Thread Rating:

terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
May 22nd, 2018 at 1:48:13 PM permalink
Trump says security for his phone is inconvenient.
WTF
The conservatives complaining about Clintons server have gone quiet
ROTFL
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
May 22nd, 2018 at 1:48:39 PM permalink
Quote: RS

I’ve never understood why people, on either side, think when a new policy is put in place that the effects should be seen instantaneously.

If you’re working a job making $10/hr and get a raise to $11/hr, you’re not going to immediately see a gigantic difference. But over time, slowly but surely, that difference is going to add up.

Which is why it would have been better for the companies to give raises rather than one time bonuses. Getting an extra thousand this year is very nice, but getting a fifty cent raise works out much better in the end.
Anyone who understand business could see that the vast savings from the tax cuts would go to management and investors, with a few crumbs drifting down to the workers. Trickle down economics at its best. Your boss gets a new yacht and hires your son part time to clean it. Everybody wins. Just some folks win a whole lot more.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
May 22nd, 2018 at 1:54:36 PM permalink
What's interesting is this economy is literally the same economy that Obama handed to Trump, but a year a half ago, according to many that are cheering today's economy, America was in the dumps. The Labor Force Participation rate was the highest its been in 30 years (it's practically the same today) and the "real unemployment", according to Trump, was as high as 40%.

If you want to celebrate this economy, go for it. But you ought to at least be honest about it and give credit where it's due.

#thanksObama

#unprecedenteddeficitsareback
Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
Thanked by
SOOPOO
May 22nd, 2018 at 2:13:24 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

Why did we even need the tax cuts then if the economy is so hot?

It wasn’t. It was on life support getting money transfusions from Quantitative Easing 1,2 and 3.

Poll: 'Americans give Trump credit for good economy' CBS

That poll in your previous post was conducted by the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.

Do you really believe the majority of people oppose the tax cuts?

When they get control of congress, the dems can roll back the cuts as much as they want, and the people will get what they deserve.

They put garbage like that and stormey daniels out there as comfort food for their victims. Bathe in misery with the others, and feast on that comfort food all you want.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
aceofspades
May 22nd, 2018 at 2:16:11 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Anyone who understand business could see that the vast savings from the tax cuts would go to management and investors, with a few crumbs drifting down to the workers. Trickle down economics at its best. Your boss gets a new yacht and hires your son part time to clean it. Everybody wins. Just some folks win a whole lot more.

And if you know business, you know the owners are supposed to get most of the rewards. They then invest in expanding their businesses, raising all boats. As to the yacht, why do you hate the person who has one?
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Steverinos
Steverinos
May 22nd, 2018 at 2:23:26 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

And if you know business, you know the owners are supposed to get most of the rewards. They then invest in expanding their businesses

True capitalists know that hiring more people (expanding their business) is an absolute last resort, something that you do when, and only when, consumer demand requires it.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
May 22nd, 2018 at 2:24:01 PM permalink
Quote:

Stahl said she and her boss met with Trump in his office in Trump Tower in Manhattan after the 2016 election in advance of a recorded sit-down interview for "60 Minutes.
"At one point, he started to attack the press," Stahl said. "There were no cameras in there."
"I said, 'You know, this is getting tired. Why are you doing it over and over? It's boring and it's time to end that. You know, you've won ... why do you keep hammering at this?' " Stahl recalled.

"And he said: 'You know why I do it? I do it to discredit you all and demean you all so that when you write negative stories about me no one will believe you.' "

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/president-trump-told-lesley-stahl-he-bashes-press-to-demean-you-and-discredit-you-so-no-one-will-believe-negative-stories-about-him/ar-AAxEIOg?ocid=spartanntp
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
Steverinos
Steverinos
May 22nd, 2018 at 2:42:17 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/president-trump-told-lesley-stahl-he-bashes-press-to-demean-you-and-discredit-you-so-no-one-will-believe-negative-stories-about-him/ar-AAxEIOg?ocid=spartanntp

Yeah, and it works...on some people.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
aceofspades
May 22nd, 2018 at 2:46:06 PM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

True capitalists know that hiring more people (expanding their business) is an absolute last resort, something that you do when, and only when, consumer demand requires it.

Which is why we need the lowest possible tax rate to have the most robust economy possible.
rxwine
rxwine
May 22nd, 2018 at 2:47:55 PM permalink
Quote: Tanko

When they get control of congress, the dems can roll back the cuts as much as they want, and the people will get what they deserve.

I'll happily admit many Democrats are also concerned with other values than strict wealth making and often legislate accordingly. Proud of it actually.

Rightwingers free things up and hope that people and companies will police themselves instead of abusing some part of the system, which never holds true in the long run. Or alternatively they don't care at all.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
Steverinos
Steverinos
May 22nd, 2018 at 2:48:49 PM permalink
That makes no sense. There is no correlation. We've had way more robust economies in the past with much higher tax rates.
Steverinos
Steverinos
May 22nd, 2018 at 2:50:23 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

I'll happily admit many Democrats are also concerned with other values than strict wealth making and often legislate accordingly. Proud of it actually.

Rightwingers free things up and hope that people and companies will police themselves instead of abusing some part of the system, which never holds true in the long run. Or alternatively they don't care at all.

Republicans = Borrow & Spend

Democrats = Tax & Spend

Historically, our economy has performed much better under Democrats.

Do the math.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
May 22nd, 2018 at 2:51:36 PM permalink

Which is why it would have been better for the companies to give raises rather than one time bonuses. Getting an extra thousand this year is very nice, but getting a fifty cent raise works out much better in the end.

When I was in business, we had choices about how we doled out profits. At the time, wages were subject to SS taxes and bonuses weren't. So bonuses for the employees saved them 7% and gave them incentive. To give ourselves bonuses, we put both halves of SS in our pockets so a 1k bonus was worth an extra 130 dollars. no wealth will be attained, without tax planning

Quote:

My dad made his bosses money, they bought a nice yacht in Ilwaco Wn, they had a full time captain and always took everybody and their family's out deep sea fishing. I ended up going to work for the boss, starting my own company, and later bought my own yacht.

And after having employees, and even trying to work with family, I never want another employee. Several company's have since loved [and not] me, knowing I have spent time on both sides of the fence. The only friend a contractor has, is another contractor.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
May 22nd, 2018 at 2:59:56 PM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

That makes no sense. There is no correlation. We've had way more robust economies in the past with much higher tax rates.

No.

We had a great economy in the early 1950s because of pent-up demand. We had an awful recession at the end, solved by the JFK tax cuts.

We had stagflation in the 1970s, solved by the Reagan tax cuts, 70% down to 28%, in the 1980s.

We had a great economy in the late 1980s, clobbered by two Democrat tax increases, leading to the "jobless recovery" in the early 1990s.

I still fail to understand the greed of the average liberal who wants higher taxes. They are happy punishing people. They cheer higher taxes.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
May 22nd, 2018 at 3:02:19 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

And after having employees, and even trying to work with family, I never want another employee.

I hear you there. After managing people, I never want to do it again. At most I would hire short-term contractors for specific jobs. To deal with my clients, never.
billryan
billryan
May 22nd, 2018 at 4:02:19 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

And if you know business, you know the owners are supposed to get most of the rewards. They then invest in expanding their businesses, raising all boats. As to the yacht, why do you hate the person who has one?

This is why I hate liars and lies. Boz tells an outright lie about me and now this guy repeats it as if it were true.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
Thanked by
RS
May 22nd, 2018 at 4:59:06 PM permalink

‘Too inconvenient’: Trump goes rogue on phone security

I'm gonna LOLOLOL when the summit with Kim Jong Un gets canceled and NK responds by uploading all of Donald's private calls for everyone to hear.

So you would laugh when calls pertaining to national security are leaked by a foreign dictator?
terapined
terapined
May 22nd, 2018 at 5:31:22 PM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

I'm gonna LOLOLOL when the summit with Kim Jong Un gets canceled and NK responds by uploading all of Donald's private calls for everyone to hear.

So you would laugh when calls pertaining to national security are leaked by a foreign dictator?

Cant believe a conservative is commenting on this.
Its the height of stupidity for a President to turn down security on a phone simply due to inconvenience.
Come on
Its stupid. No excuse
Clintons email server is peanuts compared to this colossal mistake
aceofspades
aceofspades
May 22nd, 2018 at 5:33:47 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

Its the height of stupidity for a President to turn down security on a phone simply due to inconvenience.
Come on
Its stupid. No excuse

I am sure the Deep State would love to have one of their own looking at Trump's phone
terapined
terapined
May 22nd, 2018 at 5:36:31 PM permalink

Come on
Its stupid. No excuse

I am sure the Deep State would love to have one of their own looking at Trump's phone

Deep state?
ROTFL
You watch too many movies
Hmm. Interested in a bridge in Brooklyn, give you a real good price
Whats next
The Boogie man is real?
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
May 22nd, 2018 at 5:49:50 PM permalink

Yes.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
terapined
terapined
May 23rd, 2018 at 4:54:58 AM permalink

What's hilarious is all the conservatives on this board that loudly complained about Clinton's server are suddenly silent about Trumps unsecure phone
ROTFL
ams288
ams288
May 23rd, 2018 at 5:17:21 AM permalink

What's hilarious is all the conservatives on this board that loudly complained about Clinton's server are suddenly silent about Trumps unsecure phone
ROTFL

Yep. And they only seem to be outraged at me LOLing at the hypothetical scenario of Donald's calls getting leaked.

The fact that our stupid President is too lazy to use a secured phone doesn't seem to bother them at all...
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
May 23rd, 2018 at 5:42:35 AM permalink

ROTFL

I think there is another thread where this exact conversation is happening, but it might be on DT. Please show a link to any law that DJT is breaking. If there is one then lets take away that phone and punish him appropriately. If not, let the hackers know that he wished his grandson "Happy Birthday" yesterday and see what they do with that information. So please, someone link to anything where it says a President is not allowed to have a private phone for personal messages like "I'll meet you in the hotel and I'll be bringing a NDA..."
terapined
terapined
May 23rd, 2018 at 5:52:45 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

ROTFL

I think there is another thread where this exact conversation is happening, but it might be on DT. Please show a link to any law that DJT is breaking. If there is one then lets take away that phone and punish him appropriately. If not, let the hackers know that he wished his grandson "Happy Birthday" yesterday and see what they do with that information. So please, someone link to anything where it says a President is not allowed to have a private phone for personal messages like "I'll meet you in the hotel and I'll be bringing a NDA..."

Breaking the law????
Where do you get that from?
Its the height of stupidity for a President to use a unsecured phone.
Breaking the law-no, being very stupid-yes
ams288
ams288
May 23rd, 2018 at 5:54:08 AM permalink

You are really hung up on whether or not he is breaking the law or not with his unsecured phones.

And yet neither terapined nor any lefties here claimed he broke the law. Why are you trying so hard to move the goalposts?

It's just an incredibly stupid and risky thing for a President to do.
rxwine
rxwine
May 23rd, 2018 at 11:31:28 AM permalink

IMO, Talking around classified information is the biggest risk. Trump thinking he is too clever for anyone to catch him because he doesn't specifically say something seems likely. Spy agencies have people looking for bits of seemingly useless or trivial information in order to fit them into a bigger picture.
edwardjsmith
edwardjsmith
  • Threads: 1
Thanked by
aceofspadesSOOPOOMooseton
May 23rd, 2018 at 12:07:41 PM permalink
Perhaps he is just talking to Loretta Lynch about his grandchildren ? ? ?
No ICE in my drink, PLEASE
billryan
billryan
May 23rd, 2018 at 12:20:50 PM permalink
Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.....
edwardjsmith
edwardjsmith
May 23rd, 2018 at 12:34:51 PM permalink

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.....

Can't hear that song without thinking about Reservoir Dogs, The scene in which the character Mr. Blonde taunts and tortures bound policeman Marvin Nash while singing and dancing to the song. CLASSIC
No ICE in my drink, PLEASE
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
May 23rd, 2018 at 1:00:47 PM permalink

You are really hung up on whether or not he is breaking the law or not with his unsecured phones.

And yet neither terapined nor any lefties here claimed he broke the law. Why are you trying so hard to move the goalposts?

First of all, I do not know what exact security measures he has or does not have on his phone. I'm guessing you don't either. I'm just saying there are a plethora of conversations he might have that require NO SECURITY, and some that NO LEVEL OF PERCEIVED security would make smart. Why was there a law about servers but not about cell phones?

Pointing out that Trump does something without much forethought is a waste of time. He has done a lot of stupid things. But this one is probably another 'nothing burger' (I hate that phrase) Unless someone can show me a specific conversation he had on that specific phone that he shouldn't have, it is a big NOTHING.
ams288
ams288
May 23rd, 2018 at 1:05:57 PM permalink

Unless someone can show me a specific conversation he had on that specific phone that he shouldn't have, it is a big NOTHING.

Perhaps some foreign dictator can, which was the entire point of us bringing up the topic... lol
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
May 23rd, 2018 at 1:12:57 PM permalink

Perhaps some foreign dictator can, which was the entire point of us bringing up the topic... lol

Yeah... I'm worried about foreign dictators listening in on Trump's pleas to attorneys to pay his women, and asking how Melanie or Melania or whatever her name is doing after surgery. I have no fears of any negative outcome from any nefarious dictator listening in on any Trump phone call.

By the way, my regular Iphone via my AT @ T account...... Nefarious dictators can be listening in when I call the Wiz and ask for bannings? Is it easy to hack my number? I though all phones were 'protected'? Am I wrong?
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
May 23rd, 2018 at 1:32:54 PM permalink
His phone calls have already been released. This might get taken down soon so if link doesn’t work, that’s why.

https://youtu.be/jCZV4b9I26w
Dalex64
Dalex64
May 23rd, 2018 at 1:45:13 PM permalink
Overhearing/intercepting voice calls or text messages is only one of the security concerns.

On his personal phone, he can add apps. According to the news, the phone is not regularly screened for security.

One of those apps could be compromised in a variety of ways, either intentionally, or hacked before distribution, etc.

A compromised app could potentially transmit the gps location, broadcast the mic or the camera, or keylog, to name a few.
petroglyph
petroglyph
May 23rd, 2018 at 2:01:38 PM permalink

By the way, my regular Iphone via my AT @ T account...... Nefarious dictators can be listening in when I call the Wiz and ask for bannings? Is it easy to hack my number? I though all phones were 'protected'? Am I wrong?

It's basically a radio transmitter.

https://www.quora.com/Can-someone-listen-in-on-my-cell-phone-calls

http://www.spyequipmentguide.com/cell-phone-scanners
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
Thanked by
aceofspadesMooseton
May 23rd, 2018 at 2:31:07 PM permalink
James Clapper says, "sure we had spies
in the Trump campaign, we were looking
for Russians, not spying on Trump."

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

This is like getting caught as a Nazi spy
in DC in 1943. "I was just making sure
you guys were eating healthy, I wasn't
spying for political reasons."

Spygate, if it was fiction nobody would
think it was plausible. Remember 1973
and 'What did Noxon know and when
did he know it?' I hear those same words
about Obama 10 times a day.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
ams288
ams288
May 23rd, 2018 at 2:32:54 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Remember 1973

Because you only listen to right wing garbage.

Everyone else is just shaking their heads at how desperate the Trumpsters are to divert the attention away from Donald's crimes.
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 29
May 23rd, 2018 at 2:44:49 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

James Clapper says, "sure we had spies
in the Trump campaign, we were looking
for Russians, not spying on Trump."

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

This is like getting caught as a Nazi spy
in DC in 1943. "I was just making sure
you guys were eating healthy, I wasn't
spying for political reasons."

Spygate, if it was fiction nobody would
think it was plausible. Remember 1973

Once again, you listened to the right wing media instead of vetting something for yourself. If you did, you'd see that that is NOT what Clapper said, and the right wing media is twisting his words.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
Thanked by
aceofspadesMoosetonAxelWolf
May 23rd, 2018 at 2:55:58 PM permalink

Because you only listen to right wing garbage.

Everyone else is just shaking their heads at how desperate the Trumpsters are to divert the attention away from Donald's crimes.

Once again, thanks for making my day. I can only imagine the stress you are going through more each day as Trump continues to Make America Great Again. But have no fear, everyone is welcome on the Trump Train and it’s not too late for you.

Choo Choo, my friend, Choo Choo.
ams288
ams288
May 23rd, 2018 at 2:57:53 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

I can only imagine the stress you are going through more each day as Trump continues to Make America Great Again.

Yes you can only imagine it, because it doesn't exist.
terapined
terapined
May 23rd, 2018 at 3:05:18 PM permalink

can only imagine the stress you are going through more each day as Trump continues to Make America Great Again.

Stress??????
Are you kidding me
Wow
Total mis-read
Trump is the most entertaining President in the last 2 and 1/4 centuries
I laugh at his ridiculous tweets
Convefe?
I've never laughed so hard at a President
He's comedy gold for SNL and late nite comedians

I am seeing Kim wont go to Singapore due to a possible military coup
Only way I see this meet happen is if Trump promises Kim safety and Mar Largo if he gets overthrown
Trump is so desperate for this meet, I can see that happening
It would be more comedy gold from the most entertaining President ever
aceofspades
aceofspades
May 23rd, 2018 at 3:06:49 PM permalink

Once again, thanks for making my day. I can only imagine the stress you are going through more each day as Trump continues to Make America Great Again. But have no fear, everyone is welcome on the Trump Train and it’s not too late for you.

Choo Choo, my friend, Choo Choo.

billryan
billryan
May 23rd, 2018 at 3:09:00 PM permalink

A Texas cowboy lay down on a barroom floor,
Having drunk so much he could drink no more;
So he fell asleep with a troubled brain
To dream that he rode on a hell-bound train.

The engine with murderous blood was damp
And was brilliantly lit with a brimstone lamp;
An imp, for fuel, was shoveling bones,
While the furnace rang with a thousand groans.

The boiler was filled with lager beer
And the devil himself was the engineer;
The passengers were a most motly crew--
Church member, atheist, Gentile, and Jew,

Rich men in broadcloth, beggers in rags,
Handsome young ladies, and withered old hags,
Yellow and black men, red, brown, and white,
All chained together--O God, what a site!

While the train rushed on at an awful pace--
The sulphurous fumes scorched their hands and face;
Wider and wider the country grew,
As faster and faster the engine flew.

Louder and louder the thunder crashed
And brighter and brighter the lightning flashed;
Hotter and hotter the air became
Till the clothes were burned from each quivering frame.

And out of the distance there arose a yell,
"Ha, ha," said the devil, "we're nearing hell!"
Then oh, how the passengers all shrieked with pain
And begged the devil to stop the train.

But he capered about and danced for glee,
And laughed and joked at their misery.
"My faithful friends, you have done the work
And the devil never can a payday shirk.

"You've bullied the weak, you've robbed the poor,
The starving brother you've turned from the door;
You've laid up gold where the canker rust,
And have given free vent to your beastly lust.

"You've justice scorned, and corruption sown,
And trampled the laws of nature down.
You have drunk, rioted, cheated, plundered, and lied,
And mocked at God in your hell-born pride.

"You have paid full fair, so I'll carry you through,
For it's only right you should have your due.
Why, the laborer always expects his hire,
So I'll land you safe in the lake of fire,

"Where your flesh will waste in the flames that roar,
And my imps torment you forevermore."
Then the cowboy awoke with an anguished cry,
His clothes wet with sweat and his hair standing high

Then he prayed as he never had prayed till that hour
To be saved from his sin and the demon's power;
And his prayers and his vows were not in vain,
For he never road the hell-bound train.
--Unknown
terapined
terapined
May 23rd, 2018 at 3:12:21 PM permalink
Only train worth ridding
Sooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuul Train
Miss you Don Cornelius
Boz
Boz
May 23rd, 2018 at 3:42:48 PM permalink

Only train worth ridding
Sooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuul Train
Miss you Don Cornelius

petroglyph
petroglyph
May 23rd, 2018 at 4:50:10 PM permalink
http://dailycaller.com/2018/05/22/fbi-agents-congress-subpoenas/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=atdailycaller&utm_source=Twitter

Sickened by Comey, some agents say they want to come forward, but since all whistleblowers are now punished, [thanks Obama], they won't come out unless subpoenad. Don't look for any other gubmint employees spilling the beans.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
May 23rd, 2018 at 5:20:45 PM permalink
Holy crap. Michael Caputo says he's
being contacted daily by FBI agents
who want to be whistle blowers on
Comey and the rest, but are terrified
of legal bills ruining them.

Caputo just announced that he has a
legal fund that'll cover all the expenses
that happen to agents that come forward.
We've been hearing for days on how
agents want to rat out Comey.

There is so much going on with this
whole thing it's hard to keep up. Very
exciting times. Obama's got to be
constipated from the constant stress
of the whole thing busting wide open.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
ams288
ams288
May 23rd, 2018 at 5:52:18 PM permalink
At this point EB's rantings are so divorced from reality that I don't even feel the need to push back against them.

Obama and Comey were working together to screw Trump's electoral chances? Riiiiight. That explains the Comey letter!
Boz
Boz
May 23rd, 2018 at 5:58:20 PM permalink

At this point EB's rantings are so divorced from reality that I don't even feel the need to push back against them.

Obama and Comey were working together to screw Trump's electoral chances? Riiiiight. That explains the Comey letter!

So you are saying his rantings are divorced from reality, but he isn’t. Just trying to make sure.

But by writing this are you not pushing back?

Hey, how again has Trump hurt you personally again? I keep forgetting.

Oh that’s right, it’s just fun for you to laugh at him.

Luckily none of us laugh at you, after all you are a member here, so that would be against the rules.
  • Jump to: