AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 148
  • Posts: 18652
November 15th, 2020 at 6:35:40 AM permalink
Here we go again with half-ass shutdowns. I just don't get it, this just seems to cause a slow bleeding that's dragging this out much longer than it should. I guess we plan on doing this until there's a vaccine, a vaccine that whoever I talk to says they won't even get it.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
DeMango
DeMango
Joined: Feb 2, 2010
  • Threads: 27
  • Posts: 2601
November 15th, 2020 at 8:15:50 AM permalink
Desperation seems to have set in. After several craps sessions in Vegas with several casinos in June, I awaited juicy offers from the big boys. Wynn an epic fail, $85 a night plus resort fees. Repeated over several time frames. Venetian the first good offer, three nights, no mention of resort fees. Stations, RR and GVR, has matched. But this week the moment I waited for: Cosmopolitan three nights free, NO resort fees! Winner Winner chicken dinner!
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
TDVegas
TDVegas
Joined: Oct 30, 2018
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 631
November 15th, 2020 at 8:17:36 AM permalink
The powers in charge....they donít know how to mitigate, stop or slow the spread. We may be one country, but we are also 50 states. We are unlike any other country. There is a lot of ďstates rightsĒ and even ďcity rightsĒ going on as far as decision making. Not much, if any national uniformity.

Trump isnít stopping this. Biden isnít stopping this. Fauci or Superman.

We wait for a vaccine.

Look at Nevada. About 5 months ago we were getting around 150-200 cases per day. We got 2,200 yesterday. This is after a mask mandate and many still in effect limitations. Itís safe to say...it isnít working.

I donít have an answer. Frankly, I donít think anyone does without causing one or the other....a catastrophic economic collapse with closing or increasing numbers with opening.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 221
  • Posts: 12164
Thanks for this post from:
RogerKintMidwestAP
November 15th, 2020 at 8:33:01 AM permalink
Quote: TDVegas

The powers in charge....they donít know how to mitigate, stop or slow the spread. We may be one country, but we are also 50 states. We are unlike any other country. There is a lot of ďstates rightsĒ and even ďcity rightsĒ going on as far as decision making. Not much, if any national uniformity.

Trump isnít stopping this. Biden isnít stopping this. Fauci or Superman.

We wait for a vaccine.

Look at Nevada. About 5 months ago we were getting around 150-200 cases per day. We got 2,200 yesterday. This is after a mask mandate and many still in effect limitations. Itís safe to say...it isnít working.

I donít have an answer. Frankly, I donít think anyone does without causing one or the other....a catastrophic economic collapse with closing or increasing numbers with opening.



There is no answer. Nobody is stopping it. People cannot take it when nature refuses to comply with their demands.

Herd immunity will happen sooner or later. Until it does keep living your life.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 244
  • Posts: 7484
Thanks for this post from:
rawtuff
November 15th, 2020 at 9:05:17 AM permalink
Quote: TDVegas

The powers in charge....they donít know how to mitigate, stop or slow the spread. We may be one country, but we are also 50 states. We are unlike any other country. There is a lot of ďstates rightsĒ and even ďcity rightsĒ going on as far as decision making. Not much, if any national uniformity.

Trump isnít stopping this. Biden isnít stopping this. Fauci or Superman.

We wait for a vaccine.

Look at Nevada. About 5 months ago we were getting around 150-200 cases per day. We got 2,200 yesterday. This is after a mask mandate and many still in effect limitations. Itís safe to say...it isnít working.

I donít have an answer. Frankly, I donít think anyone does without causing one or the other....a catastrophic economic collapse with closing or increasing numbers with opening.



Virus contagion control is unfortunately a situation where the whole is only as good as the individual parts.

If you had a net to catch fish and there was a gaping hole in it would you declare nets don't work to catch fish?

We are failing because everyone isn't on board with promoting proper protocol.

Ironically these same people point to the pandemic failure to be contained as their reason for not doing their duty. A self-fullfilling argument
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 175
  • Posts: 9967
November 15th, 2020 at 9:50:37 AM permalink
Quote: TDVegas

The powers in charge....they donít know how to mitigate, stop or slow the spread. We may be one country, but we are also 50 states. We are unlike any other country. There is a lot of ďstates rightsĒ and even ďcity rightsĒ going on as far as decision making. Not much, if any national uniformity.

Trump isnít stopping this. Biden isnít stopping this. Fauci or Superman.

We wait for a vaccine.

Look at Nevada. About 5 months ago we were getting around 150-200 cases per day. We got 2,200 yesterday. This is after a mask mandate and many still in effect limitations. Itís safe to say...it isnít working.

I donít have an answer. Frankly, I donít think anyone does without causing one or the other....a catastrophic economic collapse with closing or increasing numbers with opening.



The UsofA has a federal governmental system, same as dozens of other countries. The Federal government has a lot of power if it chooses to use it. trump chose not to. could you imagine a President saying we are at war with Russia, but it's up to each state to figure out what works best for them? trump decided to let each state handle this on its own and quite obviously it isn't working, so a new approach is needed.
TDVegas
TDVegas
Joined: Oct 30, 2018
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 631
November 15th, 2020 at 10:37:51 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

The UsofA has a federal governmental system, same as dozens of other countries. The Federal government has a lot of power if it chooses to use it. trump chose not to. could you imagine a President saying we are at war with Russia, but it's up to each state to figure out what works best for them? trump decided to let each state handle this on its own and quite obviously it isn't working, so a new approach is needed.


Anytime he has suggested federal intervention when, oh, I donít know...a city like Portland is having 260 straight days of rioting protests and the police canít contain federal building destruction, heís told to stay the F out.

The Governors are running the same way in a lot of states in battling covid. Even if there was a national mandate of some kind....I can guarantee many states either would not acknowledge it or make up their own.

Say the words ďfedĒ in any big city...and thereís a good chance youíll be ignored. Or told to get out.

The federal government has shown it has very little control as of late. Each state has been on their own.
TDVegas
TDVegas
Joined: Oct 30, 2018
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 631
November 15th, 2020 at 10:39:18 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

There is no answer. Nobody is stopping it. People cannot take it when nature refuses to comply with their demands.

Herd immunity will happen sooner or later. Until it does keep living your life.


Iím getting to the point that Mother Nature will have to run its course. You can throw kryptonite at this virus....it bounces off.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 221
  • Posts: 12164
November 15th, 2020 at 10:41:21 AM permalink
Quote: TDVegas

Iím getting to the point that Mother Nature will have to run its course. You can throw kryptonite at this virus....it bounces off.



It comes down to people are so used to peace and plenty that they cannot handle something bad comes up. As a historical pandemic it really feels like a lightweight. We are not talking smallpox here. Nature is still in charge no matter what we think we can do.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
terapined
terapined
Joined: Dec 1, 2012
  • Threads: 83
  • Posts: 5587
Thanks for this post from:
rsactuary
November 15th, 2020 at 10:51:46 AM permalink
Quote: TDVegas

Iím getting to the point that Mother Nature will have to run its course. You can throw kryptonite at this virus....it bounces off.


There are countries on this planet that have eliminated the virus because it's not political.
In Taiwan, being so close to Wuhan and visited by millions of tourists from the mainland. The entire country went on red alert with their 1st case on Jan 21.
The people and the govt were United in eliminating the enemy of the country, Covid.
No politics. Just science, technology, masks, social distancing, tracking.
They eliminated it. No new cases in over 200 days. 7 deaths.
Everything is open. Concerts packed. Life normal.
Taiwans economy grew this year
I heard a Las Vegas parking structure is set up to take patients.
The huge problem facing our country is packed hospitals meaning more deaths due to lack of medical care for cases not covid
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"

  • Jump to: