rayray83
rayray83
  • Threads: 5
April 30th, 2012 at 11:13:29 PM permalink
Just saw that Tunica has Mississippi Stud. Reading the rules and the payouts I have to admit the game looks intriguing. I'm going down this week and was wondering if anyone has played this game and what was your experience? Any tips for playing the game or is it one I should pass on altogether.
Gazreal
Gazreal
  • Threads: 3
May 1st, 2012 at 12:16:06 AM permalink
I find the game fun, and the easiest game to compare it to would be let it ride. Unlike let it ride however, you often find yourself betting much more on average per hand. Let it ride most often plays out with you pulling back 2 units, whereas Mississippi Stud strategy dictates that you almost always bet multiple units, 3.59 according to the wizard. (https://wizardofodds.com/games/mississippi-stud/)

My advice would be to make sure you are properly bankrolled for a session before sitting down. Tunica should have $5 minimums and I would suggest at least $200, and probably several hundred if you want to play for awhile. A cold streak can make hundreds disappear very quickly. Also make sure you are familiar with the strategy, as most of the time you will be "chasing" a few outs in order to win or salvage your previous bets. When you hit on this game you will hit big, but that's not unlike most of the carnival poker games. Good luck!
ewjones080
ewjones080
  • Threads: 33
May 1st, 2012 at 1:04:51 AM permalink
I deal it, and Gazreal's right, win a lot in a hurry or lose a lot in a hurry. Personally, if you like the thrill of possibly winning a lot, (like a slot player hoping for a jackpot) then go ahead. Or if you really like poker games of any kind. If you like blackjack or craps or other "back and forth" games, then stay away. I personally dislike the game in terms of playing, but I enjoy dealing cause people aren't too disgruntled and throw me $5 when hitting a hand, usually more with bigger wins.
Tiltpoul
Tiltpoul
  • Threads: 32
May 1st, 2012 at 5:06:37 AM permalink
I enjoy the game, and while in Tunica, I tend to play it more than anywhere else (I mean, when in Rome...)

I treat the game like a slot machine. You either hit it big, and leave, or you lose it all and get up. Whereas LIR requires a BIG hand (like a 4-of-a-kind or better) to get back to even if you're in deep, you can easily get it back with 3-of-a-kind if your pair is 6s or higher. As it has been said, though, you will risk a lot of money on a lot of hands, so it goes down MUCH faster than LIR.
"One out of every four people are [morons]"- Kyle, South Park
  • Jump to: