GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 89
  • Posts: 8851
March 14th, 2019 at 3:24:47 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

8 and 13

I would normally agree with you except my kids know how to operate and do so much I cant figure out these days at least technology wise

My 13 year old just toured South Korea and learned a good chunk of the language- enough to correspond somewhat rudimentarily so who knows



13 might be ok, definitely not the 8. I dont care how smart the 8 year old is there is no way they would be ok on an escape room. I do know there is a lot of frustration and a lot of cursing.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 208
  • Posts: 5112
March 14th, 2019 at 3:30:45 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

13 might be ok, definitely not the 8. I dont care how smart the 8 year old is there is no way they would be ok on an escape room. I do know there is a lot of frustration and a lot of cursing.



You're starting to scare me now.

I will research how they work and make an informed parental decision

For that matter my daughter is the real parent so she will have to decide for herself
gordonm888
gordonm888
Joined: Feb 18, 2015
  • Threads: 30
  • Posts: 1754
March 14th, 2019 at 4:02:40 PM permalink
Sadly, I have concluded that I am a NO, I will be unable to attend the WOV Spring Fling this year.

I have an interesting excuse. I was successful at winning a part (as an actor) in a theater production that has shows scheduled for the March 11/12 weekend. So, I will be on stage! I hope someone will raise a glass to me at the dinner, even if you just mutter (or cuss me) under your breath. And, before I go on stage those nights, I'll wish you all good luck at the tables (or slots) .
Sometimes, people are just a bottomless mystery. And, after all, this is just a sh*tty little forum in the sun-less backwaters of the online world.
GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 89
  • Posts: 8851
March 14th, 2019 at 4:05:09 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

You're starting to scare me now.

I will research how they work and make an informed parental decision

For that matter my daughter is the real parent so she will have to decide for herself



they are really hard. The last one the very first clue was you had to look through something and see where there were moved items. LIke there was a missing item on a shelf. If it was in position 1 then in another part of the room the book on shelf one had to be pushed in. The thing is you dont know that the first part is a clue nor do you know what the clue is telling you. We found it after 15 min by an accident.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 89
  • Posts: 8851
March 14th, 2019 at 4:05:59 PM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

Sadly, I have concluded that I am a NO, I will be unable to attend the WOV Spring Fling this year.

I have an interesting excuse. I was successful at winning a part (as an actor) in a theater production that has shows scheduled for the March 11/12 weekend. So, I will be on stage! I hope someone will raise a glass to me at the dinner, even if you just mutter (or cuss me) under your breath. And, before I go on stage those nights, I'll wish you all good luck at the tables (or slots) .



break a leg
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
RS
RS
Joined: Feb 11, 2014
  • Threads: 61
  • Posts: 8392
March 14th, 2019 at 4:07:09 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Probably not. They are 40 or 50 dollars and you can only get 10 people or so. I think we had 7 which included wizard and some other forum regulars and we failed miserably. Did you say they are 10? Cant imagine a 10 year old figuring it out


The group probably failed miserably because the smartest and second smartest of the group were locked in a different room for the first ten minutes. :)
# Свободный Натан
MaxPen
MaxPen
Joined: Feb 4, 2015
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 3170
March 14th, 2019 at 4:15:56 PM permalink
Quote: RS

The group probably failed miserably because the smartest and second smartest of the group were locked in a different room for the first ten minutes. :)



Yeah, I remember it took some dummy to crawl up in the separate room to see what the good players missed.
BlackjackPro.......RIP
GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 89
  • Posts: 8851
Thanks for this post from:
RS
March 14th, 2019 at 4:39:47 PM permalink
Quote: RS

The group probably failed miserably because the smartest and second smartest of the group were locked in a different room for the first ten minutes. :)



lmao... yes indeed.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
Joined: Mar 11, 2010
  • Threads: 80
  • Posts: 6895
March 14th, 2019 at 10:24:35 PM permalink
1. Yep, I'm RDW. I'm running for potus on a Canadian annexation platform. I really only want the coasts though. And Toronto, I guess. Definitely not Manitoba.

2. I'm a yes for the main event, mob museum, escape room, Friday night craps, Saturday night gambling. My wife is probably 70/30 against attending. She'd have to miss work at the same time she's fighting for a contract for next school year.

3. Kids say the darndest things. Lady in front of me and across the aisle on the plane today was watching a movie. Sex scene comes on. there's no content editing on west jet's films & it's graphic. Kid behind me says "look mommy! It's like you and daddy!"

4. We've.done pizza and burgers in the past. That seems to be the right price point. I think we only did it out of downtown once, when we met at Paris. Downtown worked a bit better, I think.

5. I thought last year's venue worked well, and we could have fit a few more people in that room.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
Romes
Romes
Joined: Jul 22, 2014
  • Threads: 26
  • Posts: 5352
March 15th, 2019 at 12:22:57 AM permalink
I would put Bruce1 down as a maybe for now.

I would be down for the Mob museum, escape room, poker run, and hike! Of course that's a lot of activities and I'm not quite sure when they are or how long my stay will be... but I like the idea of all of them!
Playing it correctly means you've already won.

  • Jump to: