Thread Rating:

ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 64
April 25th, 2022 at 2:41:22 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

Quote: billryan

I don't see why any employee would want to leave. Musk's track record with labor is pretty good and he has made many of his workers rich. I imagine his HR guys have boatloads of resumes from people eager to work with/for him.
link to original post

Really?? I mean, I know a lot of tech nerds love him, but I've been hearing for a while now how he treats a lot of his employees like ****.
link to original post

The sarcasm meter is pinned at broken.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 22
April 25th, 2022 at 3:51:15 PM permalink
Quote: ChumpChange

I don't see why any employee would want to leave. Musk's track record with labor is pretty good and he has made many of his workers rich. I imagine his HR guys have boatloads of resumes from people eager to work with/for him.
link to original post

Really?? I mean, I know a lot of tech nerds love him, but I've been hearing for a while now how he treats a lot of his employees like ****.
link to original post

The sarcasm meter is pinned at broken.
link to original post

He has a lot of fanboys, so you never know who is trying to defend him.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 215
April 25th, 2022 at 4:30:59 PM permalink
Don't go by who defends him. Go by who attacks him. Is he an easy guy to work for? That depends if you are driven or if you are just collecting a paycheck, checking off a few boxes, and looking to pad your resume.
If you excel at your job and give 100% 110% of the time, you'll love working for Tesla. If you start checking out at 4:30 every day, you'll hate it. People have been hating on him since Paypal.
All I know is my money guy early on told me to invest in him and I have. He is both an innovator and a disruptor, a combination that is pretty rare, especially in industry. I saw a poll where 27% of twitter workers say they hate him. Let's see how many walk.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 335
April 25th, 2022 at 4:33:04 PM permalink
Must be nice to have enough money to try to change the world on a whim.
"What, me worry?"
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 64
Thanks for this post from:
camapl
April 25th, 2022 at 4:45:49 PM permalink
Sowing The Seeds Of Tweets - Tears For Fears
Everybody Wants To Tweet The World - Tears For Fears
Gialmere
Gialmere
  • Threads: 42
April 25th, 2022 at 5:10:02 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

Must be nice to have enough money to try to change the world on a whim.
link to original post

You do have to admire his style. He got exactly what he wanted at exactly the price he was willing to pay and he didn't even break a sweat. He even threw in a pot joke for manures and giggles. Funny guy.
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
Gandler
Gandler
  • Threads: 33
April 25th, 2022 at 5:34:21 PM permalink
This will probably be good for Twitter (in terms of value). They are going to get a lot of views by controversy and endless media coverage (which leads to even more views and more clicks). At least in the short term, how it play out long term, who knows.... But, it will probably push it upwards for now. It will probably be good for Dogecoin as well. For users and employees, who knows (time will tell).... For investors, probably good.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 215
April 25th, 2022 at 5:42:18 PM permalink
Quote: Gandler

This will probably be good for Twitter (in terms of value). They are going to get a lot of views by controversy and endless media coverage (which leads to even more views and more clicks). At least in the short term, how it play out long term, who knows.... But, it will probably push it upwards for now. It will probably be good for Dogecoin as well. For users and employees, who knows (time will tell).... For investors, probably good.
link to original post

He is taking it private. The investors get paid and are out.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Gandler
Gandler
  • Threads: 33
April 25th, 2022 at 5:48:04 PM permalink

Quote: Gandler

link to original post

He is taking it private. The investors get paid and are out.
link to original post

That is what he said (has not happened yet), we will see. Either way good for the price (either he buys at a premium or does not and it continues to rise). He is good at doing things to drive up the price, I would not put past him public musings about making a company private (only to then sell). Pretty much nothing he can do that is bad for the trajectory.
TDVegas
TDVegas
  • Threads: 2
April 25th, 2022 at 6:36:07 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

There always going to be disgruntled workers when you employ that many. I did admire his recent interview where he admitted his hiring principles have adapted. He wants people with a good heart over the jerk wad who might know more, be better educated and have better business instincts. He thinks the latter, while they can benefit a company, ultimately are a cancer that needs to be expunged.

• Jump to: