Thread Rating:

boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
March 8th, 2018 at 8:09:10 AM permalink
Whoops. Sarah admits that Trump signed an NDA which Trump lied about meaning that the cover up of the affair with DJT and Stormy is in fact true.
Come on WH, keep your lies in order!!!
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
March 8th, 2018 at 8:20:43 AM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

or perform my own colonoscopy.

Oh, I bet you could. Everyone has their price. Some do it for free.
100% risk of ruin
Keyser
Keyser
  • Threads: 35
Thanks for this post from:
AZDuffman
March 8th, 2018 at 8:21:16 AM permalink
We don't care. We get it. Trump's heterosexual, just like Bill Clinton and John F Kennedy. He's a mud monster as Ben Shapiro says. Regardless he could still win re-election.

He's tough, and rough around the edges. He's politically incorrect, and he's exactly what we need right now.
Last edited by: Keyser on Mar 8, 2018
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 231
March 8th, 2018 at 8:38:48 AM permalink

The difference is that I can change my own oil with the right tools and a bit of effort. You can also do your own car repairs. In fact, you can read a book and do whatever you want to your car. And if the car is ruined as a result, you live.

You can also self-represent in court.
You can pretty much do any service activity on your own, except be a witness to your own signature.

Except for healthcare. I can't get my hands on my own anesthesiology drugs nor can I administer it to myself, or perform my own colonoscopy. The end result (by not doing anything) is a small risk for colon cancer. And the price is set by the doctors (private) who choose their own price and don't get paid most of the time anyway.

So you are saying that a much higher price is justified due to the high skill level needed?
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
boymimbo
boymimbo
March 8th, 2018 at 10:22:35 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

So you are saying that a much higher price is justified due to the high skill level needed?

I am saying that a MARKET price is justified based on a free market. Because the value of human life is high and the number of providers very limited (1 to 2 in very many places) , the market is not free. This allows medical professional like SOOPOO to charge $900 for private, receive various amounts of compensation from various insurers, or receive peanuts (which is actually more of the order of $66 for a Colonoscopy - 3 units - $22) from Medicare which works out to about $88/hour if an unit of work represents 15 minutes. SooPoo, I believe, works in a place where many providers are present and therefore the insurance companies need to compete a bit with a healthy dose of collusion to make sure everyone gets rich.

What I would like to see for medical professionals is an income that provides an very good income commensurate with their training that is consistent across the board. Maybe a rate of $300/work hour is a good rate for SooPoo, more for complex services, and less for simple services. Given that CMS reduced the amount they were paying for screen colonoscopies there was a decision made to pay 40% less than last year. So medicare/medicaid should pay out the same as insurance companies and should be close to the private cost as well. Maybe at $180 for the procedure which gets SooPoo to a respectable $240/work hour.

Colonoscopies are interesting because while you don't require full sedation most people (who are insured) will elect do it, which increases the cost of the routine procedure tremendously as it ups the AE charges and then adds in facility costs, etc, etc, to a point where the cost of doing the procedure runs in the thousands, for what should be routine preventative or diagnostic care costing hundreds.

Question for SooPoo. How much do you think you should get paid per hour of work? At what rate / hour would you say, "I quit"?
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 272
Thanks for this post from:
ams288
March 8th, 2018 at 1:33:12 PM permalink
Guys guys guys

The other trump thread already devolved into a gun violence/2A thead.

Lets keep this thread about trump his policies scandals and stupidity/genius depemding on your pov

If you want to discuss the fair cost of a colonoscopy please start your own thread
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
boymimbo
boymimbo
March 8th, 2018 at 2:52:51 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Guys guys guys

The other trump thread already devolved into a gun violence/2A thead.

Lets keep this thread about trump his policies scandals and stupidity/genius depemding on your pov

If you want to discuss the fair cost of a colonoscopy please start your own thread

Trump signs tariffs into law, skips Mexico and Canada. Estimates that it will create steel and aluminum jobs at the cost of killing jobs that use steel and aluminum products. Moreover, the exemption is on the raw material. It doesn't prevent someone from buying steel and aluminum goods made in these foreign lands.

Estimates by real experts suggest 100,000 - 150,000 jobs lost.
And you WILL get a retaliation from the EU, China (which produces over 1/2 of the world's aluminum) which will push up prices and inflation. That in turn will raise interest rates and put pressure on the debt.

Tariffs are good when a country is dumping commodities. Obama stuck a 500+% tariff on some rolled steel from China to stop them from the practice.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 231
March 8th, 2018 at 3:25:40 PM permalink

Trump signs tariffs into law, skips Mexico and Canada. Estimates that it will create steel and aluminum jobs at the cost of killing jobs that use steel and aluminum products. Moreover, the exemption is on the raw material. It doesn't prevent someone from buying steel and aluminum goods made in these foreign lands.

Estimates by real experts suggest 100,000 - 150,000 jobs lost.
And you WILL get a retaliation from the EU, China (which produces over 1/2 of the world's aluminum) which will push up prices and inflation. That in turn will raise interest rates and put pressure on the debt.

I just heard the impact will be about $150 on a car. Less than 1/2 of 1%.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
darkoz
darkoz
March 8th, 2018 at 4:10:30 PM permalink

I dont want to pay more for my chocolate

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/03/02/590314013/trumps-steel-aluminum-tariffs-could-raise-car-beer-and-candy-priceso
darkoz
darkoz
March 8th, 2018 at 4:13:51 PM permalink

Dont you mean 15% of that $1000 bonus handed out because of tax cuts?

Lets see what else is done to get it all back lol

• Jump to: