Thread Rating:

Fleaswatter
Fleaswatter
  • Threads: 10
August 30th, 2018 at 5:32:34 PM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

Fair enough.

Obama was tasked with recovering from the greatest recession in 80 years, congressionally-mandated sequestration, and tea party elected officials that were hellbent on reigning in government spending; all of which contributed to the reduced deficits in his two terms.

Trump is apparently overseeing the greatest economic boom in a generation while freezing worker pay AND ballooning the deficit.

You do the math.

The rational you provided for the action Obama took, may or may not be completely accurate and I am not going to fact check. It is not important to me at this point.

A point I would like to make is:

It seems that every action taken by President Trump is quickly criticized by those on the left here and the main stream media.

When posting your link you could have easily said:

"President Trump realizing that the nation's budget couldn't support it, made a prudent economic decision to freeze federal employee wages."

instead of what you posted.
new motto for the left: “I don't know if I received bad information, but I think I suspected there was more than there actually was,” (John Brennan Mar 25, 2019)
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
Thanked by
ams288
August 30th, 2018 at 5:57:48 PM permalink
Quote: Fleaswatter

The rational you provided for the action Obama took, may or may not be completely accurate and I am not going to fact check. It is not important to me at this point.

A point I would like to make is:

It seems that every action taken by President Trump is quickly criticized by those on the left here and the main stream media.

"President Trump realizing that the nation's budget couldn't support it, made a prudent economic decision to freeze federal employee wages."

The most important thing i got from your post is fact-checking is not important to you
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Dalex64
Dalex64
  • Threads: 1
August 30th, 2018 at 6:03:06 PM permalink
The (formally fiscal) conservatives refuse to see, or admit.
Fleaswatter
Fleaswatter
August 30th, 2018 at 6:09:00 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

The most important thing i got from your post is fact-checking is not important to you

The least you could do was interpret my statement accurately.

I am not going to fact check. It is not important to me at this point.

But of course yours was a typical liberal response. You pick and chose the words out of context to support your agenda. Everyone can see it here.
new motto for the left: “I don't know if I received bad information, but I think I suspected there was more than there actually was,” (John Brennan Mar 25, 2019)
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
August 30th, 2018 at 6:22:32 PM permalink

The least you could do was interpret my statement accurately.

But of course yours was a typical liberal response. You pick and chose the words out of context to support your agenda. Everyone can see it here.

Because when you state you do not find it important to fact check that generally that means you do not find it important to fact check
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
August 30th, 2018 at 7:04:42 PM permalink

Depends on the decision
He canceled the military parade
I came on this board and stated that it was a good decision by Trump

Isn't fox mainstream media?
I constantly hear from the right how much fox is watched
Isn't that what makes media mainstream, a ton of viewers
The reality, Trump gets a lot of positive main stream media coverage
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
August 31st, 2018 at 8:08:11 AM permalink

Good thing we're building country-sized walls and starting trade wars. That'll definitely get us back on track.

Quote: terapined

Yes. Fox News is the number one cable news channel, and has been for, what, years? Furthermore, conservatives dominate the radio waves.

Mainstream Media = Conservative Media
terapined
terapined
August 31st, 2018 at 8:12:42 AM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

Yes. Fox News is the number one cable news channel, and has been for, what, years? Furthermore, conservatives dominate the radio waves.

Mainstream Media = Conservative Media

Agree
Why do conservatives constantly attack mainstream media which is foxnews?
Really bizarre
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 15
Thanked by
SanchoPanzaRSSOOPOO
August 31st, 2018 at 8:33:04 AM permalink
The reason Fox has so many viewers is the fact that there are far fewer outlets for conservative thinking so they all get grouped together in a smaller pool of information. As a lib, you can feel at home watching NBC, ABC, CBS, MSNBC, CNN, Comedy Central, PBS and virtually any of the so-called papers of record like the WaPo, the NYT etc. Conservative are routinely shamed on networks that aren't even news outlets like E!, Bravo, ESPN. So while Fox News might lead cable news, it really is an outlier as the bulk of media coverage is not from their line of thinking, it really is an outlier despite it being #1 in ratings
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
TigerWu
TigerWu
Thanked by
ams288
August 31st, 2018 at 8:59:22 AM permalink

Agree
Really bizarre

The ones that complain don't see it as mainstream. They have a persecution complex, and have to be the victim. If "their side" dominates the airwaves, then that would invalidate their perceived oppression, so they ignore and downplay their media dominance. They instead assign "power" to the lesser alternative, i.e., the "liberal media." This validates their oppression in their minds.

Same reason you see so many Christians claiming they are "under attack," despite being a majority in the country and holding almost all political power.
terapined
terapined
August 31st, 2018 at 11:20:09 AM permalink

The ones that complain don't see it as mainstream. They have a persecution complex, and have to be the victim. If "their side" dominates the airwaves, then that would invalidate their perceived oppression, so they ignore and downplay their media dominance. They instead assign "power" to the lesser alternative, i.e., the "liberal media." This validates their oppression in their minds.

Makes sense
What doesn't make sense to me is all the complaining about the news. I could care less what Fox or Breibart says. No way will i listen to the filth that comes out of Alex Jones mouth. I just dont care what Alex has to say.
Just weird that I could care less about what conservative news reports but a lot of conservatives go crazy bonkers about what news I read.
Last edited by: terapined on Aug 31, 2018
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
August 31st, 2018 at 11:55:53 AM permalink

The problem is I don't believe it was a prudent economic decision. I believe we are a middle class consumer spending driven economy. Anything that puts more money in people's pockets that are more likely to spend it and not stash it = good economic policy. Everybody does well in this scenario. Businesses profit (rich get richer), government increases revenues, and businesses create more jobs. Rich people are not job creators. WE are the job creators. It's a question of where you believe the economic loop/cycle starts. I believe it starts with consumers. Republicans believe it starts with businesses. We have years and years of economic data to evaluate this, and honestly, the democrats are just better at it. Don't trust Trump's word for it below. The data is freely available.

So when Trump and the republicans pass major tax cuts where the 80%ish of the benefits go to the top, what 10%?, it's not only not prudent, it's also pretty contrary to what Trump said during the campaign.

Maybe some day you guys will realize you've been hoodwinked. Or we can chalk this one up to one of the times that "what we heard and what we saw is not what's happening".
terapined
terapined
August 31st, 2018 at 12:03:10 PM permalink

Makes sense
What doesn't make sense to me is all the complaining about the news. I could care less what Fox or Breibart says. No way will i listen to the filth that comes out of Alex Jones mouth. I just dont care what Alex has to say.
Just weird that I could care less about what conservative news reports but a lot of conservatives go crazy bonkers about what news I read.

Quote: fleaswatter

I guess CNN must not think that someone dying in very important. I just checked my CNN app before there was any mention about very disgusting death of Mollie Tibbetts, there were 8 stories about Manafort and Cohen and 2 advertisements.

We get over 12k murders a year in this country and flyswatter going bonkers over 1 murder
WTF
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
August 31st, 2018 at 12:30:24 PM permalink

Fox News Channel (the correct name of the target) does not devote upward of 90 percent of its so-called news time, as virtually the rest of the broadcast industry does, to vilifying the president. harvard

But Trump is hardly the originator whom people here try to credit him. Starting with, say, the Adamses and right on up to where even those with extremely short memories should be able to recall, certain practices have been ingrained in American culture:

(CNN) – President Obama is pulling no punches when it comes to Fox News, declaring the cable news outlet to be "destructive to [America's] long-term growth."
In a more than 8,000-word interview with Rolling Stone Magazine, Obama compared the cable news channel to papers owned by William Randolph Hearst at the turn of the 20th century that unabashedly pushed the media titan's own political views. cnn
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
August 31st, 2018 at 12:32:56 PM permalink

We get over 12k murders a year in this country and flyswatter going bonkers over 1 murder
WTF

Did you see what Tibbets father said about Hispanics?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2018/08/28/mollie-tibbettss-father-rebukes-anti-hispanic-sentiment-saying-theyre-iowans-with-better-food/?utm_term=.9d634a7aec2c
TigerWu
TigerWu
Thanked by
ams288
August 31st, 2018 at 1:10:30 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2018/08/28/mollie-tibbettss-father-rebukes-anti-hispanic-sentiment-saying-theyre-iowans-with-better-food/?utm_term=.9d634a7aec2c

Mexican food is delicious....
terapined
terapined
August 31st, 2018 at 1:26:01 PM permalink

Nope
Why should I listen him?
A bunch of Madden video gamers just got murdered in JAX
I don't have the foggiest idea what their parents have said. Do you?
petroglyph
petroglyph
August 31st, 2018 at 1:30:01 PM permalink

It appears there is a good chance the point made here was missed.
petroglyph
petroglyph
Thanked by
Steverinos
August 31st, 2018 at 1:31:59 PM permalink

Nope
Why should I listen him?

I thought his response showed class after so many were trying to put the blame on illegals , he made the point to the world that it wasn't a crime committed because of race.

That is a pretty magnanimous statement to be able to make after losing his daughter.
TigerWu
TigerWu
August 31st, 2018 at 1:40:05 PM permalink

Ah, my bad... he said "Hispanics," not "Mexicans."

Hispanic food is generally still pretty good, though.

I thought his response showed class after so many were trying to put the blame on illegals , he made the point to the world that it wasn't a crime committed because of race.

Yeah...

The sad part is that point shouldn't even have to have been made in first place.

Like, if he was here legally, would he have NOT committed the murder? Obviously that guy is screwed up, and his race and immigration status are completely irrelevant.
terapined
terapined
August 31st, 2018 at 1:44:01 PM permalink

That is a pretty magnanimous statement to be able to make after losing his daughter.

Cool
Looks like Trump does not agree with him
Sad

I dont really follow single murder cases. Its not really news in this violent country. What has caught my eye recently is the father that murdered his kids and wife and dumped them in an oil field. Also followed the gamers murder. 1 murder isn't really news
petroglyph
petroglyph
August 31st, 2018 at 1:48:27 PM permalink

Yeah...

The sad part is that point shouldn't even have to have been made in first place.

Like, if he was here legally, would he have NOT committed the murder? Obviously that guy is screwed up, and his race and immigration status are completely irrelevant.

Then the point wasn't "missed", it was entirely lost. The point was, that it wasn't about the food at all.
Fleaswatter
Fleaswatter
August 31st, 2018 at 1:54:33 PM permalink

WTF

It is Fleaswatter not flyswatter.

Slow news day? You must feel the need to dredge up a 10 day or so old post.

Nope
Why should I listen him?

We get over 12k murders a year in this country and terapined going bonkers over 2 murders
WTF

Paradigm was right
TigerWu
TigerWu
August 31st, 2018 at 1:58:58 PM permalink

Then the point wasn't "missed", it was entirely lost. The point was, that it wasn't about the food at all.

Geez, guy, I was making a joke.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
Thanked by
Steverinos
August 31st, 2018 at 2:06:27 PM permalink

Yeah...

A few other murders on July 18, 2018 in the US:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/crimewatch/details-emerge-about-man-who-reported-shooting-killing-his-ex/article_4e6b538e-75b3-530f-9623-c044b5d7106a.amp.html&ved=2ahUKEwjhyNa3lpjdAhXhQd8KHTuMDxM4PBAWMAF6BAgJEAE&usg=AOvVaw0w3EvjvBJBSKGQYwTKV4O_

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/local/breaking-man-shot-death-boynton-beach/TTubT4UeAxwdwHSg0BvVCM/amp.html&ved=2ahUKEwiSuL6qlpjdAhUNPN8KHfliCmo4MhAWMAN6BAgJEAE&usg=AOvVaw3v62umY6OiS33_wtyQM-fx

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://newschannel9.com/news/local/chattanooga-police-one-man-shot-killed-at-bayberry-apartments-wednesday&ved=2ahUKEwj0vZSSlpjdAhWHdN8KHf37BD84KBAWMAd6BAgCEAE&usg=AOvVaw0B8K7l5oN0Qentx96Ky17M

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://6abc.com/amp/man-checking-on-commotion-outside-home-shot-and-killed/3782434/&ved=2ahUKEwi7p6bzlZjdAhWPNd8KHaIjC9Y4HhAWMAN6BAgHEAE&usg=AOvVaw2at5alIpNhCfO44lOkEuiL

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://abc7ny.com/amp/29-year-old-woman-found-murdered-in-queens-bedroom/3781013/&ved=2ahUKEwi7p6bzlZjdAhWPNd8KHaIjC9Y4HhAWMAF6BAgIEAE&usg=AOvVaw2hKMhlAc3AVJ_qO1dypGYL

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://amp.knoxnews.com/amp/797146002&ved=2ahUKEwjFsP_blZjdAhUtneAKHVz1AHo4FBAWMAl6BAgGEAE&usg=AOvVaw017CzTaITMTQJpv-todalX

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/crime-roundup-may-18-2018/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwjFsP_blZjdAhUtneAKHVz1AHo4FBAWMAV6BAgEEAE&usg=AOvVaw1Eb347FLO3Hao3CqiA-PWQ

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.kvia.com/crime/police-release-arrest-photo-of-el-paso-man-accused-of-stabbing-killing-father/770898966&ved=2ahUKEwjFsP_blZjdAhUtneAKHVz1AHo4FBAWMAR6BAgFEAE&usg=AOvVaw1iN8si41h-YiAvRQq3N9Ag

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/alabama/articles/2018-07-18/man-arrested-in-connection-to-triple-murder-in-alabama&ved=2ahUKEwis_drHlZjdAhUDNd8KHeTABfI4ChAWMAh6BAgAEAE&usg=AOvVaw3vC8BqPZBtdztS0Jg93PIV

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.post-gazette.com/news/crime-courts/2018/07/18/One-dead-one-hospitalized-after-shooting-in-Aliquippa-beaver-county/stories/201807180098&ved=2ahUKEwis_drHlZjdAhUDNd8KHeTABfI4ChAWMAZ6BAgGEAE&usg=AOvVaw0gmXsBsMAyuXNUKIkLq_it

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://dublinohiousa.gov/newsroom/dublin-police-investigate-suspicious-death/&ved=2ahUKEwis_drHlZjdAhUDNd8KHeTABfI4ChAWMAN6BAgIEAE&usg=AOvVaw0DLzDgsSJ2fNeQ6irHEk9j
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://mynews13.com/fl/orlando/news/2018/07/28/2-charged-in-july-18-slayings-of-mother--son&ved=2ahUKEwjWn4K9lZjdAhXrmOAKHVGMCKUQFjAHegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw0RzR6of8TWzV14Sbb6Qm1v&cshid=1535748803410

RIP M. Tibbetts. Equally these, and others. Do you know any of their names?

That her murderer was an illegal immigrant is irrelevant, unless you have an agenda.

She was killed because she said no to him. Fix THAT, please.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Steverinos
Steverinos
August 31st, 2018 at 2:07:33 PM permalink

It is Fleaswatter not flyswatter.

Slow news day? You must feel the need to dredge up a 10 day or so old post.

We get over 12k murders a year in this country and terapined going bonkers over 2 murders
WTF

Paradigm was right

You cut off the rest of Terapined's post that explained the point he was making. Lame.
petroglyph
petroglyph
August 31st, 2018 at 2:14:19 PM permalink

Good deal. The board needs more levity.

petroglyph
petroglyph
August 31st, 2018 at 2:15:21 PM permalink

Geez, guy, I was making a joke.

Good deal, the board needs more levity.

dupe
Fleaswatter
Fleaswatter
August 31st, 2018 at 2:20:50 PM permalink

You cut off the rest of Terapined's post that explained the point he was making. Lame.

Here is his entire post:

"Nope
Why should I listen him?
I don't have the foggiest idea what their parents have said. Do you?"

Yeah, it really changes the point.

EXTREMELY LAME
petroglyph
petroglyph
August 31st, 2018 at 2:26:59 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Yeah...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/crimewatch/details-emerge-about-man-who-reported-shooting-killing-his-ex/article_4e6b538e-75b3-530f-9623-c044b5d7106a.amp.html&ved=2ahUKEwjhyNa3lpjdAhXhQd8KHTuMDxM4PBAWMAF6BAgJEAE&usg=AOvVaw0w3EvjvBJBSKGQYwTKV4O_

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/local/breaking-man-shot-death-boynton-beach/TTubT4UeAxwdwHSg0BvVCM/amp.html&ved=2ahUKEwiSuL6qlpjdAhUNPN8KHfliCmo4MhAWMAN6BAgJEAE&usg=AOvVaw3v62umY6OiS33_wtyQM-fx

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://newschannel9.com/news/local/chattanooga-police-one-man-shot-killed-at-bayberry-apartments-wednesday&ved=2ahUKEwj0vZSSlpjdAhWHdN8KHf37BD84KBAWMAd6BAgCEAE&usg=AOvVaw0B8K7l5oN0Qentx96Ky17M

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://6abc.com/amp/man-checking-on-commotion-outside-home-shot-and-killed/3782434/&ved=2ahUKEwi7p6bzlZjdAhWPNd8KHaIjC9Y4HhAWMAN6BAgHEAE&usg=AOvVaw2at5alIpNhCfO44lOkEuiL

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://abc7ny.com/amp/29-year-old-woman-found-murdered-in-queens-bedroom/3781013/&ved=2ahUKEwi7p6bzlZjdAhWPNd8KHaIjC9Y4HhAWMAF6BAgIEAE&usg=AOvVaw2hKMhlAc3AVJ_qO1dypGYL

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://amp.knoxnews.com/amp/797146002&ved=2ahUKEwjFsP_blZjdAhUtneAKHVz1AHo4FBAWMAl6BAgGEAE&usg=AOvVaw017CzTaITMTQJpv-todalX

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/crime-roundup-may-18-2018/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwjFsP_blZjdAhUtneAKHVz1AHo4FBAWMAV6BAgEEAE&usg=AOvVaw1Eb347FLO3Hao3CqiA-PWQ

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.kvia.com/crime/police-release-arrest-photo-of-el-paso-man-accused-of-stabbing-killing-father/770898966&ved=2ahUKEwjFsP_blZjdAhUtneAKHVz1AHo4FBAWMAR6BAgFEAE&usg=AOvVaw1iN8si41h-YiAvRQq3N9Ag

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/alabama/articles/2018-07-18/man-arrested-in-connection-to-triple-murder-in-alabama&ved=2ahUKEwis_drHlZjdAhUDNd8KHeTABfI4ChAWMAh6BAgAEAE&usg=AOvVaw3vC8BqPZBtdztS0Jg93PIV

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.post-gazette.com/news/crime-courts/2018/07/18/One-dead-one-hospitalized-after-shooting-in-Aliquippa-beaver-county/stories/201807180098&ved=2ahUKEwis_drHlZjdAhUDNd8KHeTABfI4ChAWMAZ6BAgGEAE&usg=AOvVaw0gmXsBsMAyuXNUKIkLq_it

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://dublinohiousa.gov/newsroom/dublin-police-investigate-suspicious-death/&ved=2ahUKEwis_drHlZjdAhUDNd8KHeTABfI4ChAWMAN6BAgIEAE&usg=AOvVaw0DLzDgsSJ2fNeQ6irHEk9j
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://mynews13.com/fl/orlando/news/2018/07/28/2-charged-in-july-18-slayings-of-mother--son&ved=2ahUKEwjWn4K9lZjdAhXrmOAKHVGMCKUQFjAHegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw0RzR6of8TWzV14Sbb6Qm1v&cshid=1535748803410

Quote:

RIP M. Tibbetts. Equally these, and others. Do you know any of their names?

I do now.

Quote:

That her murderer was an illegal immigrant is irrelevant, unless you have an agenda.

Apparently I am not able to get my point across, although I posted a wapo link, and replied repeatedly. MY POINT WAS, the father against much noise in the media made the statement that his daughters murder WAS NOT BECAUSE of race. That was my point, not that TP didn't know his name, or what they had for dinner.

Did you read the initial link I posted to TP that stated her father held no racial animosity toward his daughters killer?

Quote:

She was killed because she said no to him. Fix THAT, please.

Although you probably don't mean this as snippy as it sounds, I do think I have at least a partial solution, as I have posted before.

Legalize brothels, and much of this goes away.
TigerWu
TigerWu
Thanked by
Dalex64
August 31st, 2018 at 2:41:08 PM permalink

Here is his entire post:

"Nope
Why should I listen him?

It does.

His point was he doesn't care about what parents said about their murdered children.

You said he was going bonkers over it.

He wasn't.

You clipped the part of his post that said he didn't care, completely changing the intent of the post.
Steverinos
Steverinos
August 31st, 2018 at 2:41:42 PM permalink

Here is his entire post:

"Nope
Why should I listen him?

EXTREMELY LAME

It does change the point, pretty drastically actually. You said he was going bonkers over the Jacksonville murders while cutting off the sentence that demonstrates he's not. That's probably the reason you intentionally cut it out.

Which invalidates any point you were trying to make.

Flea...fly...whateva
terapined
terapined
August 31st, 2018 at 3:26:26 PM permalink
Bottom line
Fleaswatter complained about the CNN coverage of one murder
I just follow some cases of mass murders but I am not complaining about the coverage
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
August 31st, 2018 at 3:28:33 PM permalink

Yeah...

I do now.

Apparently I am not able to get my point across, although I posted a wapo link, and replied repeatedly. MY POINT WAS, the father against much noise in the media made the statement that his daughters murder WAS NOT BECAUSE of race. That was my point, not that TP didn't know his name, or what they had for dinner.

Did you read the initial link I posted to TP that stated her father held no racial animosity toward his daughters killer?

Although you probably don't mean this as snippy as it sounds, I do think I have at least a partial solution, as I have posted before.

Legalize brothels, and much of this goes away.

You're right, petro, I didn't mean it as snippy, and it did come off like that. And I did miss your point, then, so that's 2: I thought you were making a different, political point. And take a third, because yes, legalized brothels, and a general acceptance of the human need for sex and intimacy without judgement would heal SO much and so many.

I owe you a brewski.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Fleaswatter
Fleaswatter
August 31st, 2018 at 3:33:02 PM permalink

It does change the point, pretty drastically actually. You said he was going bonkers over the Jacksonville murders while cutting off the sentence that demonstrates he's not. That's probably the reason you intentionally cut it out.

Which invalidates any point you were trying to make.

You know, I actually agree completely with your interpretation of terapined’s post. I posted what I did on purpose to show how easy it is to change the “narrative” by simply only including the information which supports one’s position (which is done in this forum).

If you had done your due diligence and shown the same interest in terapined’s post saying I went bonkers, and read the actual discussion which lead to my post, you would understand the meaning as completely opposite.

You and others are always in a hurry to dispute anything I say and support those who think the same as you. But that is okay, that is why we have freedom of speech

Quote:

Flea...fly...whateva

Hmmm, insult?
petroglyph
petroglyph
August 31st, 2018 at 5:22:13 PM permalink

I owe you a brewski.

We're good.

Tough crowd here lately, : )
TigerWu
TigerWu
September 1st, 2018 at 10:55:20 AM permalink
I KNEW IT! It's happening... I called this MONTHS ago:

Trump declares mission accomplished in making America great again.

What I said a million years ago is that Trump would never step down unless he did it on HIS terms, by claiming to have accomplished everything he set out to do, regardless of whether he did or not.

He is setting himself up for a possible impeachment; if he gets slammed with one, or thinks he will, he will immediately resign and say, "I don't need to finish my term, I've already done everything I said I would. That's how great I am. There's nothing more to do, so I'm resigning."

This also works if he doesn't get impeached and it looks like his 2020 bid is going to go up in smoke for whatever reason. "I don't need to run again; I've already made America great. I won."

He's laying the groundwork for this, because he's scared of being impeached or removed from office. He wants to go out a winner in his eyes.

And P.S., if America is so great now, if we have the best economy ever, why did all those federal employees lose their raise?
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
September 1st, 2018 at 10:07:35 PM permalink

Agree
Really bizarre

Disingenuous. More people watch the network news (21 Millon in mid-August)) than. And CNN + MSNBC in aggregate outrun the Fox.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
Thanked by
SanchoPanza
September 2nd, 2018 at 9:15:36 AM permalink
EVERY murder is a tragedy. EVERY terrorist-style attack is a tragedy. EVERY "bad shoot" by the police is a tragedy. EVERY police office shot is a tragedy.

We should try to prevent all of them and prosecute to the fullest the rest. There are a few legitimate reasons to kill someone; those are different.

That does not mean that it is just peachy keen that SOME illegal aliens are committing crimes like DUI, murder, fraud, etc. Some have been deported several times and sill ignore our laws. Perhaps the answer is to enhance sentencing for illegal aliens--and broadly announce it in every language across the country--so that we continue to build disincentives to being here illegally.

The difference between the tragic murders and other crimes committed by those here legally and those committed by illegal aliens us that the latter should not even be here and able to commit crimes here. It really doesn't matter if they have a statistically lower crime rate or whatever other excuses one can raise in their defense...the point is that those offenses against other people might not have happened if they were not here illegally.

I do realize it is possible that they may have committed the same crime had they been here legally; at least they would have been vetted at that point to some degree (which we need to be better at but it is awfully hard to vet someone who comes in illegally).

Be tough on crimes with victims. Be tough on immigration.
RonC
RonC
Thanked by
SanchoPanza
September 2nd, 2018 at 10:12:58 AM permalink
Lanny Davis is a buffoon. His walk back on the comments he was the source of is a bunch of incoherent babble.

I know that doesn't really change anything...but is funny to listen to his ramblings.
RonC
RonC
September 2nd, 2018 at 11:14:54 AM permalink
Justice Breyer was confirmed by a 87-9 vote while President Clinton was under investigation for Whitewater.

Also was a midterm election year.

Being under investigation seems not to be a reason to hold up the vote on a Supreme Court nominee.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
September 2nd, 2018 at 12:09:29 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

Being under investigation seems not to be a reason to hold up the vote on a Supreme Court nominee.

I'll give you a 1/2 brownie point if you have a post on here saying Garland should not be held up during that period while it was happening.

Only half a point as Obama wasn't under investigation.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
RonC
RonC
September 2nd, 2018 at 12:20:54 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

I'll give you a 1/2 brownie point if you have a post on here saying Garland should not be held up during that period while it was happening.

I don't need any brownie points, thanks!

I thought is was risky not voting on Garland because, had the person we dare not mention been elected, who knows how far left the picks could have been. I also don't think that in the era of politics being more involved in confirmations, the Democrats would have voted on a nominee had the shoe been on the other foot at the time...but that is only hypothetical, of course.

I don't know what the end result of ending "consent and advice" and going to straight votes will mean in the long run. That is kind of where this sits now, especially with the Nuclear Option....

I don't think any of them are willing to say they would give up a vote in October with a November election that could change the balance of power at this point...well, hell, they might say it...but I don't think they would mean it!!
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
September 2nd, 2018 at 12:37:33 PM permalink

But it was an election year.
No less than the redoubtable Joseph Biden laid out the history and basis against Supreme Court nominations in election years when it suited him:

“Politics has played far too large a role in the Reagan-Bush nominations to date. One can only imagine that role becoming overarching if a choice were made this year, assuming a Justice announced tomorrow that he or she was stepping down.

Should a Justice resign this summer and the President move to name a successor, actions that will occur just days before the Democratic Presidential Convention and weeks before the Republican Convention meets, a process that is already in doubt in the minds of many will become distrusted by all.

Senate consideration of a nominee under these circumstances is not fair to the President, to the nominee, or to the Senate itself. Mr. President, where the Nation should be treated to a consideration of constitutional philosophy, all it will get in such circumstances is partisan bickering and political posturing from both parties and from both ends of Pennsylvania Avenue.

As a result, it is my view that if a Supreme Court Justice resigns tomorrow, or within the next several weeks, or resigns at the end of the summer, President Bush should consider following the practice of a majority of his predecessors and not--and not--name a nominee until after the November election is completed.

Senate, too, Mr. President, must consider how it would respond to a Supreme Court vacancy that would occur in the full throes of an election year. It is my view that if the President goes the way of Presidents Fillmore and Johnson and presses an election-year nomination, the Senate Judiciary Committee should seriously consider not scheduling confirmation hearings on the nomination until after the political campaign season is over.” youtube
rxwine
rxwine
September 2nd, 2018 at 1:26:58 PM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

]But it was an election year.
No less than the redoubtable Joseph Biden laid out the history and basis against Supreme Court nominations in election years when it suited him:

I wouldn't argue with points about the duplicity on the issue since I think that's probably the most accurate description.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
September 3rd, 2018 at 10:15:13 PM permalink

Lanny Davis is a buffoon. His walk back on the comments he was the source of is a bunch of incoherent babble.

I know that doesn't really change anything...but is funny to listen to his ramblings.

You could literally replace “Lanny Davis” with “Rudy Giuliani” and your post would lose absolutely nothing.

But for *some* reason I don’t expect you would say that about Rudy....
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
RonC
RonC
September 3rd, 2018 at 11:18:50 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

You could literally replace “Lanny Davis” with “Rudy Giuliani” and your post would lose absolutely nothing.

But for *some* reason I don’t expect you would say that about Rudy....

You never cease to amaze me with your silly little veiled insults when you know good and well that I don't toe the party line and you've seen me post negative things about the side I lean towards.

I'm not impressed with Rudy either; he wasn't the one in the news backing off what he assured that Cohen "knew" on the day I wrote that.

Have a wonderful day!
rxwine
rxwine
September 3rd, 2018 at 11:38:15 PM permalink

The difference between the tragic murders and other crimes committed by those here legally and those committed by illegal aliens us that the latter should not even be here and able to commit crimes here.

I suppose it doesn't occur to you that this argument can be equally applied in reverse. Some good thing might not have ever happened had that illegal immigrant not been there to do something. Like that illegal who climbed up a building to save a kid.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/05/28/undocumented-immigrant-who-saved-toddler
terapined
terapined
September 4th, 2018 at 5:40:20 AM permalink
Trump is upset that the justice dept is going after dirty congressman
WTF
Its clear the orange clown simply does not care about the law

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/03/politics/donald-trump-jeff-sessions-justice-department/index.html
RonC
RonC
September 4th, 2018 at 6:39:14 AM permalink

I suppose it doesn't occur to you that this argument can be equally applied in reverse. Some good thing might not have ever happened had that illegal immigrant not been there to do something. Like that illegal who climbed up a building to save a kid.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/05/28/undocumented-immigrant-who-saved-toddler

Obviously, it is great the toddler was rescued.

I am actually pretty convinced that there are some "good people" who are illegal aliens. The problem is that they are here illegally and that they may even be working really hard for a very low salary at a slaughterhouse in the flyover country owned by a Republican donor. If they were here legally, they might get a fair wage and/or feel comfortable reporting workplace mistreatment.

If the Congress and President could put a bill that would end illegal immigration (fence, banning of any future illegals ever becoming legal, DACA, etc.) I would even consider letting all illegals here now, except criminals with significant records (felons and/or multiple offenses of other sorts showing bad character, stay or have a path to legality. Perhaps not citizenship right away, though.
  • Jump to: