EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
July 18th, 2011 at 4:07:56 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Good thread! I'm learning a lot.

Indeed. Just hope none of it ever comes in handy on a personal basis..

"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
July 18th, 2011 at 4:23:46 PM permalink
Quote: rudeboyoi

im not sure how it works in prison but in jail most people shower alone.

At the Max Security place I toured way upstate NY they had just a one-stall shower at the end of the tier. In the min security place the showers looked like a college dorm, individual stalls for each person. In a class I took a deputy warden showed us a video of a stabbing in a shower where a few were together.

So it seems to me it will depend on the prison and security level. Logically it would seem the prison administration would not want the security risk if it could be avoided.

As to the "myth" I don't buy it in a group setting while being watched. Anything I have read states knock-down-drag-out rapes in prison are fairly rare and happen either in a riot or when the COs intentionally turn their backs on a known problem person. More rapes happen because someone gets in debt, needs protection, or is already gay but not ready to pair up. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but it is more complex than a guy dropping the soap.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
July 19th, 2011 at 2:37:07 AM permalink
Much has been written about the problem of prison rape, so I would have to guess here "jail" as opposed to "prison" is a factor.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 263
July 22nd, 2011 at 7:12:33 PM permalink
Quote: rudeboyoi

i violated a restraining order by sending emails to an ex-girlfriend.

Wow, the offense and the punishment don't seem to fit.

The e-mails must have been very sternly worded !

Was it a contempt of court kind of thing ? You don't
need to answer that if you don't want (obviously).
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
  • Jump to: