Thread Rating:

mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
Thanked by
RS
September 9th, 2017 at 9:04:55 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/09/saudi-government-allegedly-funded-dry-run-for-911-report-says.amp.html

I'm so glad Trump is different than all these other politicians! What an outsider! SWAMP = DRAINED

MAGA!

What is Bruce Jenner doing in the bottom picture?
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
September 9th, 2017 at 10:05:20 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

+1
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
September 9th, 2017 at 11:06:22 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/09/saudi-government-allegedly-funded-dry-run-for-911-report-says.amp.html

I'm so glad Trump is different than all these other politicians! What an outsider! SWAMP = DRAINED

MAGA!

FINALLY someone agrees with me!
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
September 10th, 2017 at 2:50:49 AM permalink
rush limbaugh has criticized trump but has generally been a supporter

he has taken up trump's chant of FAKE NEWS about the mainstream media

he implied that hurricane irma was FAKE NEWS generated to ramp up retail sales and help newspapers get advertising revenue

then, a couple of days later he decided to evacuate his home in florida

i guess his FAKE NEWS claim didn't even persuade himself LOL

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-hurricane-irma-rush-limbaugh-evacuates-palm-beach-fake-news-20170908-story.html
Please don't feed the trolls
RS
RS
September 10th, 2017 at 6:23:50 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

rush limbaugh has criticized trump but has generally been a supporter

he has taken up trump's chant of FAKE NEWS about the mainstream media

he implied that hurricane irma was FAKE NEWS generated to ramp up retail sales and help newspapers get advertising revenue

then, a couple of days later he decided to evacuate his home in florida

i guess his FAKE NEWS claim didn't even persuade himself LOL

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-hurricane-irma-rush-limbaugh-evacuates-palm-beach-fake-news-20170908-story.html

http://www.snopes.com/hurricane-irma-faq/
Quote: snopes/hurricane-irma-faq/

Q: Did right-wing talk radio host Rush Limbaugh call Irma a “liberal hoax,” and then quietly evacuate Florida himself?

No. As the Washington Post reported in an article critical of Limbaugh, the talk radio host accused the news media of exaggerating weather-related dangers but did not suggest Hurricane Irma itself was a hoax.

EDIT: I couldn't find the original article or video of Rush Limbaugh talking about the media and Hurricane Irma. So I don't have a particular opinion about it since I haven't seen the original source.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
September 11th, 2017 at 3:19:02 AM permalink
Quote: RS

http://www.snopes.com/hurricane-irma-faq/

Quote: snopes/hurricane-irma-faq/

Q: Did right-wing talk radio host Rush Limbaugh call Irma a “liberal hoax,” and then quietly evacuate Florida himself?

No. As the Washington Post reported in an article critical of Limbaugh, the talk radio host accused the news media of exaggerating weather-related dangers but did not suggest Hurricane Irma itself was a hoax.

snopes.com is working a great angle as being a fact checker

helping readers and listeners of the news find out what is true and what is not true

unless you believe that snopes.com itself is biased
RS
RS
September 11th, 2017 at 4:23:29 AM permalink

snopes.com is working a great angle as being a fact checker

helping readers and listeners of the news find out what is true and what is not true

unless you believe that snopes.com itself is biased

Are you insinuating snopes is biased?
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
September 11th, 2017 at 4:27:53 AM permalink

Are you insinuating snopes is biased?

no; but since there is a tremendous amount of talk out there about the mainstream media putting out fake news because they are biased, then for those people it is only logical they have a lack of faith in other news organizations such as snopes.com. fwiw i've followed them a little bit and they seem to be pretty fair.
RS
RS
September 11th, 2017 at 6:19:38 AM permalink

no; but since there is a tremendous amount of talk out there about the mainstream media putting out fake news because they are biased, then for those people it is only logical they have a lack of faith in other news organizations such as snopes.com. fwiw i've followed them a little bit and they seem to be pretty fair.

Ah, gotcha.

I wouldn't say I "follow" them or whatever. I don't really think of snopes as a news or media outlet, more of like an unbiased (as unbiased as one can be, at least) sort of fact-checker. At least my introduction to snopes was usually checking to see if something was true or not, like common myths or stupid stuff being perpetuated on social media like twitter & facebook. I don't think I've ever read anything on snopes where I thought it was obviously biased. Never seen a "click bait" name to an article. Of course, I'm still going to form my own opinion and check other sources, especially if something seems fishy (don't worry, I do that for stuff I agree or disagree with), but snopes is, in my experience, the most credible and simple fact-checker.

I remember during one of Hillary Clinton's speeches, press conferences, rallies, or discussion things with Trump and other presidential campaignees....can't think of the word I'm thinking of....ANYWAY, she said her website now had a fancy "fact checker". I thought it sounded interesting and checked it out......and it was the most biased thing I'd ever seen and wasn't even a fact-checker, just a list of her "accomplishments" paired up with Trump's supposed "failures". None of it was even "fact-checking" type material, either. It was all like, "In 2003, Hillary Clinton spent X time and Y dollars supporting XYZ." Like B****, IDGAF about that, I wanna know and see what the "fact checker" says about you destroying all your blackberries and devices with hammers and stuff about the email server.

Granted, I'm not saying her website for her campaign should have been unbiased nor blaming her or whoever made the website for it being biased.....I just think it was pretty funny.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
September 11th, 2017 at 6:38:31 AM permalink
A lot of conservatives do hate Snopes and think they're biased. Just ask Evenbob. He called them "uber leftie" or something similarly nonsensical.

Facts are not the friends of righties in the age of Donald.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
September 11th, 2017 at 7:10:17 AM permalink

Ah, Of course, I'm still going to form my own opinion and check other sources,

you seem like a pretty reasonable guy. as a liberal, i wouldn't dispute that the new york times, the washington post and cnn have a liberal bias. i think every newspaper and news organization has some bias. of course, newspaper publishers want not just to make money, they want to be influential. a newspaper is a special kind of business. it's not like owning a wendys hamburger joint. but having a bias is one thing. claiming that what they publish is fake news is quite another. i would guess that you don't really believe that the news coming out of the organizations i mentioned is fake or made up as it has been claimed.
RS
RS
September 11th, 2017 at 9:42:43 AM permalink

you seem like a pretty reasonable guy. as a liberal, i wouldn't dispute that the new york times, the washington post and cnn have a liberal bias. i think every newspaper and news organization has some bias. of course, newspaper publishers want not just to make money, they want to be influential. a newspaper is a special kind of business. it's not like owning a wendys hamburger joint. but having a bias is one thing. claiming that what they publish is fake news is quite another. i would guess that you don't really believe that the news coming out of the organizations i mentioned is fake or made up as it has been claimed.

I don't think it's "fake news" per se. I don't think many others do, either, for the most part. As in, what they are reporting on actually did happen. But I think oftentimes they put a really big twist on what actually happened to fit their narrative.

You're not going to be able to report on something for days, weeks, months, whatever on end if they say, "Person X was shot by a policeman because X was beating the living sh** out of the policeman." Because that's cut and dry and a done deal, nothing else really needs to be said about it. But if they play it off as some sort of hate crime (even when no evidence suggests it's a hate crime), then they'll be able to talk about it for a long time, get experts on the show, and it'll keep people hooked on it. So even though they're reporting on what happened and giving their opinions on what happened, it's not accurate to go down a rabbit hole when there isn't a rabbit hole to go down.

Same reason why your favorite TV show, movies, books, etc. aren't all "good" through out. You don't get hooked watching a show if there's no drama, problems, and those sorts of things.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
September 11th, 2017 at 9:57:20 AM permalink

I don't think it's "fake news" per se. I don't think many others do, either, for the most part. As in, what they are reporting on actually did happen. But I think oftentimes they put a really big twist on what actually happened to fit their narrative.

I think most of the news that is actually fake comes from BS facebook sources, and garbage "news" outlets like Breitbart (and whatever their liberal analog might be).

The issue with 24H news networks like Fox/CNN is that they have so much time to fill, and they do it with commentary. Political commentary is not news, it's opinion, which by its very definition is bias. I think there's way too many people who cannot separate acts from a talking head's analysis/opinion of those facts.

Further, with 99% of news being laced with this commentary, people tend to seek out sources that re-affirm their own bias and get caught in an echo chamber of "I'm right and the other side is the scum of the earth". I think it's one of the biggest reasons that we're so politically divided right now.
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
Thanked by
RogerKintpetroglyph
September 11th, 2017 at 10:01:23 AM permalink
The reason we're so politically divided is to control us. Think about it... The citizens are divided, bickering about which side is "right" or "wrong" and meanwhile doesn't matter if you're a Dem Or Republican, so long as you're a politician you're in the money and your life is made. Private healthcare that public citizens don't get? Check. Setting your own terms, paychecks, pay-schedules (such as the Gov Shutdown stopping all employee paychecks - EXCEPT politicians)? Check.

Keeping citizens occupied while they push legislation they know all of us as a group would oppose so they can satisfy their corporate lobbyists has been and for the time being is the game... not Dem/Republican.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
boymimbo
boymimbo
September 11th, 2017 at 10:59:20 AM permalink

EDIT: I couldn't find the original article or video of Rush Limbaugh talking about the media and Hurricane Irma. So I don't have a particular opinion about it since I haven't seen the original source.

Quote: Rush

So there is a desire to advance this climate change agenda, and hurricanes are one of the fastest and best ways to do it. You can accomplish a lot just by creating fear and panic. You don’t need a hurricane to hit anywhere. All you need is to create the fear and panic accompanied by talk that climate change is causing hurricanes to become more frequent and bigger and more dangerous, and you create the panic, and it’s mission accomplished, agenda advanced.

"Well, the TV stations begin reporting this, and the panic begins to increase. And then people end up going to various stores to stock up on water and whatever they might need for home repairs and batteries, and all this that they’re advised to get, and a vicious circle is created. You have these various retail outlets who spend a lot of advertising dollars with the local media. ...

I agree. Throughout the weekend all networks were sensationalizing the coverage for ratings and exaggerating threats and misconstruing facts. Alot of this was due to investment in resources -- the hurricane was a category 5 until it made some landfall in Cuba, and it made sense to set up the reports in the path, not realizing that most of the damage and the story was going to be in Miami and Fort Lauderdale which got impressive amounts of surge.

It didn't help that it had an eyewall replacement heading for the keys and while people were concentrating on Key West (which was on the much safer west side of the storm), Marathon was pummelled. The fact that the hurricane made landfall into Marco Bay and Naples and lost a great deal of its southerly flow (due to the cycling of moisture being lost from Cuba and Florida from the north made the Gulf of Mexico surge a non-event which was largely unreported.

You can see the sensationalism when people stand in raging winds. In my opinion, the Weather Network was very irresponsible to put 2+ hours of continuous coverage of "man in wind" with him standing out in the eyewall with 100mph sustained winds on the air. It just means other idiots will do the same thing and some of them (next time) will get taken out by some flying debris. Stupid. TWC / CNN / MSNBC / Fox could have been gathering in stories all over the state and it would have much more informative.... boring, yes, but informative.

I actually enjoyed the paragraph below very much...
Quote: Rush

"For those of you, by the way, in panic, there’s this thing in your kitchen called a sink, and at the sink there’s this thing called a faucet. And what you should do, if you like bottled water, is when you finish a bottle of water, don’t throw the bottle away. You put that bottle underneath that thing called the faucet and you turn it on, and water will come out and end up in the bottle and you’ll have bottled water, much like the water you buy in the bottle in the store anyway.

I never understood the rush for bottled water. In a non-emergency, you buy several of those one of those 5 gallon water jars, each representing a 7 day water supply for one person. We're a household of 2, so really, we should have 8 to last us a month. They have 2 year life spans apparently so every three months you empty it and refill it with tap water. And you're done -- tape them up and keep them in the garage. And do the same with canned fruits, vegetables, and meats, enough to provide you with 2,000 calories of food per person per day. When they get close to their expiry dates, give them to the local food bank and restock (or eat it yourself).
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
  • Threads: 31
September 11th, 2017 at 11:53:38 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I did not vote for Trump ever. Not in the primary. Not in the general election. But I prefer that he is President if my only other choice is Hillary Clinton. She would be doing harm, while he is doing close to nothing. If you could have guaranteed me a Republican House and Senate for the full four years of a Hillary Clinton presidency, I would have been content with her as President, because she would have been able to do close to nothing, too.

I see two categories of Trumper/GOPer in this thread: a prominently displayed Trumper/GOPer and the other is a deceitfully Trumper/GOPer pretending to be "fair & balance", and/or pretending to be non-Trumper/GOPer. For example, MaxPen, Boz, RS, and many others prominently and proudly display their Trumper/GOPer bages, and thus there is no need to waste www bandwidth to expose their deceitfulness. But you, on the other hand, is a deceptive Trump/GOP operative who is pretending to be "fair & balance" and consequently your intellectual dishonesty should be exposed for all to see.

You often selfishly and irresponsibly blame the dysfunction of congress on the democrats. But the truth is your selfish and irresponsible attitude, coupled with the abusing of gerrymandering, is the main culprit for the dysfunctional government we are witnessing today. Stop blaming others due to your own selfish and irresponsible behavior. It's time for you to look at yourself in the mirror and to stop blaming others for your own selfish, irresponsible and foolish behaviors.

You often use the excuse that Hillary or other democrats can't get things done to give an impression that you are “fair & balance”, and to use as an excuse for your opposition. The truth is you will not vote for Hillary, Schumer, Cuomo or other democrats because their policy and ideology on health care for all citizen can harm or potentially harm your income generating ability; or simply because you do not like their policy and ideology on other social, economic, and moral issues. There is nothing wrong with opposing viewpoints; after all we are a democracy (or a republic if you want to debate/revisit this topic again). But what’s wrong is your dishonesty, your deceptive behavior in pretending or claiming to be “fair & balance”. Fox news can be a propaganda mouth piece for Trump and the GOP, but it can’t claim to be "fair & balance” just as you are pretending to be.

I have no issue with you opposing Clinton, Schumer, Cuomo or the entire Democratic Party. The issue I am having with you is that you deceitfully, selfishly and irresponsibly blaming the Democrat for the so called their inability to work with GOP/Republican congress. What is the incentive for the GOP to reach out to and to cooperate with the democrats when they are assured that through gerrymandering and/or your selfish, irresponsible and foolish attitudes that they still get support either through a direct support by direct voting for the GOP, or an indirect support by non-voting for the democrats? Your selfish, irresponsible, and foolish behaviors are the fuel that encourages the GOP to obstruct and sabotage various legislations and political agendas that include the ACA and the nomination of Merrick Garland to the SCOTUS. Please don't use the excuse that “the other side did it too", but instead look at yourself in the mirror -- you are the main reasons for the dysfunction of congress. How dare you blaming Clinton, Schumer, Cuomo and other democrats for your own selfish, irresponsible, dishonest and foolish behaviors?

As I had stated earlier, I have no issue with your oppositions to the Democratic Party, but I have issue with you rewarding the GOP for bad behaviors and then immediately turn around blaming the democrats for your own selfish, irresponsible and foolish attitudes.

Do you reward your children for their bad behaviors? Would you be “hotly” rewarded by your hot girlfriend if you behave badly? And if your answers to these questions are no, then please stop stop rewarding the racist, sexist, rapist, scam artist, con man Trump and the GOP for their bad behaviors, and stop blaming Hillary, Schumer, Cuomo and other democrats for “can’t get anything done.”

It is my impression that your strong hatred on Hillary, Schumer, Cuomo and the democrats is due the fact that the democrat philosophy on healthcare issue would adversely impact for income potential.
I understand perfectly that you have every right to oppose them, and it would be a waste of my time to persuade you to change your behaviors. But one thing I want you to know is this: Hillary, Schumer, Cuomo and the democrats deeply care about affordable health care for all, and who knows – someday you may depend on ACA for cancer treatments, VD or other STD (I mentioned this because you once told the WoV audiences that your girlfriend is hot) treatments, or any other healthcare treatments.
  • Threads: 31
September 11th, 2017 at 12:07:57 PM permalink

This is a point many just don't seem to get. I would not give Trump a positive vote in an approval rating poll. But that does not mean I would vote for a Clinton or Shumer or Cuomo.

Although Clinton is controversial figure around the email issue, but I had learned through national presses that Clinton got along very well with US senators, and is highly respected by the US senate which she served, and she did great things for New Yorkers. Clinton is also highly respected internationally while she served as US Secretary of State.

Clinton, Schumer and Cuomo are New Yorker, and I have an impression that you have some tie to New York, and many know NY politic. Why so much hatred toward Clinton, Schumer and Cuomo. And considering the racist, rapist, sexist, scam artist and con man Trump being as bad as he is, what can and should Clinton, Schumer and Cuomo do in order to gain your support?
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
September 11th, 2017 at 1:05:55 PM permalink
Quote: 777

It is my impression that your strong hatred on Hillary, Schumer, Cuomo and the democrats is due the fact that the democrat philosophy on healthcare issue would adversely impact for income potential.

Wrong as usual..... The ACA has significantly helped my income potential, as you like to call it. It has taken a large swath of previously uninsured or underinsured and given them insurance. So cases which I used to do for free I now get paid for. I am against the ACA because the passers never discussed how to honestly pay for it, and since we are 20 trillion in debt and growing, I want NO massive spending increase UNLESS it is tied to a way to pay for it without debt growth. I am what is called a fiscal conservative. You translate that to be racist, sexist, etc.....
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
September 11th, 2017 at 1:12:51 PM permalink

, what can and should Clinton, Schumer and Cuomo do in order to gain your support?

Cuomo has at least tried a few bipartisan efforts, but he also likes to give away things without really thinking about how to pay for them. The recent 'free college tuition' for everyone is a good example. Cuomo has reigned in the public unions, a positive. If you could guarantee me one of the houses of Congress would be Republican I could see Cuomo making an effort to work with them. I see both Shumer and Clinton not wanting to play together with the other side of the aisle.
sixsisters
sixsisters
  • Threads: 0
September 11th, 2017 at 1:15:32 PM permalink
Quote: Romes

The reason we're so politically divided is to control us. Think about it... The citizens are divided, bickering about which side is "right" or "wrong" and meanwhile doesn't matter if you're a Dem Or Republican, so long as you're a politician you're in the money and your life is made. Private healthcare that public citizens don't get? Check. Setting your own terms, paychecks, pay-schedules (such as the Gov Shutdown stopping all employee paychecks - EXCEPT politicians)? Check.

Keeping citizens occupied while they push legislation they know all of us as a group would oppose so they can satisfy their corporate lobbyists has been and for the time being is the game... not Dem/Republican.

Actually I name that as LOOK THERE< LOOK THERE dont look here LOOK THERE LOOK THERE. Sort like all those farmers in IOWA claiming they hate big business and all the benefits for working poor families LOOK THERE LOOK THERE
dont look here at farm subsidies for ethanol. and the 16 Billion dollar subsidies LOK OVER THERE LOOK OVER THERE Somebody is buying cookies with food stamps.

P>S> Corn ethanol, it turns out, is actively worse for the environment than even gasoline, farmers responded to the subsidies by reducing the amount of farmland used for food production, and this drove up the price of staple food worldwide. and a 20Billion$ subsidy for corporate farms

http://www.taxpayer.net/library/article/federal-subsidies-for-corn-ethanol-and-other-corn-based-biofuels
boymimbo
boymimbo
September 11th, 2017 at 3:21:35 PM permalink

But you, on the other hand, is a deceptive Trump/GOP operative who is pretending to be "fair & balance" and consequently your intellectual dishonesty should be exposed for all to see. ...

You often selfishly and irresponsibly blame the dysfunction of congress on the democrats. But the truth is your selfish and irresponsible attitude, coupled with the abusing of gerrymandering, is the main culprit for the dysfunctional government we are witnessing today. Stop blaming others due to your own selfish and irresponsible behavior. It's time for you to look at yourself in the mirror and to stop blaming others for your own selfish, irresponsible and foolish behaviors.

...The issue I am having with you is that you deceitfully, selfishly and irresponsibly blaming the Democrat for the so called their inability to work with GOP/Republican congress. What is the incentive for the GOP to reach out to and to cooperate with the democrats when they are assured that through gerrymandering and/or your selfish, irresponsible and foolish attitudes that they still get support either through a direct support by direct voting for the GOP, or an indirect support by non-voting for the democrats? ....you are the main reasons for the dysfunction of congress.... How dare you blaming Clinton, Schumer, Cuomo and other democrats for your own selfish, irresponsible, dishonest and foolish behaviors?

...It is my impression that your strong hatred on Hillary, Schumer, Cuomo and the democrats is due the fact that the democrat philosophy on healthcare issue would adversely impact for income potential.

...But one thing I want you to know is this: Hillary, Schumer, Cuomo and the democrats deeply care about affordable health care for all, and who knows – someday you may depend on ACA for cancer treatments, VD or other STD (I mentioned this because you once told the WoV audiences that your girlfriend is hot) treatments, or any other healthcare treatments.

I don't understand the needless attack on SooPoo here (what does having a hot girlfriend have to do with VD/STD). Many people voted for Trump because they didn't want to see the Clinton family in office again. They wanted someone different. People voted for Trump despite his sexism and conning. They were aware.

And ACA is hopelessly screwed up. and falls very short. I believe that SooPoo believes, probably like most members of the AMA, that going to single pay would reduce salaries massively and create physician shortages as the old doctors leave the profession. I agree with that analysis. The solution to US healthcare is long and complex.

With respect to GOP vs Dem arguments, both sides have some guilt to screwing up the voting system. The Dems on one hand use the constitution to allow people to vote without identification which really is an effort to get out the immigrant and low-income vote which will vote Dem. The GOP use gerrymandering (which is truly evil) and voting restriction laws to prevent people voting and to ensure longevity. It goes the GOP an unfair advantage, but people who vote GOP will turn a blind eye to this - they want their party in power. Of course, the biggest disadvantage is limitless campaign funding, which inevitably favors the Dems who have a much more powerful money machine than the GOP.

Your rant essentially says, "why would anyone ever vote for Trump?" You do realize that Americans are very much against the welfare state and feel that the Dems would be taking too much from the rich to give to the poor, would grow government needlessly and inefficiently, and would support regulations to make businesses go through more hurdles to make money. While you may agree with this philosophy of a "nanny state" (myself included), many reasonably do not.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
September 11th, 2017 at 3:46:52 PM permalink

Cuomo has at least tried a few bipartisan efforts, but he also likes to give away things without really thinking about how to pay for them. The recent 'free college tuition' for everyone is a good example.

You could argue college education is a long term investment. Something that's hard to argue for other kinds of welfare. Of course you can find people who won't make use of it, but even if you gave people training in anything, they may choose not to use it.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
September 11th, 2017 at 8:55:05 PM permalink
The latest news is trump is trying to build a wall to keep Hurricane Jose out
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
September 11th, 2017 at 9:20:15 PM permalink
ams288
ams288
September 12th, 2017 at 4:37:13 AM permalink
Not Donald-related, but still funny:

Ted Cruz was looking at porn on Twitter and accidentally liked a post and now the whole world knows.

I'd post the screen cap but it's NSFW.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
September 12th, 2017 at 4:57:11 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

Not Donald-related, but still funny:

Ted Cruz was looking at porn on Twitter and accidentally liked a post and now the whole world knows.

I'd post the screen cap but it's NSFW.

HAH, and the guy tried to make sales of sex toys illegal in Texas

His actual words:
“There is no substantive-due-process right to stimulate one’s genitals for non-medical purposes unrelated to procreation or outside of an interpersonal relationship.”
ams288
ams288
September 12th, 2017 at 5:32:39 AM permalink

There's nothing wrong with watching porn, but when it's Ted Cruz.... it's just funny.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
Thanked by
Romes
September 12th, 2017 at 5:41:12 AM permalink

There's nothing wrong with watching porn, but when it's Ted Cruz.... it's just funny.

The only thing that I'm surprised about is that it wasn't ultra hardcore gay bear fisting porn.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
Thanked by
RS
September 12th, 2017 at 9:47:41 AM permalink

I see two categories of Trumper/GOPer in this thread: a prominently displayed Trumper/GOPer and the other is a deceitfully Trumper/GOPer pretending to be "fair & balance", and/or pretending to be non-Trumper/GOPer. For example, MaxPen, Boz, RS, and many others prominently and proudly display their Trumper/GOPer bages, and thus there is no need to waste www bandwidth to expose their deceitfulness. But you, on the other hand, is a deceptive Trump/GOP operative who is pretending to be "fair & balance" and consequently your intellectual dishonesty should be exposed for all to see.

You often use the excuse that Hillary or other democrats can't get things done to give an impression that you are “fair & balance”, and to use as an excuse for your opposition. The truth is you will not vote for Hillary, Schumer, Cuomo or other democrats because their policy and ideology on health care for all citizen can harm or potentially harm your income generating ability; or simply because you do not like their policy and ideology on other social, economic, and moral issues. There is nothing wrong with opposing viewpoints; after all we are a democracy (or a republic if you want to debate/revisit this topic again). But what’s wrong is your dishonesty, your deceptive behavior in pretending or claiming to be “fair & balance”. Fox news can be a propaganda mouth piece for Trump and the GOP, but it can’t claim to be "fair & balance” just as you are pretending to be.

I have no issue with you opposing Clinton, Schumer, Cuomo or the entire Democratic Party. The issue I am having with you is that you deceitfully, selfishly and irresponsibly blaming the Democrat for the so called their inability to work with GOP/Republican congress. What is the incentive for the GOP to reach out to and to cooperate with the democrats when they are assured that through gerrymandering and/or your selfish, irresponsible and foolish attitudes that they still get support either through a direct support by direct voting for the GOP, or an indirect support by non-voting for the democrats? Your selfish, irresponsible, and foolish behaviors are the fuel that encourages the GOP to obstruct and sabotage various legislations and political agendas that include the ACA and the nomination of Merrick Garland to the SCOTUS. Please don't use the excuse that “the other side did it too", but instead look at yourself in the mirror -- you are the main reasons for the dysfunction of congress. How dare you blaming Clinton, Schumer, Cuomo and other democrats for your own selfish, irresponsible, dishonest and foolish behaviors?

As I had stated earlier, I have no issue with your oppositions to the Democratic Party, but I have issue with you rewarding the GOP for bad behaviors and then immediately turn around blaming the democrats for your own selfish, irresponsible and foolish attitudes.

Do you reward your children for their bad behaviors? Would you be “hotly” rewarded by your hot girlfriend if you behave badly? And if your answers to these questions are no, then please stop stop rewarding the racist, sexist, rapist, scam artist, con man Trump and the GOP for their bad behaviors, and stop blaming Hillary, Schumer, Cuomo and other democrats for “can’t get anything done.”

I understand perfectly that you have every right to oppose them, and it would be a waste of my time to persuade you to change your behaviors. But one thing I want you to know is this: Hillary, Schumer, Cuomo and the democrats deeply care about affordable health care for all, and who knows – someday you may depend on ACA for cancer treatments, VD or other STD (I mentioned this because you once told the WoV audiences that your girlfriend is hot) treatments, or any other healthcare treatments.

Honestly, 777. What part of "no personal insults" do you not get at this point?

28 days. Next time will be a nuke.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
September 12th, 2017 at 9:53:45 AM permalink

The only thing that I'm surprised about is that it wasn't ultra hardcore gay bear fisting porn.

What kind of bear would do that? Those claws...

WARNING. Keep your comments PG. you're "bearly" within, probably over, but benefit of the doubt.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
September 12th, 2017 at 9:56:23 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

...WARNING. Keep your comments PG. you're "bearly" within, probably over, but benefit of the doubt.

PG? I don't remember when signing up but do you have to say you're a certain age? Aren't we all adults? I think NC-17 should suffice! =P
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
Homelessnyc
Homelessnyc
  • Threads: 5
September 12th, 2017 at 10:48:58 AM permalink

PG? I don't remember when signing up but do you have to say you're a certain age? Aren't we all adults? I think NC-17 should suffice! =P

I questioned that earlier.

NC-17, do they still give that rating out?
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
September 12th, 2017 at 11:43:23 AM permalink

And I saw no insult in 777's post, but it was OK for someone to call me a transvestite! Something has to be done about this tyrant!
rxwine
rxwine
September 12th, 2017 at 11:54:18 AM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

And I saw no insult in 777's post, but it was OK for someone to call me a transvestite! Something has to be done about this tyrant!

Maybe it's your clothes.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
September 12th, 2017 at 12:00:39 PM permalink
Quote: Homelessnyc

I questioned that earlier.

NC-17, do they still give that rating out?

Yes, but when it is given out, one of three things happens:
1 - the film is re-edited and re-submitted to MPAA in an attempt to have them change it to an R
2 - it is released "unrated" (but almost always with the same restriction as NC-17 - the only movie I can think of that was rated NC-17 but released unrated with an "R-equivalent" is Kids)
3 - it is released with the NC-17 (for example, Showgirls), but most TV stations will not air ads for NC-17 films.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
September 12th, 2017 at 12:05:07 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Maybe it's your clothes.

Extremely doubtful. Now Melanie Trump looks like a trans, that's for certain!
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
September 12th, 2017 at 12:21:35 PM permalink
"President Trump has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him. He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people .... He has built great relationships throughout his life and treats everyone with respect. He is brilliant with a great sense of humor … and an amazing ability to make people feel special and aspire to be more than even they thought possible."
Hope Hicks, the new White House Director of Communications.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
ams288
ams288
September 12th, 2017 at 12:25:50 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

"President Trump has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him. He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people .... He has built great relationships throughout his life and treats everyone with respect. He is brilliant with a great sense of humor … and an amazing ability to make people feel special and aspire to be more than even they thought possible."

Replace "President Trump" with "Kim Jong Un" and this could be something straight out of North Korean state media...
sixsisters
sixsisters
  • Threads: 0
September 12th, 2017 at 12:31:13 PM permalink

Now this will go on your permanent record.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
September 12th, 2017 at 12:43:33 PM permalink

Replace "President Trump" with "Kim Jong Un" and this could be something straight out of North Korean state media...

Well, in her case, he took a mid level lacrosse player turned model and made her Director of Communications for the most important building in the world. I'm sure she never dreamed she could get such a position.
I wonder if she calls him Daddy?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
rxwine
rxwine
September 12th, 2017 at 12:46:31 PM permalink

Maybe a young Steven Tyler
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
September 12th, 2017 at 12:50:38 PM permalink

LMAO.
I was reading your post and waiting for some smarmy comment about 'oh sorry: only kidding'
I cannot believe that anyone would utter those words and expect to be taken seriously. Is Hope Hicks really that crazy. May Zod help us.

* Zod= the great and all powerful octopus in the sky, not some other fictitious or imaginary friend.
Last edited by: OnceDear on Sep 12, 2017
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
OnceDear
OnceDear
September 12th, 2017 at 1:13:46 PM permalink

OK. invite to RS or Maxpen or anyone else who respects trump, the man, the holder of your highest office:-
Take this quote and description in isolation, from trumps new communications director and give your assessment of it.

Does it seem even conceivable that she is giving a fulsome and reasonable description of her new boss?

Can't even you guys admit that it was maybe just a tad over the top on the adulation scale? I think even trump on his most honest day, would say ' I'm sometimes a bit of a hard nosed guy, but that goes with the job'. A comment, which if he were to make it could be respected.

For anyone to lavish such absurd praise on the trump does an injustice to a common decency that left, right and centre can aspire to uphold.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
OnceDear
OnceDear
September 12th, 2017 at 1:21:08 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Honestly, 777. What part of "no personal insults" do you not get at this point?

28 days. Next time will be a nuke.

Sorry Babs,
Though I agree that the post was provocative. VERY provocative. I think you over reacted on this one. Not massively, but somewhat.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
September 12th, 2017 at 3:02:36 PM permalink
Quote: sixsisters

Now this will go on your permanent record.

Fine by me. I'll tell her/him to its face!
boymimbo
boymimbo
September 12th, 2017 at 3:48:15 PM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

Sorry Babs,
Though I agree that the post was provocative. VERY provocative. I think you over reacted on this one. Not massively, but somewhat.

Maybe we should have the forum rules as a sticky or a link on the main page...
RS
RS
September 12th, 2017 at 4:27:35 PM permalink

OK. invite to RS or Maxpen or anyone else who respects trump, the man, the holder of your highest office:-
Take this quote and description in isolation, from trumps new communications director and give your assessment of it.

Does it seem even conceivable that she is giving a fulsome and reasonable description of her new boss?

Can't even you guys admit that it was maybe just a tad over the top on the adulation scale? I think even trump on his most honest day, would say ' I'm sometimes a bit of a hard nosed guy, but that goes with the job'. A comment, which if he were to make it could be respected.

For anyone to lavish such absurd praise on the trump does an injustice to a common decency that left, right and centre can aspire to uphold.

Thought you blocked me. o_O But sure, I'll take a stab at it.

Quote:

"President Trump has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him.

Never seen or talked with Trump in person, so I don't know. But given by the way his campaign rallies went, this sounds like a fair statement to say.

Quote:

He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people .... He has built great relationships throughout his life and treats everyone with respect.

No, he doesn't treat everyone with respect. I'm not sure what an "unparalleled ability to communicate with people" means. I also don't know if he has built great relationships. Given where he is today and his accomplishments, it seems unlikely he hasn't built great relationships throughout his life.

Quote:

He is brilliant with a great sense of humor … and an amazing ability to make people feel special and aspire to be more than even they thought possible."

I think he's brilliant and has a great sense of humor. Of course, some will disagree with that. For more on his great sense of humor, watch the following youtube video (in spoiler). NOTE: It's NSFW as there's swearing in it; it's one of those thug-life compilation videos.

Did I use a semi-colon in the last sentence properly?
RS
RS
Thanked by
SOOPOO
September 12th, 2017 at 4:47:42 PM permalink

Sorry Babs,

Are we reading the same post? Quote of 777's post with italics and bold added for bad and worse insults, put in spoiler due to toxicity.

I was going to report the post to an admin (my apologies for not doing so). But I figured Mike/Babs/Mission's inboxes would be getting filled up with this post. By the time I go to reading the post, it was already on page n-2 or n-3 (n=last).
boymimbo
boymimbo
September 12th, 2017 at 6:03:57 PM permalink
Bans usually go progressively. I've had a 3 or 7 day ban; I don't remember. But the next would will be 7 or 14, then 14 or 28, then 28 and nuclear I guess.

Repeat offenders are given progressively longer bans by practice. So 28 days might seem harsh, and if he hadn't already been banned, it would have been only 7 days, I am guessing.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
September 12th, 2017 at 6:27:20 PM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

Bans usually go progressively. I've had a 3 or 7 day ban; I don't remember. But the next would will be 7 or 14, then 14 or 28, then 28 and nuclear I guess.

Repeat offenders are given progressively longer bans by practice. So 28 days might seem harsh, and if he hadn't already been banned, it would have been only 7 days, I am guessing.

From my understanding, if you are a good boy for a while things kind of reset. I think your overall behavior counts when the mods are doling out punishment.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
  • Jump to: