• Threads: 63
September 8th, 2012 at 10:43:51 AM permalink
deleted
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
  • Threads: 112
September 8th, 2012 at 11:18:29 AM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

People that continually pound on slot/video poker button.

I don't have a problem with that. Since you can't beat the machine, why not beat up on it ?
24Bingo
24Bingo
  • Threads: 23
September 8th, 2012 at 2:56:06 PM permalink
-Machines with handles that are locked, or worse, working handles that you're cautioned against using. I don't care if they're just big switches nowadays, I like handles.
-Those VBJ machines that only let you bet one credit or everything you've got in the machine. Especially with the fact that they offer surrender for two or more credits.
-Machines that advertise their credit amount when the minimum bet is much higher. I guess I can sort of understand it for those "all lines" machines, but other than that it's just bull.
-Waiting for a table.
-Boardpersons and floorpersons who just don't care about the list, advertising open seats when there aren't any or not calling anyone when there are despite a list, or even (usually at night) seating someone ahead of the list because they don't know any better.
-Players who leave their chips when they know they're not going to be back for half an hour or more.
-Pre-flop min-raisers in low-stakes no-limit; no one seems to fold to them who wasn't folding anyway, even the BB.
-Players who dance or sing along to their music players.
The trick to poker is learning not to beat yourself up for your mistakes too much, and certainly not too little, but just the right amount.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
September 8th, 2012 at 3:04:31 PM permalink
" Players who leave their chips when they know they're not going to be back for half an hour or more." Rocks do this in poker riooms to be eligible for bad beat jackpots GRRRRRRR
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 402
September 8th, 2012 at 3:56:20 PM permalink
Quote: 24Bingo

-Players who leave their chips when they know they're not going to be back for half an hour or more.

I saw the Asian players do this constantly when I played
bac. They would leave the table and go eat at the buffet.
After 30min the pit would remove their chips and when
they wandered back after being gone for 90min, they
would go apeshit that their seat was gone. Always very
entertaining, the sense of entitlement involved was
staggering to me. Or they would be playing at another
table and jump back to play one hand every 20min, just
to hold their seat. The pit put up with it because they're
Asian. If it was me, no way they would tolerate it. Its why
I don't play bac anymore, the obvious bias of the pit.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 63
September 8th, 2012 at 4:11:26 PM permalink
deleted
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
  • Threads: 164
September 8th, 2012 at 4:18:04 PM permalink
Quote: buzzpaff

" Players who leave their chips when they know they're not going to be back for half an hour or more." Rocks do this in poker riooms to be eligible for bad beat jackpots GRRRRRRR

Really?

Most poker rooms require that you need to be dealt in to be eligible. Better rooms only require that you have played at least one hand, and have not missed any blinds.

If you're gone half an hour or longer, you WILL have at least one missed blind button...
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? Note that the same could be said for Religion. I.E. Religion is nothing more than organized superstition.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
September 8th, 2012 at 4:33:37 PM permalink
"
If you're gone half an hour or longer, you WILL have at least one missed blind button.."

Which keeps you eligible for the bad beat jackpot.
24Bingo
24Bingo
  • Threads: 23
September 8th, 2012 at 4:42:39 PM permalink
Not where I play. No cards, no cash. Someone I knew won the table money once, and some unlucky sap up for the bathroom just missed it; the winners felt sorry for him and gave him a black each. Although I still say tight is the way to go, especially when the rake is high compared to the stakes.

Don't really care about people holding their seats at the tables, since there it doesn't really affect the game itself, although I don't really play the tables, certainly not enough to bother with lines when they exist.
The trick to poker is learning not to beat yourself up for your mistakes too much, and certainly not too little, but just the right amount.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 79
September 8th, 2012 at 5:10:35 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

The pit put up with it because they're
Asian. If it was me, no way they would tolerate it. Its why
I don't play bac anymore, the obvious bias of the pit.

It's because they're asian, not because they're betting huge amounts of money?
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett

• Jump to: