Thread Rating:

EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
June 11th, 2011 at 2:04:23 AM permalink
Can you believe these media clowns feverishly plowing thru Palin's email? Can you believe them getting frothing at the mouth upset because she wouldn't give them her itinerary for the bus tour last week? Or making fun of her for the Paul Revere story, and it turns out she was correct after all? They call her an idiot, yet they act scared to freaking death of her. Do you know any idiots in your personal life? We all do, and how much time do we spend thinking about them when they aren't standing right in front of us? Zero, thats how much. So the truth is, they don't think Sarah Palin is an idiot at all, do they. They're not afraid of her being president, they're afraid she'll have too much influence supporting the nominee.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
JimMorrison
JimMorrison
  • Threads: 21
June 11th, 2011 at 3:26:59 AM permalink
Palin is an idiot and will have roughly zero influence on the GOP nominee. That said, the email story is disgusting and does show an incredible media bias. Will Obama's emails as Senator be released for people to peruse?
EvenBob: "Look America, I have a tiny wee-wee, can anybody help me?"
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
June 11th, 2011 at 3:40:11 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Can you believe these media clowns feverishly plowing thru Palin's email?

Whazza matter? Is Paris Hilton incommunicado or something and the media clowns have something else of great moment on which to focus?
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
June 11th, 2011 at 3:58:43 AM permalink
Quote:

Tim Crawford, the treasurer of her political action committee, Sarah PAC, said in a statement that everyone should read the emails. "The thousands upon thousands of emails released today show a very engaged Governor Sarah Palin being the CEO of her state," he said.

"The emails detail a governor hard at work," he said.

Fox News

There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 11th, 2011 at 4:08:00 AM permalink
Quote: JimMorrison

Palin is an idiot

I'm not a big Palin fan, but the thing is, when I listen to her speak, she doesn't sound like an idiot, quite the opposite in fact. She's calm and determined and doesn't stumble over her words. She's a powerful and beautiful woman, and I love looking at her. I don't want her to go away, she intimidates the hell out of me and it turns me on no end.

There, I've said it..
zippyboy
zippyboy
  • Threads: 2
June 11th, 2011 at 4:16:42 AM permalink

Palin is an idiot

I'm not a big Palin fan, but the thing is, when I listen to her speak, she doesn't sound like an idiot, quite the opposite in fact.

There, I've said it..

??? Everything she says is idiotic! Don't you watch the news? The latest Paul Revere nonsense alone is enough to tell me she's too stupid to run our country. Did she fail high school history class? Bugs Bunny would say "What a maroon! What an embezzle!".
"Poker sure is an easy game to beat if you have the roll to keep rebuying."
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
June 11th, 2011 at 4:23:46 AM permalink
Quote: zippyboy

Palin is an idiot

I'm not a big Palin fan, but the thing is, when I listen to her speak, she doesn't sound like an idiot, quite the opposite in fact.

There, I've said it..

??? Everything she says is idiotic! Don't you watch the news? The latest Paul Revere nonsense alone is enough to tell me she's too stupid to run our country. Did she fail high school history class? Bugs Bunny would say "What a maroon! What an embezzle!".

Zippy, are YOU serious?? After someone checked the FACTs she was proven to be CORRECT. She does not sound like an idiot, she orates well. That being said, she is not qualified to be our president, but neither is the man who IS our president. Submitting a budget that spends more than a TRILLION more than we take in is enough proof of that.
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 11th, 2011 at 4:31:28 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Zippy, are YOU serious?? After someone checked the FACTs she was proven to be CORRECT. She does not sound like an idiot, she orates well.

I'm very careful about what I say about Sarah Palin. It did turn out she was right about Paul Revere, so that makes anybody who calls her an idiot, an idiot themselves. She says things like 'Lets party like it was 1773' and people say, what a moron, she doesn't even know its 1776! But it turns out 1773 was the date they threw the tea into Boston harbor, thats what she was referring to, the birth of the Tea Party. She is making fools of the press, how idiotic is that. God, I want her...
zippyboy
zippyboy
June 11th, 2011 at 4:35:44 AM permalink

I'm very careful about what I say about Sarah Palin. .... She is making fools of the press, how idiotic is that. God, I want her...

oh, brother......
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 11th, 2011 at 4:39:56 AM permalink

oh, brother......

Hey, bud, she just did it to you. Didn't she? You said she was an idiot and she was right and you were wrong. Do you think thats an accident? It was PLANNED, she's working the press like a stripper at a Shriner's convention. Oh, the image that brings to mind. This is a shrewd woman, make no mistake.
zippyboy
zippyboy
June 11th, 2011 at 4:50:02 AM permalink
You might have a point there...

EvenBob
EvenBob
June 11th, 2011 at 5:27:32 AM permalink
See, Zip, she threatens you too. She threatens all men, why do you think they want to discredit her and put her in her place? She would have you on your knee's crying like newborn baby in about 30 seconds, admit it.
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
June 11th, 2011 at 6:53:04 AM permalink

Can you believe these media clowns feverishly plowing thru Palin's email? Can you believe them getting frothing at the mouth upset because she wouldn't give them her itinerary for the bus tour last week? Or making fun of her for the Paul Revere story, and it turns out she was correct after all? They call her an idiot, yet they act scared to freaking death of her. Do you know any idiots in your personal life? We all do, and how much time do we spend thinking about them when they aren't standing right in front of us? Zero, thats how much. So the truth is, they don't think Sarah Palin is an idiot at all, do they. They're not afraid of her being president, they're afraid she'll have too much influence supporting the nominee.

Well... it's NOT her email. It is the state of Alaska's email. She sent it, but as part of government function.

That being said, I couldn't imagine anything being in there that would influence anything, in either direction. Minds have been made up on this one. For I'm decidedly not a fan, but I would be very happy if it DID show "a governor hard at work." That's what I'd expect.

And, that's what the "media clowns" get paid to do. It generates eyeballs, which generates advertising revenue, which gets people to buy stuff which drives the economy! I know, you didn't need the economy lesson. But sometimes it helps to back away from the fervor and take in the big picture.
A falling knife has no handle.
timberjim
timberjim
  • Threads: 33
June 11th, 2011 at 6:58:03 AM permalink

You might have a point there...

I wonder you find it necessary to post a well known phony picture to try and make your point?
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
June 11th, 2011 at 6:59:01 AM permalink

She says things like 'Lets party like it was 1773' and people say, what a moron, she doesn't even know its 1776! But it turns out 1773 was the date they threw the tea into Boston harbor, thats what she was referring to, the birth of the Tea Party.

So she is using clever ploys to get two and three times the media mileage she would otherwise get. Big deal. The fact remains: The Boston Tea Party dumped English tea into the harbor because it would have reached the market at well under four cents a pound but an instigator of the event had an entire warehouse full of smuggled Dutch tea that would be sold at twelve cents a pound.
Mosca
Mosca
June 11th, 2011 at 7:02:52 AM permalink

I'm very careful about what I say about Sarah Palin. It did turn out she was right about Paul Revere, so that makes anybody who calls her an idiot, an idiot themselves. She says things like 'Lets party like it was 1773' and people say, what a moron, she doesn't even know its 1776! But it turns out 1773 was the date they threw the tea into Boston harbor, thats what she was referring to, the birth of the Tea Party. She is making fools of the press, how idiotic is that. God, I want her...

Well, a little bit yes, except that Paul Revere didn't have much going on about gun control. She really stretched that point, don't you think? And the other part, the bells and the warning the Brits, that was a lucky hit IMO. Generally she knew the cameras were on and was trying to make a point, and it came off a bit clumsy. But really, it was no worse than Obama's "57 states". That's 57 varieties of Heinz, Harvard man.

She's not a good "off the cuff" thinker in an age when almost everything is on the record. Lots of great politicians weren't; they probably would not be politicians today for that very reason. Richard Nixon comes to mind immediately. (And before you tee off on me, IMO Nixon had the potential to be by far the greatest of American presidents. This coming from a life long Democrat. Great men are often felled by great flaws.)

<dream>

There's something to be said about the kind of intelligence that allows a man or woman to stop for a while, consider all sides of a problem, see how different solutions affect different people, weigh the costs, take into account how the problem will change over time, and then work toward building consensus for the best choice for the most people... rather than being able to come up with a slick answer that makes people feel good.

</ dream>
zippyboy
zippyboy
June 11th, 2011 at 7:05:40 AM permalink
Quote: timberjim

I wonder you find it necessary to post a well known phony picture to try and make your point?

Point? I wasn't making any point. Just trying to be silly and make light of a silly thread. If you're offended by that, well, I guess you must be one of her followers. America being what it is today, she'll probably be our next president.
timberjim
timberjim
  • Threads: 33
June 11th, 2011 at 7:14:58 AM permalink

Point? I wasn't making any point. Just trying to be silly and make light of a silly thread. If you're offended by that, well, I guess you must be one of her followers. America being what it is today, she'll probably be our next president.

Not offended in the least. Definitely not a supporter and I completely agree with you on the sad state of America today. You only have to look at the White House to see how far we have fallen.
zippyboy
zippyboy
June 11th, 2011 at 7:18:23 AM permalink
It would fall further still if Palin gets in.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
June 11th, 2011 at 7:25:46 AM permalink
Quote: Mosca

There's something to be said about the kind of intelligence that allows a man or woman to stop for a while, consider all sides of a problem, see how different solutions affect different people, weigh the costs, take into account how the problem will change over time, and then work toward building consensus for the best choice for the most people... rather than being able to come up with a slick answer that makes people feel good.

Excellent point, Mosca- but our extremely partisan 2 party system does not allow that to occur. It seems impossible for any republicrat to agree with a democan, or vice-versa. When votes are taken Repubs 1 yea 258 nae Dems 235 yea 3 nae, etc.. it shows that there is too much political pressure to allow that 'kind of intelligence' to show through...
iwannaiguana
iwannaiguana
  • Threads: 7
June 11th, 2011 at 7:30:48 AM permalink
I very much dislike getting into politics, but I do feel that we need to clarify some historical facts so as to not further confuse readers. Sarah Palin was in fact very wrong in her statement. These are the historical arguments that any unbiased historian would stand by:

1. There is no evidence that Paul Revere rode through town ringing bells or firing warning shots. He did make the "one if by land, two if by sea" signal using a lantern and shouted a warning as he rode.

2. Paul Revere's ride was in no way an attempt to warn the British and if he did so it was to a minimal extent. Revere was detained along with other riders at a British roadblock. After being questioned at gunpoint he told them something to the extent the British would be in danger if they tried to proceed into Lexington.

3. The British approached Lexington despite the warning. There were indeed bells and gunshots heard and the British decided not to continue. None of this had anything to do with Paul Revere and further solidifies that Paul Revere warning had no effect on the British.

There are a few truthful elements that made their way into Palin's story although it does appear that she was thoroughly confused. Her statements would be similar to me saying something like "The Germans bombed Pearl Harbor in WWII, but Japan then proceeded to drop a nuclear bomb on them." The elements are there, but that doesn't make the facts correct.

Palin clearly misspoke and probably needs a little refresher in US history. However, I feel that a number of people, politicians included, would make equally embarrassing statements if questioned on this nation's history. I also think that all politicians make mistakes like this occasionally and the media blew it out of proportion.
Mosca
Mosca
June 11th, 2011 at 7:45:31 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Excellent point, Mosca- but our extremely partisan 2 party system does not allow that to occur. It seems impossible for any republicrat to agree with a democan, or vice-versa. When votes are taken Repubs 1 yea 258 nae Dems 235 yea 3 nae, etc.. it shows that there is too much political pressure to allow that 'kind of intelligence' to show through...

Today, the right would consider Nixon too liberal. To the left, Johnson would be considered conservative. The truth is both men were pragmatic politicians who worked to forge a consensus. Nixon was the political father of the ecological movement; Johnson was a hard liner on Viet Nam.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
  • Threads: 240
June 11th, 2011 at 8:20:07 AM permalink

Today, the right would consider Nixon too liberal. To the left, Johnson would be considered conservative. The truth is both men were pragmatic politicians who worked to forge a consensus. Nixon was the political father of the ecological movement; Johnson was a hard liner on Viet Nam.

RMN should be loved by the left and hated by the right. While he did understand what was needed to get us out of Vietnam he also started the EPA and instituteed wage and price controls. I never understood the fascination some on the right had with him. And why on earth anyone would do a break-in on a party that had no chance of beating him in 1972 is beyone me.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
June 11th, 2011 at 8:31:08 AM permalink
Quote: iwannaiguana

There are a few truthful elements that made their way into Palin's story although it does appear that she was thoroughly confused. Her statements would be similar to me saying something like "The Germans bombed Pearl Harbor in WWII, but Japan then proceeded to drop a nuclear bomb on them." The elements are there, but that doesn't make the facts correct.

Palin clearly misspoke and probably needs a little refresher in US history. However, I feel that a number of people, politicians included, would make equally embarrassing statements if questioned on this nation's history. I also think that all politicians make mistakes like this occasionally and the media blew it out of proportion.

The media blows it out of proportion ANYTIME a conservative misspeaks but if it is a liberal then it was "a mistake."

Let Quayle misspell "potato" and he is a dunce. Let Obama say there are "57 States" and he was tired.

Let John Kerry say Nixon had him in Cambodia illegally on Christmas Day in 1968 (when LBJ was in office) and no one says a word. Let George Bush say 3 people were sentenced to death in a crime when 2 got death and one life and he is exaggerating his record.

Let Joe Biden say FDR went on TV after the stock market crash on 1929 (before there was TV and before FDR was in office) and he just misspoke. Let Sarah Palin tell a young schoolchild that "the VP runs the Senate" and she has no idea about government.

Let Obama run for POTUS and the lamesteream media email each other to change the subject he went to a racist church.

Let there be emails released about a known faking of so-called "global warming" anfd the lamestream media yawns. Let Sarah Palin's emails be released and they ask for volunteers to "find patterns" in her emails.

Is it any wonder so many people distrust the media? Other than Fox News, Breitbart, and a few others none of them care about the real story. If liverals were held to half the standards of conservatives no liberal would be electen outside of NYC/SF.
Mosca
Mosca
June 11th, 2011 at 9:02:12 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

RMN should be loved by the left and hated by the right. While he did understand what was needed to get us out of Vietnam he also started the EPA and instituteed wage and price controls. I never understood the fascination some on the right had with him. And why on earth anyone would do a break-in on a party that had no chance of beating him in 1972 is beyone me.

That is EXACTLY what I mean. But at the time he was reviled by the left and loved by the right. HE is the one who coined the term "silent majority" to speak to conservative, average Americans. At the time, he was the very definition of long-thinking conservatism.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
June 11th, 2011 at 10:28:50 AM permalink

The task is not to solve problems, the task is to get re-elected.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
June 11th, 2011 at 10:52:30 AM permalink

That is EXACTLY what I mean. But at the time he was reviled by the left and loved by the right. HE is the one who coined the term "silent majority" to speak to conservative, average Americans. At the time, he was the very definition of long-thinking conservatism.

I do agree with him on the "silent majority" thing. It is, IMHO, the main reason Limbaugh has done so well. There is a majority (at the very least a large plurality) of people who are tired of TV/movies glorifying the single mother and the gay guy; who are tired of so many innuendos they can't watch 8:00 Network TV as a family; tired of skin color determining college admissions and governmnet hiring; tired of more taxes; tired of yet another social program; tired of all this and loving the America they knew and feel they have lost.

If anyone doubts this, notice how nobody on the right is upset if they are called "conservative." It is considered a badge of honor. OTOH, if you call someone "liberal" they more often than not scream they are really "moderate" or "progressive."
Wavy70
Wavy70
  • Threads: 15
June 11th, 2011 at 12:30:20 PM permalink
I just question the morals of a women who lets her minor children's boyfriends move in. If the best the Teaparty can find is common trash it explains why they are a joke. But to most Palin supporters facts are a nuisance.
Edit To consider her a real candidate is funny. She is a walking reality show and she is making tons of money.
I have a bewitched egg that I use to play VP with and I have net over 900k with it.
Mosca
Mosca
June 11th, 2011 at 12:57:24 PM permalink

I do agree with him on the "silent majority" thing. It is, IMHO, the main reason Limbaugh has done so well. There is a majority (at the very least a large plurality) of people who are tired of TV/movies glorifying the single mother and the gay guy; who are tired of so many innuendos they can't watch 8:00 Network TV as a family; tired of skin color determining college admissions and governmnet hiring; tired of more taxes; tired of yet another social program; tired of all this and loving the America they knew and feel they have lost.

If anyone doubts this, notice how nobody on the right is upset if they are called "conservative." It is considered a badge of honor. OTOH, if you call someone "liberal" they more often than not scream they are really "moderate" or "progressive."

It's because conservatives have deliberately used the word "liberal" as a slur. Liberals, on the other hand, have not responded in kind.

It's a big country, with room for everyone, but some folks just have to scoot over a bit these days. But there's still room. You can't define a culture, you can only describe it.
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 11th, 2011 at 1:07:01 PM permalink

I do agree with him on the "silent majority" thing. It is, IMHO, the main reason Limbaugh has done so well. There is a majority (at the very least a large plurality) of people who are tired of TV/movies glorifying the single mother and the gay guy;

I missed Boston Legal when it was on and have been watching reruns. It was great the first 3 seasons, but season 4 for was non stop Bush and conservative bashing, its so tiring and annoying. They got cancelled halfway thru season 5, people don't want to hear that crap. I heard the other day that Family Ties, the 80's show that had Michael J Fox as a conservative supporter of Reagan, backfired on the producers. Fox's character was supposed to come across as a fool, but he was so charismatic and lovable that the opposite happened. His parents looked like old hippie idiots and Fox looked like the modern cool dude. It shows that personalities can run TV shows and movies and over power everything else.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
June 11th, 2011 at 1:39:57 PM permalink

I heard the other day that Family Ties, the 80's show that had Michael J Fox as a conservative supporter of Reagan, backfired on the producers. Fox's character was supposed to come across as a fool, but he was so charismatic and lovable that the opposite happened. His parents looked like old hippie idiots and Fox looked like the modern cool dude. It shows that personalities can run TV shows and movies and over power everything else.

We must have read the same thing, I heard that about MJF also. I always knew Alex was supposed to be "the one you hate" and it turned out oppisite but did not know how blatant it was. Same thing happened in All in the Family where Archie was supposed to be "evil" but later there were "Archie Bunker for President" bumper stickers.

If you watch old and later episodes of "Family Ties" you can see the writers eventually gave in. In early years the writing made him out to be "mean" but later he more came across as a more of a young-republican-overachiever-80spreppie.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
June 11th, 2011 at 1:44:56 PM permalink

It's because conservatives have deliberately used the word "liberal" as a slur. Liberals, on the other hand, have not responded in kind.

Not sure what parallel universe you live in but I hear liberals doing it all the time. The reason "liberal" may work as a slur is because liberal policies usually fail?
cclub79
cclub79
  • Threads: 35
June 11th, 2011 at 2:17:21 PM permalink

Not sure what parallel universe you live in but I hear liberals doing it all the time. The reason "liberal" may work as a slur is because liberal policies usually fail?

The thing is, for something to be a "slur" someone has to be offended. And for the most part, mainstream Conservatives are too busy living their lives to be offended by much.

Liberals look for something new to be a slur every day. Watch an 80s or 90s sitcom and see how they use "retarded". Now it's a slur. Saying something is "gay" is now a slur that is cause for suspensions in school (among children who don't even know the sexual reference to the word.) I won't even start on the laundry list of words that have a negative stigma regarding African-Americans that I didn't even know had anything to do with anything when I was kid. Calling someone "fat" was even starting to be unacceptable, but now that Gov. Christie is in office, the left is walking that one back.

There's even a wikipedia article posted by a Democrat that says that calling it the "Democrat Party" is a slur. It's "Democratic". Then they launch into a whole thing about how if you say Democrat Party it's incorrect, because a noun can only be modified by an adjective (Democratic), not another noun (Democrat). That's odd, because I thought I drove past the train (noun) station today.

The moral is the left looks to be offended by everything Conservatives say, so naturally they are going to stretch the bounds of that whenever they can, and add more words to their banned list.
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 11th, 2011 at 2:35:36 PM permalink
Liberals are perceived to be lame, therefore they get forgiven when they screw up. They try hard to do 'good works', and deserve a pass when they put their foot in it. Like Weiner. They want to save the planet, save the environment, save the oceans, save the rain forests, save energy, save the trees, save the poor. And the best way to do that, in their tiny minds, is find someone to blame. Soak the rich, give gov't entitlements to people till we're broke, legalize weed so they can stay high 24/7, ban guns, let Gay's get married, let every 14yr old girl have as many abortions as they want, take salt shakers off every table, harass fat people, and ban SUV's. And you wonder why Rush is so popular, he has a field with this stuff..
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
June 11th, 2011 at 2:47:52 PM permalink
Quote: cclub79

There's even a wikipedia article posted by a Democrat that says that calling it the "Democrat Party" is a slur. It's "Democratic". Then they launch into a whole thing about how if you say Democrat Party it's incorrect, because a noun can only be modified by an adjective (Democratic), not another noun (Democrat). That's odd, because I thought I drove past the train (noun) station today.

The proper form is "Democrat" as "democratic" is a system, "Democrat" is a party. At least when I started voting it said "Democrat" as a party right there at the voting machine.

Just ask a whining Democrat if you say, "Democratics in Congress are abandoning Wiener" or "Democrats in Congress are abandoning Weiner."

A smart GOP candidate would keep calling it "The Democrat Party" and let them waste a week whining about it.

Or maybe they just don't like having the word "rats" in their party?
Mosca
Mosca
June 11th, 2011 at 4:14:07 PM permalink
When it comes to this stuff, I'm not interested in tossing barbs with you guys. I'm going to enjoy your repartee regardless, and I have no interest in changing your minds. When it comes time to vote I always use mine; I hope you also use yours. It's what makes the whole thing work. All this other stuff on the internet is just posturing.
Calder
Calder
  • Threads: 5
June 11th, 2011 at 4:27:37 PM permalink
No one has ever changed their political views based on an internet message board.

At least, I hope not...
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
June 11th, 2011 at 6:03:05 PM permalink
Quote: Calder

No one has ever changed their political views based on an internet message board.

At least, I hope not...

Nope, but I've had a good insight into why people believe a very different thing to what I do.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 11th, 2011 at 6:32:32 PM permalink
Playwright David Mamet (The Verdict, Glengary GlenRoss) has written a book about how he went from a dyed in the wool Jewish Hollywood liberal, to a staunch conservative. He says his eyes were opened when he investigated what capitalism really is and how it made America great. He says liberalism gives people an excuse not to think about anything. To just assume people are changing the world because we elect them, or give money to some cause. He thinks liberals don't investigate enough, they just believe what they're told and driving a Prius instead of an SUV actually helps anything. Everybody who I've known that hates Rush Limbaugh never listens to him. They're terrified that if they do listen, they'll be 'converted' and actually have to think about what they're doing in their lives instead of coasting along on other peoples ideas.
zippyboy
zippyboy
June 11th, 2011 at 7:12:50 PM permalink
How does the quote go...

"If you're not a rebel by the age of 20, you got no heart, but if you haven't turned establishment by 30, you've got no brains."

We can probably exchange liberal for rebel, and conservative for establishment.
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 11th, 2011 at 7:34:17 PM permalink

"If you're not a rebel by the age of 20, you got no heart, but if you haven't turned establishment by 30, you've got no brains."

We can probably exchange liberal for rebel, and conservative for establishment.

Thats because when you're young you have time for all the pie in sky crap, and by the time you're 30, you should have realized its time to move on to more serious things in life. Like earning a living and raising kids. My wife works with mostly liberal women and she's appalled at how uninformed they are. My wife is a FoxNews junkie and she's always up on everything. She can't have conversations at work because the women there have no facts, just slogans and platitudes and assumptions. Like Mamet said, being liberal means you don't have to think.
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
June 11th, 2011 at 8:16:26 PM permalink

Palin is an idiot ... That said, the email story is disgusting and does show an incredible media bias.

I know! Just look at how the media jumped on the family values conservative from Wyoming, Anthony Weiner just because he's a Republican!!
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
June 11th, 2011 at 9:05:58 PM permalink
Quote: s2dbaker

Palin is an idiot ... That said, the email story is disgusting and does show an incredible media bias.

I know! Just look at how the media jumped on the family values conservative from Wyoming, Anthony Weiner just because he's a Republican!!

Actually, didn't the media ignore Weiner until Andrew Breitbart made it impossible for them to do so?

Face facts, a biased media dug more on Palin in 2 weeks than it did on Obama in 2+ years of campaigning respectively.
JimMorrison
JimMorrison
June 11th, 2011 at 9:06:26 PM permalink

Ummm it's a very different situation you know. Can you name one other politician who has ever had all their emails released to the media like this?
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 11th, 2011 at 9:19:10 PM permalink

Actually, didn't the media ignore Weiner until Andrew Breitbart made it impossible for them to do so?

In the first 12 days after that senator got caught tapping his foot in the airport restroom stall, NBC nightly news ran 56 stories on it. In the 12 days since the Weiner story broke, NBC has run exactly 2 stories on it. TWO! Compared to 56 for a Republican. Can you say biased?
rxwine
rxwine
June 11th, 2011 at 9:22:47 PM permalink

Ummm it's a very different situation you know. Can you name one other politician who has ever had all their emails released to the media like this?

You make it sound like it's a bad thing. As long as there's no serious hand grenades in there, if Palin does run she can say, well they've released all my official correspondence, what about my opponents (be they Republican or Obama).

Of course, I think it's a bad thing if Palin gets elected myself, but perhaps that's besides the point (or this point)
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
June 11th, 2011 at 9:24:13 PM permalink

In the first 12 days after that senator got caught tapping his foot in the airport restroom stall, NBC nightly news ran 56 stories on it. In the 12 days since the Weiner story broke, NBC has run exactly 2 stories on it. TWO! Compared to 56 for a Republican. Can you say biased?

Them saying it shows it better:

http://www.breitbart.tv/flashback-cnns-toobin-attacks-breitbart-for-reporting-weiner-was-alleged-to-send-messages-to-teens-on-twitter/
http://www.breitbart.tv/breitbarts-picture-flashback-msnbc-host-claims-somebodys-gotta-defend-weiner-breitbart-a-proven-liar/
http://www.breitbart.tv/liberal-pundit-worst-part-of-weinergate-story-is-breitbart-was-right/
JimMorrison
JimMorrison
June 11th, 2011 at 9:31:32 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

You make it sound like it's a bad thing.

If this was done for every politician say two years out of office then I wouldn't have a problem with it. President's correspondence and papers are released many years after they leave office. But I've never seen it before for a governor who didn't even serve a full term. It's the hatred liberals have for her that made them go after this and create a feeding frenzy in the media. I can't stand Sarah Palin but this email thing is bullshit.
rxwine
rxwine
June 11th, 2011 at 9:38:38 PM permalink

It's the hatred liberals have for her that made them go after this and create a feeding frenzy in the media. I can't stand Sarah Palin but this email thing is bullshit.

When the right or the left promises to take the high road in politics and really does it.

I'll probably faint.
zippyboy
zippyboy
June 11th, 2011 at 11:32:26 PM permalink

Two??? C'mon! Where'd you pull THAT number from? The Weiner Story has been the first or second story on every newscast on every network for over a week. Today Show, Local News, NBC Evening News, Late Night with Leno, Dateline and all the other news magazines. He's the Charlie Sheen of June 2011.
  • Jump to: