Thread Rating:

billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
May 14th, 2018 at 12:11:35 PM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

Quote: ams288

Why on earth would you put that you're a Trump supporter in a dating profile? Women hate Trump*.

Might as well just take a vow of celibacy.

Yes, it's an overgeneralization. I know.

Well, why not get it out there in the open - rather than finding out while on a first date - if political leanings are going to turn someone off then why waste time -- I am more than willing to have an open debate on things but, this email proves some people don't want to debate, they want to state their beliefs then BLOCK me from responding

What good could possibly come from responding? Life is too short to suffer fools.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
May 14th, 2018 at 12:12:10 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

That's definitely fourth date material. Maybe late third, after you've closed the deal.

Yeah any earlier disclosure and you are just trumping any chances
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
May 14th, 2018 at 12:12:17 PM permalink

Quote: ams288

Why on earth would you put that you're a Trump supporter in a dating profile? Women hate Trump*.

Might as well just take a vow of celibacy.

Yes, it's an overgeneralization. I know.

Well, why not get it out there in the open - rather than finding out while on a first date - if political leanings are going to turn someone off then why waste time -- I am more than willing to have an open debate on things but, this email proves some people don't want to debate, they want to state their beliefs then BLOCK me from responding

What good could possibly come from responding? Life is too short to suffer fools.

Exactly - she did me a favor by BLOCKING me
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
May 14th, 2018 at 12:14:48 PM permalink
I never knew what swiping right meant until today. Thanks AOS!
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
May 14th, 2018 at 12:30:01 PM permalink

Obama made a State visit to Puerto Rico.

So what. He never would have gone
there for this, no way. And if he had,
he would have done less than Trump
did.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
aceofspades
aceofspades
May 14th, 2018 at 12:35:21 PM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

I never knew what swiping right meant until today. Thanks AOS!

I aim to serve the community
Steverinos
Steverinos
May 14th, 2018 at 12:39:02 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

did.

LOL, I don't know why you say things like this. You guys blamed (credited) his hurricane Sandy response for his 2012 win, but now say he wouldn't of gone and responded to Puerto Rico. You have to make a little sense if you want to be taken seriously, right?

I guarantee Obama would've at least dunked the paper towels.
billryan
billryan
May 14th, 2018 at 12:41:32 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

did.

You know this based on what? You can say anything you want, but if you expect to have even a smidgeon of respectability, it would help if the stuff you posted has some basis in reality. What in Obamas eight years leads you to say something like that? Would he have only thrown three rolls of towels instead of four?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
aceofspades
aceofspades
May 14th, 2018 at 12:42:16 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

I retract and apologize for that specific statement about you. I reviewed your Vegace trip report, the sexual consent thread you started and your comments in this one. While there were dozens of insults and disparagements of women in your threads, you yourself only agreed with some of it and made a couple mildly misogynistic comments in the first two.
I had erroneously conflated your instigation and agreement on things with you actually saying them.

In the last one, you have made several disparaging comments about the left, but in a similar tone to many here on either side.

I accept your apology - thanks for admitting your mistake

Quote: beachbumbabs

Quote:

BeachBumBabs - I'm waiting...(oh yeah, and still waiting on the Avenatti gets to see the Feds criminal investigation documents link as well)

I heard the reports the day it happened. It was a Friday, maybe 4 - 5 weeks ago, Southern District of NY, I assume that's federal. The reports included Avenatti sitting there discussing how Cohen's lawyers and other parties tried to keep them (Avenatti/Daniels) out of court and out of the process, but they succeeded in suing for inclusion. The reason he was allowed in was because of the NDA and Cohen having some part in drafting/negotiating/signing/paying for it, and Daniels having some kind of atanding, even though he was not her attorney in 2016. To what depth of access, I don't know, but greater than the general public.

And that's really all I've said about it since the start. So you can stop flooding this thread about it, because I'm done with it. Find your own cites about it if you're that concerned.

WOW - so now it is up to me to prove your point to myself?
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
May 14th, 2018 at 12:42:18 PM permalink

I don't know what your profile states, but you should mention that you're going to be debating your political views with them. Some might be happy with you without wanting to hear about your politics. Some people are fine together without getting into discussions about everything.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
billryan
billryan
May 14th, 2018 at 12:45:25 PM permalink
A first date should be spent talking about your Porshe , summer house, and string of polaponies. Ask her about her family, especially if she has younger sisters.
darkoz
darkoz
May 14th, 2018 at 12:49:22 PM permalink
Try dating a woman for her beauty intelligence and personality

Who cares who she votes for

Kelly Anne Conways husband is openly anti-trump

If political leaning matter in your relationship goals you are severely limiting your choices
aceofspades
aceofspades
May 14th, 2018 at 12:50:37 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

I don't know what your profile states, but you should mention that you're going to be debating your political views with them. Some might be happy with you without wanting to hear about your politics. Some people are fine together without getting into discussions about everything.

In the "About me" section I state, among discussing my hobbies and interests, that I support Trump
aceofspades
aceofspades
May 14th, 2018 at 12:51:54 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Try dating a woman for her beauty intelligence and personality

Who cares who she votes for

Kelly Anne Conways husband is openly anti-trump

If political leaning matter in your relationship goals you are severely limiting your choices

Nowhere in my profile do I state I am disqualifying people for their political leanings - they are writing me to tell me they are disqualifying themselves
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
May 14th, 2018 at 12:59:55 PM permalink

So I have been trying online dating

Congrats for giving it a try
aceofspades
aceofspades
May 14th, 2018 at 1:05:58 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

Congrats for giving it a try

Joined last week and the email I posted was the only email I have received lol
Just disabled my dating profile
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
May 14th, 2018 at 1:06:19 PM permalink

...If political leaning matter in your relationship goals you are severely limiting your choices

In the past, you'd be correct. In the present I completely eliminate anyone from the dating pool that is a trump supporter. Why? Because it speaks volumes of their morals, standards, and ability to be logical. It's a giant red flag of someone I don't want to be in a relationship with.

Do I think telling them off is the right thing to do (either way)? No, of course not. Just swipe left and move on to the next...
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
aceofspades
aceofspades
May 14th, 2018 at 1:12:45 PM permalink
Quote: Romes

In the past, you'd be correct. In the present I completely eliminate anyone from the dating pool that is a trump supporter. Why? Because it speaks volumes of their morals, standards, and ability to be logical. It's a giant red flag of someone I don't want to be in a relationship with.

Do I think telling them off is the right thing to do (either way)? No, of course not. Just swipe left and move on to the next...

Even though you and I differ on our opinions of Trump - I applaud that you are here openly debating it - you are not just writing a rant and saying "**** you" to everyone then blocking them from replying to you

Ps--I think your statement that "it speaks volumes of their morals, standards, and ability to be logical" should be amended so that it states:

"it speaks volumes as to how I perceive their morals, standards, and ability to be logical"

Just my 2¢
Romes
Romes
May 14th, 2018 at 1:15:58 PM permalink

Even though you and I differ on our opinions of Trump - I applaud that you are here openly debating it - you are not just writing a rant and saying "**** you" to everyone then blocking them from replying to you

Ps--I think your statement that "it speaks volumes of their morals, standards, and ability to be logical" should be amended so that it states:

"it speaks volumes as to how I perceive their morals, standards, and ability to be logical"

Just my 2¢

Agree to disagree =). I thought about adding that and intentionally left it out as there is black and white evidence (audio, video, text, you name it) and it should be common knowledge. The prosecution rests =P.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
May 14th, 2018 at 1:18:48 PM permalink

LOL, I don't know why you say things like this. You guys blamed (credited) his hurricane Sandy response for his 2012 win, but now say he wouldn't of gone and responded to Puerto Rico. You have to make a little sense if you want to be taken seriously, right?

I guarantee Obama would've at least dunked the paper towels.

Bob specifically said he only posts for himself, and does not care to be taken seriously. He flat out does not care what you or I or anyone else on the forum thinks of him or his outlandish posts. I 100% believe Obama would have diverted more resources (meaning borrowing more money) to give to the citizens of Puerto Rico. It's not his money, why wouldn't he?
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
May 14th, 2018 at 1:22:28 PM permalink
Ace, that is simply the acceptable way to be insulting. Generally, not personally.

But you ace, you can go suck on a cucumber.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
May 14th, 2018 at 1:25:46 PM permalink

And I disqualify anyone who was a Hillary supporter, as they supported someone who just took advantage of the status of their husband to advance. You want to be stuck with someone who thinks because you married a guy who became President you yourself now magically become qualified in the political arena? I laugh at all the people who mock Trump because he turned his dad's millions into his own billions, but laud Hillary who WOULD HAVE BEEN A NOBODY had she not married Bill, and stayed married to him while he banged any young girl who caught the twinkle in his eye.

(But I agree with you about the Trump supporter as well... I find it hard to stomach either a Trump or Clinton supporter)
billryan
billryan
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
May 14th, 2018 at 1:40:26 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

And I disqualify anyone who was a Hillary supporter, as they supported someone who just took advantage of the status of their husband to advance. You want to be stuck with someone who thinks because you married a guy who became President you yourself now magically become qualified in the political arena? I laugh at all the people who mock Trump because he turned his dad's millions into his own billions, but laud Hillary who WOULD HAVE BEEN A NOBODY had she not married Bill, and stayed married to him while he banged any young girl who caught the twinkle in his eye.

(But I agree with you about the Trump supporter as well... I find it hard to stomach either a Trump or Clinton supporter)

Yes, because women who graduate near the top of their class from elite colleges and get law degrees from Yale never amount to anything unless they marry the right man, eh? Because, unlike many people, she took her marriage vows seriously and worked through the bad patches. Who would ever want that sort of woman as a marriage/dating partner.
Romes
Romes
May 14th, 2018 at 1:43:51 PM permalink

If I haven't mentioned enough before, just an FYI, I wasn't a hillary supporter... however I did believe she was the lesser of 2 evils as she was (compared to trump) leaps and bounds more qualified. Also, both hillary and bill were huge political activists / etc when they were younger, so who's to say whether or not she wouldn't have had some kind of career in politics or not.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
May 14th, 2018 at 1:46:36 PM permalink

And I disqualify anyone who was a Hillary supporter, as they supported someone who just took advantage of the status of their husband to advance.

I'm the first to note someone who was given a big head start in life over a lot of people (like Trump was) but I don't expect people not to try to take advantage of their head starts. Unless it's some illegal advantage, like your dad is a mob boss.

All Trump's initial advantages aren't even in the reasons why I would even begin to not vote for him. They just give me a reason to question when people call him self-made or some other ridiculous claim they make about him.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
darkoz
darkoz
May 14th, 2018 at 1:59:54 PM permalink

Being NYS senator is definitely not a qualification that can beat someone who has never had a political office

Makes total sense

Certainly lawyers should be hired the same way. Working for the NY AG is definitely not as good as hiring someone without a law degree to represent you

We should all make our choices for professionals this way
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 14th, 2018 at 2:12:05 PM permalink

I laugh at all the people who mock Trump because he turned his dad's millions into his own billions,

I've said this before, I don't get this
line of thinking. Rockefeller became
the richest man in the world on borrowed
money. He got it first from his father,
and later borrowed huge amounts from
banks to grow his empire.

He bragged that he never risked a dime
of his own money in building Standard
Oil, he did it all on others risking their
money. He was like Trump in that he
was a master at the art of persuasion,
he had a total belief in himself and what
he could do.

People who hate Trump like to forget
what a phenom this guy is. He became
president totally without a political record,
he won on the strength of his personality
alone. It's a huge achievement that nobody
will ever match.
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 14th, 2018 at 2:13:52 PM permalink

Being NYS senator is definitely not a qualification

Not for Her, anyway. It's an office that
was basically given to Her because
of Bill. She did nothing noteworthy as
a senator, zero.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
May 14th, 2018 at 2:14:39 PM permalink

The AG for many years was a Republican, part of Pataki and Senator Potholes clic.

Maybe that's why he prosecuted D'Amato endeavors like one of his charities as well a major client, eh? Schneiderman has been a confirmed Democrat for more than 20 years, hailing from the one of the most solid Democratic districts in the country, the Upper West Side of Manhattan.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1494
Thanked by
aceofspades
May 14th, 2018 at 2:15:39 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

But you ace, you can go suck on a cucumber.

Personal insult -- three days.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Steverinos
Steverinos
May 14th, 2018 at 2:24:12 PM permalink

he turned his dad's millions into his own billions

So he says...
Steverinos
Steverinos
May 14th, 2018 at 2:25:20 PM permalink

Bob specifically said he only posts for himself

Sounds more suitable for a personal journal than a public forum discussing current events.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
SanchoPanza
May 14th, 2018 at 2:42:50 PM permalink

Yes, because women who graduate near the top of their class from elite colleges and get law degrees from Yale never amount to anything unless they marry the right man, eh? Because, unlike many people, she took her marriage vows seriously and worked through the bad patches. Who would ever want that sort of woman as a marriage/dating partner.

Hillary would have amounted to nothing if not for Bill, no matter where in her class she graduated. She has no personality and is completely unlikable. She thinks everything is supposed to be handed to her and nothing is ever her fault. She cost Bill his first re-election as governor. They had to coach her on how to do personal grooming and talk to people.

As to marriage vows, all she did is accept humiliation year after year to be Mrs. Bill Clinton. Are you old enough to remember the old "Dallas" TV series? The Sue Ellen character made the same deal with JR. Fool around all you want, but you present ME as your wife! Was the same with Hillary.

Who would not want that sort of woman as a dating/marriage partner? Me for one, probably half the males in America as well.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Thanked by
SanchoPanza
May 14th, 2018 at 2:48:30 PM permalink

I was a tad overboard.... Hillary is obviously an extremely bright, well educated woman. I laugh at the 'took her marriage vows seriously' line, as to me that is not what the vows are all about. If I was cheating on my wife or GF I would HOPE they would dump me. Once you have lost trust there is nothing left.

I stand by my comment that she accomplishes NOTHING in the political arena if she does not marry Bill. And she stayed married because she was in the political arena.
billryan
billryan
May 14th, 2018 at 2:52:02 PM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

Maybe that's why he prosecuted D'Amato endeavors like one of his charities as well a major client, eh? Schneiderman has been a confirmed Democrat for more than 20 years, hailing from the one of the most solid Democratic districts in the country, the Upper West Side of Manhattan.

I started to reply, but then realize I have no idea what you are trying to say here.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
May 14th, 2018 at 2:52:21 PM permalink

If I haven't mentioned enough before, just an FYI, I wasn't a hillary supporter... however I did believe she was the lesser of 2 evils as she was (compared to trump) leaps and bounds more qualified. Also, both hillary and bill were huge political activists / etc when they were younger, so who's to say whether or not she wouldn't have had some kind of career in politics or not.

I know. And I am not a Trump supporter. However, I did believe he was the lesser of two evils even if he isn't more qualified' than her. Not enough to vote for him though. And of course you may be right that HR without the C might have accomplished something politically, I just doubt it. Bill was likeable, Hillary never so.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
May 14th, 2018 at 2:55:58 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

I'm the first to note someone who was given a big head start in life over a lot of people (like Trump was) but I don't expect people not to try to take advantage of their head starts. Unless it's some illegal advantage, like your dad is a mob boss.

Of course you are right. There are a bunch of professional golfers whose parents were also pros. That doesn't mean the kid didn't need to put in the 8 hours a day on the practice range and putting greens. And no guarantee of success. But clearly the advantage of the best teachers, equipment, mindset, etc...
Steverinos
Steverinos
May 14th, 2018 at 2:57:00 PM permalink

Bill was likeable, Hillary never so.

Hillary was wildly popular when Obama nominated her to SOS, with an approval rating in the mid 60s. Then Republicans engaged in their typical smear campaign, even admitting that the Benghazi investigation was an attempt to bring her approvals down in anticipation that she would run for president. Then the fake news and Russians got involved and enough people fell for it.
darkoz
darkoz
May 14th, 2018 at 2:57:53 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Hillary would have amounted to nothing if not for Bill, no matter where in her class she graduated. She has no personality and is completely unlikable. She thinks everything is supposed to be handed to her and nothing is ever her fault. She cost Bill his first re-election as governor. They had to coach her on how to do personal grooming and talk to people.

As to marriage vows, all she did is accept humiliation year after year to be Mrs. Bill Clinton. Are you old enough to remember the old "Dallas" TV series? The Sue Ellen character made the same deal with JR. Fool around all you want, but you present ME as your wife! Was the same with Hillary.

Who would not want that sort of woman as a dating/marriage partner? Me for one, probably half the males in America as well.

AZ

Lets just say we agree Hillary just accepted humiliation year after year to be Mrs Bill Clinton

Because her husband slept around and she didnt leave Bill especially while he was president

Please without being condescending (both me asking and you answering) what makes Melania different?

Her husband is grabbing womens crotches (his words - actually he used a more explicit phrase) and he is sleeping with multiple porn stars during their marriage

Please dont say the latter is fake because that is just a convenient copout.

Even if you dont want to believe stormy daniels and all the other women assume it is true for the sake of this rational argument

What makes Melania different as far as being a woman half the males in America wouldnt want?

P.S. her beauty notwithstanding yes she is prettier than Clinton and men have desired plenty for beauty. I am asking in terms of what you stated. 50% Of the men would not want a wife who accepted their husbands philandering

Once again I ask this in a very polite way. I am hoping for an intelligent and polite response

Thank you, Darkoz
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
May 14th, 2018 at 3:02:02 PM permalink

AZ

Lets just say we agree Hillary just accepted humiliation year after year to be Mrs Bill Clinton

Because her husband slept around and she didnt leave Bill especially while he was president

Please without being condescending (both me asking and you answering) what makes Melania different?

Her husband is grabbing womens crotches (his words - actually he used a more explicit phrase) and he is sleeping with multiple porn stars during their marriage

Nothing different. It becomes relevant if Melania decides to run for President. As of now she is just another in a long line of women who married for money, maybe power and prestige, and is willing to accept the now public humiliation on a daily basis.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
May 14th, 2018 at 3:04:48 PM permalink

AZ

P.S. her beauty notwithstanding yes she is prettier than Clinton and men have desired plenty for beauty. I am asking in terms of what you stated. 50% Of the men would not want a wife who accepted their husbands philandering

Most women are better looking than Hillary. But what makes Melania "different" is Melania is not using her Trump name to further a personal career and at the same time act as if it is all her. Remember Hillary in 2012 and saying, "I was right there!" as a claim of experience?

I stand by it, 50% of men would not tolerate Hillary to date her let alone marry her. She is too self-centered and always mad or miserable. She demands everything yet brings nothing to the table. My stock statement when I meet a younger version of her is, "She will make someone a nice ex-wife one day!"
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
May 14th, 2018 at 3:07:42 PM permalink

Hillary was wildly popular when Obama nominated her to SOS, with an approval rating in the mid 60s. Then Republicans engaged in their typical smear campaign, even admitting that the Benghazi investigation was an attempt to bring her approvals down in anticipation that she would run for president. Then the fake news and Russians got involved and enough people fell for it.

Hillary was never wildly popular. From 1992 her negatives were always high. She ironically had the most support when Bill was making a fool of her.

Benghazi showed just who she is. When the "3 AM Call!" came she said, "just blame a YouTube video and let me go back to sleep!"
darkoz
darkoz
May 14th, 2018 at 3:17:04 PM permalink

Nothing different. It becomes relevant if Melania decides to run for President. As of now she is just another in a long line of women who married for money, maybe power and prestige, and is willing to accept the now public humiliation on a daily basis.

Well at least we are spared the running for president of Melania

While not Kenya, I think we all agree her birth certificate was not issued in the US

Although it wont surprise me if righties now start saying Melania is qualified because we already had a president born in Kenya

Nothing surprises me anymore with righties
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
May 14th, 2018 at 3:25:57 PM permalink

I started to reply, but then realize I have no idea what you are trying to say here.

Let's see how anyone can say that Schneiderman was in the Republican clique when he has been nothing but a devoted leftist for decades.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
May 14th, 2018 at 3:27:08 PM permalink

Melania

While not Kenya, I think we all agree her birth certificate was not issued in the US

You are being silly. Everyone knows she was born in Hawaii.....
Steverinos
Steverinos
May 14th, 2018 at 3:33:48 PM permalink

Hillary was never wildly popular.

65% in 2009 in an evenly divided country is popular.

Benghazi revealed more about the Republican Party than it did about Hillary.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
May 14th, 2018 at 3:35:35 PM permalink

65% in 2009 in an evenly divided country is popular.

Approval <> "Popular." If she was that popular she would have had the nomination in a walk.

Quote:

Benghazi revealed more about the Republican Party than it did about Hillary.

Yes, it showed the GOP cared about our diplomats far more than Hillary ever did.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
May 14th, 2018 at 3:36:45 PM permalink

AZ

Please dont say the latter is fake because that is just a convenient copout.

Even if you dont want to believe stormy daniels and all the other women assume it is true for the sake of this rational argument

What makes Melania different as far as being a woman half the males in America wouldnt want?

Once again I ask this in a very polite way. I am hoping for an intelligent and polite response

Thank you, Darkoz

I’ll take the liberal stance on this one, for a sec:

OMG DEFLECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!! Durrrrrr
Steverinos
Steverinos
May 14th, 2018 at 3:38:32 PM permalink

Yes, it showed the GOP cared about our diplomats far more than Hillary ever did.

No, it showed that they are capable of politicizing the death of our diplomats for political gain.
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 14th, 2018 at 3:48:18 PM permalink

Well at least we are spared the running for president of Melania

Why all the confusion. Hillary married
Bill because he would advance her
politically, Melania married Trump
for his money. This is a what many
ambitious women have done since
the dawn of time. Rich men do it with