Pando
Pando
  • Threads: 41
February 1st, 2011 at 3:34:53 AM permalink
Having spent many hundreds of hours observing a spinning roulette ball, and trying to figure some edge to make a few bucks, I have now been considering one factor that I have not seen mentioned before.

In air ball roulette, the ball exits the shute obviously from the same place every time. Yes, the power of the propulsion varies (I have seen this and I reckon there are 3 strengths of delivery), but the wheel seems to me to be a constant velocity. (I could be wrong about that however).

It seems to me that by recording the position of the wheel (say by recording the number opposite the shute when the wheel is stationary) that it may be possible to get some help to predict where the ball will end up, only by considering where the wheel started from rather than what number had been spun previously.

In other words if the wheel has #7 opposite the shute, and the next spin behaves in a certain way, could we expect an increased chance that when 7 was opposite the shute again, a similar result may occur. Clearly the ball hitting the diamond will divert it on some occasions, but maybe there is some merit in looking at this.

Has anyone thought about this - I have not seen any threads about it.
Pando
Pando
February 1st, 2011 at 9:55:46 PM permalink
I will make some observations about this when I go to Singapore next month
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
February 2nd, 2011 at 3:28:39 AM permalink
Quote: Pando

but the wheel seems to me to be a constant velocity. (I could be wrong about that however).

Yup, you're wrong. You can't see it, but the wheel speeds up and slows down unpredictably. Its a built in feature to defeat VB players.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Pando
Pando
February 2nd, 2011 at 4:01:57 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Yup, you're wrong. You can't see it, but the wheel speeds up and slows down unpredictably. Its a built in feature to defeat VB players.

Thanks EvenBob - I could not actually see a difference but I thought it was too good to be true
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
February 2nd, 2011 at 4:15:26 AM permalink
Quote: Pando

Thanks EvenBob - I could not actually see a difference but I thought it was too good to be true

The VB players descended on these airball's like herds of locusts, only to discover the folks who manufacture them saw them coming way back in the planning stages. VB and bias players are dinosaurs who are still living in the 90's in their minds. Very sad..
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
  • Jump to: