Thread Rating:

Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
August 17th, 2012 at 7:46:14 AM permalink
Quote: Beardgoat

Nareed owes someone a big apology after her ban is up. She likened Soopoo to a bully and an abuser of woman over that!? unbelievable

This is not why HB was called a bully and a stalker. After SOOPOO cancelled the dinner things went downhill fast. Fast forward to the point where there was so much animosity against SOOPOO that she demanded he stay away from the weigh-in, group dinner (not to be confused with the private one), and the loser would pay the winner through me. This was the request SOOPOO initially did not agree to. He said that if he couldn't pay HB in person he wouldn't pay at all.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
August 17th, 2012 at 7:48:58 AM permalink
I'm going to defend HB in a very limited way. I think it can be considered rude, at worst, for SOOPOO to imply that he would not talk to HB anymore if she discontinued posting the weekly updates. The only reason I feel that way is because I cannot see where they were an explicit term of the bet.

However, I would consider, "Bullying," a gross over-exaggeration. Furthermore, given my limited understanding of what stalking is, to say that you are not going to be talking to someone anymore is, in my opinion, the exact opposite of, "Stalkerish." It would seem, and please correct me if I am wrong, that the purpose of stalking someone is to have more contact with someone against his/her will as opposed to less. Again, you'll all excuse me if I am misunderstanding the purpose and intent of stalking, as I have never done it.

To the Wizard's concern, SOOPOO gave express permission in this very thread for HB to share the PM's, and I think that it has become clear to the majority of us why he was unconcerned with her doing so. Regarding the dinner, in defense of SOOPOO (Not that he needs defense at this point) if I were to take my wife out of town, and then go off and have dinner with a female unknown to her, I think she would be just slightly more than consumed with rage.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
texasplumr
texasplumr
  • Threads: 13
August 17th, 2012 at 7:53:05 AM permalink
There are a few threads on here that I don't enjoy, I opt not to open them. I find that to be much more effective than bitching in the thread that I think it should be locked.
Stupid is a choice
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
August 17th, 2012 at 7:59:11 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

I'm going to defend HB in a very limited way. I think it can be considered rude, at worst, for SOOPOO to imply that he would not talk to HB anymore if she discontinued posting the weekly updates. The only reason I feel that way is because I cannot see where they were an explicit term of the bet.

Seemed a little silly to me, but I wonder if SooPoo thinks the "value" of the bet for him is the continual news and blogs and the race. Imagine having the last furlong of the Preakness blacked out and only the runners as they cross the line?

Quote:

However, I would consider, "Bullying," a gross over-exaggeration. Furthermore, given my limited understanding of what stalking is, to say that you are not going to be talking to someone anymore is, in my opinion, the exact opposite of, "Stalkerish." It would seem, and please correct me if I am wrong, that the purpose of stalking someone is to have more contact with someone against his/her will as opposed to less. Again, you'll all excuse me if I am misunderstanding the purpose and intent of stalking, as I have never done it.

To the Wizard's concern, SOOPOO gave express permission in this very thread for HB to share the PM's, and I think that it has become clear to the majority of us why he was unconcerned with her doing so. Regarding the dinner, in defense of SOOPOO (Not that he needs defense at this point) if I were to take my wife out of town, and then go off and have dinner with a female unknown to her, I think she would be just slightly more than consumed with rage.

It's okay, he could have found a way to "sneak out". That term their I find just a little disrespectful to the woman in SooPoo's life... maybe it was echoing something he was said in an earlier message, who knows. But still, implying that a Gentleman bringing a Lady on holiday should do any sneaking around is... well, not exactly the same sort of behaviour I am sure HB would expect a Gentleman taking her away on holiday to conduct. Considering her bemoaning the lack of gentleman and people treating the ladies "right", what can I say.

There's obviously gaps in the conversations posted.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
Mission146
Mission146
August 17th, 2012 at 8:00:02 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

This is not why HB was called a bully and a stalker. After SOOPOO cancelled the dinner things went downhill fast. Fast forward to the point where there was so much animosity against SOOPOO that she demanded he stay away from the weigh-in, group dinner (not to be confused with the private one), and the loser would pay the winner through me. This was the request SOOPOO initially did not agree to. He said that if he couldn't pay HB in person he wouldn't pay at all.

True.

However, the consensus (as well as your hypothetical inclusion in the consensus) is that he has an inherent right to be there as a party to the bet. I also think that it could be fairly argued that SOOPOO's disclusion from the weigh-in could possibly, and I'm not saying it was because I am not inside HB's head, considered nothing more than a revenge tactic on the part of HB.

I also interpret one of HB's later PM's as essentially saying, "Hey, it's not a date...unless you want it to be." If this is a correct interpretation, and I'm not saying it is, (though she seemed to be the only party to throw the word, "Date," out there) I think that we may have a, "Hell hath no fury..." type of situation here.

I still maintain that it may have been rude of SOOPOO to imply that he may not talk to HB anymore absent the weekly updates, but I really fail to see any other grounds upon which I can even potentially defend her position.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
August 17th, 2012 at 8:02:55 AM permalink
Quote: DeMango

I'm thinking of the title of a Shakespeare play........

I can't get this off of my mind.

Much Ado About Nothing?
A Midsummer Night's Dream?
All's Well that Ends Well?
As You Like It?
the Comedy of Errors?
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
Mission146
Mission146
August 17th, 2012 at 8:09:38 AM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

Seemed a little silly to me, but I wonder if SooPoo thinks the "value" of the bet for him is the continual news and blogs and the race. Imagine having the last furlong of the Preakness blacked out and only the runners as they cross the line?

That's a fair assessment, but if it is not a component of the agreed-upon wager, then it is immaterial. There can be no doubt that if it was not an explicit part of the bet, HB is free to do as she chooses, in this regard.

I must admit that I feel partially responsible for all of this crap, however indirectly. It was my idea for her to stop posting the updates because I was concerned that she would beat the goal even prior to September, thereby eliminating even the slightest semblance of suspense from the wager!

Races will often end with a leader an insurmountable number of lengths ahead going into the last quarter, yet the hosting track does not intentionally black out the conclusion of the race...I wish I had never had that idea.

Quote:

It's okay, he could have found a way to "sneak out". That term their I find just a little disrespectful to the woman in SooPoo's life... maybe it was echoing something he was said in an earlier message, who knows. But still, implying that a Gentleman bringing a Lady on holiday should do any sneaking around is... well, not exactly the same sort of behaviour I am sure HB would expect a Gentleman taking her away on holiday to conduct. Considering her bemoaning the lack of gentleman and people treating the ladies "right", what can I say.

There's obviously gaps in the conversations posted.

I can say that the first time I ever, "Sneak out," (which won't happen) would be the last, because my wife would serve me my walking papers within a week. While a, "Girlfriend," type situation maybe a little less extreme in this regard, if SOOPOO has the same respect for his gf as I do for my wife (and I imagine he does), then he wouldn't sneak around to do anything. Further, perhaps SOOPOO's current girlfriend will eventually become his wife, if I were him, I'd really hate to screw that up if it has any chance of happening!
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
August 17th, 2012 at 8:10:11 AM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

I can't get this off of my mind.

I'm glad one with the word "taming" in the title wasn't on your list, lest there be another banning.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
FarFromVegas
FarFromVegas
  • Threads: 7
August 17th, 2012 at 8:11:44 AM permalink

I'm glad one with the word "taming" in the title wasn't on your list, lest there be another banning.

Good thing I'm a slow typist, then. :P
Each of us is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts. Preparing for a fight about your bad decision is not as smart as making a good decision.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
August 17th, 2012 at 8:29:22 AM permalink

Oh, c'mon now: do you honestly think any taming has occurred in this thread? :-)
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
24Bingo
24Bingo
  • Threads: 23
August 17th, 2012 at 8:35:29 AM permalink
I'd pretty much assumed Much Ado About Nothing.
The trick to poker is learning not to beat yourself up for your mistakes too much, and certainly not too little, but just the right amount.
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
August 17th, 2012 at 8:49:41 AM permalink
As someone who has pretty much stood aside on all of this,

Everything is self evident. Every attempt by anyone involved to spin anything has been obvious. Nothing needs any further editorializing.

Even before the posting of the PMs, this was true.

All the best to everyone involved. I hope the money was worth it.
A falling knife has no handle.
sunrise089
sunrise089
  • Threads: 6
August 17th, 2012 at 8:56:22 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

I hope this doesn't merit a suspension based on answering a PM, but it does seem a bit premature for HB to be asking ANYONE to pay up. The bet is not complete and no one has mentioned not paying...

If this really happened, HB is doing a bit of bullying...

Sorry, I should clarify (and try to do so without breaking the 'public PM discussion rule.') The request was something akin to "it looks likely the bet will be won, and provided that [three mentions of the need to pay]." I felt it somewhat rude and it didn't make me enjoy the bet process more, but it wasn't bullying.
weaselman
weaselman
  • Threads: 20
August 17th, 2012 at 8:58:30 AM permalink
Quote: Woldus

His Excellency.... I may be missing for a few days, but upon my return I had considered putting together a Woldus Challenge parody. Would you have any interest in being part of that? Please PM me, but understand that at some point in the future I will indicate that the response you send will be a bullying, abuse filled experience for me.

But seriously, I want to do the parody.

That thought has occurred to me as well. Coincidentally, I find myself in need of money currently, as well as at any other time, and also like getting fancy dinners for free. I am willing to subject myself to various minor inconveniences if someone is willing to sponsor.

The problem with the parody however is that someone might consider it an attack, and starting threads with the purpose of attacking other members is forbidden.

I don't think, there is any rule against parodying without starting a new thread however, so if there is someone out there willing to bet 9 to 1 against my being able to eliminate fungi from my toenail in two months, and then take me to a dinner at Joël Robuchon or, perhaps, Le Cirque or Picasso (I'll let you decide), please PM me ASAP, so that I can finalize my plans of using it against you. I promise to provide status reports with graphic pictures daily.
"When two people always agree one of them is unnecessary"
Mission146
Mission146
August 17th, 2012 at 9:07:08 AM permalink
Quote: weaselman

I don't think, there is any rule against parodying without starting a new thread however, so if there is someone out there willing to bet 9 to 1 against my being able to eliminate fungi from my toenail in two months, and then take me to a dinner at Joël Robuchon or, perhaps, Le Cirque or Picasso (I'll let you decide), please PM me ASAP, so that I can finalize my plans of using it against you.

Thank you for that. I was busily eating a bowl of shredded wheat and two slices of multi-grain bread with apple butter for lunch and I feel it all coming back up, while the remainder is destined for the trash can unconsumed.

Okay, I am not quite that faint of heart, but I do tend to picture that which I read, so while I will not vomit, there is no question that a half bowl of cereal and one piece of toast is going in the trash.
weaselman
weaselman
  • Threads: 20
August 17th, 2012 at 9:09:15 AM permalink

Okay, I am not quite that faint of heart, but I do tend to picture that which I read, so while I will not vomit, there is no question that a half bowl of cereal and one piece of toast is going in the trash.

Spreading negativity already?
Just wait till I start posting pictures ... And don't you dare say they are not pretty - I'll get you for a personal insult!
You are hereby banned from my reward dinner, you bully, negativity spreader!
"When two people always agree one of them is unnecessary"
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
August 17th, 2012 at 9:21:39 AM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

So I realized just how upset I have gotten over this thread and really needed to cool down. Luckily I had my appointment with my new therapist today and here’s what I got from our conversation:

1) I have gotten in the habit of associating with the wrong men, particularly because I (sub-consciously) would pick men who treat me similarly to how my father treated me (the situation with Scott exploding at me for example for something when I did not do anything wrong and was calling him for help was almost exactly the same scenario with an occurrence that happened with my own father). This makes sense as Mike had once asked me, “Why do you hang out with these kind of men?” to which at the time I wasn’t quite sure why I continually put myself in these situations

2) I’ve foolishly tried unceasingly to get people on the forum to see my point of view and where I’m coming from and to try and be understanding of me when it’s a losing battle because no one will ever truly understand or even try to understand

3) I’ve cared too much about the fact that there are so many people on here who don’t like me, and have allowed myself to get way too upset over the enormous amount of negativity that has been thrown my way from people here who I don’t even know or will never meet

4) Although my intentions on being a member of this forum were to have fun and participate in the threads and make friends and be social, there are those who are not here for the same reasons and I can’t expect people to be friendly with me or be here for the same reasons

5) If I am getting as upset as I have been being on the forum then the simple answer is to not log on

I have to say I’ve spent too much time on here lately where I could be doing more productive things, especially since my back has been feeling better these last few days. I no longer need to lay on my stomach for days on end on my laptop waiting for my back pain to go away. Instead of being a part of the negativity that has been going on here it makes more sense to put my focus and efforts towards positive things in my life and my own personal pursuits.

Since SOOPOO gave me permission to post the conversation regarding our dinner from my excited discussion with him and up until his email back to me telling me he was withdrawing his dinner offer I will do that. My only reason in doing so is to prove that he was lying about why I got upset. Now you will see that he in fact was not being truthful to you Wednesday in why I was upset at him. But I already know that ultimately this isn’t even going to make a dent as how you see him or how you see me and I know not to care any more as it is a losing battle. I at least wanted to present the facts.

I apologize about the small print. And when reading our conversations below, read it from the BOTTOM UP in order to avoid confusion. I’ve numbered them in order so to help you read through it easier and understand the flow of conversation:

This will be my last post for a while. I am not leaving the forum, I just need to cool off and tend to way more important matters in my life for the time being. I will leave for now saying that I am glad for the opportunity of this weight loss challenge. Had this challenge not been set in place I likely would’ve fallen off the wagon and not have accomplished what I will have accomplished by October 17th of this year, and for that I am thankful. Having October 17th, the financial reward, and, for a while there, the extravagant culinary restaurant experience I was looking forward to, all in mind made a big difference in keeping me on the right path (although I had strayed many times this year, but not substantially enough to keep me from getting back on track). I am thankful for those of you who thought I could do it, you were right! I still giggle at those who honestly thought I had little to no chance of succeeding. Anyway, have fun, or don’t, I don’t care. Write nice things about me, tear me apart, do whatever you want cuz I’m not going to care any more. Maybe during my time away there will be some new juicy drama to spring up and you will have all forgotten about the drama that’s gone down here.

I re read these pm's, which I gave HB permission to use. I can see HB not being happy with me, perhaps, but I really think all my actions were reasonable, not abusive, stalking, etc... I do not want HB suspended... as I gave her permission....
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
August 17th, 2012 at 9:25:02 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

Really? This is the type of conversation that led to Nareed and HB calling SOOPOO a liar, bully, and abuser? That led HB to say she would involve her brother and the police?

I don't think this set of PM's even reaches the standard of mildly insulting. It just sounds like one person was in danger of not getting her way.

There is either a whole lot more than this or HB has greatly exaggerated the whole thing.

Thank you, Ron. It is why I wholeheartedly gave HB permission to post my pm's. I think they speak for themselves.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
August 17th, 2012 at 9:29:00 AM permalink
Quote: Beardgoat

By the way, a normal woman would be jealous/ crazy mad if you took them to Las Vegas and then decided to let another single woman join together for dinner.

HB could not understand this. I was willing to go MY FIRST NIGHT with HB and the rest of the forum gang, to celebrate a friend's amazing success. I just didn't think it would be fair to my new friend to go with a single HotBlonde the second night...
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
August 17th, 2012 at 9:35:25 AM permalink

To be fair to me Mike, after all that has happened, I had planned on having HB sign a receipt for me. After reconsidering, I figured you being able to vouch that the bet has been paid was equally acceptable. I made that proclamation a dozen or so posts ago. Regardless, I can't see how a sane person could interpret my request to pay off a debt, a FRIENDLY wager, by the way, in person, ........ as an "abuser of women"...
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
August 17th, 2012 at 9:53:00 AM permalink

Thanks, cess. The blog posting request by me, first of all, was just my request that at a minimum she post her weekly weight. I WORKEED HARD on getting people involved that really might not have cared. Specifically, I got a buddy of mine to risk $450 sight unseen, and told him I'd be giving him weekly updates... I don't know how many of the others involved also expected the weekly updates.... I just thought it was very selfish of HB not to keep the throngs informed. Remember, I just did this bet as a FAVOR to a friend, a woman who I hoped to help turn her life around. I put up a sizeable chunk of change, with NO CHANCE OF ANY GAIN FOR ME, as in the event HB pays me it is going to charity.
So, I now feel bad for getting others involved, as I was hoping that they would be HAPPY to lose to HB and pay her. That was the tactic i used to get people in. Do a friend a favor and offer her a reward for an amazing success. Now I feel as if the others will feel like they just lost a bet.....
But, here goes, ..... I still hope I am happy for HB, despite what has transpired..... With the exception of the 'date' problem I had in Vegas that caused HB and I to fight, I remember having a great time with her that trip, with Mike, Nick, Pai Gow Dan and his wife. I hope HB will soften her heart to all those that have bet against her, because they really bet FOR her, and put my name at the top of that list (even though Mike bet more).
Woldus
Woldus
  • Threads: 14
August 17th, 2012 at 10:13:08 AM permalink
I had hoped to make this a surprise, but I just can't wait any longer...

I would like a new car and thought that if everyone on the forum would simply donate $100 each I will be able to get one. With a $100 donation I will provide a picture of me naked in the new ride. For $200 I will make sure you don't recieve a picture at all, and for a $300 donation I will instead send the picture to anyone you choose.,

This is a win-win-win situation... But mostly a win for me.

Please understand that anyone who chooses to abuse me by NOT donating will do so as an ungentlemanly bully.

Please PM me if you would care to make a larger donation and/or take me to a fancy, yummy dinner. Preferably someplace where the wait staff wear suspenders.

One final incentive, though I'm confidant it's not needed, is that I will become increasingly surly and unappreciative of your donations as the coffers fill. You may be helping me out, but that's what you're there for.
tsmith
tsmith
  • Threads: 19
August 17th, 2012 at 10:23:26 AM permalink
After reading the PMs, I take back everything I said about how to control a controlling person because I don't see any evidence of "controlling women with money" going on. SOOPOO didn't say anything to HB that she didn't say to him first.

Last time my husband and I were in Vegas I was pissed for 2 days because he spent some time with his brother instead of me. Imagine how pissed I'd have been if he had gone out to dinner with a woman he met over the Internet instead.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
August 17th, 2012 at 10:46:25 AM permalink
Quote: sunrise089

Sorry, I should clarify (and try to do so without breaking the 'public PM discussion rule.') The request was something akin to "it looks likely the bet will be won, and provided that [three mentions of the need to pay]." I felt it somewhat rude and it didn't make me enjoy the bet process more, but it wasn't bullying.

Perhaps I should have added more to my post. I should have said that if the PMs somehow meant to HB that SOOPOO was bullying her, then her unseen PM to you could be seen has her bullying you to do the right thing.

The point is that she wants it all to go her way and sometimes things just don't go that way. No one was bullying anyone in either instance but she was basically wanting to make sure you paid up when she won. Why would she think anyone was going to not pay?
RaleighCraps
RaleighCraps
  • Threads: 79
August 17th, 2012 at 11:01:57 AM permalink
Quote: 24Bingo

I'd pretty much assumed Much Ado About Nothing.

When I saw Shakespeare, my mind immediately went to his genre of Tragedies. Need I say more?
Always borrow money from a pessimist; They don't expect to get paid back ! Be yourself and speak your thoughts. Those who matter won't mind, and those that mind, don't matter!
RaleighCraps
RaleighCraps
August 17th, 2012 at 11:08:39 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Thanks, cess.....

I can see how you have been distracted, but Thecess finds anything other than addressing him by His Excellency to be offending, and has stated such in other posts. After all that has gone on, I would hate to see a suspension for something as minor as cess.
Always borrow money from a pessimist; They don't expect to get paid back ! Be yourself and speak your thoughts. Those who matter won't mind, and those that mind, don't matter!
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
August 17th, 2012 at 11:18:35 AM permalink
Wow. Talk about a tempest in a teapot. I read
the PM's three times and I'm not getting it. I
guess I'm dense. Reminds me of my first
serious girlfriend who used to get furious
with me for no reason. I eventually
got tired of asking what was wrong and
just stopped calling her. Way too much melodrama
for no apparent reason.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
thecesspit
thecesspit
August 17th, 2012 at 11:22:53 AM permalink
Quote: RaleighCraps

I can see how you have been distracted, but Thecess finds anything other than addressing him by His Excellency to be offending, and has stated such in other posts. After all that has gone on, I would hate to see a suspension for something as minor as cess.

You are conflating me and Her Excellency, ferretman.

(and it's thecessPIT :))
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
RaleighCraps
RaleighCraps
August 17th, 2012 at 11:33:27 AM permalink

Oh drat. Well, thanks a lot for ruining that joke. :-(
EvenBob
EvenBob
August 17th, 2012 at 12:07:17 PM permalink
I'm interested to see what Nareed's position will be
when the suspension is up. I'm not seeing anything
in the PM's that would cause Nareed to take such
staunch stance against Scott, it doesn't make any
sense.
thecesspit
thecesspit
August 17th, 2012 at 12:30:03 PM permalink

Oh drat. Well, thanks a lot for ruining that joke. :-(

Oh damn, sorry, BirminghamRoulette!
Fairway2Gold
Fairway2Gold
  • Threads: 0
August 17th, 2012 at 12:46:34 PM permalink
I joined here about a month ago, and have just finished reading though this thread (most of it). My impressions:

By now, everyone knows HB is a psychopath, except WIZARD. What the hell?

Wizard needs to "grow a pair." HB OWNS YOU! For someone with high levels of mathematical intelligence, you are a complete idiot in the common sense department! SOOPOO is ripped to shreds by HB and Nareed (who can't figure out if he is a man or a woman?- how pathetic is that?) because SOOPOO cancelled a dinner date? They call him "stalker" and "serial abuser"; and threaten violence (send her brother?), and WIZARD constantly makes excuses for HB? Are you freaking kidding me?

Hey Wizard- you would be wise to stay away from this fat bitch when she comes to Vegas- I promise she will turn on you next. Sadly, I think you are too stupid to see it coming.

I am a longtime AP and I thought this forum would be about VEGAS. HA! The top threads are about speaking spanish, GOD, religion, and a super-obese blonde who thinks she is hot. By the way, the casino chip thread is excellent! Good work Doc!

Farewell!

-Fairway2Gold
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
August 17th, 2012 at 12:48:11 PM permalink
Ooooh. I see another suspension coming. Maybe a nuclear one.
A falling knife has no handle.
DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 36
August 17th, 2012 at 12:51:03 PM permalink
(+1) ^^
As Ronald Reagan would say, "Here we go again...."
F2G: Enjoy your suspension!
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 46
August 17th, 2012 at 12:54:56 PM permalink
Quote: Fairway2Gold

Good work Doc!

Uh, thanks. But I sense you will not be around again to see this reply.
FarFromVegas
FarFromVegas
  • Threads: 7
August 17th, 2012 at 12:55:48 PM permalink
Quote: Mosca

That looks more like a resignation with the "Farewell" at the end.

As they say elsewhere on the internet, YAGE
Each of us is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts. Preparing for a fight about your bad decision is not as smart as making a good decision.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
August 17th, 2012 at 12:56:40 PM permalink
It's Al Capone week for the Wizard. (don't aim, just spray)
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
WongBo
WongBo
  • Threads: 62
August 17th, 2012 at 2:04:42 PM permalink
nomination: this thread
category: most monumental waste of time and bandwidth...
i gave up reading it when HB last revealed her weight.
i mean seriously, step back for a minute and ask yourself:
is this how i want to spend the precious few moments of life on this earth?
In a bet, there is a fool and a thief. - Proverb.
kmumf
kmumf
  • Threads: 1
August 17th, 2012 at 2:34:24 PM permalink
I must say its a cheap form of entertainment for me while at work. I enjoy seeing the way people respond to things they don't agree on. Even if it is on something as simple as this bet. I say keep it going and I can't wait to see how it ends.
Calder
Calder
  • Threads: 5
August 17th, 2012 at 2:36:09 PM permalink
Wow. I wonder what HB's therapist would make of her posts.

Quote: Woldus

I had hoped to make this a surprise, but I just can't wait any longer...

Sorry, I'm saving my cash in anticipation of the "Pay for my therapy sessions" thread. Any leftover funds can be put towards a yummy new BMW and a "Mean People Suck" bumper sticker.
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 46
August 17th, 2012 at 2:36:16 PM permalink
Quote: Mosca

Well, the user name is now in red, though this is not yet mentioned in the Suspension List. (Edit: It's there now, and yes, it's Nuclear Option.)

Assuming it is indeed a suspension or more for the above post, that makes it either six or seven suspensions in the last month coming out of discussions in this thread (6 or 7 depending on what discussion led to Nareed's P.M.) I guess it's just a spurious coincidence and nothing about this thread really leads to objectionable interactions between members.
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
August 17th, 2012 at 3:01:02 PM permalink

I joined here about a month ago, and have just finished reading though this thread (most of it). My impressions:

By now, everyone knows HB is a psychopath, except WIZARD. What the hell?

Wizard needs to "grow a pair." HB OWNS YOU! For someone with high levels of mathematical intelligence, you are a complete idiot in the common sense department! SOOPOO is ripped to shreds by HB and Nareed (who can't figure out if he is a man or a woman?- how pathetic is that?) because SOOPOO cancelled a dinner date? They call him "stalker" and "serial abuser"; and threaten violence (send her brother?), and WIZARD constantly makes excuses for HB? Are you freaking kidding me?

Hey Wizard- you would be wise to stay away from this fat bitch when she comes to Vegas- I promise she will turn on you next. Sadly, I think you are too stupid to see it coming.

I am a longtime AP and I thought this forum would be about VEGAS. HA! The top threads are about speaking spanish, GOD, religion, and a super-obese blonde who thinks she is hot. By the way, the casino chip thread is excellent! Good work Doc!

Farewell!

-Fairway2Gold

I don't think the secret moderators are going to be able to take the weekend off.

Posts like this will keep everyone reading and contributing to this thread and posts like this arouse my suspicions of a hidden agenda. I'd hate to think that we're being played.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
August 17th, 2012 at 3:05:19 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

It's Al Capone week for the Wizard. (don't aim, just spray)

The Wizard had asked for some levity
So I'll just post a warning with brevity
As this thread gets longer
If your anger grows stronger
Soon no one will be left except me.

Quote: WongBo

...is this how i want to spend the precious few moments of life on this earth?

The answer is obvious. Perhaps it's schadenfreud, or whatever the hell makes Jersey Shore and Real Housewives so popular. Like those shows, things in this thread affect people on a very base level, one you just have to react to. As a fan of psychology, I can't look away. Regardless of how many times I've wanted to punch my own self in my own face as a result of what I've read, I don't feel I've wasted a second.

It's caused relationships to flower, to crumble, the forum's taken sides. There's a very strong emotional flow attached. And it's not over money, nor even the bet itself. It's fascinating.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
RaleighCraps
RaleighCraps
August 17th, 2012 at 9:28:39 PM permalink
like a moth to light. You know it is going to fry you, but you can't help but keep coming back.

PS. That was a good one thecesspit (BirminghamRoulette) lol
EvenBob
EvenBob
August 17th, 2012 at 9:58:43 PM permalink

I joined here about a month ago,

Farewell!

-Fairway2Gold

How quickly they're falling..
24Bingo
24Bingo
August 18th, 2012 at 3:01:20 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

I'm interested to see what Nareed's position will be
when the suspension is up. I'm not seeing anything
in the PM's that would cause Nareed to take such
staunch stance against Scott, it doesn't make any
sense.

Considering how deeply she still seems cut by the comment that she was "being a dork," I expect that, if she did think it was worse than this, she'll still hold the exchange posted deserving of all the vitriol she gave it.
The trick to poker is learning not to beat yourself up for your mistakes too much, and certainly not too little, but just the right amount.
DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 36
August 18th, 2012 at 5:40:29 AM permalink
Don't you just love scrolling to the very bottom of the home page to see the red dyed names of the victims of this thread? No doubt screaming in silence, "Let me in, let me in!" Yesterday there were four......
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
August 18th, 2012 at 6:04:09 AM permalink
Quote: 1BB

I don't think the secret moderators are going to be able to take the weekend off.

Posts like this will keep everyone reading and contributing to this thread and posts like this arouse my suspicions of a hidden agenda. I'd hate to think that we're being played.

1BB--- just to humor me, what 'hidden agenda' might you think either HB or I have? If you are implying that we were setting up forum members to defraud them of money in the bet, then you are impugning the Wiz's integrity. He has vouched for the authenticity of this bet, and although he couldn't vouch for HB's exact starting weight, he could vouch for her approximate starting weight. And HB will weigh in with the Wiz present to conclude the bet.

I, also, am not anonymous here. Many forum members have met me. I have paid off forum members on previously lost bets, most notably from the Wizards Challenge thread, where Son of SOOPOO tried to win our homemade triathlon.

My only hidden agenda here is my own personal enjoyment, and as long as I find this mess more interesting than it is trouble, I'll keep at it.
Woldus
Woldus
  • Threads: 14
August 18th, 2012 at 7:31:24 AM permalink

1BB--- just to humor me, what 'hidden agenda' might you think either HB or I have? If you are implying that we were setting up forum members to defraud them of money in the bet, then you are impugning the Wiz's integrity. He has vouched for the authenticity of this bet, and although he couldn't vouch for HB's exact starting weight, he could vouch for her approximate starting weight. And HB will weigh in with the Wiz present to conclude the bet.

I, also, am not anonymous here. Many forum members have met me. I have paid off forum members on previously lost bets, most notably from the Wizards Challenge thread, where Son of SOOPOO tried to win our homemade triathlon.

My only hidden agenda here is my own personal enjoyment, and as long as I find this mess more interesting than it is trouble, I'll keep at it.

SOOPOO... I think you're a little shell shocked. Understandably. 1BB - I think - was perhaps elbowing us that maybe the "drama" is a little bit of a show from HB for drama's sake. At least that's how I took it. (Which only adds to her need for more therapy in my opinion).
24Bingo
24Bingo
August 18th, 2012 at 7:36:13 AM permalink

Someone in the suspension thread - odiousgambit - suggested that this whole fight (not the bet) was the setup for some grand practical joke at the weigh-in. I think that's what 1BB was referring to.

I suppose under that theory, F2G, whose post he quoted, would be an alt of the Wizard (since no one else would risk it) made for this purpose, plus the stray post in July for credibility.
  • Jump to: