mkl654321
mkl654321
  • Threads: 65
  • Posts: 3412
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
November 21st, 2010 at 12:22:46 AM permalink
I don't know how long this will last, but the Tropicana is currently offering a terrific deal for new slot club signups. They are rebating slot/video poker losses up to $200. You get 50% back immediately, and 50% on "the third day of the succeeding calendar month". The rebates are paid in free slot play.

Now, you might not be able to collect the second 50% right away, but it's good for a year, so if you're coming back any time within that interval, the second 50% will be available. And of course, if your stay straddles the end of the month, you can just wait until the 3rd of the next month, and pick it up then.

The deal is for new slot club signups ONLY:

http://www.troplv.com/casino/even-the-odds
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw
JerryLogan
JerryLogan
  • Threads: 26
  • Posts: 1344
Joined: Jun 28, 2010
November 21st, 2010 at 3:24:49 AM permalink
You make no sense. First you say you win every trip because you're an advantage player, then you're posting about how to recoup losses.

At least you've come up in the world from that El Cortez wet dream you always have.
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
  • Posts: 5529
Joined: Nov 14, 2009
November 21st, 2010 at 5:22:35 AM permalink
Yep, thanks for that. And for anybody in the Midwest, Four Winds about 30 miles east of Chicago is offering a $400 loss rebate. That's real losses, not net losses, and they will do it for less than $400. Great promo, bring your friends. It's pure profit.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
mkl654321
mkl654321
  • Threads: 65
  • Posts: 3412
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
November 21st, 2010 at 5:30:20 PM permalink
Quote: JerryLogan

You make no sense. First you say you win every trip because you're an advantage player, then you're posting about how to recoup losses.

At least you've come up in the world from that El Cortez wet dream you always have.



If someone offers to refund all your money if you lose, that's a free roll. Even YOU can understand that--wouldn't you like to get your money back after one of those $5000-$20000 losing trips?

And my wet dream beats your wet dream any day; mine doesn't have Rob Singer in it (we'll leave the homoerotic implications of Singer being in your dreams for another time).
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw
mkl654321
mkl654321
  • Threads: 65
  • Posts: 3412
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
November 21st, 2010 at 5:33:04 PM permalink
Quote: teddys

Yep, thanks for that. And for anybody in the Midwest, Four Winds about 30 miles east of Chicago is offering a $400 loss rebate. That's real losses, not net losses, and they will do it for less than $400. Great promo, bring your friends. It's pure profit.



Yes, though there are some people (including, on this thread) who don't seem to comprehend that. The Advisor mentioned that there were people who thought that the Terrible's rebate wasn't valuable "because you have to lose to get it". Thank God for morons like them and JL--without them, the casinos wouldn't be able to offer the rest of us deals like these.
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw
mkl654321
mkl654321
  • Threads: 65
  • Posts: 3412
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
November 21st, 2010 at 5:33:49 PM permalink
Clerical error
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 46
  • Posts: 7287
Joined: Feb 27, 2010
November 21st, 2010 at 6:22:58 PM permalink
Quote: mkl654321

Quote: mkl654321

If someone offers to refund all your money if you lose, that's a free roll. Even YOU can understand that--wouldn't you like to get your money back after one of those $5000-$20000 losing trips? The possibility of winning without any possibility of losing DEFINES advantage play.

And my wet dream beats your wet dream any day; mine doesn't have Rob Singer in it (we'll leave the homoerotic implications of Singer being in your dreams for another time).

I didn't understand the purpose of that post.
mkl654321
mkl654321
  • Threads: 65
  • Posts: 3412
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
November 21st, 2010 at 6:25:17 PM permalink
Quote: Doc

I didn't understand the purpose of that post.



Clerical error. I quoted myself.
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 46
  • Posts: 7287
Joined: Feb 27, 2010
November 21st, 2010 at 6:42:39 PM permalink
Quote: mkl654321

Clerical error. I quoted myself.

Not a problem -- I just wasn't clear whether there was something else you were trying to convey.

You do understand, I assume, that citing yourself as a reference does not increase the validity of a statement. ;-)
mkl654321
mkl654321
  • Threads: 65
  • Posts: 3412
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
November 21st, 2010 at 6:43:54 PM permalink
Quote: Doc

Not a problem -- I just wasn't clear whether there was something else you were trying to convey.

You do understand, I assume, that citing yourself as a reference does not increase the validity of a statement. ;-)



Well, it sure beats quoting Jerry.
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 264
  • Posts: 4032
Joined: Nov 3, 2009
November 21st, 2010 at 8:32:07 PM permalink
Quote: teddys

Yep, thanks for that. And for anybody in the Midwest, Four Winds about 30 miles east of Chicago is offering a $400 loss rebate. That's real losses, not net losses, and they will do it for less than $400. Great promo, bring your friends. It's pure profit.



Very interesting. But kindof a long drive for me. Do you know how long it takes to have the loss
credited back as free play ? Also, does it apply to VP ? Thanks for the info.
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
  • Posts: 5529
Joined: Nov 14, 2009
November 21st, 2010 at 8:59:46 PM permalink
Quote: JohnnyQ

Very interesting. But kindof a long drive for me. Do you know how long it takes to have the loss
credited back as free play ? Also, does it apply to VP ? Thanks for the info.

You'll get the rebate offer in a week or two, and it is usually good through the end of the next month. The rebate comes in the form of freeplay. I also got a bonus offer of $125 and a free hotel room (a suite!). It is good on video poker but they don't have any decent paytables. The have 8/5 Jacks with a quarter progressive which can sometimes get high. To be honest, I would play slots or keno.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
macdad3996
macdad3996
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 1
Joined: Nov 22, 2010
November 22nd, 2010 at 3:30:04 PM permalink
I just came back from vegas and you get 50% of your loss immediately as free play. The other 50% within a week or two and it is good for one year.
travisl
travisl
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 59
Joined: Oct 20, 2010
November 29th, 2010 at 11:34:41 AM permalink
Do you know how they define "loss"? http://www.troplv.com/casino/even-the-odds says "Your actual rated slot loss up to $200 will be reimbursed in Bonus Slot Play."

If I stick $200 in a machine at the Trop, get my total up to $300, and then lose a bunch and cash out $100, is that a loss of $100, or a loss of at least $200?

If "actual rated slot loss" is the sum of the cumulative losses, then I think the best advantage player strategy would be to grind away at a low denomination machine. But if you have to actually be down $200 from your buy-in, then I think the best strategy would be to hit a high denomination machine, and go big or go home.
travisl
travisl
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 59
Joined: Oct 20, 2010
December 3rd, 2010 at 10:49:47 AM permalink
I went to the Trop on Wednesday and signed up for the promotion. I then put a $100 bill in a slot machine, churned through it, eventually bringing the balance down to zero. I checked with the players club desk, and they confirmed that my loss was exactly $100. Clearly, "actual rated slot loss" is one's net loss.

I then took another $100, and betting max on penny slots ($4 a spin?) played it down to about $30, then hit a big win on a Goldfish 2 machine. I ended up +$527, so I didn't need to actually take advantage of the promotion. Of course, if the promotion hadn't existed, I wouldn't have played such ludicrous amounts on slot machines.

Also, I got a $32 meal comp and $5.27 in free play after all was said and done. Bonus!
mkl654321
mkl654321
  • Threads: 65
  • Posts: 3412
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
December 3rd, 2010 at 10:55:15 AM permalink
Quote: travisl

I went to the Trop on Wednesday and signed up for the promotion. I then put a $100 bill in a slot machine, churned through it, eventually bringing the balance down to zero. I checked with the players club desk, and they confirmed that my loss was exactly $100. Clearly, "actual rated slot loss" is one's net loss.

I then took another $100, and betting max on penny slots ($4 a spin?) played it down to about $30, then hit a big win on a Goldfish 2 machine. I ended up +$527, so I didn't need to actually take advantage of the promotion. Of course, if the promotion hadn't existed, I wouldn't have played such ludicrous amounts on slot machines.

Also, I got a $32 meal comp and $5.27 in free play after all was said and done. Bonus!



You actually got the true value of the promotion--it's a freeroll, a chance to win something big. Some players don't like freeroll/loss rebate promotions because they "only get something when they lose". But as your results prove, being able to stick $200 into a slot machine with virtually no loss downside is very powerful. Plus, you got the benefits from the points earned. Nice going!
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw
  • Jump to: