Thread Rating:

mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
August 28th, 2018 at 1:11:30 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

This has to be a personal insult of some kind when you're talking about the community. If you think it's a joke, take your shitty Blackjack variants, shove them up your ass, and **** off to somewhere else.

See you guys in three days.

+1 on the blackjack variants licking balls.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
August 28th, 2018 at 1:13:33 PM permalink
Quote: Paradigm

What is funny is with 1100+ pages of this anti Trump non-sense on WoV, you think something is wrong with me and the suggestion that the majority of the Members that post here multiple times per day aren't hoping for a downturn in American prosperity if that downturn increased the chances of a Blue Wave in 2018 and a new President in 2020.

I stand corrected...you're right AMS, DarkOx, BillRyan, Steverinos, BBB, Terapined, RS and the others that post daily garbage on these threads are the holders of Truth...the "sane ones"...the True Americans that have it all figured out and want what is best for this country...how could I have missed that?

The Forum & this Community has become a joke of what it used to be, Mike is lucky to have sold when he did.

Someone is triggered.

There's a block button on every thread for a reason.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
August 28th, 2018 at 1:17:00 PM permalink

I stand corrected...you're right AMS, DarkOx, BillRyan, Steverinos, BBB, Terapined, RS and the others that post daily garbage on these threads are the holders of Truth...the "sane ones"...the True Americans that have it all figured out and want what is best for this country...how could I have missed that?

Nope
Totally wrong
Its a difference of overall philosophy
Take health care
On one side you are solely responsible for providing your own health care.
On the other side, people like me that have great health insurance and have compassion for those that don't and are willing to pay higher taxes so everybody gets quality heath care.
Who's side is right is debatable

Whats not debatable is what a moron Trump is for complaining about google news search
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
Thanked by
RS
August 28th, 2018 at 1:19:18 PM permalink

Wat

RS is one of the most conservative voices here (not that I have a problem with that).

I’m not sure you understand what/who you are really complaining about.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
August 28th, 2018 at 1:39:18 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

Wat

RS is one of the most conservative voices here (not that I have a problem with that).

I’m not sure you understand what/who you are really complaining about.

Maybe he's jealous that RS is a conservative who can actually hold a reasonable discussion.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
August 28th, 2018 at 2:30:15 PM permalink

What is funny is with 1100+ pages of this anti Trump non-sense on WoV, you think something is wrong with me and the suggestion that the majority of the Members that post here multiple times per day aren't hoping for a downturn in American prosperity if that downturn increased the chances of a Blue Wave in 2018 and a new President in 2020.

The Forum & this Community has become a joke of what it used to be, Mike is lucky to have sold when he did.

Bruh you lumping me in with them? :-(

Edit: I see he was referring to rsactuary.
Last edited by: RS on Aug 28, 2018
Paradigm
Paradigm
  • Threads: 42
Thanked by
RS
August 28th, 2018 at 3:06:56 PM permalink
RSactuary was what was meant...you know the OP of this disaster.
Last edited by: Paradigm on Aug 28, 2018
Paradigm
Paradigm
  • Threads: 42
Thanked by
ams288
August 28th, 2018 at 4:30:22 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

This has to be a personal insult of some kind when you're talking about the community. If you think it's a joke, take your shitty Blackjack variants, shove them up your ass, and **** off to somewhere else.

Despite the profanity Mission, I am going to take your suggestion and be leaving...there is very little value in time spent here anymore. The quality posters are gone likely because of the cesspool that has developed in threads like this one.

I am going to keep depositing my monthly lease checks for games in play if that's OK with you...September's invoices go out Saturday.
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
August 28th, 2018 at 5:56:56 PM permalink

The forum and the community are pretty much the same. Various political arguments and threads have been going on since the birth of the forum.

Threads like this and others are easily blocked so there is a squelch control available.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 29
August 28th, 2018 at 6:08:49 PM permalink

RSactuary was what was meant...you know the OP of this disaster.

Yes, but not really. The first year thread went off on a gun tangent.
TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 16
August 28th, 2018 at 7:48:35 PM permalink
A google search for Trump News shows a Trump tweet* whining that a google search for Trump News "only shows only the viewing/reporting of Fake News Media."

Our president has turned himself into the Liar Paradox. (not from google: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liar_paradox)

Politics has now entered into logic puzzles, the ultimate problem for wizardofvegas. A beer to the first person to correctly solve it

*his tweet is second from the top: https://screenshots.firefox.com/qshTfLIVmlGQXll4/www.google.com
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
August 29th, 2018 at 6:07:39 AM permalink
Lanny Davis is walking back his statements about what Cohen knows.

FBI folks have admitted to leaking things to get a special counsel.

Some charges against Manafort were found earlier and not prosecuted; they were prosecuted this time. I guess that could happen to anyone who was not prosecuted when a potential offense was found, right? I wonder how often it happens...maybe more than I think right now...

The special counsel, a Republican (?-maybe), picked mostly D's for his investigation. A fact check of the President's claim of all Dems being on the investigation found it to be mostly true--they found 13 registered Dems and no registered Republicans when looking into the background of the team. They were not all Hillary supporters, by donations at least, but some were...and some even donated a little bit to Republicans. Perhaps he would have been smarter to select people from both sides in a fairly even manner. Maybe all the best lawyers are Dems...

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2018/mar/21/donald-trump/fact-checking-donald-trumps-claims-about-Mueller/

Now an FBI agent is talking about the tactic if releasing basically false or enhanced truth information to get warrants.

Add to it the culture we have of people being guilty at the perp walk; never mind waiting on an actual trial.

I know police work can be grimy business, but it seems as if all of the stops are being pulled out in search of something on the President. I am not saying there is not something there, who knows...well, yeah, everyone who is against him is sure already...but they way this process has gone seems tainted, at best.

Leaks, lies, clandestine meetings, false info in FISA warrant applications, etc.--if Trump has done as dumb of things as he has been accused of, it really should be a lot easier to figure out than having to do all that. Everyone says what an idiot he is; he must have left a trail right to the crime.

Make no mistake--I hate Trump's tweet issues, I don't like some his positions, and I don't think he is a "nice guy" at all--but some of this is ridiculous.

He won the election. Defeat his candidates in November and him in 2020. If you can find an actual crime using honest techniques (strong but fair), perhaps use impeachment.
rsactuary
rsactuary
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
August 29th, 2018 at 6:14:31 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

Lanny Davis is walking back his statements about what Cohen knows.

FBI folks have admitted to leaking things to get a special counsel.

Some charges against Manafort were found earlier and not prosecuted; they were prosecuted this time. I guess that could happen to anyone who was not prosecuted when a potential offense was found, right? I wonder how often it happens...maybe more than I think right now...

The special counsel, a Republican (?-maybe), picked mostly D's for his investigation. A fact check of the President's claim of all Dems being on the investigation found it to be mostly true--they found 13 registered Dems and no registered Republicans when looking into the background of the team. They were not all Hillary supporters, by donations at least, but some were...and some even donated a little bit to Republicans. Perhaps he would have been smarter to select people from both sides in a fairly even manner. Maybe all the best lawyers are Dems...

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2018/mar/21/donald-trump/fact-checking-donald-trumps-claims-about-Mueller/

Now an FBI agent is talking about the tactic if releasing basically false or enhanced truth information to get warrants.

Add to it the culture we have of people being guilty at the perp walk; never mind waiting on an actual trial.

I know police work can be grimy business, but it seems as if all of the stops are being pulled out in search of something on the President. I am not saying there is not something there, who knows...well, yeah, everyone who is against him is sure already...but they way this process has gone seems tainted, at best.

Leaks, lies, clandestine meetings, false info in FISA warrant applications, etc.--if Trump has done as dumb of things as he has been accused of, it really should be a lot easier to figure out than having to do all that. Everyone says what an idiot he is; he must have left a trail right to the crime.

Make no mistake--I hate Trump's tweet issues, I don't like some his positions, and I don't think he is a "nice guy" at all--but some of this is ridiculous.

He won the election. Defeat his candidates in November and him in 2020. If you can find an actual crime using honest techniques (strong but fair), perhaps use impeachment.

None of this drivel changes the facts that Mueller needs to produce rock solid evidence to support his conclusions. So why don't you just wait to see it?
RonC
RonC
August 29th, 2018 at 6:45:47 AM permalink
Quote: rsactuary

None of this drivel changes the facts that Mueller needs to produce rock solid evidence to support his conclusions. So why don't you just wait to see it?

Triggered much? need a safe space?

There is nothing in what I stated that has not bee reported.

I guess in your America it is not okay to wish for an investigation to proceed without having to taint it with some of the stuff that has happened.

I'm okay with an investigation. I will be fine with the results. I will get up and go to work just like I have for a whole lot of years.

It is amazing how one side can come up with all kinds of bullshit about how the President is guilty already and the other side is barely allowed to say a word.

...and, by other side, I mean someone wanting an investigation without questionable tactics involved.

It isn't like the "other side" is just waiting to see what happens; they jump on everything with a comment...and that is okay. So it sure as hell is okay for me to say my piece.
terapined
terapined
August 29th, 2018 at 7:29:58 AM permalink

I guess in your America it is not okay to wish for an investigation to proceed without having to taint it with some of the stuff that has happened.

I'm okay with an investigation. I will be fine with the results. I will get up and go to work just like I have for a whole lot of years.

It is amazing how one side can come up with all kinds of bullshit about how the President is guilty already and the other side is barely allowed to say a word.

...and, by other side, I mean someone wanting an investigation without questionable tactics involved.

It isn't like the "other side" is just waiting to see what happens; they jump on everything with a comment...and that is okay. So it sure as hell is okay for me to say my piece.

I supported the Ken Starr investigation
I supported the Benghazi investigation
If you supported the 2 above investigations, how can you not support the Mueller investigation.
I don't trust jack in DC
No way would I trust that sleazeball Bill Clinton
No way do I trust that sleazeball Trump
Power corrupts regardless of what party is in power
RonC
RonC
August 29th, 2018 at 8:00:16 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

I supported the Ken Starr investigation
I supported the Benghazi investigation
If you supported the 2 above investigations, how can you not support the Mueller investigation.
I don't trust jack in DC
No way would I trust that sleazeball Bill Clinton
No way do I trust that sleazeball Trump
Power corrupts regardless of what party is in power

Where in the heck did I say that I didn't support the investigation? If I did ever say it anywhere, I have changed my position--I am in favor of a fair investigation into possible Russian collusion and any underlying crime/action related to that.

You talk about absolute power corrupting; that is part of the problem. It actually fits a lot of what I said which was questioning some of the tactics used to get to the point we are at; not to question the need for an investigation. When the head of the FBI says that he leaked something through a friend in order to get an investigation started, I think you have started off on the wrong foot.

"Former FBI Director James Comey testified Thursday that he orchestrated the leak of accounts of conversations with President Donald Trump because he thought it might lead to the appointment of a special prosecutor to lead the Russia investigation."

https://www.cnn.com/2017/06/08/politics/james-comey-testimony-donald-trump/index.html

Why was it necessary to use that step to get to where we are? The same guy who decided NOT TO prosecute Hillary (not even his decision, at least in normal circumstances...that is up to the DOJ) decides TO use a leak to start an investigation on Trump. I guess many can't see how that looks a little strange....

If they think President Trump colluded (not a crime even, but that does not mean that there could not be some underlying criminal actions), produce enough evidence to start an investigation at whatever level and investigate away.

...or just call out anyone who has any problems with the investigation's process...that is easier, of course!
TigerWu
TigerWu
August 29th, 2018 at 8:03:29 AM permalink
Quote: TomG

A google search for Trump News shows a Trump tweet* whining that a google search for Trump News "only shows only the viewing/reporting of Fake News Media."

I googled "Trump News" immediately after I heard about his tweet and the number one search result was Fox News.

I googled just now and the #2 and #3 results are both from Fox News.

So, I guess he IS right that the top search results are all fake news!
rsactuary
rsactuary
August 29th, 2018 at 8:45:27 AM permalink

LOL.. I asked if you were willing to let hard facts support any claims made and I get this in response. I don't think it's me that's triggered!
RonC
RonC
August 29th, 2018 at 8:58:32 AM permalink

LOL.. I asked if you were willing to let hard facts support any claims made and I get this in response. I don't think it's me that's triggered!

Are lefties ready to do that?

I guess I just sit in my corner and be quiet while the other side says whatever the hell it wants...

I've talked about facts and being okay with the outcome; you conveniently ignore all of that....

Interesting.
rsactuary
rsactuary
Thanked by
ams288
August 29th, 2018 at 9:05:04 AM permalink

Are lefties ready to do that?

I guess I just sit in my corner and be quiet while the other side says whatever the hell it wants...

I've talked about facts and being okay with the outcome; you conveniently ignore all of that....

Interesting.

???

I don't even know how to respond because it doesn't make sense.
TigerWu
TigerWu
August 29th, 2018 at 9:24:05 AM permalink
Trump warns of left wing violence if GOP loses in November

LOL

WTF is he even talking about?? God, what an idiot...
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
August 29th, 2018 at 9:34:13 AM permalink
The silver lining of the Trump administration is that it has exposed just how easy it is, or has been, to get away with white collar crime in the United States.

So while some see James Comey's leak of an unclassified memo to his friend as "strange", I saw it as a necessary service to our country.
Steverinos
Steverinos
Thanked by
ams288
August 29th, 2018 at 9:35:44 AM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

Trump warns of left wing violence if GOP loses in November

LOL

WTF is he even talking about?? God, what an idiot...

Yeah the transcript of that meeting is scary stuff. And some people had the gall to call Obama the divider in chief while casting their vote for this guy. Puh-lease.
TigerWu
TigerWu
August 29th, 2018 at 9:57:37 AM permalink
I'll give you guys one guess as to what the top headline is on foxnews.com right now (Noon, CST, 8/29)....

Yep.

It's Hillary's emails.
ams288
ams288
August 29th, 2018 at 10:01:22 AM permalink

I'll give you guys one guess as to what the top headline is on foxnews.com right now (Noon, CST, 8/29)....

Yep.

It's Hillary's emails.

They’ve been trying to impeach Hillary since day 1 of the Trump administration. Witch hunt!
TigerWu
TigerWu
August 29th, 2018 at 10:12:57 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

They’ve been trying to impeach Hillary since day 1 of the Trump administration. Witch hunt!

Their obsession with Hillary is doubly stupid...

It's stupid because she lost, but they act like she won, and it's doubly-stupid because she pretty much dropped off the face of the Earth after she lost. Like, she's not even in the public eye anymore (except for that book tour). What is she doing? Is she even still alive? Even Obama pops up every now and then, and they're pretty much ignoring him.

Freakin' idiots.
Steverinos
Steverinos
August 29th, 2018 at 10:26:35 AM permalink

Their obsession with Hillary is doubly stupid...

It's stupid because she lost, but they act like she won, and it's doubly-stupid because she pretty much dropped off the face of the Earth after she lost. Like, she's not even in the public eye anymore (except for that book tour). What is she doing? Is she even still alive? Even Obama pops up every now and then, and they're pretty much ignoring him.

Freakin' idiots.

I don't think it's stupid. I think it's calculated, deliberate, and smart; an effort to distract us from the POS who won the election. If there is one thing I've learned since becoming interested in politics is that republicans are good at this. Their ideas are lame and unpopular, but they are good at disinformation campaigns and misleading the American electorate into believing this kind of stuff. I don't know how long it will last and when Americans will wise up to it, but there is no doubt that it has had an effect and been a winning strategy.
RonC
RonC
August 29th, 2018 at 10:29:53 AM permalink

???

I don't even know how to respond because it doesn't make sense.

Are you willing to sit quietly in your corner and not say anything about the investigation, or news related to it, until the report is submitted and it is time to proceed with whatever the outcome may be?

Then we will have the cold, hard facts.

It is what you want me to do. I asked if the other side was willing to do it.

I am sure the answer is "no"...
Steverinos
Steverinos
August 29th, 2018 at 10:40:44 AM permalink

Are you willing to sit quietly in your corner and not say anything about the investigation, or news related to it, until the report is submitted and it is time to proceed with whatever the outcome may be?

There's no reason why we can't discuss the outcomes we've had already and the cold hard facts associated with them. From those, we can conclude at least one thing...

Donald Trump surrounded himself with criminals. Quite clearly, not the "best people".
RonC
RonC
August 29th, 2018 at 10:58:57 AM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

There's no reason why we can't discuss the outcomes we've had already and the cold hard facts associated with them. From those, we can conclude at least one thing...

Donald Trump surrounded himself with criminals. Quite clearly, not the "best people".

Actually, I have no problem with that. The post that I made that led to those other comments stated some stuff that happened in the process leading to the investigation, some that happened before this investigation, etc. I did not say that the investigation was "illegitimate" or that the the people who surrounding the President were the best people in the world.

I questioned things (like tweets) Trump does. I don't consider him a "hero" in any way.

Just saw a Tom Steyer "Need to Impeach" commercial. He says the Washington establishment does not have guts to impeach Trump.

He's a loon, like many rich folks on either side. I have high confidence that the articles of impeachment will be produced if there is a credible allegation (with proof) of an actual serious crime (not a minor technical violation) committed by Trump and that removal from office will be on the table. The price of not doing so, again with actual serious crimes and barring a resignation or other end of the Presidency, is the risk of losing in huge numbers in 2020 and beyond.

He also said something about making it so Trump can't pardon himself (not even sure he would be charged in court but I doubt it would happen until impeachment was completed, so that would be a bit hard to do at best) and his cronies. I think pardoning cronies has been done more than a few times. it isn't exactly unprecedented and is a constitutional thing...
terapined
terapined
August 29th, 2018 at 11:00:27 AM permalink

Of course not
There are facts already out there that can be discussed
We live in a free country with freedom of speech
Don't want to hear about the case in this thread then block the thread

The latest, Trump is totally freaking out because Don Mcgahn spoke to Mueller.
Whats wrong with discussing that fact?
RonC
RonC
August 29th, 2018 at 11:12:57 AM permalink

Of course not
There are facts already out there that can be discussed

...and when I discussed them, it was called "drivel", which is fine.

We live in a free country with freedom of speech

Which I will do, in spite of what some would rather anyone who is not in lockstep with them would have them do.

Don't want to hear about the case in this thread then block the thread

I sometimes want to converse about it and sometimes don't. I have no need to block the thread; I just block out the whole forum for a while. That is my way of handling it.

The latest, Trump is totally freaking out because Don Mcgahn spoke to Mueller.
Whats wrong with discussing that fact?

Nothing. As long as talking about all the other "facts" is acceptable, too. Or even if it isn't to some....

I don't find anything particularly wrong with talking about the woman who won the popular vote and how the allegations against her were "dismissed" by Comey while he leaked info to get a special counsel going against Trump. It wasn't his place to do that, but it was politically expedient. that would go for both cases.

If there was enough to investigate Trump in the first place, they should have been able to get there without using questionable tactics.
Steverinos
Steverinos
August 29th, 2018 at 11:23:38 AM permalink

I don't find anything particularly wrong with talking about the woman who won the popular vote and how the allegations against her were "dismissed" by Comey while he leaked info to get a special counsel going against Trump. It wasn't his place to do that, but it was politically expedient. that would go for both cases.

If there was enough to investigate Trump in the first place, they should have been able to get there without using questionable tactics.

I think the "woman" you are referring to is Hillary Clinton (lol)? The allegations weren't dismissed. They were investigated thoroughly.

And the FBI was already investigating Trump before the firing of Comey and the appointment of Mueller. They were doing so during the campaign and didn't tell the American public about it. So much for that deep state conspiracy theory against him.
RonC
RonC
August 29th, 2018 at 11:35:26 AM permalink

I think the "woman" you are referring to is Hillary Clinton? lol The allegations weren't dismissed. They were investigated thoroughly.

And the FBI was already investigating Trump before the firing of Comey and the appointment of a Mueller. They were doing so during the campaign and didn't tell the American public about it. So much for that deep state conspiracy theory against him.

They were dismissed without action (or perhaps "dispensed with" or whatever term you would like to use) being referred to the DOJ. It is unusual to take out terms like "grossly negligent" and little things like that to let a case go--those types of cases usually lead to at least a DOJ review. That is where it should have been decided, not at Comey's desk.

I am okay with them investigating Trump; they could have continued to do so and I would be fine with it. The issue I have with it is Comey leaking to make sure a special counsel was appointed.

It is possible to be in favor of investigating everything with the same general set of standards for all. I do.

The Trump investigation concerns me, but we will survive it no matter the outcome. If there is a crime found, we go from there...

If Duncan Hunter is found guilty of what he is accused of, he should be removed from office and tossed in jail. I have no problem with that. He does deserve his day in court.

I have no problem with weeding out corruption from either side.
terapined
terapined
August 29th, 2018 at 12:08:39 PM permalink

I don't find anything particularly wrong with talking about the woman who won the popular vote and how the allegations against her were "dismissed" by Comey while he leaked info to get a special counsel going against Trump.

??????
The name of the thread is Trumps 2nd and 3rd year in office

I suggest you start a new thread
How about
"Lets blame Hillary for everything since Trump is tanking" thread
LOL
ams288
ams288
August 29th, 2018 at 12:14:54 PM permalink

Ah yes, remember how all the righties withheld comment about the Hillary email investigation in the first half 2016 because Comey hadn't given his final report yet and we didn't know the outcome.

/sarcasm

But yeah, let's establish some new random rules about what we discuss during an investigation when it's a republican who is under scrutiny. Seems fair!
RonC
RonC
August 29th, 2018 at 12:19:38 PM permalink

??????
The name of the thread is Trumps 2nd and 3rd year in office

I suggest you start a new thread
How about
"Lets blame Hillary for everything since Trump is tanking" thread
LOL

I don't think that is necessary; I don't blame Hillary for anything Trump has done--good or bad. I've already said that I wanted the investigation to be completed and the facts to come out; how hard is it for one to accept that the way we got to this investigation of the President was not handled the same as how we didn't get to the former Secretary of State? Comey used his power to squash one and make sure the other happened. i am not even saying they are equal, but no one should dismiss the value of potential highly classified information made available to hackers by Clinton's disregard for protocol.

You can start that thread if you want to; I don't consider it off the topic to point out how both were handled.

Go start your own thread!
RonC
RonC
August 29th, 2018 at 12:23:09 PM permalink

Ah yes, remember how all the righties withheld comment about the Hillary email investigation in the first half 2016 because Comey hadn't given his final report yet and we didn't know the outcome.

/sarcasm

But yeah, let's establish some new random rules about what we discuss during an investigation when it's a republican who is under scrutiny. Seems fair!

Yeah, that was not even the point of any of my comments, but okay...whatever...

I was pointing out that I was basically having things that did happen being called "drivel" while I was still calling for a complete investigation. I just don't like the way we got to that point. If an investigation was needed, did they need Comey to leak something to make sure it got started? It seems to me they didn't....and that kind of shit makes the investigation look a bit underhanded.

One of your side seemed to be making up the new rules; you just jumped in later in the game to say something...
ams288
ams288
August 29th, 2018 at 12:32:17 PM permalink

If an investigation was needed, did they need Comey to leak something to make sure it got started? It seems to me they didn't...

Yeah, the investigation should have been left to Devin Nunes and the House oversight committee. I’m sure Flynn, Manafort, etc. would have been brought to justice that way!
RonC
RonC
August 29th, 2018 at 12:47:00 PM permalink

Yeah, the investigation should have been left to Devin Nunes and the House oversight committee. I’m sure Flynn, Manafort, etc. would have been brought to justice that way!

Of course. That is what I meant!

No, I am actually fine with the FBI handling the investigations but I think Comey generally screwed up his responsibility to the country in both cases. I guess that it is hard enough to actually make a case for Comey doing all of it the way it did, it is easier to give some of the answers we see here today on that issue.
Steverinos
Steverinos
August 29th, 2018 at 12:55:43 PM permalink

no one should dismiss the value of potential highly classified information made available to hackers by Clinton's disregard for protocol.

She lost the election because of it. The IG report has been released! It's ridiculous to keep discussing Hillary. Pure distraction. Judging from your comments, it's working.
ams288
ams288
August 29th, 2018 at 12:58:19 PM permalink

I guess that it is hard enough to actually make a case for Comey doing all of it the way it did, it is easier to give some of the answers we see here today on that issue.

You want me to defend Comey’s actions? Not gonna happen.

He deserved to be fired for his little October 2016 stunt. Not for not showing Donald the proper amount of “loyalty.”
Fleaswatter
Fleaswatter
  • Threads: 10
August 29th, 2018 at 1:04:26 PM permalink

Of course. That is what I meant!

No, I am actually fine with the FBI handling the investigations but I think Comey generally screwed up his responsibility to the country in both cases. I guess that it is hard enough to actually make a case for Comey doing all of it the way it did, it is easier to give some of the answers we see here today on that issue.

RonC, you are wasting you time. When it comes to the liberal side it is always – hear no evil, speak no evil, see no evil

For example:

Hillary + DNC + Perkins Coie + Fusion GPS + Christopher Stelle + Bruce Ohr + Russians + fake dossier

Liberal reaction: nothing there, no collusion, just typical opposition research

Trump tower meeting with Russian lawyer

Liberal reaction: collusion, collusion, collusion, impeach President Trump
new motto for the left: “I don't know if I received bad information, but I think I suspected there was more than there actually was,” (John Brennan Mar 25, 2019)
RonC
RonC
August 29th, 2018 at 1:06:31 PM permalink

She lost the election because of it. The IG report has been released! It's ridiculous to keep discussing Hillary. Pure distraction. Judging from your comments, it's working.

So you say...

It is pretty simple to say:

Her case should have/should be referred to the DOJ instead of being basically "closed" by the head of the FBI.

Trump's case merited investigation, but Comey did the country no favors by leaking in order to get the special counsel appointed--that action divided the country further; simply moving the investigation forward and handling it without that leak by whoever it ended up with would have still resulted in a solid investigation.

I'm not distracted. Had a bowl of blueberries and watched both MSNBC and Fox while writing this...
RonC
RonC
August 29th, 2018 at 1:12:16 PM permalink
Quote: Fleaswatter

RonC, you are wasting you time.

I don't feel that way. I find it kind of fun to go back and forth with folks.

Then I go away and work for the candidates I support to help win the next elections.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
August 29th, 2018 at 1:22:29 PM permalink

I am okay with them investigating Trump; they could have continued to do so and I would be fine with it. The issue I have with it is Comey leaking to make sure a special counsel was appointed.

Trump hasn't exactly been blameless in contributing to suspicion. Putin his best bro. Calling for Hillary's emails to be hacked. Spends much of his time making inaccurate statements about just about everything. Seems to ignore his own lawyer's advice. Talks about loyalty like a mob boss. What else? Probably not all of it, just what I thought of.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
RonC
RonC
August 29th, 2018 at 1:32:58 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Trump hasn't exactly been blameless in contributing to suspicion. Putin his best bro. Calling for Hillary's emails to be hacked. Spends much of his time making inaccurate statements about just about everything. Seems to ignore his own lawyer's advice. Talks about loyalty like a mob boss. What else? Probably not all of it, just what I thought of.

I agree. There is a lot.

So far, he is just a general jackass overall even while he has accomplished some good things.

The difference is that he can make himself look suspicious all he wants. That is on him. That doesn't make all of Comey's actions okay.

I don't think a lot who voted for him had high hopes for him to turn into a great statesman or diplomat; they just knew he wasn't someone else. Kind of sad, but that is what it comes down to more than it should happen. Plus a great majority of his flaws were already in public; there was info out there already on his inability to be monogamous. I guess you could say some people were "desensitized" to his actions by the time he ran for office.
TigerWu
TigerWu
August 29th, 2018 at 1:45:41 PM permalink
Quote: Fleaswatter

Hillary + DNC + Perkins Coie + Fusion GPS + Christopher Stelle + Bruce Ohr + Russians + fake dossier

Well, that's most of the Conservative media faux outrage buzzwords, but you forgot "Pizzagate," "Benghazi," and "Uranium One."

Quote:

Trump tower meeting with Russian lawyer

Liberal reaction: collusion, collusion, collusion, impeach President Trump

Yeah, because the Trump Tower meeting is the ONLY reason people are calling for Trump's impeachment.
ams288
ams288
August 29th, 2018 at 2:02:06 PM permalink

Well, that's most of the Conservative media faux outrage buzzwords, but you forgot "Pizzagate," "Benghazi," and "Uranium One."

I was going to say he should have added Huma Abedin. They always throw her in for some reason.
TigerWu
TigerWu
August 29th, 2018 at 2:14:23 PM permalink

I was going to say he should have added Huma Abedin. They always throw her in for some reason.

Because she's Muslim.
  • Jump to: