rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
March 18th, 2011 at 10:24:06 PM permalink
Quote:

The Clark County Coroner's office has confirmed that the Wynn Las Vegas executive found dead in the Turnberry Towers died after falling and hitting her head after drinking excessive amounts of alcohol and rubbing alcohol.

Well, I guess drinking rubbing alcohol sounds pretty normal, eh? I thought it was mostly derelicts that resort to doing that? What's executive pay these days, minimum wage?

here
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
Wavy70
Wavy70
  • Threads: 15
March 18th, 2011 at 10:34:44 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Well, I guess drinking rubbing alcohol sounds pretty normal, eh? I thought it was mostly derelicts that resort to doing that? What's executive pay these days, minimum wage?

here

Well when you run out of the rest of alcohol.

Odd Stevie W seems to be a nurturing type.
I have a bewitched egg that I use to play VP with and I have net over 900k with it.
RobSinger
RobSinger
  • Threads: 5
March 18th, 2011 at 11:25:16 PM permalink
It could be she tried to get a free drink at one of Wynn's bars while playing the $10 machine and got pissed when she was served a Bud Light along with a bill for $8.75. Who WOULDN'T guzzle an 89cent bottle of rubbing alcohol after that?
pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
March 19th, 2011 at 1:28:28 AM permalink
Isopropyl isn't the same type of alcohol that is in alcoholic beverages---ethanol--- although sometimes ethanol is an ingredient in rubbing alcohol. Isopropyl is very intoxicating.

Isopropyl is called a toxic alcohol. Isopropyl is twice as toxic as the alcohol in alcoholic beverages. It also has a greater effect on the central nervous system. Isopropyl irritates the GI tract. The lethal dose of isopropyl in humans is estimated as 8.5 oz.

Isopropyl alcohol is usually responsible for only about 15 deaths per year in the US. It seems impossible that an educated executive could drink rubbing alcohol unless she intended to commit a painful suicide.
Wavy70
Wavy70
  • Threads: 15
March 19th, 2011 at 1:40:30 AM permalink
Quote: pacomartin

Isopropyl isn't the same type of alcohol that is in alcoholic beverages---ethanol--- although sometimes ethanol is an ingredient in rubbing alcohol. Isopropyl is very intoxicating.

Isopropyl is called a toxic alcohol. Isopropyl is twice as toxic as the alcohol in alcoholic beverages. It also has a greater effect on the central nervous system. Isopropyl irritates the GI tract. The lethal dose of isopropyl in humans is estimated as 8.5 oz.

Isopropyl alcohol is usually responsible for only about 15 deaths per year in the US. It seems impossible that an educated executive could drink rubbing alcohol unless she intended to commit a painful suicide.

Kitty Dukakis (SP?) admitted to drinking RA when she had nothing else. Never underestimate what a alcoholic/junkie will do.
She would have done better w drinking Sterno. Use a lil bread to soak up the naphtha. That's my "Life Under The Overpass With Martha Stewart Tip" for today.
I have a bewitched egg that I use to play VP with and I have net over 900k with it.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
March 19th, 2011 at 3:16:17 AM permalink
Quote: pacomartin

Isopropyl is very intoxicating.

Actually I have heard that Isopropyl has the odd distinction of being more toxic, but less intoxicating. Can't find a source for that now.

I agree this lady was probably enjoined to quit drinking and stooped to this. She clearly was not of the caliber of Charlie Sheen, who brushed off his substance abuse in one nanosecond of mind power.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
March 20th, 2011 at 5:11:54 PM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

Actually I have heard that Isopropyl has the odd distinction of being more toxic, but less intoxicating. Can't find a source for that now.

I agree this lady was probably enjoined to quit drinking and stooped to this. She clearly was not of the caliber of Charlie Sheen, who brushed off his substance abuse in one nanosecond of mind power.

Methanol is less intoxicating than ethanol. Sometimes patients may have toxic levels with no evidence of intoxication! But Isopropyl is about 50% more intoxicating.

While most RA brands contain isopropyl, some rubbing alcohols are different. Some contain methanol to denature the ethanol which could be the source your info.
  • Jump to: