Thread Rating:

FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 264
November 10th, 2019 at 6:48:52 PM permalink
Quote: Rigondeaux

On the other hand, no cleaning or house work.

No cleaning or housework either if you live in your own ultra-cheap place and hire a maid with less effort than scheduling all these comps.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 19
November 11th, 2019 at 8:35:49 AM permalink
Any dirty laundry you have can easily be washed in a hotel bathroom sink, shower, or tub. Just make sure you have enough clothes to cycle through so you have stuff to wear while other stuff is drying.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 264
November 11th, 2019 at 11:46:03 AM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

Any dirty laundry you have can easily be washed in a hotel bathroom sink, shower, or tub. Just make sure you have enough clothes to cycle through so you have stuff to wear while other stuff is drying.

It is always cheaper to delegate such tasks or else buy new clothes rather then endure the drudgery of such a task, particularly under time critical circumstances.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 19
November 11th, 2019 at 2:24:01 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

It is always cheaper to delegate such tasks or else buy new clothes rather then endure the drudgery of such a task, particularly under time critical circumstances.

This isn't a time critical circumstance, though.

Washing a pair of socks, underwear, and a t-shirt in the sink at the end of the day and putting it out to dry takes all of 10 minutes, if even that.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
November 11th, 2019 at 2:52:49 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

You young people astound me. I don't think I have slept past 6am in many years. Of course, I am usually in bed by 9:30pm.

Tell me about it. On friday I tood wife that I am staying up super late.. you know like 11 so that I could try to sleep in. Fell asleep on the couch before 10 and was up before 5. Grrr.

I guess that means I had a successful day if I used all of my energy that I crashed.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
November 11th, 2019 at 2:59:53 PM permalink
I enjoy a random sleep schedule. After 6 hours or so I'm good to go though.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
November 11th, 2019 at 3:09:54 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

I enjoy a random sleep schedule. After 6 hours or so I'm good to go though.

Same. When I do sleep 8+ hours I feel awesome. And I've read many things about how important it is.

However, there's not much I can do. After 6 hours I'm up.

Those 6 hours could take place just about any time. However, I'm at my best at night and enjoy night time.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
November 11th, 2019 at 3:16:09 PM permalink
What I'm saying is, laundry is the easiest chore there is if you have machines in the home.

I actually enjoy doing it. I like the sounds.

Whether you are washing your underwear in a hotel sink by hand every day, or paying someone else to do it* that's a bunch of time and energy over the course of a month, when you could be spending 5 mins of time a week doing laundry at home.

Throw clothes in washer, do something else. Throw clothes in drier. Do something else.

*In Vegas, I don't even know if there are places that will just do normal laundry you drop off, not dry cleaers. If there are, you'll have to drive to and from and I can't imagine it's that cheap.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 69
November 11th, 2019 at 3:21:36 PM permalink
Quote: Rigondeaux

*In Vegas, I don't even know if there are places that will just do normal laundry you drop off, not dry cleaers. If there are, you'll have to drive to and from and I can't imagine it's that cheap.

There are, I pay $1 a pound for washing, drying, and folding when the wife is slacking.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
November 11th, 2019 at 4:06:22 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

There are, I pay $1 a pound for washing, drying, and folding when the wife is slacking.

That sounds like alot.

• Jump to: