Thread Rating:

ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
April 13th, 2018 at 5:16:54 PM permalink
Michael Cohen is screwed.

There is reporting that Mueller has evidence that he was in Prague in 2016, as reported in THE DOSSIER.

Cohen has denied ever being in Prague, with this all-time-classic tweet:

Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
April 13th, 2018 at 6:29:45 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

From a Marketwatch interview:

"Bernie really was a successful businessman with quite original insights into the market, and he's continued applying his business instincts in prison. At one point, he cornered the hot chocolate market. He bought up every package of Swiss Miss from the commissary and sold it for a profit in the prison yard. He monopolized hot chocolate! He made it so that if you wanted any, you had to go through Bernie."

That's why he ended up in the hospital.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
April 14th, 2018 at 7:51:51 AM permalink
"Mission Accomplished" in Syria.

So much deja vu right now.

Glad I'm not in the Army anymore.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
April 14th, 2018 at 8:50:11 AM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

"Mission Accomplished" in Syria.

So much deja vu right now.

Glad I'm not in the Army anymore.

Its very complicated over there
This short video really does a great job of explaining how complicated this has become
Bottom line. Its a total clusterf**k over there
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
TigerWu
TigerWu
April 14th, 2018 at 9:11:50 AM permalink
Good video, thanks....

What a mess. That looks way worse than Iraq, politically speaking.
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 29
April 14th, 2018 at 12:00:25 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

There is reporting that Mueller has evidence that he was in Prague in 2016, as reported in THE DOSSIER.

Yeah, and that passport cover is his proof! What an idiot. So has there been anything in the dossier that has been proven false yet?
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
April 14th, 2018 at 4:05:48 PM permalink
What's the verdict on Syria?
Do we want to get involved in this clusterf**k
Interestingly conservatives over at Fox are divided
Hannity totally supports the President
Tucker and Ingraham question the strategy

My view. Don't get involved. Its a civil war. Let it play out
Its a bit of a risk to stay out. Iran and Russia having more influence in the area with Syria on their side
This is one of the consequences of taking out Saddam, gives Iran much more influence in the area

We already screwed the middle east enough upending the balance of power.
Might as well stay out now

Curious, conservatives on this board are silent regarding Syria
What do you all think? Agree with Hannity and Trump? I certainly don't.
Or agree with Alex Jones who is totally against involvement
Is Trump blowing it? Did the attack accomplish anything?
What's the end game
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
billryan
billryan
April 14th, 2018 at 4:49:51 PM permalink
Blowing up a couple of buildings days after you telegraphed the attack will certainly accomplish a lot.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
April 14th, 2018 at 6:29:51 PM permalink
I heard something that is more than a bit disturbing.

It is said this isn't the first time Assad used chlorine gas against his enemies; it is reported that we know of at least thirty prior uses in the past couple of years.

OK, so why then did Trump suddenly get morally outraged about it?

The cynic in me says he did it to distract from the political and legal mess he caused himself which otherwise has been front page news.
"What, me worry?"
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
April 14th, 2018 at 8:17:36 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

What's the verdict on Syria?
Do we want to get involved in this clusterf**k
Interestingly conservatives over at Fox are divided
Hannity totally supports the President
Tucker and Ingraham question the strategy

From the simplest standpoint, Assad may cut back on using chemical weapons. Syrian's will continue to die from other means.

What other ramifications may result is hard to say.

I'm guessing the Russians may make a move somewhere in the world violating some agreement as a counter. Where or what I don't know.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
ams288
ams288
April 15th, 2018 at 6:04:27 AM permalink
Donald is having a twitter meltdown this morning.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
April 15th, 2018 at 6:29:16 AM permalink
If it was generic President and not Trump it would be easier to analyze. If we could actually believe that we have a policy that we will always intervene when "illegal" chemical weapons are used, then our response would clearly be the correct one. I don't think this was done as a distraction technique, especially with Britain and France involved. But why do I feel if the Hutus and Tutsis are poisoning each other daily we aren't intervening? 500 schoolgirls are kidnapped periodically in Nigeria and we do what? Plenty of human rights atrocities that we seem to ignore easily.

With what information I have, I am for the attacks as done.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
April 15th, 2018 at 6:46:56 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

If it was generic President and not Trump it would be easier to analyze. If we could actually believe that we have a policy that we will always intervene when "illegal" chemical weapons are used, then our response would clearly be the correct one. I don't think this was done as a distraction technique, especially with Britain and France involved. But why do I feel if the Hutus and Tutsis are poisoning each other daily we aren't intervening? 500 schoolgirls are kidnapped periodically in Nigeria and we do what? Plenty of human rights atrocities that we seem to ignore easily.

With what information I have, I am for the attacks as done.

Just a theory

With the Russia investigation trump and putin need a reasonable argument they are not colluding - but putin wont allow trump to attack russian territory - so putin coaxes and uses assad into chemical weapons attack so assads country gets the bombs
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Homelessnyc
Homelessnyc
  • Threads: 5
April 15th, 2018 at 6:57:28 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Just a theory

The word you are looking for is hypothesis.
darkoz
darkoz
April 15th, 2018 at 7:08:47 AM permalink
Quote: Homelessnyc

The word you are looking for is hypothesis.

No its not although they are synonyms

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/theory
Homelessnyc
Homelessnyc
April 15th, 2018 at 7:17:30 AM permalink

No its not although they are synonyms

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/theory

If you think they are synonyms i feel bad for you. There is a world filled with scientists who will diaagree.

Edit: you should read your sources better because your link supports me not you. Lol
darkoz
darkoz
April 15th, 2018 at 7:28:22 AM permalink

If you think they are synonyms i feel bad for you. There is a world filled with scientists who will diaagree.

Edit: you should read your sources better because your link supports me not you. Lol

Yes you know better than the dictionary

https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&client=ms-android-virgin-us&source=android-browser&q=theory+definition

Top synonym = guess what word hmm?
Homelessnyc
Homelessnyc
April 15th, 2018 at 7:37:50 AM permalink

Yes you know better than the dictionary

https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&client=ms-android-virgin-us&source=android-browser&q=theory+definition

Top synonym = guess what word hmm?

Next time you go to court and tell the judge your defense is based on google cites.

Like i said your first link supports me:

Synonym Discussion of theory
hypothesis, theory, law mean a formula derived by inference from scientific data that explains a principle operating in nature. hypothesis implies insufficient evidence to provide more than a tentative explanation. ⟨a hypothesis explaining the extinction of the dinosaurs⟩ theory implies a greater range of evidence and greater likelihood of truth. ⟨the theory of evolution⟩ law implies a statement of order and relation in nature that has been found to be invariable under the same conditions. ⟨the law of gravitation⟩

Keep going i love laughing at your jokes.
darkoz
darkoz
April 15th, 2018 at 7:57:02 AM permalink

Next time you go to court and tell the judge your defense is based on google cites.

Like i said your first link supports me:

Synonym Discussion of theory
hypothesis, theory, law mean a formula derived by inference from scientific data that explains a principle operating in nature. hypothesis implies insufficient evidence to provide more than a tentative explanation. ⟨a hypothesis explaining the extinction of the dinosaurs⟩ theory implies a greater range of evidence and greater likelihood of truth. ⟨the theory of evolution⟩ law implies a statement of order and relation in nature that has been found to be invariable under the same conditions. ⟨the law of gravitation⟩

Keep going i love laughing at your jokes.

Now who has nonsense answers? Every answer you are given has to be prepped in the legal sense as if we are making court appearances? Or more obviously you must now discredit the dictionary by making this a court case high standard since I clearly proved you wrong

Oops my bad sorry i had to do that old man

Btw you quoted nothing in the link I supplied

How about this directly quoted:

Definition of theory

plural theories
1 : a plausible or scientifically acceptable general principle or body of principles offered to explain phenomena the wave theory of light
2 a : a belief, policy, or procedure proposed or followed as the basis of action her method is based on the theory that all children want to learn
b : an ideal or hypothetical set of facts, principles, or circumstances —often used in the phrase in theory in theory, we have always advocated freedom for all
3 a : a hypothesis assumed for the sake of argument or investigation

However, there are two senses of theory which are sometimes troublesome. These are the senses which are defined as “a plausible or scientifically acceptable general principle or body of principles offered to explain phenomena” and “an unproven assumption; conjecture.” The second of these is occasionally misapplied in cases where the former is meant, as when a particular scientific theory is derided as "just a theory," implying that it is no more than speculation or conjecture. One may certainly disagree with scientists regarding their theories, but it is an inaccurate interpretation of language to regard their use of the word as implying a tentative hypothesis; the scientific use of theory is quite different than the speculative use of the word.
Homelessnyc
Homelessnyc
April 15th, 2018 at 9:25:14 AM permalink

since I clearly proved you wrong.

That is the funniest thing yet.

This is why you can't have a legitimate converstation with a liberal.

So brainwashed to believe your own nonsense even when time after time you have been proven wrong.

Ps it's never to late to get a education old man. Doesn't speak highly for you and your family getting played by WoV.
darkoz
darkoz
April 15th, 2018 at 9:28:18 AM permalink

That is the funniest thing yet.

This is why you can't have a legitimate converstation with a liberal.

So brainwashed to believe your own nonsense even when time after time you have been proven wrong.

Ps it's never to late to get a education old man. Doesn't speak highly for you and your family getting played by WoV.

Yep republicans

After fake news and lying have no choice but to resort to insults

Love how you keep proving me correct with your protestations
Homelessnyc
Homelessnyc
April 15th, 2018 at 9:33:45 AM permalink

Yep republicans

Love how you keep proving me correct with your protestations

You havent proven anything. Still funny you believe that. Now i have to stop because your dragging me down to your level and will beat with your experience.

Learn to take a joke. Oh wait that's your line for everytime you get put up agaisnt facts.

In all seriousness please either seek help or education.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
April 15th, 2018 at 2:25:38 PM permalink
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/david-buckel-protest-suicide-brooklyn-park_us_5ad2858fe4b077c89ce9335b

And some on here say the right is unhinged, lol.

Great point you made jackass. Love the carbon footprint you left.
darkoz
darkoz
April 15th, 2018 at 2:35:53 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/david-buckel-protest-suicide-brooklyn-park_us_5ad2858fe4b077c89ce9335b

And some on here say the right is unhinged, lol.

Great point you made jackass. Love the carbon footprint you left.

Yes some people on the left unhinged too

Wow smh.
billryan
billryan
April 15th, 2018 at 2:42:16 PM permalink
Jim Jordan, leader of the far right wing of the House GOP seems to be admitting Trump obstructed justice but is claiming he was tricked into it.

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-tricked-obstruction-justice-firing-comey-gop-congressman-conspiracy-886300
Boz
Boz
April 15th, 2018 at 2:45:18 PM permalink

Yes some people on the left unhinged too

Wow smh.

Yea but he truly was an “Environmentalist Whacko” and will be the poster child for the saying, for this week at least until another upstages him.
billryan
billryan
Thanked by
petroglyph
April 15th, 2018 at 2:58:52 PM permalink
Yeah, why couldn't he be normal like the sixty or so people who kill themselves with a gun each day. I never heard of this guy and know nothing about him but anyone that has the courage of his convictions and is willing to die for his cause without hurting anyone else has my respect.
Boz
Boz
April 15th, 2018 at 3:10:33 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Yeah, why couldn't he be normal like the sixty or so people who kill themselves with a gun each day. I never heard of this guy and know nothing about him but anyone that has the courage of his convictions and is willing to die for his cause without hurting anyone else has my respect.

I have to say Bill, with all due respect, you having respect for him is sad. Much better to make fun of it like I am and show the futility in his death, along with anyone else selfish enough to commit Suicide. Maybe he had no one that cared for him, but odds are there people who loved him hurting today. And why, what did he prove?

What did Andy Warhol say about fame?
rxwine
rxwine
April 15th, 2018 at 5:36:24 PM permalink

I have to say Bill, with all due respect, you having respect for him is sad. Much better to make fun of it like I am and show the futility in his death, along with anyone else selfish enough to commit Suicide. Maybe he had no one that cared for him, but odds are there people who loved him hurting today. And why, what did he prove?

Dress like a hooker and pretend you're a star.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
billryan
billryan
April 15th, 2018 at 5:58:29 PM permalink

I can understand how someone who measures success by revenue and possessions can feel like that.

Self-immolation is an act of killing oneself as a sacrifice. While usage since the 1960s has typically referred only to setting oneself on fire, the term historically refers to a much wider range of suicidal options, such as leaping off a cliff, starvation, or seppuku (also called harakiri — ritual disembowelment). Self-immolation is often used as a form of protest or for the purposes of martyrdom. It has centuries-long traditions in some cultures, while in modern times it has become a type of radical political protest. Michael Biggs compiled a list of 533 "self-immolations" reported by Western media from the 1950s to 2002, using the general definition (not just by fire), and including any intentional suicide "on behalf of a collective cause". From wiki.

From the old monks in Vietnam, to the young monks in Tibet, to this man, they are choosing to use their deaths to promote a cause they truly think is worth dying for. Some people get it, some don't. Life's too short to argue with folks blinded by their own short-sightedness.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
April 15th, 2018 at 6:57:25 PM permalink

One more item of unsourced "reporting" that was rapidly debunked. And again with no update hereabouts.
billryan
billryan
April 15th, 2018 at 6:59:51 PM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

One more item of unsourced "reporting" that was rapidly debunked. And again with no update hereabouts.

I have not seen this debunked. Have a link?
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
April 15th, 2018 at 7:00:20 PM permalink

Like this one from Loretta Lynch calling Jim Comey a liar:
"I have known James Comey almost 30 years. Throughout his time as Director we spoke regularly about some of the most sensitive issues in law enforcement and national security. If he had any concerns regarding the email investigation, classified or not, he had ample opportunities to raise them with me both privately and in meetings. He never did."
ams288
ams288
April 15th, 2018 at 7:02:14 PM permalink

I have not seen this debunked. Have a link?

I haven't seen it debunked either. Hopefully he will provide the link. But I won't be holding my breath.
billryan
billryan
April 15th, 2018 at 7:14:13 PM permalink

Like this one from Loretta Lynch calling Jim Comey a liar:
"I have known James Comey almost 30 years. Throughout his time as Director we spoke regularly about some of the most sensitive issues in law enforcement and national security. If he had any concerns regarding the email investigation, classified or not, he had ample opportunities to raise them with me both privately and in meetings. He never did."

I'm confused. Comey said he didn't discuss it with her. She says she didn't discuss it with him. How is that calling him a liar? Please explain.
darkoz
darkoz
April 15th, 2018 at 7:31:40 PM permalink

I'm confused. Comey said he didn't discuss it with her. She says she didn't discuss it with him. How is that calling him a liar? Please explain.

I think he's just tilting at windmills
(Sorry sanchopanza)
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
April 15th, 2018 at 8:20:26 PM permalink

If no here remembers how Comey testified under oath about Lynch's instructions on the case, that is no big surprise.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
April 15th, 2018 at 8:43:53 PM permalink

I haven't seen it debunked either. Hopefully he will provide the link. But I won't be holding my breath.

Oh, you can hold your breath all you want.
Fromthe Atlantic, followed by a tweet from none than Jake Tappper:
Cohen said that during the time the report places him in Prague, he was actually with his son visiting USC and meeting with the baseball coach. A USC baseball source confirmed Tuesday night that Cohen and his son had visited USC on August 29th. Cohen said that he was in Los Angeles from the 23rd through the 29th of August, and that the rest of the month he was in New York. He said that his only trip to an EU country over the summer had been a vacation to Italy in July. In one instance, the dossier places the alleged Prague travel in "August/September 2016." Cohen said he was in New York for the entire month of September.

Cohen also tweeted a photo of his passport: “I have never been to Prague in my life. #fakenews.”
-------

Jake Tapper

@jaketapper

Government source confirms different Michael Cohen was in Prague http://snpy.tv/2jvhQZX
7:22 AM - Jan 11, 2017

2,668 people are talking about this
billryan
billryan
April 15th, 2018 at 8:59:10 PM permalink
How can one argue with logic like that?
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
April 15th, 2018 at 10:17:28 PM permalink

How can one argue with logic like that?

With any sort of factual evidence of Cohen's being in Prague. Like cellphone locator records, security videos or even hotel records. For a police force that runs around at 3 and 5 a.m. bashing in the doors of people cooperating in its investigation, that shouldn't be a major task at all.
billryan
billryan
April 15th, 2018 at 10:32:45 PM permalink

With any sort of factual evidence of Cohen's being in Prague. Like cellphone locator records, security videos or even hotel records. For a police force that runs around at 3 and 5 a.m. bashing in the doors of people cooperating in its investigation, that shouldn't be a major task at all.

It's an investigation. Mueller will show his cards when he shows them. If Mueller says he was there and Cohen says he wasn't, I'll believe Mueller but want to see the evidence. You seem to be saying because Cohen denied it, its been debunked. If they produce evidence he was there and his passport doesn't confirm it, he is in a world of trouble. Not that he isn't already.
rxwine
rxwine
April 15th, 2018 at 10:47:17 PM permalink

It's an investigation. Mueller will show his cards when he shows them. If Mueller says he was there and Cohen says he wasn't, I'll believe Mueller but want to see the evidence. You seem to be saying because Cohen denied it, its been debunked. If they produce evidence he was there and his passport doesn't confirm it, he is in a world of trouble. Not that he isn't already.

I've yet to hear someone caught up in this investigation was dismissed for lack of evidence. It's been pretty consistent so far. I'd say the smart money bet is on Mueller.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
Thanked by
RogerKint
April 16th, 2018 at 1:32:27 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

....My view. Don't get involved. Its a civil war. Let it play out
Its a bit of a risk to stay out. Iran and Russia having more influence in the area with Syria on their side
This is one of the consequences of taking out Saddam, gives Iran much more influence in the area

I don't think there ever was a civil war. This was planned long ago. https://www.globalresearch.ca/we-re-going-to-take-out-7-countries-in-5-years-iraq-syria-lebanon-libya-somalia-sudan-iran/5166

Trump says last week, getting out soon reallllllllll soon. A week later the elected president of Syria, Bashar Al Assad supposedly is stupid enough to use chem weapons, to kill or injure forty people, and bring the fury of the entire west on him, for doing just this?

This destruction in Syria also takes the attention away from Theresa May and her accusation that the Russians used Novichok chem weapon against the Skripals in the U.K, supposedly off the door handle. Or maybe it was the toilet seat?

Russia has asked for the poison to be tested : https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-04-14/independent-swiss-lab-says-bz-toxin-used-skripal-poisoning-usuk-produced-not.

Russians say there was no gas attack in Douma. They had Dr's at the closest hospital, no one came in with symptoms, and asked for the UN body of chemical weapons inspectors the OCPW to inspect. The inspectors were hours away, before this strike. Not sure they aren't compromised either? The head of the OCPW had a run in with Bolton a few years ago.

Quote:

We already screwed the middle east enough upending the balance of power.
Might as well stay out now

We can't. The balance has tipped, to invested and in debt to not defend the petrodollar at any cost. Or blame it on the pipeline on NG through Syria and on to Europe to compete with Russia for who sells energy to the E.U.

We have absolutely no reason to be assisting SA in the demolition of Yemen either, but that doesn't stop us. We are balls deep.

Quote:

What do you all think?

Cruise around here for a bit, https://www.mintpressnews.com/order-returns-to-western-syria-civilians-recount-horrors-rebel-rule/232380/ and see if you think Assad wants to gas 40 people and bring the world down on him now, just as Trump wants to go?
TigerWu
TigerWu
April 16th, 2018 at 8:28:24 AM permalink
The Middle East has been upended since the 14th century.

The U.S. was just fashionably late to the party.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
April 16th, 2018 at 10:38:21 AM permalink

In his time as special counsel or even in the two years of the entire investigation, there has not been much of an effort to hide cards, what with all the leaks. The State Department has said that another Michael Cohen was in Prague during the supposed time of the alleged meeting. And CNN said they checked on that and accepted it as factual. Two "ifs" in the next to last sentence do not do more than square the speculation.
darkoz
darkoz
April 16th, 2018 at 10:58:20 AM permalink

In his time as special counsel or even in the two years of the entire investigation, there has not been much of an effort to hide cards, what with all the leaks. The State Department has said that another Michael Cohen was in Prague during the supposed time of the alleged meeting. And CNN said they checked on that and accepted it as factual. Two "ifs" in the next to last sentence do not do more than square the speculation.

Continuing to ignore the news isnt going to help your boy

Judges have seen the accusations and signed off on his paperwork being seized.

Your boy is going down

Lock em up
MAGA!!!
billryan
billryan
April 16th, 2018 at 11:01:21 AM permalink

Hookay.
ams288
ams288
April 16th, 2018 at 11:22:57 AM permalink

Oh, you can hold your breath all you want.
Fromthe Atlantic, followed by a tweet from none than Jake Tappper:
Cohen said that during the time the report places him in Prague, he was actually with his son visiting USC and meeting with the baseball coach. A USC baseball source confirmed Tuesday night that Cohen and his son had visited USC on August 29th. Cohen said that he was in Los Angeles from the 23rd through the 29th of August, and that the rest of the month he was in New York. He said that his only trip to an EU country over the summer had been a vacation to Italy in July. In one instance, the dossier places the alleged Prague travel in "August/September 2016." Cohen said he was in New York for the entire month of September.

Cohen also tweeted a photo of his passport: “I have never been to Prague in my life. #fakenews.”
-------

Jake Tapper

@jaketapper

Government source confirms different Michael Cohen was in Prague http://snpy.tv/2jvhQZX
7:22 AM - Jan 11, 2017

2,668 people are talking about this

Your evidence is from JANUARY 2017? When the dossier was first published?

The McClatchy story that Mueller has evidence Cohen was in Prague was from LAST WEEK. You said it had been debunked. It has not.

Try again. (And learn how to format stuff properly).
ams288
ams288
Thanked by
Romes
April 16th, 2018 at 11:59:58 AM permalink
LOLOLOL

Michael Cohen's lawyers were fighting hard to prevent the court from disclosing Cohen's third client that he worked for in 2017-18.

The judge wasn't having it. She forced them to disclose the third client.

It's Sean Hannity.
billryan
billryan
April 16th, 2018 at 12:01:33 PM permalink
Now it turns out Sean Hannity is involved. Interesting. Why would he need a fixer?
  • Jump to: