June 13th, 2018 at 4:13:27 PM permalink
^^^^

Haha!! Okay, that's pretty funny....
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
June 13th, 2018 at 4:16:13 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

Almost any President before Trump. Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, etc. etc. etc.

I'm just talking about professionalism, here. Not how good or bad their policies were. Just people who didn't act a complete fool while in office.

Good answer, thanks
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
June 13th, 2018 at 4:21:33 PM permalink

^^^^

Haha!! Okay, that's pretty funny....

I think its pretty funny
I can laugh at a joke at a libs expense
Sad how some conservatives just seethe when SNL comes on
sad
Life is to short to seethe at SNL like AZ
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
June 13th, 2018 at 5:05:42 PM permalink
Isn’t DeNiro an anti-vaccine guy? Him and Donald should get along on that...
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
June 13th, 2018 at 5:42:43 PM permalink
Yeah, saw this. Had to be edited for misspellings after first tweeted due to the "Low IQ" of the author.

Pot, meet kettle.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
June 13th, 2018 at 5:43:49 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Yeah, saw this. Had to be edited for misspellings after first tweeted due to the "Low IQ" of the author.

Pot, meet kettle.

https://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/spelling-has-nothing-to-do-with-intelligence-so-why-do-we-keep-acting-like-it-does-20170924-gynvcr.html
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
June 13th, 2018 at 5:44:27 PM permalink
I am confused. Does he like Mexicans or hate them?

Donald J. Trump

Verified account

@realDonaldTrump
13h13 hours ago
More
The U.S., together with Mexico and Canada, just got the World Cup. Congratulations - a great deal of hard work!
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
terapined
terapined
June 13th, 2018 at 5:54:55 PM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

https://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/spelling-has-nothing-to-do-with-intelligence-so-why-do-we-keep-acting-like-it-does-20170924-gynvcr.html

Not being able to spell is not a lack of intelligence. When you are tweeting to the world and refuse to use a simple spell check tool is a severe lack of intelligence bordering on being a moron

I am a terrible speller yet every email I send a client has no spelling mistakes because software easily checks my spelling unlike that moron Trump
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
Thanked by
AZDuffman
June 13th, 2018 at 6:32:44 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Donald J. Trump

Verified account

@realDonaldTrump
13h13 hours ago
More
The U.S., together with Mexico and Canada, just got the World Cup. Congratulations - a great deal of hard work!

He has nothing against Mexicans who enter our country legally. Or who stay in their own country and build it up. He has something against Mexicans who enter our country illegally. Pretty simple actually.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
Thanked by
gamerfreak
June 13th, 2018 at 6:42:01 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

He has nothing against Mexicans who enter our country legally. Or who stay in their own country and build it up. He has something against Mexicans who enter our country illegally. Pretty simple actually.

I doubt if he hated any illegals who were working on any of his building projects keeping his costs down.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
Thanked by
aceofspades
June 13th, 2018 at 11:58:33 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Donald J. Trump

Verified account

@realDonaldTrump
13h13 hours ago
More

I don’t understand why people think he hates Mexicans. Okay, I understand why they’d think that, just like there are people who believe all sorts of wacky conspiracies or make baseless accusations just to make someone else look bad.

More importantly, I found this:
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
June 14th, 2018 at 7:16:46 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Proven right 98.9% of the time.
For 30 years. This drives the Left
insane.

^^^^^^^^^^^
FAKE NEWS

PROOF
VVVVVVVV

Here you go. Non-partisan fact review citing sources... Rush is a liar.

If you claim rush is not, I now FACTUALLY have the right to call you a dirty dirty liar, and that's not name calling, that's the actual factual truth.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/rush-limbaugh/

Here's just one, from the "False" category (no idea how it didn't end up in the Pants on Fire category):

"The presence of gorillas calls into question the concept of evolution." ...f&*kin LOL. What a moron.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
ams288
ams288
June 14th, 2018 at 7:16:57 AM permalink
The f#%*ing moron saluted a NK general!!!

CAN YOU IMAGINE THE OUTRAGE ON THE RIGHT IF OBAMA WAS STUPID ENOUGH TO DO THIS?!??!
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
June 14th, 2018 at 8:51:20 AM permalink
Quote: RS

I
More importantly, I found this:

Who is the trained and experienced diplomat in that scenario?

Quote: ams288

The f#%*ing moron saluted a NK general!!!

That picture looks like a comedy routine where one guy is saluting while the other guy is trying to shake hands, and it just goes back and forth like that until they give up and just walk away.
1MatterToMotion
1MatterToMotion
  • Threads: 0
June 14th, 2018 at 8:55:00 AM permalink
I guess that the thing with Trump is the balancing or rationalizing of the image of the American dream to that of a major league hysterical nut job. How to continue to inspire the average Joe workers of America to such an end (of the dream)? It's the collective conscious in full damage control. They can't just rush him off the stage.
Never make a bet that you wouldn't take, yourself.
ams288
ams288
June 14th, 2018 at 9:58:11 AM permalink

That picture looks like a comedy routine where one guy is saluting while the other guy is trying to shake hands, and it just goes back and forth like that until they give up and just walk away.

It actually did go kind of like that.

There is video of it (released by NK state media, of course). Donald first goes to shake his hand, then stops right as he is about to and decides to salute him instead, and then immediately proceeds to shake his hand afterwards anyways.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
Thanked by
Romes
June 14th, 2018 at 10:46:57 AM permalink
Remember how conservatives lost their mind whenever Obama bowed to an ally?

I'm expecting outrage from those same exact people...........
TigerWu
TigerWu
June 14th, 2018 at 11:10:51 AM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

No, see, it's okay when Trump does something like that because:

a) he's white.
b) he's Republican.
c) he's Conservative.
d) Fox News said it was okay.
e) librul tearz!!

That should just about cover it....
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
June 14th, 2018 at 12:22:19 PM permalink

They won't. Just as the people who defended Obama bowing to the Saudi King are the same ones losing their s#$% now.

What you're expecting is honor and integrity. But this is politics; those have no power here.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
TigerWu
TigerWu
June 14th, 2018 at 1:21:15 PM permalink
Quote: Face

They won't. Just as the people who defended Obama bowing to the Saudi King are the same ones losing their s#$% now.

Bowing to someone else is a civilian sign of respect in many cultures.

Saluting is a strictly military gesture that is completely unnecessary in standard diplomatic relations.

Obama bowing to the Saudi King was fine.

Trump bowing to the Saudi King was fine.

Trump saluting a North Korean General was completely unnecessary and in bad taste. I think people are justified in being upset in this case.
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
June 14th, 2018 at 1:33:48 PM permalink

They won't. Just as the people who defended Obama bowing to the Saudi King are the same ones losing their s#$% now...

Yes, as demonstrated by all of the quotes talking about how he's bowing and how we're "losing our s#$% now"... oh wait. Not really... sounds like all of the people defending Obama aren't saying that about trump, but waiting for the SAME PEOPLE who blamed Obama are suddenly silent and condoning of this action with trump. Speaking for these forums and members on here.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
June 14th, 2018 at 1:42:03 PM permalink

Bowing to someone else is a civilian sign of respect in many cultures.

Saluting is a strictly military gesture that is completely unnecessary in standard diplomatic relations.

See?

The salute is my go-to greeting for all known associates. I bow to no man. This is but a personal difference, except for your use of "strictly", which is easily debunked by about any random individual, or Merriam-Webster, if that pleases you.

It's your standard partisanship, I'm kind of surprised to see you argue it. I thought you were the one that just wrote an opus about people sinking to the others' level, thereby hurting their own stance. I thought that was beautiful, and pretty much exactly what I've wanted to write and probably have written a number of times, and I think just wrote recently.

Don't fall into it. It'll twist you.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
rxwine
rxwine
June 14th, 2018 at 1:45:37 PM permalink
I would expect Trump to address Putin as Dear Leader or perhaps Sith Lord. That's the only one I really wonder about.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
TigerWu
TigerWu
June 14th, 2018 at 2:15:49 PM permalink

The salute is my go-to greeting for all known associates. I bow to no man. This is but a personal difference, except for your use of "strictly", which is easily debunked by about any random individual, or Merriam-Webster, if that pleases you.

My point was that Trump was rendering a military salute to a military member of a hostile nation.

In a military hierarchy, initiating a salute indicates you are subordinate the the individual being saluted.

In effect, Trump was indicating he was subordinate to a General of a hostile nation.

As far as I know, there are no such rules with bowing. Only the depth of the bow, in some places, merely shows greater respect, not that you are subordinate to someone.

If you want to salute your buddies at the bar, that's one thing, but an American President initiating a salute with a General from a non-allied foreign nation is a huge faux pas, if you ask me.
aceofspades
aceofspades
Thanked by
ams288
June 14th, 2018 at 2:36:06 PM permalink

My point was that Trump was rendering a military salute to a military member of a hostile nation.

In a military hierarchy, initiating a salute indicates you are subordinate the the individual being saluted.

In effect, Trump was indicating he was subordinate to a General of a hostile nation.

As far as I know, there are no such rules with bowing. Only the depth of the bow, in some places, merely shows greater respect, not that you are subordinate to someone.

If you want to salute your buddies at the bar, that's one thing, but an American President initiating a salute with a General from a non-allied foreign nation is a huge faux pas, if you ask me.

Yes, this faux pas surely means President Trump doesn't know what he's doing regarding North Korea
RS
RS
June 14th, 2018 at 3:32:22 PM permalink

I too have unpleasant feelings about this.
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
June 14th, 2018 at 6:01:30 PM permalink

I give Trump a dumb pass on this. He probably saw a man dressed in high regalia, and when the man went for a handshake he decided to salute him instead. Absolutely numbskullery for the commander in chief, but completely understandable given who Trump is, and absolutely meaningless in the context of the entire meeting.

We will be saying in a couple of generations time that only Trump would meet the leader of a hostile enemy, meaning that it was completely foolish, unnecessary and self-service, for both leaders. In the initial meeting, North Korea got America to stop its completely necessary war games in south Korea, while the North agreed to do nothing. The NK propaganda machine is churning and China and Russia is laughing at the complete lack of the Trump adminstration's understanding of basic geopolitics and diplomacy.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
June 14th, 2018 at 6:18:42 PM permalink

What you're expecting is honor and integrity. But this is politics; those have no power here.

Correct. Partisanship without fact is just bull. I'm one of the very few who want to see Trump succeed but don't see much evidence to see that he is.

We can point out economic indicators but it is still an Obama wave. And like Bush in 2002 and Obama in 2009 they opened up the treasury to recover the economy. But this is 2018 and in times of prosperity it should be a good time to cut spending and close the deficit. But instead is this huge tax cut which is resulting in a completely unnecessary trillion dollar deficit. There is no excuse for that and the GOP who support that deficit should be hanging their heads in hypocritical shame.

His continued attacks on the press is getting more than tired. His performance at the G7 and his insistence of bringing Russia back in makes no sense. And tariffs, especially to the GOP who should be supporting trade, makes no sense. No economists support these tariffs. And calling Canada and Mexico "security threats" is plain dumb.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
terapined
terapined
June 14th, 2018 at 6:19:09 PM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

I give Trump a dumb pass on this. He probably saw a man dressed in high regalia, and when the man went for a handshake he decided to salute him instead. Absolutely numbskullery for the commander in chief, but completely understandable given who Trump is, and absolutely meaningless in the context of the entire meeting.

We will be saying in a couple of generations time that only Trump would meet the leader of a hostile enemy, meaning that it was completely foolish, unnecessary and self-service, for both leaders. In the initial meeting, North Korea got America to stop its completely necessary war games in south Korea, while the North agreed to do nothing. The NK propaganda machine is churning and China and Russia is laughing at the complete lack of the Trump adminstration's understanding of basic geopolitics and diplomacy.

Totally agree
The salute was overall meaningless.
Just a spur of the moment movement of the arm that's much ado about nothing.
I also agree that history will not look kindly on this meeting.
NK got everything and we got nothing
Kim is the sickest type of dictator. His people are not only poor, they are starving. Kim doesn't give a s*it for his people.
This is the type of dictator the CIA should be trying to overthrow.
Last edited by: terapined on Jun 14, 2018
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
June 15th, 2018 at 12:35:29 AM permalink
The thing with the salute is that he was briefed on what to do and what not to do and either didn't pay any attention or just didn't care.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
aceofspades
aceofspades
June 15th, 2018 at 1:28:02 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

The thing with the salute is that he was briefed on what to do and what not to do and either didn't pay any attention or just didn't care.

And this affects anything how?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
June 15th, 2018 at 3:48:39 AM permalink

I won't ask you, because you really have it backwards.

Bowing is a replacement for a handshake in oriental cultures. Bowing there is done mutually, men with both hands at their sides, women with both hands touching at their front. Trump hates shaking hands and has said he wishes we had this tradition instead. It is just that he does not like germs.

Obama made deep and unreturned bows to royalty, showing subservience. His bows could not at all be confused with an oriental "handshake" bow.

Salutes are given and returned same as a "handshake" bow. Salutes are not given indoors EXCEPT when you are first reporting to a new station. A visiting officer giving a salute the first time he meets someone would be very normal. That the General just expected a handshake and some mis-match is no big deal. Well, it is to liberals who are fixated on Trump's every move. The rest of us have lives to lead.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
June 15th, 2018 at 5:10:02 AM permalink

in my last post I called Trump stupid

in this one I'm just calling him ignorant

in a phone call with Prime Minister Trudeau of Canada he blamed Canada for burning down the White House during the War of 1812.

The War of 1812 was against the British and it was the British who burned down the White House

Trump is a true dummy thru and thru

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/nba/trump-falsely-blames-canada-for-burning-white-house-internet-drops-history-lesson/vp-AAyjI8f
Please don't feed the trolls
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
June 15th, 2018 at 5:13:35 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

in my last post I called Trump stupid

in this one I'm just calling him ignorant

in a phone call with Prime Minister Trudeau of Canada he blamed Canada for burning down the White House during the War of 1812.

The War of 1812 was against the British and it was the British who burned down the White House

Well, we all know that Canadians now love to visit all 52 US States, so all is forgiven!
ams288
ams288
June 15th, 2018 at 5:34:18 AM permalink

It just illustrates what a complete moron and hypocrite Donald is.

But we already knew that.
TigerWu
TigerWu
June 15th, 2018 at 8:11:40 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

I won't ask you, because you really have it backwards.

No, I really don't, but I guess I can't fault you for that since you've clearly never been in the military.

Forget about the bowing for a moment.

A salute is initiated by subordinate. Period. It doesn't matter if you're reporting somewhere, or are a visiting officer. The lower ranking member initiates the salute. It's been that way for centuries.

Trump is in the American military chain of command, and by saluting the NK General he indicated he was subordinate to him. He was either poorly briefed, not briefed at all, or briefed and decided to ignore it. It was a diplomatic faux pas, and Trump handed NK a huge propaganda piece on a silver platter. People are right to be upset about it, and it just blows my mind that the right, who supposedly LOVES the military, are scrambling trying to defend him for this. Just admit he screwed up, and let it go. Move on. It's not like you lose anything by admitting Trump made a diplomatic blunder.
TigerWu
TigerWu
June 15th, 2018 at 8:12:50 AM permalink

I don't know, let's ask North Korea's propaganda ministers.....
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
June 15th, 2018 at 8:25:18 AM permalink
They say a picture is worth a thousand words:

"What, me worry?"
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
aceofspades
June 15th, 2018 at 9:04:39 AM permalink

No, I really don't, but I guess I can't fault you for that since you've clearly never been in the military.

Forget about the bowing for a moment.

A salute is initiated by subordinate. Period. It doesn't matter if you're reporting somewhere, or are a visiting officer. The lower ranking member initiates the salute. It's been that way for centuries.

Like this?

Quote: MrV

They say a picture is worth a thousand words:

But the full video is worth 10,000!
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
June 15th, 2018 at 10:18:21 AM permalink

Like this?But the full video is worth 10,000!

no U.S. President other that this clown would salute military personnel from another country. they would only salute military personnel from the U.S.

not only that but he is saluting a representative of a country that is known to imprison, torture and kill thousands of its own citizens and abducting citizens of another country (Japan). He is saluting a representative of a dictator who is so twisted that he killed his own brother. but killing his own people is sometimes not enough for him. he needs to do it in a satisfying way, so he sometimes blows their bodies apart with anti-aircraft guns.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2017/02/27/report-n-korea-executes-officials-enraging-kim-jong-un/98468748/
Please don't feed the trolls
ams288
ams288
June 15th, 2018 at 12:35:20 PM permalink
No mention of Paul Manafort getting thrown in jail today?

Remember: Donald only hires the best people!
terapined
terapined
June 15th, 2018 at 1:16:56 PM permalink

Donald Trumps lie
"Manafort has nothing to do with our campaign. I feel a little badly about it. They went back 12 years to get things that he did 12 years ago. Paul Manafort worked for me for a very short period of time. He worked for Ronald Reagan, he worked for Bob Dole, he worked for John McCain or his firm did, he worked for many other Republicans. He worked for me, what, for 49 days or something?”

The facts
Manafort was campaign chairman in May 2016 and resigned on August 19, 2016. That’s a total of 144 days, not 49 days.
rxwine
rxwine
June 15th, 2018 at 1:32:27 PM permalink

For WITNESS TAMPERING. Something people around Trump should probably be reminded of. Why, someone asks? Oh, just because.
RS
RS
Thanked by
aceofspadesMaxPenAZDuffman
June 15th, 2018 at 2:37:04 PM permalink

Like this?

But the full video is worth 10,000!

Amazing how lefties go crazy over the picture, but as soon as they see what actually happened.....oh something else let's talk about that! So predictable.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
June 15th, 2018 at 2:40:21 PM permalink
Quote: RS

Amazing how lefties go crazy over the picture, but as soon as they see what actually happened.....oh something else let's talk about that! So predictable.

I don't particularly care. I do think its funny though. And you have to admit that if obuma did it, the fox news and all of the conservative radio hosts would be losing their mind.

However, I don't think Obama, Trump, or anyone else should be giving Saudi Arabia anything but a giant middle finger.
terapined
terapined
June 15th, 2018 at 2:48:44 PM permalink
Trump tweet
"Wow, what a tough sentence for Paul Manafort, who has represented Ronald Reagan, Bob Dole and many other top political people and campaigns. Didn’t know Manafort was the head of the Mob. What about Comey and Crooked Hillary and all of the others? Very unfair!"

Tough sentence????????
He's not even guilty.
What sentence
The court trusted Manafort. Manafort broke that trust due to witness tampering
Manafort created an email acct. would write a draft. not send it. Have somebody give password to witness so witness can see Manafort draft
The Judge no longer trusts Manafort for trying to tamper with a witness.
Manafort has to wait in jail till guilt is determined at trial
If found guilty, then he's sentenced
aceofspades
aceofspades
June 15th, 2018 at 2:58:54 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

Trump tweet
"Wow, what a tough sentence for Paul Manafort, who has represented Ronald Reagan, Bob Dole and many other top political people and campaigns. Didn’t know Manafort was the head of the Mob. What about Comey and Crooked Hillary and all of the others? Very unfair!"

Tough sentence????????
He's not even guilty.
What sentence
The court trusted Manafort. Manafort broke that trust due to witness tampering
Manafort created an email acct. would write a draft. not send it. Have somebody give password to witness so witness can see Manafort draft
The Judge no longer trusts Manafort for trying to tamper with a witness.
Manafort has to wait in jail till guilt is determined at trial
If found guilty, then he's sentenced

Money line on whether or not he is found guilty...?
terapined
terapined
June 15th, 2018 at 3:15:36 PM permalink

Money line on whether or not he is found guilty...?

Naw
How about a bet on how soon Trump lies again
aceofspades
aceofspades
June 15th, 2018 at 3:16:39 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

Naw
How about a bet on how soon Trump lies again

How about a bet on when Hillary is drunk again?
  • Jump to: