Thread Rating:

AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
June 12th, 2011 at 7:08:38 PM permalink
Quote: s2dbaker

The tax breaks that big oil get don't do anything to lower prices at the pump. You know what raises prices at the pumps? Oil company profits. The more in profits the oil companies make, the more you are overpaying for oil and gas. If the oil companies don't want to pay taxes on that income then they shouldn't make any profits. They should all go Gault and see how fast that vacuum gets filled by the next greedy bastard.

So you think oil companies should not make a profit? I hope they do and my 401(k) goes up. And then as they are high more people will get into oil drilling, increasing supply. Nobody in history ever bought a gallon of gasoline they didn't want. If you want to see a land without "profits" visit North Korea and let us know how you like it.

I'd encourage ExxonMobit to "Go Galt" for sometime. Too many Americans think they are entitled to buy products and services at cost when it is "a necessity." See if you can go a week without buying something moved on a truck or that requires oil in some way.

BTW: Why is someone who wants a profit a "greedy bastard?"
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
timberjim
timberjim
  • Threads: 33
June 12th, 2011 at 7:10:25 PM permalink

These subsidies and direct payments. The tax breaks that big oil get don't do anything to lower prices at the pump. You know what raises prices at the pumps? Oil company profits. The more in profits the oil companies make, the more you are overpaying for oil and gas. If the oil companies don't want to pay taxes on that income then they shouldn't make any profits. They should all go Gault and see how fast that vacuum gets filled by the next greedy bastard.

I'm curious. What level of profit margin is acceptable to you? Perhaps you could compare them to other companies and industries and show us all how outrageous these oil companies are being? I'm just asking you to back up your claims that the "evil" oil companies are making obscene profits.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
June 12th, 2011 at 7:10:40 PM permalink

As far as choosing sides goes, when did you decide that you weren't going the way of the Gay?

Some friendly advice: don't argue with bigots. It's a waste of time.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
June 12th, 2011 at 7:12:12 PM permalink
Quote: TheNightfly

I don't believe anyone has yet discovered the "intolerant, pigheaded bigot" gene either but there are plenty of people who live that lifestyle as well.

FYI homosexuals can be among the most intolerant people out there. I have been told they "can't wait until people like me die" when I say I am against gay marrige, repeal of DADT, and believe their lifestyle is a choice.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
June 12th, 2011 at 7:15:07 PM permalink

So you chose to live a life of heterosexuality and it's working out for you, congratulations!! But you seem to be under some oddball belief that nature intended for it to be that way for us all. Nature didn't get the memo. For me, to be heterosexual would be to make some poor woman's life miserable. I'm happy that I "chose" to live as nature intended me to be.

Nature did indeed intend us all to be heterosexual. Biology and anatamoy is all the proof you need.

Plenty of heterosexual males would make a woman's life miserable (I may be one.)
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
June 12th, 2011 at 7:15:10 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

I think it's more accurate to say that biological normalcy is a variation -- probably across a bell curve. There are people with very rare conditions -- like that wolfman body hair syndrome on the edges, and greater degrees in the center or commonality.

I know this quote wasn't to me, but...

Let's even say "gayness" isn't biological and is a personal choice that every person, who is born straight, makes for themselves. Who cares? People go against the grain all the time, people make choices that others don't like, etc and so on. What is the issue?
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
June 12th, 2011 at 7:19:36 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

So you think oil companies should not make a profit? I hope they do and my 401(k) goes up. And then as they are high more people will get into oil drilling, increasing supply. Nobody in history ever bought a gallon of gasoline they didn't want. If you want to see a land without "profits" visit North Korea and let us know how you like it.

I'd encourage ExxonMobit to "Go Galt" for sometime. Too many Americans think they are entitled to buy products and services at cost when it is "a necessity." See if you can go a week without buying something moved on a truck or that requires oil in some way.

BTW: Why is someone who wants a profit a "greedy bastard?"

I want oil companies to make profits but I also want them to pay taxes on those profits.
Who the heck ever bought a gallon of gas because they "want" it? It stinks and if you spill it, eats holes in the carpets. I buy gasoline because I need it.
BTW: I am a greedy bastard too. I see nothing wrong with it. My fondest wish is to be that guy that makes a million dollars per year and I would send the tax check to the tax man in a red, white and blue tax envelope.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
June 12th, 2011 at 7:21:22 PM permalink

Nature did indeed intend us all to be heterosexual. Biology and anatamoy is all the proof you need.

Plenty of heterosexual males would make a woman's life miserable (I may be one.)

Actually, I apparently need more proof. My biology and anatomy are that of a Gay man.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
Face
Administrator
Face
June 12th, 2011 at 7:25:29 PM permalink

FYI homosexuals can be among the most intolerant people out there. I have been told they "can't wait until people like me die" when I say I am against gay marrige, repeal of DADT, and believe their lifestyle is a choice.

I think that arguement can be made for any group, though. Homos can be...religious can be...liberals can be...athiests can be...Flyers fans can be...the most ____ people there are. I'm not too concerned about YOUR beliefs, AZ, as everyone is entitled to them and I've no right to judge. But the government issue, still, I don't get it.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
June 12th, 2011 at 7:26:10 PM permalink

I want oil companies to make profits but I also want them to pay taxes on those profits.
Who the heck ever bought a gallon of gas because they "want" it? It stinks and if you spill it, eats holes in the carpets. I buy gasoline because I need it.
BTW: I am a greedy bastard too. I see nothing wrong with it. My fondest wish is to be that guy that makes a million dollars per year and I would send the tax check to the tax man in a red, white and blue tax envelope.

The oil companies pay plenty in taxes. Billions. I think it was in 2008 that XOM was the nations biggest taxpayer.

Uh, everyone who buys a gallon of gas "wants" it. The alternative is to walk or use a bicycle.

If I make my million I will send the taxes in after doing all I can to minimize the amount I have to pay. Same as Obama took the tax cut he "didn't need or want." I am still waiting for all those liberals to ask a tax accountant to figure what they would have owed and make a "gift to the Treasury."
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
June 12th, 2011 at 7:28:27 PM permalink

Actually, I apparently need more proof. My biology and anatomy are that of a Gay man.

What "bioligy" is this? Did you find the "gay gene?"

The "proof" is simple, explain how two gay persons have natural (not devient) intercourse and explain how they can reproduce.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
June 12th, 2011 at 7:29:32 PM permalink
Quote: Face

But the government issue, still, I don't get it.

What part do you not get?
Face
Administrator
Face
June 12th, 2011 at 7:30:42 PM permalink

What part do you not get?

Why someone being gay, whether by biology or by choice, is something government needs to be involved in.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
June 12th, 2011 at 7:33:38 PM permalink

Why someone being gay, whether by biology or by choice, is something government needs to be involved in.

Might have gotten threads crossed, I am not totally in favor of anti-sodomy laws as they are fairly unenforceable. But I am against gay marrige as marrige has for thousands of years been between a man and a woman, to say otherwise and change such a simple thing is crazy. And I am in favor of prohibiting homosexuals to serve in the military as it is both a health risk and degrades unit cohesion and morale. But that is about it.
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
June 12th, 2011 at 7:36:24 PM permalink

What "bioligy" is this? Did you find the "gay gene?"

The "proof" is simple, explain how two gay persons have natural (not devient) intercourse and explain how they can reproduce.

Apparently I did find the "gay gene" because I got the Ghey. If two gay persons had sex with each other then that would be natural. It would be sick and deviant intercourse if a gay man had sex with a girl. As far as reproducing goes, nature obviously did not intend for gay people to reproduce so that would be natural.
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
June 12th, 2011 at 7:38:46 PM permalink

Might have gotten threads crossed, I am not totally in favor of anti-sodomy laws as they are fairly unenforceable. But I am against gay marrige as marrige has for thousands of years been between a man and a woman, to say otherwise and change such a simple thing is crazy. And I am in favor of prohibiting homosexuals to serve in the military as it is both a health risk and degrades unit cohesion and morale. But that is about it.

Why does the government need to be involved in it then?
Face
Administrator
Face
June 12th, 2011 at 7:44:41 PM permalink
Threads crossed? My fault for not being specific. DADT I still haven't taken a stance on. I believe in equality, but also could see issues arising. I think it sucks that those issues are an issue, but accept that they are there. I dunno, like I said, I haven't come to a personal conclusion on that.

But yeah, mostly I was talking about marriage. Sure, it's always been one man - one woman. But things change and have changed in the past. These people (the gays) want equality, and would like the pleasures of marriage (lol, fools. If they only knew ;)) that we straight folk do. Why is that an issue? Like I said, their union dilutes my man-woman union not one bit. Those who marry for money, for green card, have abusive relationships, have shotgun weddings, get drunk in Vegas and have an ooopsie marriage, none of these, and nothing anyone can do, could affect my marriage. I guess I just don't see the big deal on this.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
June 12th, 2011 at 7:45:11 PM permalink

Apparently I did find the "gay gene" because I got the Ghey. If two gay persons had sex with each other then that would be natural. It would be sick and deviant intercourse if a gay man had sex with a girl. As far as reproducing goes, nature obviously did not intend for gay people to reproduce so that would be natural.

I'll take this to mean you have given up explaining how homosexuality is not a choice. Although I will admit you never resorted to calling me names; wishing I would die; or using excessive foul languge.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
June 12th, 2011 at 7:52:49 PM permalink

Sure, it's always been one man - one woman.

Occasionally it's one man and several women. But rarely the opposite. If you get to make the rules you can change things up.

Polygamy is really popular with the one guy who is getting to do it. It often, (sooner or later) seems to fall out of favor though with everyone else.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
June 12th, 2011 at 7:53:00 PM permalink

Threads crossed? My fault for not being specific. DADT I still haven't taken a stance on. I believe in equality, but also could see issues arising. I think it sucks that those issues are an issue, but accept that they are there. I dunno, like I said, I haven't come to a personal conclusion on that.

But yeah, mostly I was talking about marriage. Sure, it's always been one man - one woman. But things change and have changed in the past. These people (the gays) want equality, and would like the pleasures of marriage (lol, fools. If they only knew ;)) that we straight folk do. Why is that an issue? Like I said, their union dilutes my man-woman union not one bit. Those who marry for money, for green card, have abusive relationships, have shotgun weddings, get drunk in Vegas and have an ooopsie marriage, none of these, and nothing anyone can do, could affect my marriage. I guess I just don't see the big deal on this.

The "big deal" is that it is part of a societal breakdown. To change marrige is to try to change nature and you cannot change nature. Historically if you show me a society where homosexuality is condoned I will show you a society in decline. Look at it anthropologically. In virtually all societies it is shunned. It is shunned because people know this. Today we have this "nothing is wrong--if it feels good do it" society. We are paying dearly for it in the form of broken families, messd up young adults, and destroyed communities.

On DADT I predict we will see recruitment and retention problems in the military over the next few years. Then eventually perhaps a platoon killed because someone dating someone else didn't do what they were supposed to do. The military didn't ban homosexuals because of "hate" they banned them because of the problems it causes.
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
June 12th, 2011 at 7:53:05 PM permalink

I'll take this to mean you have given up explaining how homosexuality is not a choice. Although I will admit you never resorted to calling me names; wishing I would die; or using excessive foul languge.

I will explain how homosexuality is not a choice when you explain how heterosexuality is a choice.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
June 12th, 2011 at 7:57:08 PM permalink

I will explain how homosexuality is not a choice when you explain how heterosexuality is a choice.

I already stated but will again in one sentence. "Heterosexuality is natural and any deviation from it is a choice."

Unless you are in prison and being forced into homosexual acts you choose who you go home with.
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
June 12th, 2011 at 8:00:57 PM permalink

I already stated but will again in one sentence. "Heterosexuality is natural and any deviation from it is a choice."

Unless you are in prison and being forced into homosexual acts you choose who you go home with.

And now you understand why being gay isn't really a choice. Being gay is natural and any deviation from the way nature made you is a choice. Unless you're at Brynmawr and being forced into heterosexual acts, you choose who you go home with.
zippyboy
zippyboy
  • Threads: 2
June 12th, 2011 at 8:11:07 PM permalink

Let's even say "gayness" isn't biological and is a personal choice that every person, who is born straight, makes for themselves. Who cares? People go against the grain all the time, people make choices that others don't like, etc and so on. What is the issue?

People don't choose to be gay any more than I chose to be straight. I just am. Always was. To choose to be gay when I'm straight would be, well, yuck! Why would I ever DO that? When you're a young impressionable teen looking around at all the beautiful girls in your class and wondering what she's got under that shirt, you would never choose to think those thoughts about a guy instead. Yuck.

Does anybody else think it's funny that "gayness" rhymes with anus?
"Poker sure is an easy game to beat if you have the roll to keep rebuying."
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
June 14th, 2011 at 3:40:04 PM permalink
Well, nobody found anything on Sarah Palin except that she was a hard working governor of AK and had a sense of humor about almost everything. I don't know what they were expecting, but boy are they disappointed.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
June 14th, 2011 at 3:53:56 PM permalink

The "big deal" is that it is part of a societal breakdown. To change marrige is to try to change nature and you cannot change nature. Historically if you show me a society where homosexuality is condoned I will show you a society in decline. Look at it anthropologically. In virtually all societies it is shunned. It is shunned because people know this. Today we have this "nothing is wrong--if it feels good do it" society. We are paying dearly for it in the form of broken families, messd up young adults, and destroyed communities.

If society can't survive John and Dave marrying and living together, than society is truly screwed up already. There's many things that may cause the break down of society, but Dave fancying John and wanting to spend quality time with him probably isn't it. I can't see how it's "unnatural" any more than driving a car, having a heart transplant, deciding to gamble $50 on the turn of a card or enjoying the taste of Pringles (which are also unnatural, and haven't been in around for 1000's of years either, but people still eat them and desire them).

Quote:

On DADT I predict we will see recruitment and retention problems in the military over the next few years. Then eventually perhaps a platoon killed because someone dating someone else didn't do what they were supposed to do. The military didn't ban homosexuals because of "hate" they banned them because of the problems it causes.

The problems it is -perceived- to cause. Military personnel are quite capable screwing up and disobeying orders already for a whole variety of reasons, including platonic respect for each other, sheer bloody mindedness and general human failings. If John is dating Janet and doesn't do what he was supposed to do, is that any different than if he's dating George? Or are gay man more likely to screw up?
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
June 14th, 2011 at 4:37:34 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

The problems it is -perceived- to cause. Military personnel are quite capable screwing up and disobeying orders already for a whole variety of reasons, including platonic respect for each other, sheer bloody mindedness and general human failings. If John is dating Janet and doesn't do what he was supposed to do, is that any different than if he's dating George? Or are gay man more likely to screw up?

Two men dating in a combat unit most certainly is a problem. If John ignores the rest of the unit to save his boyfriend George and someone dies that is a problem. In any case, even noncombat, gays in a unit undermine unit cohesion and lower morale. I know I don't want to be showering with a gay man sizing me up just as a straight man would a woman.

But I can sense your answer is something like, "get over it" since you seem to think society needs to change to accomadate your choice.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
June 14th, 2011 at 4:39:49 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Well, nobody found anything on Sarah Palin except that she was a hard working governor of AK and had a sense of humor about almost everything. I don't know what they were expecting, but boy are they disappointed.

They have the Weiner scandal to bury and the Obama-Recession is getting worse again so they must have been hoping she beat puppies or something. No wonder hardly anybody watches or reads lamestream media anymore.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
June 14th, 2011 at 4:47:01 PM permalink
The really hilarious thing is, they couldn't even find one comment to take out of context and use. I thought she was an idiot, there should have been thousands.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
thecesspit
thecesspit
June 14th, 2011 at 4:47:43 PM permalink

Two men dating in a combat unit most certainly is a problem. If John ignores the rest of the unit to save his boyfriend George and someone dies that is a problem. In any case, even noncombat, gays in a unit undermine unit cohesion and lower morale. I know I don't want to be showering with a gay man sizing me up just as a straight man would a woman.

That happens when John goes to save his good buddy George rather than do what he's told. I'd assume (but don't know) that most people don't fish where they work anyways, so avoid getting involved with someone in their unit.

Quote:

But I can sense your answer is something like, "get over it" since you seem to think society needs to change to accomadate your choice.

What choice is that exactly?

Society is constantly changing anyways, to accommodate (or otherwise) all sorts of things.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
thecesspit
thecesspit
June 14th, 2011 at 4:49:14 PM permalink

They have the Weiner scandal to bury and the Obama-Recession is getting worse again so they must have been hoping she beat puppies or something. No wonder hardly anybody watches or reads lamestream media anymore.

The emails were requested LOOONNNNGGGG before the Weiner scandal. Absolutely it was a fishing expedition... anyone can tell that. Sounds like she might be better at the written word than expressing herself clearly on the fly. Many people are.
  • Jump to: