Thread Rating:

SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
Thanked by
petroglyph
June 22nd, 2018 at 3:56:56 PM permalink
Quote: RS

It's possible the spokeswoman's statement and Trump's tweet aren't contradictory. But I'll let you guys obsess over it for the next day or two (don't kid yourselves, that's all you're going to be thinking about for the next day or two....well, until the next "big thing" [in quotes for a reason] comes up and you're told to worry about that). Behave now.

This is a perfect example of TDS. ANYTHING Trump (or now even his Mrs.) does is cause for outrage. It matters not if it is eating McDonalds, having a rally, not walking through mud, ..... anything.....
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
June 22nd, 2018 at 3:57:49 PM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

Quote: Tanko

We already have 554,000 homeless and many more desperate people than that already living here. We don’t need any more freeloaders with their phony asylum claims, while thousands of working people are living in homeless shelters.

They strain our municipal resources and drive up the cost of housing.

We pay for all of that, plus the $18.5 billion cost of their medical care.

The current system is designed to provide votes for democrats by maintaining a permanent underclass that relies upon handouts from the Federal government at taxpayer expense.

If we had an immigration system based upon merit, as Canada does, instead of chain migration, you would still be living and working in California.

I pay $700/month for health insurance and doesn't even cover name brand prescriptions (and 2 of my meds are not available generic) #ThanksObama

So has trump fixed it

No?

Awww. It still hurts?
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
June 22nd, 2018 at 4:00:12 PM permalink
Quote: AceofSpades

Quote: terapined

Neither did the Dems as my premiums increased from $300 to $700 under O-care

And its staying there
because
Bottom line, republicans don't give a sh*t about your healthcare

Nope... Bottom line is Republicans don't want to PAY for your healthcare. They want you to. The Dems/Libs/Progressives want the government to pay for it.

Edit... somehow I attributed AoS's quote to terapined. Not my intent. Part was Aos, part terapined.

Mod edit: fixed the quotes for you. Tough to excerpt nested quotes, but I appreciate you tried. BBB
Last edited by: beachbumbabs on Jun 23, 2018
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
June 22nd, 2018 at 4:01:43 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

This is a perfect example of TDS. ANYTHING Trump (or now even his Mrs.) does is cause for outrage.

Back when Obama was President, TDS was simply called "Fox News."
darkoz
darkoz
June 22nd, 2018 at 4:02:26 PM permalink

We already have 554,000 homeless and many more desperate people than that already living here. We don’t need any more freeloaders with their phony asylum claims, while thousands of working people are living in homeless shelters.

The current system is designed to provide votes for democrats by maintaining a permanent underclass that relies upon handouts from the Federal government at taxpayer expense.

If we had an immigration system based upon merit, as Canada does, instead of chain migration, you would still be living and working in California.

I pay $700/month for health insurance and it doesn't even cover name brand prescriptions (and 2 of my meds are not available generic yet) #ThanksObama

????????
Trump is President
Its his job
If your health coverage sucks
Blame the man in charge
His campaign promise was to fix healthcare
Why has Trump not fixed your healthcare?
Sounds like Trump doesn't give a crap about your crappy healthcare

Congress (Dems and RINO's)

The republican party has control of the House, Senate and Presidency and you are blaming Obama ??????????????????
ROTFL

I thought you were against handouts

You want the government to help lower your healthcare?

Asking for a handout?
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
June 22nd, 2018 at 5:24:24 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

And its staying there
because

Nope... Bottom line is Republicans don't want to PAY for your healthcare. They want you to. The Dems/Libs/Progressives want the government to pay for it.

Edit... somehow I attributed AoS's quote to terapined. Not my intent. Part was Aos, part terapined.

Idk what was soopoos, terapined’s, or AOS’s, so I lumped it all together. (edit: fixed. BBB)

I would rather that everyone pays for their own healthcare and/or insurance. I don’t see why anyone should think the government should be responsible for providing health insurance to its citizens.
Last edited by: beachbumbabs on Jun 23, 2018
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
June 22nd, 2018 at 5:35:51 PM permalink

Idk what was soopoos, terapined’s, or AOS’s, so I lumped it all together.

I would rather that everyone pays for their own healthcare and/or insurance. I don’t see why anyone should think the government should be responsible for providing health insurance to its citizens.

I simply have compassion for those that are sick and have no health care
I don't want to see somebody die simply due to lack of money
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
June 22nd, 2018 at 5:42:24 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

I pay $700/month for health insurance and doesn't even cover name brand prescriptions (and 2 of my meds are not available generic) #ThanksObama

So has trump fixed it

No?

Awww. It still hurts?

It was McCain and the other RINO's that refused to vote for it

Yeah - my premiums increasing 225% thanks to O-care does hurt
aceofspades
aceofspades
June 22nd, 2018 at 5:42:55 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

I pay $700/month for health insurance and it doesn't even cover name brand prescriptions (and 2 of my meds are not available generic yet) #ThanksObama

????????
Trump is President
Its his job
If your health coverage sucks
Blame the man in charge
His campaign promise was to fix healthcare
Why has Trump not fixed your healthcare?
Sounds like Trump doesn't give a crap about your crappy healthcare

Congress (Dems and RINO's)

The republican party has control of the House, Senate and Presidency and you are blaming Obama ??????????????????
ROTFL

I thought you were against handouts

You want the government to help lower your healthcare?

Asking for a handout?

After they caused it to increase via O-care
TigerWu
TigerWu
June 22nd, 2018 at 6:00:42 PM permalink

I don’t see why anyone should think the government should be responsible for providing health insurance to its citizens.

Because that's literally what governments are designed to do. To serve and protect the society that gave it power. Well, good governments, anyway. And it makes for a healthy and strong society.
Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
June 22nd, 2018 at 6:54:56 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

So... we have hundreds of thousands of immigrants coming to the Canada legally, bringing with them an influx of new capital and consumption, which presumably would drive up the GDP.... isn't that a good thing?

Do you think that matters to the 554,000 homeless living on our streets?

It adds to GDP, but when affordable housing is in short supply, the increasing population puts inflationary pressure on housing costs for those who can least afford it.

In NYC, rents are increasing twice as fast as wages.

“New York City residents who are earning the least amount of money are experiencing the greatest competition for housing and the steepest rent increases,”
darkoz
darkoz
June 22nd, 2018 at 7:16:13 PM permalink

It adds to GDP, but when affordable housing is in short supply, the increasing population puts inflationary pressure on housing costs for those who can least afford it.

In NYC, rents are increasing twice as fast as wages.

“New York City residents who are earning the least amount of money are experiencing the greatest competition for housing and the steepest rent increases,”

And yet most New Yorkers are not blaming their higher rents on migrants crossing the texas border
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
June 22nd, 2018 at 10:04:35 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Of course it is! Because the whole "asylum" thing is word games. It is just people trying to jump the line. Trump understands that word gets around. Word under Obama was that the welcome mat is out. Word under Trump is that if you get caught sneaking in, it will go bad for you. I prefer that word gets out. Fewer people trying to cross illegally is a very good thing.

My statement was referring to the trump administration, not to the asylum-seekers are lawful in its treatment of border crossers. But when you travel for thousands of miles only to be told that you can't apply for asylum because the port is "at capacity" leaves the seekers to languish and suffer while they wait. So some cross illegally and are arrested. They are desperate. Just like a lot of our ancestors were desperate enough to get on a boat and risk everything for a chance at freedom. What would have happened if your ancestors boat was stopped outside of Ellis ssland and told 'come back later, our port is full? How many ancestors would have simply jumped ship and swim for it?

Quote:

Trudeau said, "COME ON IT" yet when they started to show up, reality set in.

What reality? They come in and are treated with due process, humanely, as they should. Canada is still letting in refugees as well with very little trouble and process asylum seekers fairly. Most are returned home and are given due process.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
boymimbo
boymimbo
June 22nd, 2018 at 10:17:00 PM permalink

Babs, a few pages ago, I asked how your life has changed with Trump as President (I know this thread moves pretty fast so you might have missed it) so, I will ask again - how has your day-to-day existence in this great country changed now that Trump is President
It has always been my contention that, other than making for great debate fodder, our day-to-day existence is only affected infinitesimally by whoever is President

Trump as president affected me drastically. He changed the way that my work Visa was proceesed, and took away the border agents ability to process many types of renewals including my own. The border agents were also instructed to change the way that immigration law was interpreted. The end result was the end of my job at one company, a forced and very stressful move back to Canada, a very stressed out and anxious wife.

On the other side, the client I was working for hired me and doubled my salary, and opened an office and company in Canada so that could get paid in $CAD and work for the American parent exclusively from home. My family is glad I'm back and my wife is happy to have escaped Trump world.

Meanwhile the united states is short yet another skilled worker and rather than attempting to hire a person who can come over on a visa and pay US taxes and contribute to society they will work instead from home or offshore and just increase the trade deficit that Trump worries about so much.
boymimbo
boymimbo
June 22nd, 2018 at 10:42:39 PM permalink

We already have 554,000 homeless and many more desperate people than that already living here.

I call that poor resource management and terrible prioritization and barriers into systems that can resolve these problems and have worked in many places.. I think that if you can sprnd 610 billion on the military and run trillion dollar deficits eery year I think some innovation can be used to find homes for a million homeless.

Quote:

The reason I am back in Canada is because immigration moved the goalposts without telling amyone.including my very skilled legal team. They advised me to get the work extension rather than do the family based applkcaton (my American wife) which would have been a slam dunk.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 213
June 23rd, 2018 at 12:27:10 AM permalink

Hopefully you're not suggesting the Republican led administration would actually do something about the homeless except cut off more resources, if it wasn't for illegal immigrants, because that would be a laugh.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
June 23rd, 2018 at 2:06:52 AM permalink
Please don't feed the trolls
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 241
Thanked by
AxelWolf
June 23rd, 2018 at 4:11:30 AM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

My statement was referring to the trump administration, not to the asylum-seekers are lawful in its treatment of border crossers. But when you travel for thousands of miles only to be told that you can't apply for asylum because the port is "at capacity" leaves the seekers to languish and suffer while they wait. So some cross illegally and are arrested. They are desperate. Just like a lot of our ancestors were desperate enough to get on a boat and risk everything for a chance at freedom. What would have happened if your ancestors boat was stopped outside of Ellis ssland and told 'come back later, our port is full? How many ancestors would have simply jumped ship and swim for it?

Completely different time. At that time the USA had a near unlimited demand for labor. When this situation changed we did close the port, and people were forced to stop coming. To be honest, I am sick and tired of hearing the "what if your ancestors" thing. It has nothing to do with today.

Quote:

What reality? They come in and are treated with due process, humanely, as they should. Canada is still letting in refugees as well with very little trouble and process asylum seekers fairly. Most are returned home and are given due process.

What reality? An example.

Trudeau decided to be a tough guy and show how "mean" Trump was and invite everyone and anyone.

Quote:

Justin Trudeau

@JustinTrudeau

To those fleeing persecution, terror & war, Canadians will welcome you, regardless of your faith. Diversity is our strength #WelcomeToCanada
4:20 PM - Jan 28, 2017

Then, as usually happens when a liberal runs their mouth like this, they later realize why Trump had to be tough.

Quote:

Justin Trudeau

@JustinTrudeau
23 Aug
Replying to @JustinTrudeau

Third, we’re also reaching out to folks in the US to make sure people who want to come to Canada understand the proper procedures to do so.

Justin Trudeau

@JustinTrudeau

Canada is an open and welcoming society. But just as we welcome & encourage newcomers, we are also a country of laws.
4:37 PM - Aug 23, 2017

1,285 people are talking about this

Trudeau had a fool made of himself when he realized the open border he wanted for the USA is not such a good idea!
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
June 23rd, 2018 at 4:20:30 AM permalink

I call that poor resource management and terrible prioritization and barriers into systems that can resolve these problems and have worked in many places.. I think that if you can sprnd 610 billion on the military and run trillion dollar deficits eery year I think some innovation can be used to find homes for a million homeless.

The "homeless problem" gets solved every time a Democrat is POTUS. Because then the media simply ignores the issue.

Homeless tend to congregate in more liberal areas, and more on the west coast. Why does CA have a huge homeless problem and FL not so much despite both having good weather that makes being homeless easier?

The first step in solving homelessness if probably to bring back the asylum system for the mentally ill. The nation will not accept that as some are so ill that said asylum is a borderline prison. Another step is cities like SF need to change building codes to allow more high-density housing. The liberals there will never allow it. Still another is to roust squatters and make homeless life more intolerable that they motivate to bootstrap themselves up. Do that and we hear, "HOMELESSNESS SHOULD NOT BE A CRIME!"

Ever notice that we did not have a "homeless problem" until the post-1964 modern liberalism?
Gandler
Gandler
  • Threads: 35
Thanked by
AxelWolf
June 23rd, 2018 at 4:57:19 AM permalink

The "homeless problem" gets solved every time a Democrat is POTUS. Because then the media simply ignores the issue.

Homeless tend to congregate in more liberal areas, and more on the west coast. Why does CA have a huge homeless problem and FL not so much despite both having good weather that makes being homeless easier?

The first step in solving homelessness if probably to bring back the asylum system for the mentally ill. The nation will not accept that as some are so ill that said asylum is a borderline prison. Another step is cities like SF need to change building codes to allow more high-density housing. The liberals there will never allow it. Still another is to roust squatters and make homeless life more intolerable that they motivate to bootstrap themselves up. Do that and we hear, "HOMELESSNESS SHOULD NOT BE A CRIME!"

Ever notice that we did not have a "homeless problem" until the post-1964 modern liberalism?

I can say from experience that the homeless population in FL and GA is bad. It varies city to city (generally they like more homeless friendly cities)

And, good luck trying to shutt down illegal homeless camps (even on environmentally restricted land), that only exist because powerful churches run them and supply the portapoties and trash cans (which they still do not use, litter and bio matter everywhere ). Last time I tried to shut down a homeless camp and pull their permits, I was told by City Council that I had better stop (despite the fact that they are dumping fecal matter in the wetlands).

They want patrols to stop rape in the camps, but they do not want any other laws, building permits, or vending permits enfocred..... Talk about selective enforcement.... But, even the ultra conservative city council has a soft spot for the homeless, probably because of the Church connection....

I have no sympathy for permanent homeless people. Yes, we all can hit hard times, and maybe be homeless for a few days. But, if you squat in an illegally built camp for decades, you are activley choosing to live like that. We have massive shelters with plenty of openenings, the only deal is you cannot bring needles or hard drugs with you, and well, the ones that are out there are the types that would rather party with heroin than live in a very nice and well funded shelter with free food....
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
Thanked by
SanchoPanzapetroglyphMaxPen
June 23rd, 2018 at 6:51:30 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Can't save you on this one even with a general warning, Boz. You can't suggest a forum member is Hitler. You just can't. AMS is genuinely insulted.

3 days. See you then.

Anyone who has read my posts knows I have always said I have never been suspended without expecting it, or knowing it was a possibility until now. I'm going to disagree with this one big time, but as always it's not that big of a deal. My life didn't change, I survived and know it probably won't be the last time.

I have too much respect for Mike and everything he has done here to blast the site and I respect Babs for the thankless, unappreciated job she does here for no financial compensation as far as I know and for the sh@t it has caused her here and across the net. I still don't see why anyone would want the job as it stands. That is not my goal , but I do think there was a mistake made here and I'm throwing my opinion out there.

If what I post here is considering more of the same insult, I'll live with the decision of course.

Original Post

Quote: lilredrooster

these sentences were used in a report prepared during World War 2 by the United States Office of Strategic Services in describing 𝐇𝐢𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐫'𝐬 psychological profile:

"His primary rules were: never allow the public to cool off; never admit a fault or wrong; never concede that there may be some good in your enemy; never leave room for alternatives; never accept blame; concentrate on one enemy at a time and blame him for everything that goes wrong; people will believe a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently enough people will sooner or later believe it."

𝙧𝙚𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙤𝙛 𝙖𝙣𝙮𝙗𝙤𝙙𝙮?

I stand behind that some of the items quoted here made me think of AMS, myself and other posters at times. I still believe that. But because it was Hitler who said it and I didn't answer the President of the United States, it was an insult. I get the President isn't a member here so he doesn't have insult protection. So my issue is with at what point, is using a comparison something you will get suspended for here? If someone posts:
"Hitler was born in Europe, remind you of anyone?" And a poster replies "Member X". Is that the same?
"Hitler had a mustache, remind you of anyone" And I reply "Member X does, but it is more of a 70's Porn Mustache". Is that an insult?

Yes, I understand Hitler was one of the worst people who ever walked the Earth, but no I did not believe AMS wants to kill 6 Million people. But there are comparisons to be taken from that quote that can be used as a way to view posters here from the things they post. Mostly in the political threads.

You can't suggest a forum member is Hitler. You just can't. AMS is genuinely insulted.

Where did I suggest AMS is Hitler? I said the things posted reminded me of AMS. It you take Hitler out of it and attribute someone's OPINION on how one operates, and then I say it reminds me of Member X, is that an insult. Plenty of negative thoughts from the left out there about Trump. If someone posts an OP-ED from the HP about Trump and then a member posts it with the same question. Is it an insult if I say it reminds me of Member X? Again I don't see where I suggested AMS is Hitler, only that his posts reminded me of the things someone wrote about Hitler.

AMS is genuinely insulted.

This part gets me as well and might also get me in trouble but here goes. How do you know? Options are you assumed it or he reached out to you to complain. What kind of man (or Woman, sorry need to be PC) is insulted by something written by someone he never met over the internet on a forum and needs to complain privately about it. I have no idea who is or what he looks like other than if his profile picture is him. Which would made me assume he has Orange Hair and is angry all the time. But that may not be him, again who knows. He spews hate against Trump day and night, and again I understand he does not have insult protection here, but for him to be insulted, over a comparison to traits I see as a stretch. We conservatives are called worse here everyday by other members. And I for one have never lost sleep over it and have never felt I was insulted enough to complain about it.

I agree with the perception that this thread is a no win for Mods and most decisions you made are questioned, but I don't see you using Bias a reason for the suspension. I see it as you made a reach and a judgement call. And a Bad one at that.

No issues moving forward, and it's not going to change how I post or my opinions until I'm told they are no longer welcome here. We have a great community of members here are disagree at times but are generally incredible people outside of the forum and on it too.

Thanks for reading!
boymimbo
boymimbo
June 23rd, 2018 at 6:59:51 AM permalink

Completely different time. At that time the USA had a near unlimited demand for labor. When this situation changed we did close the port, and people were forced to stop coming. To be honest, I am sick and tired of hearing the "what if your ancestors" thing. It has nothing to do with today.

You can't selectively ignore history. The current administration did not change the process for seeking asylum or the law (except that fleeing gang and domestic violence was no longer aceotable) but they changed the administration of the rule to simply close down the port so that one couldn't even apply without a long wait, thus giving people the choice to suffer and wait an indeterminate time or cross illegally and take one chance. Cowardly.

The reality in Canada is that we are quite proud to ignore ethnicity and race when considering refugee or asylum seekers (which is what Trudeau was responding to). Canada processes asylum seekers and refugees and is accomodating to them (and our crime rates are not increasing!). The penalty for doing so, like every western leader is facing, is backlash from the conservatives who don't want change and believe that helping the poor and especially those who have not been contributing to the current economy (new refugees, asylum seekers) is a waste of taxpayer money that could be spent on healthcare, infrastructure and beefing up other welfare programs that help them. It's a fair argument and one worth having because multiple acceptable answers are reasonable and defenseable.

Unfortunately trump's arguments are not. Autoseparating families was a new policy started by Jeff Sessions to be used clearly as a cruel deterrent. Making things worse was the administrative action of closing the border to asylum seekers (just like the unwritten administrative action of adjudicating work visas at the border) which made desparate people cross the border illegally. The effect of course is to turn legal asylum seekers (even though most, after due process, were deported anyway, or disappeared altogether) into criminals.

A correct action of course is to change immigration law. But attached to everything dealing with immigration is the stupid wall and to some people an equally stupid path to citizenship for DACA which leads to long term stalemates. So instead DHS just changes rules (with trump's blessings) and creates XOs instead that have unintended consequences that raises the ire of both sides and divides people while accomplishing trump's xenophobic desires.
boymimbo
boymimbo
June 23rd, 2018 at 7:02:42 AM permalink
I am still waiting for a defence against the trillion dollar deficit your administration is supporting.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
SanchoPanzapetroglyph
June 23rd, 2018 at 7:16:12 AM permalink

You can't selectively ignore history. The current administration did not change the process for seeking asylum or the law (except that fleeing gang and domestic violence was no longer aceotable) but they changed the administration of the rule to simply close down the port so that one couldn't even apply without a long wait, thus giving people the choice to suffer and wait an indeterminate time or cross illegally and take one chance. Cowardly.

Cowardly? No. Just tired of people wanting to make the country a refugee camp. There is no "right" to claim asylum, any country that allows it does so at their discretion. Why are these people not applying for asylum in Mexico, closer to home and shares a common language?

Quote:

Unfortunately trump's arguments are not. Autoseparating families was a new policy started by Jeff Sessions to be used clearly as a cruel deterrent. Making things worse was the administrative action of closing the border to asylum seekers (just like the unwritten administrative action of adjudicating work visas at the border) which made desparate people cross the border illegally. The effect of course is to turn legal asylum seekers (even though most, after due process, were deported anyway, or disappeared altogether) into criminals.

Again, the whole "asylum" thing is just a way to jump the line. Sessions is doing what smart law enforcement does. Make the penalty harsh enough to dissuade the crime. Reminds me of what a warden told be about how convicts would "gas" the COs all the time. Liberals in government thought it was no big deal, almost a joke. When a GOP Gov got elected and made it a felony, all of the sudden the behavior collapsed. If word gets out that if you sneak in to the USA illegally you will lose your kids or be put in a family cell, maybe all of the sudden they do not need "asylum." And they all of the sudden are not ready to jump the border.

As I always say, ask an American Indian how well open borders worked out.

Quote:

A correct action of course is to change immigration law. But attached to everything dealing with immigration is the stupid wall anhe td to some people an equally stupid path to citizenship for DACA which leads to long term stalemates. So instead DHS just rules (with trump's blessings) and creates XOs instead that have unintended consequences that raises the ire of both sides and divides people while accomplishing trump's xenophobic desires.

There is nothing "xenophobic" about liking your culture as it is and wanting to protect your borders. If the wall is so "stupid" and will never work, why are liberals so against it? Can't be the money as they favor all kinds of handouts to illegal aliens.

As to DACA I have a compromise:

1. DACA applicants can get a permanent resident card.
2. In return, full funding for the wall.
3. If the wall is blocked for any reason, they lose their card.
4. They can never be citizens or vote, EVER.

Should make everyone satisfied.
darkoz
darkoz
June 23rd, 2018 at 7:45:01 AM permalink

Having been homeless and gone through a period of being rousted by police (for sleeping in Penn Stations area open to the public) and sharing that with many other homeless (we would sleep on the benches) I can tell you it does not make homeless go seek jobs

That actually never crossed my mind. The immediate problem of sleeplessness was not assuaged by job hunting and certainly in that sleep-deprived condition(I remember it very well even to this day) we probably would not have been hired by anyone

All that ended up happening was a cat n mouse game of grabbing snatches of sleep and sending warnings "down the line" when the cops were coming

As for homelessness being a post-1964 problem...

I suspect that like homosexuality its just become more openly spoken about. I am certain through the millenia that there have been homeless (and homosexuals) everywhere
TigerWu
TigerWu
June 23rd, 2018 at 7:55:30 AM permalink

Well, sure, if you completely ignore facts and history like you are wont to do, AZ....

More facts for you to ignore....

And still more...
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
June 23rd, 2018 at 8:36:33 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

Anyone who has read my posts knows I have always said I have never been suspended without expecting it, or knowing it was a possibility until now. I'm going to disagree with this one big time, but as always it's not that big of a deal. My life didn't change, I survived and know it probably won't be the last time.

I have too much respect for Mike and everything he has done here to blast the site and I respect Babs for the thankless, unappreciated job she does here for no financial compensation as far as I know and for the sh@t it has caused her here and across the net. I still don't see why anyone would want the job as it stands. That is not my goal , but I do think there was a mistake made here and I'm throwing my opinion out there.

If what I post here is considering more of the same insult, I'll live with the decision of course.

Original Post

I stand behind that some of the items quoted here made me think of AMS, myself and other posters at times. I still believe that. But because it was Hitler who said it and I didn't answer the President of the United States, it was an insult. I get the President isn't a member here so he doesn't have insult protection. So my issue is with at what point, is using a comparison something you will get suspended for here? If someone posts:
"Hitler was born in Europe, remind you of anyone?" And a poster replies "Member X". Is that the same?
"Hitler had a mustache, remind you of anyone" And I reply "Member X does, but it is more of a 70's Porn Mustache". Is that an insult?

Yes, I understand Hitler was one of the worst people who ever walked the Earth, but no I did not believe AMS wants to kill 6 Million people. But there are comparisons to be taken from that quote that can be used as a way to view posters here from the things they post. Mostly in the political threads.

Where did I suggest AMS is Hitler? I said the things posted reminded me of AMS. It you take Hitler out of it and attribute someone's OPINION on how one operates, and then I say it reminds me of Member X, is that an insult. Plenty of negative thoughts from the left out there about Trump. If someone posts an OP-ED from the HP about Trump and then a member posts it with the same question. Is it an insult if I say it reminds me of Member X? Again I don't see where I suggested AMS is Hitler, only that his posts reminded me of the things someone wrote about Hitler.

This part gets me as well and might also get me in trouble but here goes. How do you know? Options are you assumed it or he reached out to you to complain. What kind of man (or Woman, sorry need to be PC) is insulted by something written by someone he never met over the internet on a forum and needs to complain privately about it. I have no idea who is or what he looks like other than if his profile picture is him. Which would made me assume he has Orange Hair and is angry all the time. But that may not be him, again who knows. He spews hate against Trump day and night, and again I understand he does not have insult protection here, but for him to be insulted, over a comparison to traits I see as a stretch. We conservatives are called worse here everyday by other members. And I for one have never lost sleep over it and have never felt I was insulted enough to complain about it.

I agree with the perception that this thread is a no win for Mods and most decisions you made are questioned, but I don't see you using Bias a reason for the suspension. I see it as you made a reach and a judgement call. And a Bad one at that.

No issues moving forward, and it's not going to change how I post or my opinions until I'm told they are no longer welcome here. We have a great community of members here are disagree at times but are generally incredible people outside of the forum and on it too.

Thanks for reading!

Thank you, Boz. I genuinely agree with nearly everything you said, and I appreciate you discussing this with equanimity.

2 things pushed me into a ban, because when I first saw what you said I took it as an attempt at humor, and felt it was more properly worth a warning.

1. After I posted about warnings, I looked at my in-box, and yes, there was a formal complaint.

2. While I considered whether the complaint was worthy of escalation, I put myself in AMSs shoes. He is an openly gay member and LGBT activist, which is common knowledge here. Hitler killed thousands of gays, singling them out for extermination, just like he did Jewish people (and othere demographics). From his point of view, your joke would have been repulsive and inflammatory, genuinely offensive, even if those issues weren't continuing in this country to this day.

So I think there was an objective basis for his complaint. I could be wrong. But I stand by that decision.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
Thanked by
ams288Romes
June 23rd, 2018 at 9:58:47 AM permalink
None of this is surprising. Trump has not given a damn about children who have been separated from family for YEARS.....

EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
June 23rd, 2018 at 10:54:03 AM permalink

But because it was Hitler

How does it advance any conversation
to bring up Hitler. Most people now
under the age of 40 only have the
vaguest idea who Hitler really was
anyway. Some think 'booger monster' is a
bigger insult.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
EvenBob
EvenBob
Thanked by
SanchoPanza
June 23rd, 2018 at 10:55:41 AM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

None of this is surprising. Trump has not given a damn about children who have been separated from family for YEARS.....

That should have been on the cover
of Time, it would have made their
point and been funny too.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
June 23rd, 2018 at 1:15:46 PM permalink
I predict a bright, long political future for Trump's press flak, Sarah Sanders.

While I am not a fan of Trump, I give her credit for doing a good job in a position where she'd seemingly be doomed to fail.

She's from a political family, smart, articulate, and not so attractive that you'd stare at her body, fantasizing, instead of listening to what she has to say.

No idea as to her plans, but she could go a long, long way, maybe as the first woman POTUS.

As they say: "Time will tell."
Last edited by: MrV on Jun 23, 2018
"What, me worry?"
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
June 23rd, 2018 at 1:16:40 PM permalink

Original Post

Thanks for reading!

I don't know what to say.

Other than that was a great post.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
June 23rd, 2018 at 1:26:04 PM permalink
If they hurt you, hurt them back. If they kill you, walk it off.
Steve Rogers, 2018
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
darkoz
darkoz
June 23rd, 2018 at 1:28:04 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

I predict a bright, long political future for Trump's press flak, Sarah Sanders.

While I am not a fan of Trump, I give her credit for doing a good job in a position where she'd seemingly be doomed to fail.

She's from a political family, smart, articulate, and not so attractive that you'd stare at hers body, fantasizing, instead of listening to what she has to say.

No idea as to her plans, but she could go a long, long way, maybe as the first woman POTUS.

Great!

Liar in chief part 2
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 23rd, 2018 at 1:34:44 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

Nah. She reminds every man of
his first wife, just like Hillary does.
The disapproving frown/grimace
that's permanently plastered on
her face, the tone of reproach
in her voice. Even if you don't
have a first wife it makes you
shudder.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
June 23rd, 2018 at 1:55:01 PM permalink
So Dondi has this bizarre event where he invites family members of murder victims to stand behind him while he gives a typically dishonest speech about the perils of allowing little children into the country. The families are holding up blown up photos of their loved ones, except Dondi seems to have taken the moment to personally autograph each of the photos. I mean who doesn't want a glossy 16X20 of their dead husband signed by Donny? Donny even pointed out how one murder victim resembled Tom Selleck, only better looking. Comforter in Chief, indeed.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
TigerWu
TigerWu
June 23rd, 2018 at 2:14:05 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Comforter in Chief, indeed.

Hey, it's hard work being told how to empathize....
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 23rd, 2018 at 2:24:28 PM permalink
The president is right, according to
how the laws are written this is the
only solution. Rewrite the laws if
you want it different.

Trump: Only Workable Immigration Solution Is To ‘Detain, Prosecute, and Promptly Remove’ Anyone Who Crosses Border
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
June 23rd, 2018 at 2:35:51 PM permalink

1. After I posted about warnings, I looked at my in-box, and yes, there was a formal complaint.

I thought it was another "gotcha" re AMS. Still do.

Quote:

2. While I considered whether the complaint was worthy of escalation, I put myself in AMSs shoes. He is an openly gay member and LGBT activist,

Do you know that to be a fact? About the activist part anyway, other than being a provocateur ?

Quote:

So I think there was an objective basis for his complaint. I could be wrong. But I stand by that decision.

"vir·tue sig·nal·ing
noun
the action or practice of publicly expressing opinions or sentiments intended to demonstrate one's good character or the moral correctness of one's position on a particular issue.
"it's noticeable how often virtue signaling consists of saying you hate things"
Last edited by: petroglyph on Jun 23, 2018
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
June 23rd, 2018 at 3:00:22 PM permalink
Life comes at ya fast sometimes!!!

Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
aceofspades
aceofspades
June 23rd, 2018 at 3:00:31 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

IIRC, he gave him accurate directions, which is all he asked for
aceofspades
aceofspades
June 23rd, 2018 at 3:16:37 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

Life comes at ya fast sometimes!!!

I have no problem with this at all nor would I have a problem with any business owner discriminating against anyone for anything - it is their business (naturally, this does not go for public utilities or businesses that benefit from tax subsidies)
TigerWu
TigerWu
June 23rd, 2018 at 3:24:31 PM permalink
Haha... and as per usual people take their protesting to the internet where they think other people actually give a crap what they think.

Does anybody actually read online reviews of a restaurant before they go?

This will be forgotten by Monday.
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 23rd, 2018 at 3:33:30 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

This will be forgotten by Monday.

Nope, I forgot about it already..
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
June 23rd, 2018 at 3:43:49 PM permalink
It’s just fun to go on Twitter and see some of the righties who celebrated the baker refusing to serve the gay couple compare this restaurant refusing to serve SHS to something out of Nazi Germany (seriously, people are actually making that comparison!)
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 23rd, 2018 at 3:49:08 PM permalink
Here's the real threat to sanity, two
losers on parade:

Kathy Griffin Teams with Stormy Daniels to Say ‘F Trump’

AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
June 23rd, 2018 at 4:08:49 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

losers on parade:

does Kathy know she looks like an old fag hag next to Sluty Daniels?

Oh Kathy, you just went down to F list..
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
boymimbo
boymimbo
June 23rd, 2018 at 4:29:42 PM permalink

Cowardly? No. Just tired of people wanting to make the country a refugee camp. There is no "right" to claim asylum, any country that allows it does so at their discretion. Why are these people not applying for asylum in Mexico, closer to home and shares a common language?

Then change the laws, not screw with procedures that eventually will end up as a losing court challenge. Asylum is a legal way to enter, and it should up to judges and immigration to adjudicate cases, not close the border. Or change existing law.

Quote:

There is nothing "xenophobic" about liking your culture as it is and wanting to protect your borders. If the wall is so "stupid" and will never work, why are liberals so against it? Can't be the money as they favor all kinds of handouts to illegal aliens.

That's easy. Trump can always claim once the wall is approved that it is work in progress and say he delivered.

Americas culture is a melting pot. Some people don't like that.

Quote:

As to DACA I have a compromise:

1. DACA applicants can get a permanent resident card....
Should make everyone satisfied.

Sounds almost fair.
darkoz
darkoz
June 23rd, 2018 at 4:37:50 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

losers on parade:

BTW

You can tell by the POSITION of the fingers who was raised on the West coast and who on the East coast
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
June 23rd, 2018 at 4:47:38 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

Oh Kathy, you just went down to F list..

That's what I thought when I first saw it. Hard to believe it but, Kathy actually makes Stormy look better.
  • Jump to: