bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 133
Thanked by
gordonm888
November 27th, 2019 at 4:08:11 PM permalink
Not much action today. Perhaps everyone is traveling for the holiday.

Of course, HALF the group is on suspension.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
HugoSlavia
HugoSlavia
  • Threads: 1
November 27th, 2019 at 8:41:52 PM permalink
Nobody's talking about anything now. I thought for sure the purse collecting topic would be a crowd pleaser.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
November 27th, 2019 at 10:34:00 PM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

Of course, HALF the group is on suspension.

Generally they are well earned suspensions and, if not, we are all tired of the constant nit-picking.

So that leaves travelling as all that is relevant about your post.

For me, an excursion greater than 300 feet constitutes 'traveling'.
I get about an hour-long trip and lots of turkey and pie later today. My walker comes along of course but at least I get a trip beyond the County Poor House limits.
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 133
November 28th, 2019 at 12:46:19 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

For me, an excursion greater than 300 feet constitutes 'traveling'.
I get about an hour-long trip and lots of turkey and pie later today. My walker comes along of course but at least I get a trip beyond the County Poor House limits.

I don't think I would want to fight the airport or highway crowds, even if there were any relatives left to go visit. The news on tv looked bad weather all over the country. But there's been a stray cat coming to my door lately and I've been feeding him. I'll be thankful to see him.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
Minty
Minty
  • Threads: 7
November 28th, 2019 at 3:23:22 AM permalink
I was pleasantly surprised flying to and from Vegas within the last week. Hardly any line to get through security on the way there and it was pretty expedient on the way back too. Baffles me how clueless people can be when it comes to keeping lines moving and personal space.
"Just because I'm not doing anything illegal, doesn't mean I won't have to defend myself someday." -Chip Reese
  • Jump to: