Thread Rating:

Fleaswatter
Fleaswatter
  • Threads: 10
December 27th, 2018 at 7:06:55 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

So Donny leaves the country and stocks soar.

Quote:

When it becomes obvious he isn't defecting and will return, the market drops some 500. Way to go.

Hmmm, what market are you watching? The Dow closed up 260.37 today.
Premature criticizing?
new motto for the left: “I don't know if I received bad information, but I think I suspected there was more than there actually was,” (John Brennan Mar 25, 2019)
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
December 27th, 2018 at 7:29:18 PM permalink
Quote: Fleaswatter

Hmmm, what market are you watching? The Dow closed up 260.37 today.
Premature criticizing?

A lot of men suffer from premature speculation
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Fleaswatter
Fleaswatter
December 27th, 2018 at 7:51:06 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

A lot of men suffer from premature speculation

LOL, that was good ;-)
new motto for the left: “I don't know if I received bad information, but I think I suspected there was more than there actually was,” (John Brennan Mar 25, 2019)
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 29
December 27th, 2018 at 8:52:24 PM permalink
So.... apparently Robert Mueller has a nude selfie of someone.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
December 27th, 2018 at 9:05:13 PM permalink
Quote: rsactuary

Putin
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
December 27th, 2018 at 9:45:36 PM permalink
Quote: rsactuary

Trump?

Clearly showing the size of his... ahem

Hands
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 213
December 28th, 2018 at 12:00:48 AM permalink
delete for now
Last edited by: rxwine on Dec 28, 2018
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
RS
RS
Thanked by
aceofspades
December 29th, 2018 at 5:56:05 AM permalink
I've had it up to here (raises hand into air gesture) with the Drumpf administration! First he wants to "protect" our border from illegal immigration. That's clearly racist because there's no other reason to do that! Of course you know he's got his tiny hands on that nuke button because that's what literally Hitler would do. And he is literally Hitler. Next he's trynna pull out of wars in the middle east! What kind of a moron is he.....against war?! That's just completely asinine if you ask me. I am literally shaking.

But to top it all off, HE OFFENDS WITCHES! Yes, you read that correctly. https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2018/12/19/witches-offended-donald-trump-moos-pkg-vpx.cnn

The best part about it is that "witch hunt" isn't even derogatory towards supposed witches, as anyone with a double or triple digit IQ knows the term isn't used to mock witches, but mocking the people who "hunted" witches as something frivolous.

Of course, I bring good tidings as well! Video (NSFW, swears) below. It's pretty damn funny and cringeworthy at the same time.

According to Xhale City's facebook page, supposedly, that employee got fired.

Might have to give 'em a call tomorrow or within a few days and place an order for delivery (if possible). Good ol' #Capitalism at work, hopefully.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
December 30th, 2018 at 5:23:58 AM permalink
Where do we go from here? Take a leap into the future with me...

Okay...the shutdown is over, Trump resigns from office and Pence becomes President OR we get to the 2020 election and a Democrat is elected.

Now that those things are out of the way...and Democrats have gained a lot of power back...

Please tell me what this "smart, effective border security" that Senator Schumer is talking about entails?

Do Democrats have enough votes within their party for border security improvements?

If it is important to the American people, which polls have shown, why is not important to American Democrat Leaders?

"Given the choice between "open borders" — a position that no mainstream political leaders are proposing — and a "secure border," which is current U.S. policy, 79 percent of Americans agreed that the U.S. needs "secure borders."

https://www.npr.org/2018/01/23/580037717/what-the-latest-immigration-polls-do-and-dont-say

(Well, I am not sure that the "no mainstream leaders are proposing" holds true at this point)
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
December 30th, 2018 at 5:36:31 AM permalink
Given a choice between eternal damnation and the current border policy, eighty percent of Americans prefer the current policy.
Why don't non-democratic American leaders realize the absurdity of such questions.
I thought good leaders don't govern by polls.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
RonC
RonC
December 30th, 2018 at 5:43:26 AM permalink

Given a choice between eternal damnation and the current border policy, eighty percent of Americans prefer the current policy.
Why don't non-democratic American leaders realize the absurdity of such questions.
I thought good leaders don't govern by polls.

Good leaders don't make every single decision based on the polls, but they do listen to what their constituents say on the issues.

Nice non-answer.
billryan
billryan
December 30th, 2018 at 6:00:09 AM permalink
I've yet to see a poll that shows Americans favor a trump style wall across the border. Seems like America's leaders are doing what the people want. One party used fear of immigrants as a major reason to vote for it in the election. That party suffered tremendous defeats in November. It appears the people spoke and our leaders listened.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
RonC
RonC
December 30th, 2018 at 6:09:45 AM permalink

I've yet to see a poll that shows Americans favor a trump style wall across the border. Seems like America's leaders are doing what the people want. One party used fear of immigrants as a major reason to vote for it in the election. That party suffered tremendous defeats in November. It appears the people spoke and our leaders listened.

I'm not arguing for a Trump-style wall, I am asking what Democrats favor as a solution to the problem of illegal immigration. Schumer is talking about wanting border security; what does he mean by that? Does the party support it enough for it to pass?

It is clear the leaders aren't doing what the people want--border security--and it is okay if they disagree on how to do it...but it is not okay to just not do it.

"Fear" is just a bullshit term to try and make the issue about race. I don't "fear" immigrants at all; I live in a community full of them. I don't think people of any race, color, or creed should be allowed to come into our country to stay without being legally admitted.

If you are for open borders with no regulations, why not just stand up and say it?

If not, what is a reasonable proposal for border security for this country?
rxwine
rxwine
December 30th, 2018 at 6:25:22 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

I'm not arguing for a Trump-style wall, I am asking what Democrats favor as a solution to the problem of illegal immigration. Schumer is talking about wanting border security; what does he mean by that? Does the party support it enough for it to pass?

It is clear the leaders aren't doing what the people want--border security--and it is okay if they disagree on how to do it...but it is not okay to just not do it.

"Fear" is just a bullshit term to try and make the issue about race. I don't "fear" immigrants at all; I live in a community full of them. I don't think people of any race, color, or creed should be allowed to come into our country to stay without being legally admitted.

If you are for open borders with no regulations, why not just stand up and say it?

If not, what is a reasonable proposal for border security for this country?

You're making an assumption I don't see supported to do anything really different in this area. If the numbers are down (see below), why is the focus on a big wall. Maybe immigration reform is what you should focus on.

Quote:

The number of unauthorized immigrants living in the United States was lower in 2016 than at any time since 2004. This decline is due mainly to a large drop in the number of new unauthorized immigrants, especially Mexicans, coming into the country. The origin countries of unauthorized immigrants also shifted during that time, with the number from Mexico declining and the number rising from only one other region, Central America, according to the latest Pew Research Center estimates.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2018/11/28/5-facts-about-illegal-immigration-in-the-u-s/
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
billryan
billryan
December 30th, 2018 at 6:25:34 AM permalink
I imagine if there is someone here in favor of open borders with no regulations, they'd have stated so previously.
RonC
RonC
December 30th, 2018 at 7:59:57 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

You're making an assumption I don't see supported to do anything really different in this area. If the numbers are down (see below), why is the focus on a big wall. Maybe immigration reform is what you should focus on.

The wall, fence, electronic, whatever that was favored fairly recently by a decent number of Democrats--but not in the full Trump version--should be a part of immigration reform. We should have control of our borders and, where many people sneak in illegally and at great personal risk, that may include something stronger than saying "pretty please, don't cross our border"...

The numbers go up and down; a strong immigration policy would be a huge help in securing our borders. Another amnesty with no teeth is not the answer. You can't come in illegally, you can't stay illegally, you can't work if you are here illegally, and quick deportation could all help secure our borders. It might not have to be a "Wall" at all.

I still haven't really seen a Democrat plan for border security or immigration. I have only seen opposition to the President's plan. I take him out of the equation in a question, and I still haven't heard much of an answer.
RonC
RonC
December 30th, 2018 at 8:02:18 AM permalink

I imagine if there is someone here in favor of open borders with no regulations, they'd have stated so previously.

I wasn't talking about here; the original context of the conversation was about Democrats being in power and what would they do to solve the immigration issue...perhaps "very little" is the answer.
billryan
billryan
December 30th, 2018 at 8:43:54 AM permalink

I wasn't talking about here; the original context of the conversation was about Democrats being in power and what would they do to solve the immigration issue...perhaps "very little" is the answer.

As opposed to everything the POG controlled Congress has done. How fair and balanced can one be?
RonC
RonC
December 30th, 2018 at 9:07:44 AM permalink

As opposed to everything the POG controlled Congress has done. How fair and balanced can one be?

I'm not happy with a lot of things; apparently, the voters weren't either. There is a good amount of opposition to illegal immigration out there and there is a new power structure in DC.

What is the new team going to offer?
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
December 30th, 2018 at 9:23:15 AM permalink

I'm not happy with a lot of things; apparently, the voters weren't either. There is a good amount of opposition to illegal immigration out there and there is a new power structure in DC.

What is the new team going to offer?

Why are you so fixated on immigration
We have a lot of problems in this country
The opioid crisis and mass shootings are far more important problems
crumbling infrastructure
Global warming
I could go on and on
Immigration was never a serious problem among the right till Trump got the racists riled up with hate the last 2 years
Why weren't republicans screaming about immigration during Obama or Bush I II or Clinton.
Why didn't republicans demand a wall when either Bush was president?
Why is immigration such a problem now but not back then?
is this due to hate?
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
billryan
billryan
December 30th, 2018 at 9:41:49 AM permalink
I thought trump voters favored Mexico paying for the wall? Isn't that his promise? How is having America pay for it keeping a promise?
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
December 30th, 2018 at 10:41:35 AM permalink

I thought trump voters favored Mexico paying for the wall? Isn't that his promise? How is having America pay for it keeping a promise?

This.

I hope the new Congress offers Donald exactly nothing in regards to immigration. Mexico was supposed to pay for the wall...

Thank you, next.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
billryan
billryan
December 30th, 2018 at 11:19:03 AM permalink
Now the sniveling coward is threatening woman and children by cutting money for WIC. Does trump think threatening mothers and young children will resound with any but the most extreme of his base? I have no idea how a supposedly pro-life party justifies denying pre-natal care for poor people, but I'm sure some will.defend it.
Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
Thanked by
petroglyph
December 30th, 2018 at 12:26:22 PM permalink

......If the numbers are down (see below), why is the focus on a big wall. Maybe immigration reform is what you should focus on.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2018/11/28/5-facts-about-illegal-immigration-in-the-u-s/

Depends on who you choose to believe.

The Yale/MIT study says there are 22.1 million undocumented immigrants living in the USA.

The report says there could be as many as 29.5 million.

As for immigration reform, forget it.

Steve Wynn said the only number he is interested in, is the number of people entering his buildings, because the average person entering his buildings spends $175.

Migrants are customers too. That is why the government and corporations want more of them. Legal or illegal, it doesn’t matter.

Consumption is 70% of our GDP. More consumers means higher GDP. None of the corporations or the globalist billionaires complain about illegal immigration. They spent hundreds of millions supporting the dems. A body is a body. That’s all that matters.

To the unions, they are potential new members.

For suppliers, it is a windfall. For everyone else, it is competition.

For the average stiff, the competition means higher taxes and higher costs for goods and services, and housing.

Anyone on a fixed income is screwed.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
December 30th, 2018 at 12:45:11 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

......Why is immigration such a problem now but not back then?
is this due to hate?

Immigration, still isn't the problem. The problem, is the word you left out.
petroglyph
petroglyph
December 30th, 2018 at 12:54:09 PM permalink
Quote: Tanko

Depends on who you choose to believe.

The Yale/MIT study says there are 22.1 million undocumented immigrants living in the USA.

The report says there could be as many as 29.5 million.

As for immigration reform, forget it.

Steve Wynn said the only number he is interested in, is the number of people entering his buildings, because the average person entering his buildings spends $175.

Migrants are customers too. That is why the government and corporations want more of them. Legal or illegal, it doesn’t matter.

Consumption is 70% of our GDP. More consumers means higher GDP. None of the corporations or the globalist billionaires complain about illegal immigration. They spent hundreds of millions supporting the dems. A body is a body. That’s all that matters.

To the unions, they are potential new members.

For suppliers, it is a windfall. For everyone else, it is competition.

For the average stiff, the competition means higher taxes and higher costs for goods and services, and housing.

Anyone on a fixed income is screwed.

It also helps to keep low and middle class labor from getting uppity and putting pressure on wages. If our tbtf institutions wanted to keep out migrants, it would be accomplished in days. We conquered all of Iraq once in about 3 weeks. And then hung the leader. How long did it take Hillary to sodomize Gadaffi with a bayonet?
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
Thanked by
RS
December 30th, 2018 at 1:01:15 PM permalink

Now the sniveling coward is threatening woman and children by cutting money for WIC. Does trump think threatening mothers and young children will resound with any but the most extreme of his base? I have no idea how a supposedly pro-life party justifies denying pre-natal care for poor people, but I'm sure some will.defend it.

The FSA(Free ________ Army) comes to the defense of any loss in benefits. Who knows if the teet they are attached to will be next to be cut.
billryan
billryan
December 30th, 2018 at 1:15:49 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

The FSA(Free ________ Army) comes to the defense of any loss in benefits. Who knows if the teet they are attached to will be next to be cut.

If you don't stand with poor women and infants, what do you stand for?
petroglyph
petroglyph
December 30th, 2018 at 1:29:16 PM permalink

For the truth.

These people [young and poor] are the FNG's of Vietnam. Are they not at least as disposable as our warriors and treasure given for foreign empires ?

Would you support micro chipping them and occasionally catching a deadbeat dad?
ams288
ams288
Thanked by
tringlomane
December 30th, 2018 at 2:33:37 PM permalink

I have no idea how a supposedly pro-life party justifies denying pre-natal care for poor people, but I'm sure some will.defend it.

NEVER underestimate the lows some of the MAGAholes will go to to defend this administration’s evil policies.

They celebrate the deaths of immigrant children.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
Thanked by
RSMaxPen
December 30th, 2018 at 3:06:53 PM permalink

I am calling bs on your posturing bill. Your underhanded tactics are transparent
RS
RS
December 30th, 2018 at 3:32:49 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

I am calling bs on your posturing bill. Your underhanded tactics are transparent

^ This

Couldnt find the right meme. My apologies.
billryan
billryan
December 30th, 2018 at 3:38:32 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

What are you calling BS on? Are you saying trumps spokespersons aren't threatening to stop funding WIC?
ams288
ams288
Thanked by
tringlomane
December 30th, 2018 at 4:54:55 PM permalink
Quote: RS

^ This

Perhaps the image of the “stable genius” looking directly at the eclipse wasn’t the best choice to use in this instance.
RonC
RonC
Thanked by
tringlomane
December 30th, 2018 at 5:03:36 PM permalink

Why are you so fixated on immigration
We have a lot of problems in this country
The opioid crisis and mass shootings are far more important problems
crumbling infrastructure
Global warming
I could go on and on
Immigration was never a serious problem among the right till Trump got the racists riled up with hate the last 2 years
Why weren't republicans screaming about immigration during Obama or Bush I II or Clinton.
Why didn't republicans demand a wall when either Bush was president?
Why is immigration such a problem now but not back then?
is this due to hate?

Your statement is clearly an oversimplified attempt to bracket someone as always talking about one thing,

I have concerns about a whole lot of things; I was discussing what the new kids on the block would do about this issue at this point.

ILLEGAL Immigration is the issue; not "immigration"...is it the only issue? No. It is just one I wanted to hear about how the Dems plan on handling it.

I didn't defend anyone, I didn't call anyone names, I didn't say it was the only issue...I even took, hypothetically, the current administration out of the equation.

No one has anything to offer except criticism of Trump. Fine. I criticize him, too. The Dems won the House; what are they going to try and do on the issues? I just started with one.

No worries, sir, I knew that posting anything here and asking for a bit of a real discussion was probably a waste of time. I am off, so I had the time to do it.
RS
RS
December 30th, 2018 at 5:08:26 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

^ This

Perhaps the image of the “stable genius” looking directly at the eclipse wasn’t the best choice to use in this instance.

Fake news.

He's pointing at mcallister's post and agreeing with it.
Fleaswatter
Fleaswatter
December 30th, 2018 at 5:41:55 PM permalink

What are you calling BS on? Are you saying trumps spokespersons aren't threatening to stop funding WIC?

Could you please provide any links, sources, facts, documentation, etc., to support your position concerning WIC funding. Or are you just spewing your usual anti-President Trump disinformation.

Here is a quote for you from the following link:https://www.nwica.org/blog/washington-update-trump-fy-2019-budget-requests-funding-for-wic-to-serve-all-projected-participants#.XClwlNQrLMo

Quote:

The Trump Administration released its FY 2019 Budget, entitled Efficient, Effective, Accountable: An American Budget, at 11:30am Eastern Time today. The $4.4 trillion budget would slash mandatory and discretionary spending on domestic programs while dramatically boosting spending on the military and immigration enforcement.

The budget calls for a topline funding level of $5.75 billion for WIC to serve all projected participants in FY 2019.

It’s important to keep in mind that the President’s budget is a blueprint for federal spending, and does not set actual spending levels for government agencies. Decisions on spending levels are ultimately up to the Appropriations Committees in the House and Senate, members of which will spend the next few months crafting their FY 2019 spending bills.

Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
December 30th, 2018 at 7:07:44 PM permalink
Democrats in power? What would they do? What would they support?

Well, you could start with the framework of the Gang of Eight bi-partisan immigration bill that passed the Senate in 2013 that Obama would've signed.

House Republicans killed it...because they suck a**.
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
Thanked by
beachbumbabsSOOPOOtringlomane
December 30th, 2018 at 8:48:21 PM permalink

Where do we go from here? Take a leap into the future with me...

"Given the choice between "open borders" — a position that no mainstream political leaders are proposing — and a "secure border," which is current U.S. policy, 79 percent of Americans agreed that the U.S. needs "secure borders."

The mainstream Dem opinion is that legal immigration is a right. Crossing the border (legally or not) and claiming asylum and being heard through immigration courts is a valid way to obtain the right to stay in the United States. Obama had tons of ICE deportations and attempted to rid the nation of illegals with criminal records and people overstaying their visas. The democrats did not demonize Mexicans or people from s***hole countries. Its refugee programs vetted properly. Smart border security would include increased electronic surveillance via drones and cameras, intercepting bad people before arrival, and in places that are prone to illegal crossongs, a wall or other physical barrier.

The mainstream GOP opinion is close to the same. The GOP voice however ala Fox paints the GOP as people who think immigrants are bad people not to be trusted, taking American jobs, and support closing the border to asylum seekers and ending refugee programs. A more mainstream GOP I think would opt nstead for merit based immigration based on needed skilled as well as continuing to allow immediate family members of US citizens (spouse, children) to immigrate. The GOP would also support stronger ICE enforcement measures short of breaking current law.

Unfortunately the GOP have to deal with Trump as well and his childish and moronic behaviour and walk a line between supporting him and getting meaningful business done.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
rxwine
rxwine
December 30th, 2018 at 10:07:24 PM permalink

Your statement is clearly an oversimplified attempt to bracket someone as always talking about one thing,

I have concerns about a whole lot of things; I was discussing what the new kids on the block would do about this issue at this point.

ILLEGAL Immigration is the issue; not "immigration"...is it the only issue? No. It is just one I wanted to hear about how the Dems plan on handling it.

Paraphrasing a well known book, "our thoughts are not your thoughts". Trump made illegal immigration a big issue during the midterms. What'd that get him? A few senate seats and house full of Democrats. Maybe he's working on losing more for the GOP early.

He's got a gun to the head of government at the moment. Reminds me of this old NL cover. Just desperation by Trump.

RonC
RonC
Thanked by
Mooseton
December 30th, 2018 at 10:22:51 PM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

Democrats in power? What would they do? What would they support?

Well, you could start with the framework of the Gang of Eight bi-partisan immigration bill that passed the Senate in 2013 that Obama would've signed.

House Republicans killed it...because they suck a**.

Thanks for an answer that wasn't basically "but Trump"...I have heard clips all over and seen articles about what the Dems say about Trump's plan; I was trying to take him out of the equation for a minute and asked what they would support.
RS
RS
December 31st, 2018 at 1:17:43 AM permalink

Paraphrasing a well known book, "our thoughts are not your thoughts". Trump made illegal immigration a big issue during the midterms. What'd that get him? A few senate seats and house full of Democrats. Maybe he's working on losing more for the GOP early.

He's got a gun to the head of government at the moment. Reminds me of this old NL cover. Just desperation by Trump.

Yes, yes, because it's totally normal for the sitting president's side (democrat or republican) to keep the same amount of seats or even win more seats during the midterms. Totally normal!!!!
ams288
ams288
December 31st, 2018 at 5:15:57 AM permalink

Yes, yes, because it's totally normal for the sitting president's side (democrat or republican) to keep the same amount of seats or even win more seats during the midterms. Totally normal!!!!

It is normal for a sitting President’s party to lose a bunch of seats in their first midterm.

It is also normal for those Presidents to make an adjustment and shift somewhat to the center afterwards to try to win re-election.

Donald isn’t doing that. He’s doubling down on pleasing that 35-40% that worships his every move.
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
Thanked by
RS
December 31st, 2018 at 5:29:45 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

It is normal for a sitting President’s party to lose a bunch of seats in their first midterm.

It is also normal for those Presidents to make an adjustment and shift somewhat to the center afterwards to try to win re-election.

Donald isn’t doing that. He’s doubling down on pleasing that 35-40% that worships his every move.

That's called fulfilling campaign promises and doing what you said you were going to do.
terapined
terapined
Thanked by
tringlomane
December 31st, 2018 at 6:40:29 AM permalink

That's called fulfilling campaign promises and doing what you said you were going to do.

Care to comment on the campaign promise Mexico will pay for the wall
He said it over and over and over
WTF, now he wants me to pay for it
Broken campaign promise. So broken, I knew he was lying when he said it
Did you believe that dumb absurd impossible promise?

Republicans need to stop wasting money and balance the budget
ams288
ams288
Thanked by
tringlomane
December 31st, 2018 at 6:50:34 AM permalink

Hopefully it’s also called gettIng your ass kicked in 2020.

Unless Vlad can figure out a way to help again.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
December 31st, 2018 at 7:23:53 AM permalink
Whenever we go to the 7-11 during the beginning of the month to get a Slurpee or coffee for the wife, the line is out the door. I noticed 99% of them are black people and they are all using their food stamp cards. You can tell it's SNAP(Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) because it's blue and says NEVADA on it.
All of them are loaded up with tons of "nutritious" junk food that I assume is way over priced. God only knows if they are using the rest of it to buy Lobster and filet mignon.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
December 31st, 2018 at 7:34:47 AM permalink

Care to comment on the campaign promise Mexico will pay for the wall
He said it over and over and over
WTF, now he wants me to pay for it

I agree, this needs to be qualified. Personally i would just increase the import tariffs for Mexico by 0.25% and that would cover the cost.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
terapined
terapined
December 31st, 2018 at 8:11:39 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

I agree, this needs to be qualified. Personally i would just increase the import tariffs for Mexico by 0.25% and that would cover the cost.

What if Mexico increases import tarriffs from the USA 0.25%
Do you actually think tarriffs are a one way street?

Balance the damm budget instead of wasting money on a BS wall
billryan
billryan
Thanked by
ams288
December 31st, 2018 at 8:15:00 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

Whenever we go to the 7-11 during the beginning of the month to get a Slurpee or coffee for the wife, the line is out the door. I noticed 99% of them are black people and they are all using their food stamp cards. You can tell it's SNAP(Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) because it's blue and says NEVADA on it.
All of them are loaded up with tons of "nutritious" junk food that I assume is way over priced. God only knows if they are using the rest of it to buy Lobster and filet mignon.

Move to a better neighborhood. One without a 7-11 and you won't have these issues.
  • Jump to: