bikecards52
bikecards52
  • Threads: 2
March 5th, 2019 at 12:23:23 AM permalink
I came across a new version of blackjack that I found quite interesting:

The game plays as standard blackjack; however after the dealer's upcard is revealed, the dealer puts an additional card below his hand horizontally. The first player can elect to use the horizontal card or play his hand traditionally. If he chooses to use the horizontal card, the dealer will deal the next card from the shoe horizontally. Once again the player can choose to take that card or play traditional blackjack. Once all players had the option of playing their hand, the dealer discards the horizontal card and plays his hand.

I am wondering what the house advantage is when the player can essentially see a card he can choose to take or not. To clarify he can still hit and take the next card from the shoe, but he could also take the horizontal card at anytime. For example a player has a hard 18 and the horizontal card is a 3, he can double down and decide to take the 3. Another example is if the player has 12 and the horizontal card is a 10, he can elect to stand or hit by taking the next card from the shoe.

The push 22 rule is also in effect. Blackjacks pay 3 to 2.

I hope I made this post clear and would love feedback and to find out if this game is sincerely playable.

Look forward to the math and your comments on this game!
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
March 5th, 2019 at 4:23:54 AM permalink
Quote: bikecards52

I came across a new version of blackjack that I found quite interesting:

The game plays as standard blackjack; however after the dealer's upcard is revealed, the dealer puts an additional card below his hand horizontally. The first player can elect to use the horizontal card or play his hand traditionally. If he chooses to use the horizontal card, the dealer will deal the next card from the shoe horizontally. Once again the player can choose to take that card or play traditional blackjack. Once all players had the option of playing their hand, the dealer discards the horizontal card and plays his hand.

I am wondering what the house advantage is when the player can essentially see a card he can choose to take or not. To clarify he can still hit and take the next card from the shoe, but he could also take the horizontal card at anytime. For example a player has a hard 18 and the horizontal card is a 3, he can double down and decide to take the 3. Another example is if the player has 12 and the horizontal card is a 10, he can elect to stand or hit by taking the next card from the shoe.

The push 22 rule is also in effect. Blackjacks pay 3 to 2.

I hope I made this post clear and would love feedback and to find out if this game is sincerely playable.

Look forward to the math and your comments on this game!

This is a duplicate post to your first one. Please don't do this. Post it once, and if someone has something to say about it, they will. Closing this thread, and directing any replies to your first inquiry.

Anyone looking for your first thread will find it here .
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
  • Jump to: