think women should have abortions

I do think women should be able to make that choice for themselves

I would quote your last line about liking people who like freedom and prefer to live in freedom but apparently you dont consider women, gays, immigrants, minorities or the poor to be people otherwise you would be interested in their right to freedom as well

I am fine with them having freedom. I am against them thinking their freedom lessens someone elese's freedoms. I do not believe two people of the same sex is a marriage and never will accept it as one. Do you support my freedom to my opinion? Probably not. I do not support the "freedom" of illegal immigrants, they are here illegally after all. Can I break into your house and raid the fridge and if so will you call it "freedom?" I am actually for instant deportation of people caught near the border just arrived. I am fine with freedom for minorities, but I am sick of them getting special treatment, like extra SAT points because after decades they still do not score well, blaming a "racist test." I am tired of everything being called "racist." And I am really tired of "being a minority" being used as an excust why we cannot have things like Voter ID.

I am actually probably the least bigoted person on this forum as I want everyone to meet the same standard. I think everyone is capable.
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 15
Thanked by
mcallister3200
June 11th, 2019 at 4:31:41 PM permalink
Since we are or at least were on this thing about public education. I felt the schools failed me. I felt they reined in achievers at the expense of attempting to bring others up. As a result I never learned how to study. I could ace tests based upon paying attention in class. I never read a book assigned to me. I never took notes. I never studied for a test. Today I am 40 years old and I would not have the ability to study if I were taking an exam for my chosen field. I felt public education dumbed me down because they felt they didnt have to waste their time with me.
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
June 11th, 2019 at 4:37:46 PM permalink

If thats your definition of a subset then all American history is a subset.

Christopher Columbus is a subset.

The war of independence is a subset

Slavery is a subset

So basically all American history should be taught in college and ignored in public schools

Uh, no. History should be taught as it happened. It just so happens that those dastardly white males made most of USA history. Pre-college you teach it as it happened. Christopher Columbus to George Washington to Lincoln to Teddy Roosevelt to all the modern stuff. Gay history really does not affect anything that happened in a major way. So a course on gays in history is best for a college elective.

Note that any kind of degree in a specialty "studies" (e.g.: gay, black, women, etc) is generally regarded as a "joke degree." Useless. So a not required elective course, knock yourself out. But HS students would get more out of a shop or home ec course than a gays in history course.

The fact is the gay-studies in government schools is just about pleasing a small (1-2%) special interest group.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 211
June 11th, 2019 at 4:56:27 PM permalink
Quote: Gabes22

Since we are or at least were on this thing about public education. I felt the schools failed me. I felt they reined in achievers at the expense of attempting to bring others up.

All through my early education, kids who were considered quick or bright skipped grades. Not forced to be held back. What happened to you?
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
June 11th, 2019 at 5:27:12 PM permalink

Since we are or at least were on this thing about public education. I felt the schools failed me. I felt they reined in achievers at the expense of attempting to bring others up. As a result I never learned how to study. I could ace tests based upon paying attention in class. I never read a book assigned to me. I never took notes. I never studied for a test. Today I am 40 years old and I would not have the ability to study if I were taking an exam for my chosen field. I felt public education dumbed me down because they felt they didnt have to waste their time with me.

Same with me. Don’t think I really ever studied for a test. Rarely, if ever, I did the assigned reading. Maybe a few times in chemistry I studied for a test, but other than that....nope. I just paid attention during classes, took minimal notes if any, and got A’s and B’s (C in chemistry because that was hard AF for me).
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
June 11th, 2019 at 5:28:30 PM permalink

100% agree with you and mirrors my experience in public school growing up. I spent less than 10 hours per year on homework or studying at home only doing homework from the previous day during class while listening, but always tested well. They never tried to make it remotely interesting or challenging. Public schools are or were geared so that people who can’t read, write, or do arithmetic can graduate if they show up and don’t have disciplinary issues.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
June 11th, 2019 at 5:31:43 PM permalink
Quote: RS

Same with me. Don’t think I really ever studied for a test. Rarely, if ever, I did the assigned reading. Maybe a few times in chemistry I studied for a test, but other than that....nope. I just paid attention during classes, took minimal notes if any, and got A’s and B’s (C in chemistry because that was hard AF for me).

My 9th grade Econ teacher hated my guts because I took so few notes. I got Bs in his class, but took few notes and only took most of what I took because the notebook was part of your grade. He flat said, "Its amazing you get the grades you do with the notes you take!"

He probably thought I was not paying attention, but I was because I liked the subject. I got good grades in the classes I liked, barely squeaked by the classes I hated. If I was young today I would be being pumped with ADD dope for sure.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
June 11th, 2019 at 5:35:51 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

All through my early education, kids who were considered quick or bright skipped grades. Not forced to be held back. What happened to you?

I’m not Gabes, but I recall taking math with the grades ahead of me in elementary but not skipping the whole grade, taking rest of classes with my age. I would have been testing in the top 10% at that time but nothing special. I was given the option of going to college rather than high school Jr year, that option was actually not there Sr year as I had dropped out of top 15% in class required for that.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 211
June 11th, 2019 at 5:39:45 PM permalink
Hmm.

Quote:

A recent report from Johns Hopkins University shows that about two out of every seven children are ready for a higher-grade curriculum. These children are not learning something new each day, and are likely bored in class.

This has serious implications: Research has shown that greater intellectual stimulation is important for helping talented kids achieve their full potential.

One effective way to help talented students remain intellectually challenged and engaged in school is to have them skip a grade. Research shows that about 1 percent of students grade-skip. Students can skip grades at any level, and they can even skip multiple grades.

When gifted students who grade-skipped were compared to similarly gifted students who did not grade-skip, the grade-skipped students came out ahead in all academic categories.

http://theconversation.com/should-i-grade-skip-my-gifted-child-66359
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
June 11th, 2019 at 5:40:18 PM permalink

Free? Why? How?
Is what you are really saying, "the morning after pill should be paid for by society so women can be too cheap to pay for their own brith control?"

I think it is more a realization that condoms do break occasionally and women do have impulses and memory lapses, so its not a political belief about free loading but an acceptance of reality.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
June 11th, 2019 at 5:43:02 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

I think it is more a realization that condoms do break occasionally and women do have impulses and memory lapses, so its not a political belief about free loading but an acceptance of reality.

"Reality" is if you want something you need to pay for it. Not talking life-changing amounts.

A woman relying on a guy using a condom for birth control is crazy and lazy.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
June 11th, 2019 at 6:03:38 PM permalink

Was already the youngest student in a "difficult" school (I had classmates in their 20s toward the end). Skipping would have put me with kids 3 and 4 years older than me. Mom and Pop said nevermind. So I was way ahead due to parental effort and an instilled desire for education, but was yoked and languished in school, failing every year of jr and sr high. Given the same material in a condensed version via summer school and I left with a high grade Regents.

Multiply this by several million kids every year and we're missing an investment opportunity greater than getting Apple at a dollar.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 15
June 12th, 2019 at 5:55:50 AM permalink

Yeah that was pretty much done for by the time I was in school. I was testing at an 11th grade level in math at the age of 8. In jr high and high school I did take AP courses but even so, they were not challenging
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
darkoz
darkoz
June 12th, 2019 at 8:09:40 AM permalink

Yeah that was pretty much done for by the time I was in school. I was testing at an 11th grade level in math at the age of 8. In jr high and high school I did take AP courses but even so, they were not challenging

Holy moley!

Your school was the coolest

I wish my high school had offered AP courses.

It would have made my AP career much easier to.learn
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
June 14th, 2019 at 7:54:28 PM permalink
7 year old had playoff baseball game tonight. We have been working on hitting the last few months. It has really clicked recently. Today he came up with bases loaded top of the last inning down by 1 and crushed 150 foot triple over center fielders head. For all the pain in the ass things that kids do moments like this sure make you proud. Especially when other parents come up to you about the hit. Tomorrow is championship game.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
Thanked by
RS
June 14th, 2019 at 9:59:16 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

I don’t have kids and never ever want them, so I don’t really have a dog in this fight.

But school isn’t just about learning. It’s about socializing.

Home schooled kids miss out on that. And a heck of a lot of them end up as friggin weirdos.

LoL....what do you consider a weirdo?
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
June 14th, 2019 at 10:47:51 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

7 year old had playoff baseball game tonight. We have been working on hitting the last few months. It has really clicked recently. Today he came up with bases loaded top of the last inning down by 1 and crushed 150 foot triple over center fielders head. For all the pain in the ass things that kids do moments like this sure make you proud. Especially when other parents come up to you about the hit. Tomorrow is championship game.

I just have one question. Can you bet the games???
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
Thanked by
MaxPen
June 14th, 2019 at 11:03:25 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

LoL....what do you consider a weirdo?

I had to do a double take tbh.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 111
June 14th, 2019 at 11:23:32 PM permalink
One third of my High School class failed the last month of school and got stiffed of their diplomas at the graduation ceremony.
GWAE
GWAE
June 15th, 2019 at 3:05:02 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

I just have one question. Can you bet the games???

lol I am sure there is someone that will take a wager. Set the line on todays championship. We played them 2 times in regular season and tied both times. They don't play extra innings at this level. First game was 10-10 and second game was 12-12.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
June 15th, 2019 at 4:46:51 AM permalink
Quote: ]. Set the line on todays championship. [/q

Wasn't it Benny Binion or Dink who said "Everything in life is six to five against!"

GWAE
GWAE
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
June 15th, 2019 at 4:27:48 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

lol I am sure there is someone that will take a wager. Set the line on todays championship. We played them 2 times in regular season and tied both times. They don't play extra innings at this level. First game was 10-10 and second game was 12-12.

We won 15-14.
LusciousSweet2
LusciousSweet2
  • Threads: 7
June 15th, 2019 at 4:36:42 PM permalink
I am actually older than both my parents were when I was born, and still have no kids nor do I want them for the foreseeable future. I love my carefree and childfree life. Maybe in the distant future I may want kids, but right now I am perfectly content not being personally responsible able for anyone else but myself.
Here come the Men In Black. They won't let you remember.
  • Jump to: