kewlj
kewlj
Joined: Apr 17, 2012
  • Threads: 203
  • Posts: 3885
November 14th, 2020 at 11:30:41 AM permalink
I just became aware that Governor Sisolak tested positive yesterday. I hope he does well. Wonder if that will have any effect on these rumors of more casinos shutdowns here in Nevada. Personally I don't think casinos will shutdown again. Vegas just can't survive that. Casino industry is all we have. I could see bars and restaurants being shutdown again, but not casinos.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
Joined: May 10, 2010
  • Threads: 34
  • Posts: 3474
November 14th, 2020 at 2:17:00 PM permalink
Quote: sammydv

Seriously? I'm looking forward to your announcement you have covid-19. Just hope you don't die from it. It's ignorant selfish people like you that made this virus last as long as it had in the US and around the world. The simplest thing ever is to wear a mask and wash with regular soap and stay some distant from strangers and that's too much trouble and inconvenience for you?
And you sound like you wouldn't admit it if you got covid. And no, nothing you said was even close to a common sense position. Your position is one of abject ignorance.
It's not about you, it's about protecting other people even more. Good God.
You inconsiderate selfish fool.

It is a strong sign when so many personal insults fail to get at least a warning, if not a suspension. And to see three thank-you's for such a low-grade post only confirms the low-brow character of the post.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 221
  • Posts: 12155
Thanks for this post from:
RogerKintSanchoPanza
November 14th, 2020 at 2:30:43 PM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

It is a strong sign when so many personal insults fail to get at least a warning, if not a suspension. And to see three thank-you's for such a low-grade post only confirms the low-brow character of the post.



All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
DeMango
DeMango
Joined: Feb 2, 2010
  • Threads: 27
  • Posts: 2594
Thanks for this post from:
SanchoPanza
November 14th, 2020 at 3:12:44 PM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

It is a strong sign when so many personal insults fail to get at least a warning, if not a suspension. And to see three thank-you's for such a low-grade post only confirms the low-brow character of the post.


I got snark from a mod, I suggested three days in red. Crickets. What would Babs have done?
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
DeMango
DeMango
Joined: Feb 2, 2010
  • Threads: 27
  • Posts: 2594
Thanks for this post from:
SanchoPanza
November 14th, 2020 at 3:14:02 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.


Maybe George meant 2084. We’re certainly headed there.
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 221
  • Posts: 12155
Thanks for this post from:
SanchoPanza
November 14th, 2020 at 3:30:05 PM permalink
Quote: DeMango

Maybe George meant 2084. We’re certainly headed there.



How he and some of those others foresaw what was to become amazes me.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 243
  • Posts: 7475
November 14th, 2020 at 4:12:46 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

How he and some of those others foresaw what was to become amazes me.



I think if we were anywhere near living the world described in. 1984 you would not be arguing about wearing a mask.

You would be explaining your mask feelings to a jailer trying to convince you that four equals five while he knocked your teeth out
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
Joined: Jun 15, 2018
  • Threads: 38
  • Posts: 1597
November 14th, 2020 at 4:55:01 PM permalink
I expect the US will double its current total cases & deaths before January 31st, 2021. That'd be 20 million cases and half a million deaths. I could be wrong if tens of millions of people get evicted from their housing because the CDC doesn't care anymore before then.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 221
  • Posts: 12155
November 14th, 2020 at 4:59:56 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

I think if we were anywhere near living the world described in. 1984 you would not be arguing about wearing a mask.

You would be explaining your mask feelings to a jailer trying to convince you that four equals five while he knocked your teeth out



I find it more like "Animal Farm" than "1984." I like AF better as a book in general, so many lessons.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 74
  • Posts: 6841
November 14th, 2020 at 5:17:39 PM permalink
Quote: ChumpChange

I expect the US will double its current total cases & deaths before January 31st, 2021. That'd be 20 million cases and half a million deaths. I could be wrong if tens of millions of people get evicted from their housing because the CDC doesn't care anymore before then.



A half a million deaths out of 350 million people, who cares? There will be another half million people born by then.
Living longer does not always infer +EV

  • Jump to: