onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
  • Threads: 177
  • Posts: 6875
February 10th, 2019 at 9:08:49 PM permalink
Damn, I ordered flowers for Valentine's Day Friday morning for the best delivery date I could get, FEB 12th. I tried calling 5 hours later, because I changed my mind about this woman. Well, they were hard to understand and were just running a scam on me pretending to be cancelling my order, I knew it and I stayed on the line for 20 minutes before I gave up. First red flag, the lady tells me the order was already canceled. Then she later told me I would get a cancellation confirmation email within 24 hours and would not send me an email stating this. There was no supervisor available. My hands were tied, I couldn't figure out what to do from my phone, so I had to rely on their customer service representatives. For some reason, she kept saying emaul, you would think they would try pronouncing this right, but they don't. I forgot about it, thinking maybe I would change my mind about this date. I have about 19 times, definitely don't want to go and am almost certain she will stand me up. I don't know a good reason why I can't cancel an order for flowers that won't even be delivered for 2 days now, but they won't let me.

Don't order from them unless you're sure what you want them. I don't know how this happened, but I'm stuck giving flowers to a woman I don't even trust and to a woman that will either cancel our date or ghost me. Plenty of fish in the sea.
Time to start a new signature, this time it will rhyme.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 123
  • Posts: 15065
February 10th, 2019 at 9:49:01 PM permalink
Mr. I hate Women, thought about sending a woman flowers????

We need to ask ZK how he feels about sending girls flowers.

How old was this chick you were courting? Unless she is old, sending flowers to a chick at the begging stages of dating is a mistake nowadays.

Try ghosting the next one, I bet she will be sending you gifts.

If not, just suddenly send her a d*** Pic.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
  • Threads: 177
  • Posts: 6875
February 11th, 2019 at 2:32:24 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

Mr. I hate Women, thought about sending a woman flowers????

We need to ask ZK how he feels about sending girls flowers.

How old was this chick you were courting? Unless she is old, sending flowers to a chick at the begging stages of dating is a mistake nowadays.

Try ghosting the next one, I bet she will be sending you gifts.

If not, just suddenly send her a d*** Pic.

It was nothing but trouble my friend, 13 years younger than me. It was just a fantasy relationship and she was playing me, her song was pretty damn good though. It is true, ghosting would have been a good idea. I think she was cheating on someone with me to be honest.
Time to start a new signature, this time it will rhyme.
Nathan
Nathan
Joined: Sep 2, 2016
  • Threads: 65
  • Posts: 2953
Thanks for this post from:
AxelWolf
February 11th, 2019 at 2:49:21 AM permalink
Why not just keep the flowers and give them to your Mom for Valentine's Day? :)
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
  • Threads: 177
  • Posts: 6875
February 11th, 2019 at 4:15:16 AM permalink
Quote: Nathan

Why not just keep the flowers and give them to your Mom for Valentine's Day? :)

I cannot change or modify the order.
Time to start a new signature, this time it will rhyme.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
Joined: Dec 28, 2014
  • Threads: 43
  • Posts: 2735
February 11th, 2019 at 4:28:00 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

Damn, I ordered flowers for Valentine's Day Friday morning for the best delivery date I could get, FEB 12th. I tried calling 5 hours later, because I changed my mind about this woman. Well, they were hard to understand and were just running a scam on me pretending to be cancelling my order, I knew it and I stayed on the line for 20 minutes before I gave up. First red flag, the lady tells me the order was already canceled. Then she later told me I would get a cancellation confirmation email within 24 hours and would not send me an email stating this. There was no supervisor available. My hands were tied, I couldn't figure out what to do from my phone, so I had to rely on their customer service representatives. For some reason, she kept saying emaul, you would think they would try pronouncing this right, but they don't. I forgot about it, thinking maybe I would change my mind about this date. I have about 19 times, definitely don't want to go and am almost certain she will stand me up. I don't know a good reason why I can't cancel an order for flowers that won't even be delivered for 2 days now, but they won't let me.

Don't order from them unless you're sure what you want them. I don't know how this happened, but I'm stuck giving flowers to a woman I don't even trust and to a woman that will either cancel our date or ghost me. Plenty of fish in the sea.


I *think* they contract with local florists, so the quality can vary based on who is actually making the arrangement.
GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 83
  • Posts: 8034
February 11th, 2019 at 5:11:33 AM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

I *think* they contract with local florists, so the quality can vary based on who is actually making the arrangement.



that is partly true. They do ship some from a warehouse. The ones that get an actual deliver and not fedex come from a local. I think it depends on what you order, if you order some of their specials they ship them. Although I havent ordered flowers in 10 years. I am married so I don't have to worry about those things anymore ;-)
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT WHO YOU THINK I AM.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 97
  • Posts: 5268
February 11th, 2019 at 5:27:52 AM permalink
I'm at resort in Jamaica now. Celebrating my girl's birthday. She likes flowers. I went to concierge to order a bouquet. I'm a captive audience. It was nearly $100 for a 6 rose bouquet yet! I bit my lip and said I'll take it, I just need it before dinner. I get an email back telling me since it was a Sunday they can't get them! I figured a resort hotel was 24/7!
At home my local supermarket (Wegmans) has a HUGE flower department. Probably 1/3 the price as well.

For your dilemma, what did the contract say? No changes permitted after an order has been placed? If so, you are likely out of luck. If not, just dispute with your credit card company.
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 66
  • Posts: 4175
Thanks for this post from:
Joemanonenickelmiracle
February 11th, 2019 at 5:30:44 AM permalink
Call your credit card company now and let them know what happened. Ask them to block or reverse the charge if it comes through. Let them know that you cancelled the order but you don't think the person on the phone understood you. They will block or reverse the charge and if the flowers get delivered anyway you are out nothing.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
Joeman
Joeman
Joined: Feb 21, 2014
  • Threads: 31
  • Posts: 1297
Thanks for this post from:
onenickelmiracle
February 11th, 2019 at 7:24:44 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

Call your credit card company now and let them know what happened. Ask them to block or reverse the charge if it comes through. Let them know that you cancelled the order but you don't think the person on the phone understood you. They will block or reverse the charge and if the flowers get delivered anyway you are out nothing.

This^^^
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"

  • Jump to: