vegas
vegas
  • Threads: 30
May 23rd, 2022 at 3:07:29 PM permalink
Just wondering if you are still travelling the country with the price of gas or have you settled down in one area for awhile? I wonder what many of those full time RVers doing as well. It is a lifestyle that interests me but times have changed so much for the worse.
50-50-90 Rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% probability you'll get it wrong
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
May 23rd, 2022 at 3:37:00 PM permalink
One of my friends lives year-round in his 5th wheel. He usually stays in Bisbee for the winter and goes up to the Cascades in Washington from May to November. He is staying in Arizona this summer because of the costs. He has some sort of diesel dualie that gets about three gallons per mile.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
vegas
vegas
May 23rd, 2022 at 3:41:51 PM permalink
Who knew diesel fuel was going to be way more expensive then gas. Bill you mentioned awhile ago that you might move in the near future (I think). Not sure if it was back to Vegas or somewhere else. Are still in Bisbee? I went through Bisbee this winter and was surprised it was so hilly but would be a good place in the winter for the weather.
50-50-90 Rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% probability you'll get it wrong
billryan
billryan
May 23rd, 2022 at 4:02:36 PM permalink
I'm still here. It's great in the winter and better than most of Arizona in the summer. We are about thirty degrees cooler than Phoenix and twenty cooler than Tucson. Much cheaper to boot.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 209
May 23rd, 2022 at 4:23:18 PM permalink
I don’t know if he’s reduced his mileage, but he’s still posting new travel logs.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
May 25th, 2022 at 5:23:34 AM permalink
Just saw this post
I rarely come here.
Still traveling. Did a lot of the Mississippi Blues trail including Robert Johnsons grave site. Saw the Cards at Busch Stadium.
Whole stadium stands when Pujol bats. Louisville bat tour. Visited American Pickers Antique Archeology. Did Nashville Broadway and Memphis Beale st.
I mostly post on FB for my friends and a FB rv group. Send me a private message if interested in my FB page. It's just adventures,
no memes or politics. I post some of my adventures over at DT. I stopped posting my adventures here when I was threatened with suspension over my anti bac system needling

Thinking of checking out the old Joilet prison today
Ahigh
Ahigh
  • Threads: 90
May 25th, 2022 at 4:39:50 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

WOV supports censorship. Bring back free speech challenging lies.

"By 'free speech', I simply mean that which matches the law.
I am against censorship that goes far beyond the law.
If people want less free speech, they will ask government to pass laws to that effect.
Therefore, going beyond the law is contrary to the will of the people."

-- Elon Musk

"The law enforcement community's concern rests with the criminal sexual sadist, who can be a noteworthy adversary. The sexual sadist is cunning and accomplished at deception. He rationalizes his actions, feels no remorse or guilt, and is not moved by compassion. He considers himself superior to society in general and law enforcement in particular. And, while he envies the power and authority associated with the police, he does not respect it."

-- 134598NCJRS.pdf - law enforcement bulletin for the FBI informing of sex predators who manipulate for torture
aahigh.com
speedycrap
speedycrap
  • Threads: 46
May 26th, 2022 at 12:22:16 AM permalink
Ahigh, I understand the first part but no clue about the rest.
vegas
vegas
May 26th, 2022 at 4:16:17 AM permalink
I think Ahigh posted in the wrong thread. I didn't understand it either.
Ahigh
Ahigh
May 26th, 2022 at 7:32:41 AM permalink
Quote: speedycrap

Ahigh, I understand the first part but no clue about the rest.
link to original post

So you understand all the words and you looked up the ones you didn't understand and you still need help, it seems.

aahigh.com
Ahigh
Ahigh
May 26th, 2022 at 7:36:01 AM permalink
Quote: vegas

I think Ahigh posted in the wrong thread. I didn't understand it either.
link to original post

Do you understand the argument of incredulity?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_incredulity
aahigh.com
Ahigh
Ahigh
May 26th, 2022 at 7:38:42 AM permalink
Let me try to keep it broad. I think admin is falling victim to faulty process.

https://www.google.com/search?q=be+careful+fight+monsters+abhor
aahigh.com
Ahigh
Ahigh
May 26th, 2022 at 7:51:51 AM permalink
GIVEN:

* AMERICAN FREE SPEECH (AFS) IS SPEECH PROTECTED BY THE FIRST AMENDMENT
* AMERICAN FREE SPEECH DOES NOT INCLUDE SPEECH THAT VIOLATES THE LAW

CLAIM:

* AMERICANS ARE PROTECTED BY FREE SPEECH TO SAY ANY WORDS ANYWHERE ANYTIME

This is a false claim, and here is the proof:

Let's assume it's true you can say anything you want because of free speech and you show a gun on camera and joke to somebody that you are going to kill them, and your internet goes out before you can tell them that you're joking, but it's just a joke anyway so who CARES if they are TERRIFIED. YOU HAVE FREE SPEECH AND YOU ARE AMERICAN. YOU ARE BLACK AND GAY TOO, SO YOU HAVE THE N-WORD PASS AND THE F-WORD PEJORATIVE PASS, NOBODY CAN STOP YOU!

You go to court, and you tell the court that it was just a joke, and the court shows evidence of the victim being terrified and constantly in fear that you might show up and shoot him.

You claim ignorance even though your friends were sending you videos of him being terrified, you just laughed at the idea that he could do anything to you. After all, you covered the orange tip on your gun up just to make the joke funnier, and everybody knows you don't have a REAL GUN even. You JUST TURNED 18, so no court would even convict you anyway, because you are JUST A CHILD still.

But instead, at 18 years old, you have lulled yourself into a false sense of security that you have MORE RIGHTS because you PLAYED THE VICTIM CARD YOUR WHOLE LIFE.

And this time around, after your FRIENDS COOPERATE WITH AUTHORITIES and show the feds ALL THE PRACTICE YOU HAD showing your FAKE GUN and JOKING about SHOWING UP TO SOMEONE'S HOUSE you get a FEDERAL CONVICTION and a FOUR YEAR SENTENCE. One EXTRA year for SHOWING A GUN ON CAMERA.

The victim lived in another state from you, and you STILL got convicted.

Conclusion:

Proof by reduction to absurdity: Nobody gives a fuck about what you think, perp. Go to jail. Justice is blind, jury convicted your SICK AND TWISTED MANIPULATIVE SELF.

If you do not KNOW the LAW, you do not KNOW a GODDAMN THING about what you can SAY within the LAW.

That includes EVERYTHING that you THINK you KNOW that you can SAY rationalizing your IGNORANCE thinking that a COURT and a JURY give a FUCK.

NEXT!
aahigh.com
billryan
billryan
May 26th, 2022 at 8:04:00 AM permalink
Quote: Ahigh

GIVEN:

CLAIM:

Let's assume it's true you can say anything you want because of free speech and you show a gun on camera and joke to somebody that you are going to kill them, and your internet goes out before you can tell them that you're joking, but it's just a joke anyway so who CARES if they are TERRIFIED. YOU HAVE FREE SPEECH AND YOU ARE AMERICAN. YOU ARE BLACK AND GAY TOO, SO YOU HAVE THE N-WORD PASS AND THE F-WORD PEJORATIVE PASS, NOBODY CAN STOP YOU!

You go to court, and you tell the court that it was just a joke, and the court shows evidence of the victim being terrified and constantly in fear that you might show up and shoot him.

You claim ignorance even though your friends were sending you videos of him being terrified, you just laughed at the idea that he could do anything to you. After all, you covered the orange tip on your gun up just to make the joke funnier, and everybody knows you don't have a REAL GUN even. You JUST TURNED 18, so no court would even convict you anyway, because you are JUST A CHILD still.

But instead, at 18 years old, you have lulled yourself into a false sense of security that you have MORE RIGHTS because you PLAYED THE VICTIM CARD YOUR WHOLE LIFE.

And this time around, after your FRIENDS COOPERATE WITH AUTHORITIES and show the feds ALL THE PRACTICE YOU HAD showing your FAKE GUN and JOKING about SHOWING UP TO SOMEONE'S HOUSE you get a FEDERAL CONVICTION and a FOUR YEAR SENTENCE. One EXTRA year for SHOWING A GUN ON CAMERA.

Conclusion:

Proof by reduction to absurdity: Nobody gives a fuck about what you think, perp. Go to jail. Justice is blind, jury convicted your SICK AND TWISTED MANIPULATIVE SELF.

If you do not KNOW the LAW, you do not KNOW a GODDAMN THING about what you can SAY within the LAW.

That includes EVERYTHING that you THINK you KNOW that you can SAY rationalizing your IGNORANCE thinking that a COURT and a JURY give a FUCK.

NEXT!
link to original post

Such a fine example of frontier gibberish should be preserved, lest someone tamper with it later.
speedycrap
speedycrap
May 26th, 2022 at 10:57:25 AM permalink
Ai Terapined, please get back to your adventure even though some of them are not my cup of tea. But I like your spirit !!!!
vegas
vegas
May 26th, 2022 at 1:28:28 PM permalink
I had to go back to my first post to see what I asked.
Ahigh
Ahigh
May 26th, 2022 at 2:53:17 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Such a fine example of frontier gibberish should be preserved, lest someone tamper with it later.
link to original post

Hey, man sorry to see ya go.
aahigh.com
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
May 26th, 2022 at 3:17:05 PM permalink
Anyone looking for a screaming deal?

I have a lead on a 36' Windsport RV, mechanically sound, for eighteen grand.
"What, me worry?"
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
May 26th, 2022 at 3:29:59 PM permalink
Interesting, but Mama said don’t go buying anything from a lawyer.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
Thanked by
mcallister3200
May 26th, 2022 at 4:36:50 PM permalink
Not mine...for "a friend."

But yeah, mama was right.
"What, me worry?"
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
May 26th, 2022 at 5:26:07 PM permalink

GIVEN:

CLAIM:

Conclusion:

NEXT!
link to original post

Suspended for 7 days for twice using the F-Bomb. Length of suspension may be changed after review by other moderators.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
speedycrap
speedycrap
May 26th, 2022 at 10:05:44 PM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

GIVEN:

CLAIM:

Conclusion:

NEXT!
link to original post

Suspended for 7 days for twice using the F-Bomb. Length of suspension may be changed after review by other moderators.
link to original post

7 days?? Would it be a little harsh?? we are all adults here. I understand uttering F word is not appreciated but 7 days??
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
May 26th, 2022 at 11:06:03 PM permalink
Quote: speedycrap

7 days?? Would it be a little harsh?? we are all adults here. I understand uttering F word is not appreciated but 7 days??
link to original post

7 days.
If the offending post were considered only for profanity, this may seem harsh.
There seem to be a number of other aspects of the post which run afoul of the rules.
May the cards fall in your favor.
  • Jump to: