Poll

9 votes (13.84%)
33 votes (50.76%)
23 votes (35.38%)

65 members have voted

ZenKinG
ZenKinG
  • Threads: 56
  • Posts: 1443
Joined: May 3, 2016
April 3rd, 2018 at 8:29:48 AM permalink
This isnt a troll and it might be off topic, but when i was younger i actually used to know when i was inside a dream. I kid you not. I subconsciously knew i was in a dream and so i did whatever i wanted because i knew it wasnt real. I also knew a way to get out of the dream if it became a nightmare. Damn im good.
Any private business open to the PUBLIC (ie. droned out casinos) cannot have a criminal trespass enforced against an individual without GOOD CAUSE (Disruptive or Disorderly conduct). You will never go to prison for being thrown out of a casino for legal advantage play and then returning because it's simply unconstitutional 'as applied' to the individual. 'As applied' constitutional issues must FIRST be raised in DISTRICT COURT (trial court) to have it thrown out. You CANNOT raise it on APPEAL This is the best kept secret in the world of casinos not just in Vegas but everywhere in the country. Thank me later.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
  • Posts: 4300
Joined: Jan 5, 2012
April 3rd, 2018 at 8:30:52 AM permalink
Quote: ZenKinG

This isnt a troll and it might be off topic, but when i was younger i actually used to know whrn i was inside a dream. I kid you not. I subconsciously knew i was in a dream and so i did whqtever i wanted because it wasnt real. I also knew a way to get out of the dream if it became a nightmare. Damn im good


It's called Lucid Dreaming and not that uncommon; some people even practice to be able to do it at will. I have never been able to though.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
ZenKinG
ZenKinG
  • Threads: 56
  • Posts: 1443
Joined: May 3, 2016
April 3rd, 2018 at 8:32:37 AM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

It's called Lucid Dreaming and not that uncommon; some people even practice to be able to do it at will. I have never been able to though.



Interesting, thanks. It doesnt happen anymore though, but it was fun while it lasted lol.
Any private business open to the PUBLIC (ie. droned out casinos) cannot have a criminal trespass enforced against an individual without GOOD CAUSE (Disruptive or Disorderly conduct). You will never go to prison for being thrown out of a casino for legal advantage play and then returning because it's simply unconstitutional 'as applied' to the individual. 'As applied' constitutional issues must FIRST be raised in DISTRICT COURT (trial court) to have it thrown out. You CANNOT raise it on APPEAL This is the best kept secret in the world of casinos not just in Vegas but everywhere in the country. Thank me later.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 298
  • Posts: 11633
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
April 3rd, 2018 at 8:43:24 AM permalink
Quote: ZenKinG

This isnt a troll and it might be off topic, but when i was younger i actually used to know when i was inside a dream. I kid you not. I subconsciously knew i was in a dream and so i did whatever i wanted because i knew it wasnt real. I also knew a way to get out of the dream if it became a nightmare. Damn im good.



Did you ever run into freddy krueger?

Seriously i also had that periodically when younger. But it would only happen in scary dreams when suddenly i would realize i need not be frightened. Usually i would wake soon after

About a year ago i had the most realistic nightmare. I mean i truly was there. When i finally awoke it was so devastating to even realize it was a dream. A few days later was reading side effects of new high blood pressure medication i was on and vivid dreams were on there. It was pretty freaky
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 298
  • Posts: 11633
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
April 3rd, 2018 at 8:47:05 AM permalink
About a month ago i dreamed i was using other people's players cards for freeplay

Only thing is i was completely butt naked. 100%

My daughter asks me what im doing and i replied i was hiding in plain sight

And then security comes and says i was observed using other player cards BUT nothing is mentioned that im standing in my birthday suit surrounded by guards

Yeah my subconscious was in overdrive that night
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
  • Posts: 5607
Joined: Jul 22, 2014
April 3rd, 2018 at 9:56:27 AM permalink
Quote: ZenKinG

Interesting, thanks. It doesnt happen anymore though, but it was fun while it lasted lol.

Yeah I researched Lucid Dreaming a lot in college. I really like the idea of being able to examine ones own subconscious through realizing you're in the middle of it. There are a lot of techniques to help lucid dreaming occur. One of the reasons it might not happen as much anymore is due to the less and less sleep amounts we get as we get older. Less REM sleep, less dreaming, less chances for lucid dreaming. You're definitely not near the first person to be able to control their dreams, sorry to burst that bubble =). Actually, if I recall correctly, the majority of people have had lucid dreams, even if they don't know the proper phrase. One thing about lucid dreaming though, if you change a lot of things due to knowing you're dreaming it tends to crash the dream.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
  • Posts: 4300
Joined: Jan 5, 2012
April 4th, 2018 at 7:00:28 AM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

Last night I dreamt that I was playing in the WSOP main event. At my first table were a couple of my coworkers. We were having some delay for some reason starting the round, I think because they were having some kind of issue distributing the chips.

I told my coworkers that I didn't have a lot of poker experience so please excuse my ignorance if I did stuff wrong (string bets, not betting in the right multiples, etc.). And in my head in the dream I was thinking "why did I throw away ten grand on this entry when I don't know WTF I'm doing?"

Why can't I dream about winning at blackjack or craps? I don't even really like poker.


Forgot another weird part of this dream - they forgot to take the jokers out of the deck, whoops.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
  • Posts: 11933
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
April 4th, 2018 at 7:04:32 AM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

Forgot another weird part of this dream - they forgot to take the jokers out of the deck, whoops.


Pogo.com had a Texas Holdem game with jokers in it.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
Laymedown
Laymedown
  • Threads: 15
  • Posts: 265
Joined: Nov 15, 2017
April 5th, 2018 at 5:15:23 PM permalink
I had a dream just this morning. I'm at the craps table with 80x $1000 chips in my tray wearing a red t-shirt with a charity for blind children. I was chosen to play craps for a charity. There was tv cameras all around the craps table and I was the only shooter.

Apparently I was supposed to gamble as usual and donate anything above the 80K to charity. I'm not sure if the 80k was mine though.

I do not know the outcome. I can't remember but it was an interesting dream.
Sorry for my many daily posts. I am a retired professional and I love to chat about gambling. I also enjoy reading and can't help but to reply to some fantastic articles.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 298
  • Posts: 11633
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
Thanked by
RogerKintLaymedown
April 5th, 2018 at 5:45:18 PM permalink
Quote: Laymedown

I had a dream just this morning. I'm at the craps table with 80x $1000 chips in my tray wearing a red t-shirt with a charity for blind children. I was chosen to play craps for a charity. There was tv cameras all around the craps table and I was the only shooter.

Apparently I was supposed to gamble as usual and donate anything above the 80K to charity. I'm not sure if the 80k was mine though.

I do not know the outcome. I can't remember but it was an interesting dream.



I thought a DI would know the outcome
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
  • Posts: 8277
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
April 5th, 2018 at 6:10:23 PM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

Last night I dreamt that I was playing in the WSOP main event. At my first table were a couple of my coworkers. We were having some delay for some reason starting the round, I think because they were having some kind of issue distributing the chips.

I told my coworkers that I didn't have a lot of poker experience so please excuse my ignorance if I did stuff wrong (string bets, not betting in the right multiples, etc.). And in my head in the dream I was thinking "why did I throw away ten grand on this entry when I don't know WTF I'm doing?"

Why can't I dream about winning at blackjack or craps? I don't even really like poker.

Funny thing about dreams like this, if you confront the strangeness, the characters don't acknowledge it and brush you off. The others in a dream will not admit it's a dream, the subconscious doesn't want to have you break the illusion.
I am a robot.
Venthus
Venthus
  • Threads: 24
  • Posts: 1125
Joined: Dec 10, 2012
April 5th, 2018 at 10:51:45 PM permalink
One gambling dream the other day... I kept getting almost-winners on VP, like four to a royal, three aces and a kicker, etc. Every single time, I'd get distracted, or a drink would tip over, or the machine would malfunction, and I wouldn't've held the cards I meant to. The first card out, invariably, was the card I needed to finish the hand. This continued to happen on almost every hand until I realized that the machine had sprung a leak and I was sitting in rising water-- welp, time to make a bathroom trip!
Lucca3927
Lucca3927
  • Threads: 17
  • Posts: 128
Joined: Aug 5, 2017
April 6th, 2018 at 3:15:00 PM permalink
There have been times when I saw something that could have been from a nightmare walking down Freemont Street.
"I should have bet black." - Winston Churchill .
  • Jump to: