Thread Rating:

LuckyPhow
LuckyPhow
  • Threads: 55
August 12th, 2017 at 8:53:58 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

The only way I made it through 2 years on the Big Island was having a full-time job.

Ummm... Which BIG island? Hawaii, I guess. But, many other islands are larger than Hawaii.

Quote: beachbumbabs

Vacation, sure. I give most of you 14 days, tops, and you'll have island fever.

During WW-2 my father was stationed at Oahu island for a period of time (before heading to Iwo Jima). He used to say that Hawaii (referring to the whole state) was as close as anybody could get to Heaven on this planet. If someone lives in a perfect playground -- even a small one -- they might never tire if it.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
August 12th, 2017 at 9:57:41 AM permalink
As a teenager, I did two cruises to Bermuda and absolutely fell in love with it, so when I was transferred there as a young officer I was thrilled . Two months in, I started to get itchy and after six months couldn't stand it. Meeting some of my college friends at a weeklong conference didn't help. The cost of living in Bermuda was quite high and you couldn't drive a car there until you lived there for a year. One of my friends was stationed in the Pacific and was telling us how he had a live in "maid" for around $30 a month, the other was in Germany and planned on bringing a Volvo back with him when his tour was up.
Any island will get to you after awhile. In your fathers case, the fact that no one was shooting at him there, and that they most certainly would be in the next place had to have been a factor.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
August 12th, 2017 at 12:40:09 PM permalink
Donald Trump is an evil man.

Shame on all of you who voted for him.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
August 12th, 2017 at 3:16:56 PM permalink
Terrorism in the USA
Can Trump call this terrorism
of course not, too weak
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
August 12th, 2017 at 4:35:15 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

Terrorism in the USA
of course not, too weak

I agree. Parading and rioting down streets in the name of "protest" should be considered terrorism. Makes it difficult to drive (proof in video) and frequently stores get looted.

Streets are for driving, not walking and chanting. If you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen.
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
August 12th, 2017 at 4:52:45 PM permalink
Quote: RS

Terrorism in the USA
of course not, too weak

I agree. Parading and rioting down streets in the name of "protest" should be considered terrorism. Makes it difficult to drive (proof in video) and frequently stores get looted.

Streets are for driving, not walking and chanting. If you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen.

RS Blocked.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
billryan
billryan
Thanked by
beachbumbabsRomes
August 12th, 2017 at 6:05:56 PM permalink

Terrorism in the USA
of course not, too weak

Americans died today, protesting Nazis on the streets of our country and you make a joke about it. I know you aren't one in real life, so why be a dick on the internet?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
August 12th, 2017 at 6:33:16 PM permalink

Terrorism in the USA
of course not, too weak

Wow. This is unspeakable callousness, RS. I'm guessing you meant to be ironic, but let me tell you, ya missed.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
August 12th, 2017 at 7:59:17 PM permalink
RS was being sarcastic i think. I get it.

Disgusting behavior in Charlottesville and an initial worse response by an inept president who cares only about his own image.

Quote: Trump

"We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence, on many sides. On many sides. It's been going on for a long time in our country. Not Donald Trump, not Barack Obama. This has been going on for a long, long time."

I really don't understand what white men are protesting about. They (I am) are the most privileged group of people on the planet. Only a group of white men can carry torches and guns down the street without getting arrested or shot at by law enforcement.

Morons.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
August 12th, 2017 at 8:16:19 PM permalink
I had no idea what they're protesting, nor do I care (to know what they're protesting about). Don't block the damn street. I read a snippet of an article saying there was some protest with "white nationalists" (which really means nothing in particular, other than they're likely conservative/republican). I made my post with the (mis-)understanding it was right-side people protesting that got run over. Turns out the ones who got run over were counter-protestors I think?

I stand by my belief. Don't block the road. I was kidding about protestors being terrorists, unless they start doing some real crazy sh**. Protesting for a noble cause or against a noble cause, don't block the streets (or do damaging things like rioting/looting/etc.).

There was a YouTube video that surfaced in November or December after the election. Bunch of protesters got on the freeway, trying to stop traffic. One of them got slammed by a car.....then they started calling 911 for an ambulance. How's the ambulance going to get there with all the traffic they caused?

People gotta start thinking instead of just going off of their feelings and making stupid decisions.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
August 12th, 2017 at 8:40:57 PM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

I really don't understand what white men are protesting about. They (I am) are the most privileged group of people on the planet.

It's embarrassing to have your race and gender act like they have suffered. Remember how all white men couldn't vote and could be beaten by the wives? Remember white slavery in the US? Have you been to the non-Jewish white male Holocaust museum? I think that's where they show white men not getting that job because of a non-white.

Yes, white men have suffered. Not all that much so far, but they have suffered. Like a hang nail, or a paper cut compared to cancer. But it is suffering no less.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
August 12th, 2017 at 8:41:01 PM permalink

I had no idea what they're protesting, nor do I care (to know what they're protesting about). Don't block the damn street. I read a snippet of an article saying there was some protest with "white nationalists" (which really means nothing in particular, other than they're likely conservative/republican). I made my post with the (mis-)understanding it was right-side people protesting that got run over. Turns out the ones who got run over were counter-protestors I think?

There was an neo-nazi/white supremacist/alt-right potluck or something (great buff-chik dip, terrible company), and the people in the street were protesting the event.

Alt-righters have already started to claim that George Soros hired the terrorist to murder the protesters as a false flag.
sixsisters
sixsisters
  • Threads: 0
Thanked by
RogerKintRS
August 12th, 2017 at 8:46:48 PM permalink
I just remember all the white men sitting out the Civil War, ww1 ww2 Vietnam , Irag , etc Lazy bastards
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
August 12th, 2017 at 9:03:03 PM permalink
Many fought.

Quote:

179,000 African American men served in over 160 units, as well as more serving in the Navy and in support positions

Hispanics fought on both sides. American Indians acted as scouts.

That's just the civil war era.

http://www.historynet.com/african-americans-in-the-civil-war
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
billryan
billryan
August 12th, 2017 at 10:46:38 PM permalink
Donny Boy's statement today:
“We’re closely following the terrible events unfolding in Charlottesville, Va. We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence — on many sides, on many sides,” Trump said from his golf resort in Bedminster, N.J.
Trump suggested that the clashes were especially unfortunate given his administration’s successful record. He touted his efforts to renegotiate trade deals and the unemployment rate.
“Our country is doing very well in so many ways. We have a record — just an absolute record — employment. We have unemployment, the lowest it’s been in almost 17 years,” he said, speaking at an event meant to mark signing legislation addressing veterans’ issues.
He continued: “We have companies just pouring into our country: Foxconn and car companies and so many others. They’re coming back to our country. We’re renegotiating trade deals to make them great for our country and great for the American worker. We have so many incredible things happening in our country. So when I watch Charlottesville, to me, it’s very, very sad.”

Sen. McCain's statement:
"Our Founders fought a revolution for the idea that all men are created equal. The heirs of that revolution fought a Civil War to save our nation, conceived in liberty and dedicated to that revolutionary proposition.
Nothing less is at stake on the streets of Charlottesville, Virginia, where a violent attack has taken at least one American life and injured many others in a confrontation between our better angels and our worst demons.
White supremacists and neo-Nazis are, by definition, opposed to American patriotism and the ideals that define us as a people and make our nation special.
As we mourn the tragedy that has occurred in Charlottesville, American patriots of all colors and creeds must come together to defy those who raise the flag of hatred and bigotry."

We have a petulant child trying to do mans job. Sad. Very, very sad.
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
August 12th, 2017 at 10:53:49 PM permalink
I wonder if the vehicle was being attacked by the mob in the street? Kind of weird the vehicle even stopped. The lady in Vegas kept going until the car could go no further.
billryan
billryan
August 12th, 2017 at 10:57:53 PM permalink
The car stopped because he smashed into the car in front of him, which then smashed into a third car.. Try watching the videos of it before sprouting stupid theories.
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
August 12th, 2017 at 11:11:00 PM permalink
Just watched it again. The girl at the end keeps saying "those cars just mowed down all of these people". Very hard to tell why this happened. Is there any footage from the other way? I thought there was only one person being blamed.
billryan
billryan
August 12th, 2017 at 11:14:24 PM permalink
Not sure which video you are watching. There are numerous phone videos from different angles. As I said, the guy in the Charger, in addition to running over people, hit the other car( maybe an Audi), which was pushed into the third car, which was pushed into the crowd in the crosswalk.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
August 12th, 2017 at 11:40:16 PM permalink
It's funny that they protest in white, redneck towns. Try that up here in Detroit...
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
billryan
billryan
August 12th, 2017 at 11:43:55 PM permalink
Got any statues of rebel Generals you are trying to remove? Any parks named after traitors?
Tanko
Tanko
August 13th, 2017 at 4:02:23 AM permalink
The largely unknown Stone Mountain Park Confederate Memorial in Stone Mountain, GA is the largest bas-relief sculpture in the world. Larger than Mount Rushmore.

They have a spectacular laser show, where the audience cheers wildly, as the massive figures are brought to life and charge across the mountain to the sounds of ‘Dixie’.

terapined
terapined
August 13th, 2017 at 6:52:02 AM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

Just watched it again. The girl at the end keeps saying "those cars just mowed down all of these people". Very hard to tell why this happened. Is there any footage from the other way? I thought there was only one person being blamed.

Looking for reasons to defend a terrorist
ROTFL
The right has so much difficulty condemming a terrorist simply due to politics
Sad
I condemn all terrorism regardless if its a Muslim or a white conservative
ams288
ams288
August 13th, 2017 at 7:44:46 AM permalink
7 months into Donald's illegitimate Presidency and we got righties defending Nazis.

Yep, seems about right.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
Thanked by
RogerKint
August 13th, 2017 at 10:01:02 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

7 months into Donald's illegitimate Presidency and we got righties defending Nazis.

Yep, seems about right.

Righties are defending Democrats?
boymimbo
boymimbo
August 13th, 2017 at 1:05:16 PM permalink

I stand by my belief. Don't block the road. I was kidding about protestors being terrorists, unless they start doing some real crazy sh**. Protesting for a noble cause or against a noble cause, don't block the streets (or do damaging things like rioting/looting/etc.).

People gotta start thinking instead of just going off of their feelings and making stupid decisions.

People walk on streets all the time in crowds, particularly as part of parades, after sporting events, and yes, political protest. This wasn't about a person trying to go somewhere or frustration. It was an act of aggression against a group of people. Good chance that the driver goes for people on the sidewalk if they weren't there.

The people on the road weren't doing anything wrong.
Tanko
Tanko
August 13th, 2017 at 1:17:38 PM permalink
Looking at these photos and videos, there was no police presence. Daily Mail

It was a set up.

Mcauliff and the Mayor, are to blame for this.

“There was no police presence. We were watching people punch each other; people were bleeding all the while police were inside of barricades at the park watching.”

NY Times

Knowing the reputation that Antifa has for violence, and the tendency the militias have for carrying firearms, why did the city issue a permit for the rally in the first place?

Why didn’t Governor McAuliffe and the Mayor prepare a force of State Troopers and National Guardsmen, months in advance to assist the local Police in maintaining order?

Why didn’t they just pull the permit in the face of guaranteed bloodshed and probable death?

McAuliffe waited until the rally was underway before declaring a state of emergency. Even then, he kept the National Guard on standby.

In the end, he got what he hoped for, a nationally televised speech deploring the right, to kick off his presidential bid.
billryan
billryan
August 13th, 2017 at 1:48:49 PM permalink
Quote: Tanko

Looking at these photos and videos, there was no police presence. Daily Mail

It was a set up.

Mcauliff and the Mayor, are to blame for this.

“There was no police presence. We were watching people punch each other; people were bleeding all the while police were inside of barricades at the park watching.”

NY Times

Knowing the reputation that Antifa has for violence, and the tendency the militias have for carrying firearms, why did the city issue a permit for the rally in the first place?

Why didn’t Governor McAuliffe and the Mayor prepare a force of State Troopers and National Guardsmen, months in advance to assist the local Police in maintaining order?

Why didn’t they just pull the permit in the face of guaranteed bloodshed and probable death?

McAuliffe waited until the rally was underway before declaring a state of emergency. Even then, he kept the National Guard on standby.

In the end, he got what he hoped for, a nationally televised speech deploring the right, to kick off his presidential bid.

Sad. Very ,very sad.
Hey, just because I showed up at a demonstration, armored and armed, its not my fault I assaulted anyone. Why didn't the police stop me.
I'm the victim here. Police should have stopped me. Its a conspiracy, I tell you.

PS:
Tanko, you forgot to blame the mainstream media. Your AR card is revoked.
Tanko
Tanko
August 13th, 2017 at 2:39:08 PM permalink

He didn't waste a minute. Just saw him on television talking education and health care.
billryan
billryan
August 13th, 2017 at 2:48:37 PM permalink

He didn't waste a minute. Just saw him on television talking education and health care.

There you go. It's the media.
boymimbo
boymimbo
August 13th, 2017 at 2:49:36 PM permalink
The city issued the permit because people are allowed to be free. In fact,

Quote: NYT

"More recently, Mr. Kessler became involved in the fight against renaming Lee Park -- one reason for the 'Unite the Right' rally this weekend. The rally was by far Mr. Kessler's largest undertaking yet. Last week, he won an injunction in federal court against the city, which had voted to revoke a permit for the rally".

Quote: NBC News 29

The Rutherford Institute and ACLU say the city's decision to move the rally out of downtown is against the organizer, Jason Kessler’s, free speech rights. The civil rights groups argued the move violates Kessler's right to free speech, because the rally is meant to be a protest of the City Council's decision to remove the statue of confederate General Robert E. Lee from Emancipation Park.

Can't say the ACLU didn't try to help out the alt-right, eh? The city says it wanted to move it elsewhere due to the size of the rally, not the content of the speech.

As for the police, they stayed uninvolved. Same story quotes that the police did not step in because '80% of the people had semi-automatic weapons'. It was already out of the police's hands.

Wish people could be more balanced.
billryan
billryan
August 13th, 2017 at 2:58:41 PM permalink

The largely unknown Stone Mountain Park Confederate Memorial in Stone Mountain, GA is the largest bas-relief sculpture in the world. Larger than Mount Rushmore.

They have a spectacular laser show, where the audience cheers wildly, as the massive figures are brought to life and charge across the mountain to the sounds of ‘Dixie’.

The animated charge is set to " The Battle Hymn of the Republic, not to Dixie.
Ironic as the lyrics go - "as he died to make men holy, let us fight to make men free".
For reasons I will never understand, the U.S. Government minted a coin to help raise money to construct Stone Mountain. They did insist the traitorous Jefferson Davis not be on the coin. Only Lee and Jackson are on it.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
Thanked by
RogerKintSOOPOO
August 13th, 2017 at 3:26:24 PM permalink
I hate Trump as much or more than the next guy, but is there anything he possibly could have said about the tragedy that he wouldn't have been immediately jumped all over by the libs?
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
August 13th, 2017 at 4:08:27 PM permalink
Fact check: The rally was canceled before 11am. It was supposed to have a 12pm start time.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Tanko
Tanko
August 13th, 2017 at 4:54:39 PM permalink

The city says it wanted to move it elsewhere due to the size of the rally, not the content of the speech.

“Based on the current record, the court concludes that Kessler has shown that he will likely prove that the decision to revoke his permit was based on the content of his speech,” “Kessler’s assertion in this regard is supported by the fact that the city solely revoked his permit but left in place the permits issued to counter-protestors.” - Judge Conrad

The city foolishly tried to revoke the permit based on the content of Kessler’s speech rather than public safety factors, while allowing the permit issued to the violent Antifa demonstrators to remain in place.

Antifa

The city could have successfully defended pulling both permits based upon their concern for violence and that law enforcement would not be able to contain the thousands of demonstrators and maintain public safety.

It’s been done successfully in NYC for reasons as simple as an assembly might destroy the great lawn in Central Park.

McAuliffe is going to ride this all the way to the Democratic National Convention.
billryan
billryan
August 13th, 2017 at 5:27:59 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

I hate Trump as much or more than the next guy, but is there anything he possibly could have said about the tragedy that he wouldn't have been immediately jumped all over by the libs?

Yes, there was. He could have said that Nazi's suck and do not represent American principles. But he can't, because that lunatic fringe provided him the margin of victory in at least one state.
His own daughter has more balls than he does.
Last edited by: billryan on Aug 13, 2017
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 263
August 13th, 2017 at 6:31:07 PM permalink
WIKIPEDIA:

William "Bill" Kristol is an American neoconservative political analyst and commentator. He is the founder and editor at large of the political magazine The Weekly Standard and a political commentator on several networks.

CNN State of the Union Transcript:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1708/13/sotu.01.html

Bill Kristol, let me start with you. President Trump saying that he called out violence, bigotry on many sides on many sides. What did that say to you?

BILL KRISTOL, EDITOR, THE WEEKLY STANDARD: I mean, it was avoiding condemning the Nazis who would reason the whole thing happened and it was shocking, really, I have got to say.

I mean, the events were horrible themselves and very depressing and the deaths and the injuries but President Trump's reaction was almost as depressing and now his, you know, people who work for him, I really shouldn't say work for him. They work in the White House.

Tom Bossert, that was an excellent interview. I mean, he's the senior aide. He's not a political guy.

He's not a political hack. He's not a Trumpologist. He is our -- he's the director of White House director of Homeland Security.

And he can't say until you pressed him for 15 minutes that we condemn Nazism. We condemn Nazis. That they are the reason for this fundamental, primary reason for what happened in Charlottesville.

It's a very -- I mean -- and then, of course, Cory Gardner, the wonderful guy, a good -- a nice senator from Colorado, even he, gee, if only President Trump would finally say the right thing. I hope he'll finally say the right thing.

President Trump meant what he said and said what he meant. And I find that very depressing.
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
Mooseton
Mooseton
  • Threads: 14
August 14th, 2017 at 4:08:43 AM permalink
Too much looking for something to bitch about. IMO he responded appropriately and timely. He actually had a good day that day he signed the va bill but that hasn't been mentioned much as it seems people just like to p&m about everything he does, says, doesn't do, and doesn't say.
$1700, 18, 19, 1920, 40, 60,... :/ Thx 'Do it again'. I'll try
ams288
ams288
August 14th, 2017 at 6:58:28 AM permalink
Quote: Mooseton

He actually had a good day that day

LOL

It was probably the worst day of his Presidency thus far (and THAT is saying something).

When you've got righties like Mike Huckabee criticizing you for not disavowing white supremacists forcefully enough, you're not having a good day.
boymimbo
boymimbo
August 14th, 2017 at 7:50:01 AM permalink
This would have been an easy win for the president to denounce one side. But on the other hand, during the campaign, he claimed not to know who David Duke was.

People have been theorizing all along that Trump's victory emboldened the alt-right to do stuff like this.

I am all for free speech. Donald Trump did not force that kid to drive the car into the crowd. People are responsible for their own actions. People have the right of protest in this nation, even neo-nazi white supremacists. They do not have the right to be violent.

I also agree that when you decide to hold a protest to the protest that you are invoking risk on yourself despite your naive belief that police will protect you. Most protesters in Charlottesville understood this, that there was a chance of violence and being hurt, and indeed, some probably got involved in the event because they wanted to invoke violence (on both sides).

Someone died. It was not an unpredictable outcome. People are polarized, and this is going to boil from time to time.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
August 14th, 2017 at 8:21:08 AM permalink
I blame the counter protesters.
billryan
billryan
August 14th, 2017 at 8:39:52 AM permalink
The attacker drove a car worth at least $25,000 into the crowd but is declared indigent and gets a tax payer paid lawyer.
What a great country.
terapined
terapined
Thanked by
JohnnyQ
August 14th, 2017 at 9:36:17 AM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

I blame the counter protesters.

I blame Alex Fields
A terrorist that killed an American and seriously injured more
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
Thanked by
RogerKintMaxPen
August 14th, 2017 at 10:05:19 AM permalink

I blame Alex Fields
A terrorist that killed an American and seriously injured more

I blame the US Government, the REAL terrorists!
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
Thanked by
mcallister3200
August 14th, 2017 at 4:16:28 PM permalink

People have the right of protest in this nation, even neo-nazi white supremacists. They do not have the right to be violent.

There's a big difference between a peaceful protest and inciting violence.

I think when you dress up in full blown riot gear, adorned with Nazi symbols, and carry a semi-automatic rifle, that crosses the line into the latter.

This photo was taken in a parking garage of Charlottesville during the demonstration.

The photographer immediately had a gun pulled on him, presumably because the terrorists did not want to be identified in their "public" protest.

There was nothing peaceful about this.
Tanko
Tanko
August 14th, 2017 at 5:01:29 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

There was nothing peaceful about this.

The police refused to intervene. ACLU of Virginia

Both sides blame police and state troopers for not stopping the violence. CNN

Those orders could only have come from Gov. McAuliffe. Mayor Signer would never countermand the governor.

Three dead, dozens injured and McAuliffe gets the national attention he craves.

Collateral damage on his road to the DNC.
boymimbo
boymimbo
August 15th, 2017 at 7:09:39 AM permalink

Those orders could only have come from Gov. McAuliffe. Mayor Signer would never countermand the governor.

Sounds a bit like a conspiracy to me. Yes he gets public attention. But you trying to blame the Democrats for a violent white nationalist protest is too much drinking FoxNews' (or the Daily Caller's) coolaid.

Meanwhile Trump finally gets it right yesterday. And now people on twitter are outing the demonstrators by identify the participants in the rally. And they are now getting heat from their social circles and their employers. I don't think employers should have any right to fire/hire people based on their political beliefs.
ams288
ams288
August 15th, 2017 at 7:38:45 AM permalink

And now people on twitter are outing the demonstrators by identify the participants in the rally. And they are now getting heat from their social circles and their employers. I don't think employers should have any right to fire/hire people based on their political beliefs.

I do.

Nazis should be unemployable. Period.
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
August 15th, 2017 at 7:58:03 AM permalink

And now people on twitter are outing the demonstrators by identify the participants in the rally. And they are now getting heat from their social circles and their employers. I don't think employers should have any right to fire/hire people based on their political beliefs.

Seriously? I get that no one should be hired/fired because they're christian, or muslim, etc... but you can't be seriously saying "Hey, I know Jerry is in the KKK and thinks Dave, whom is black, should be hung from a tree, but at least he doesn't say that at work?" That is NOT okay, in any capacity.

We literally had a war about this... Sounds like we need to have another one to finish off the remaining solders that are again gearing and grouping up. Ironically trump would probably lose about 80% of his remaining supporters if this were to happen...
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
August 15th, 2017 at 8:28:50 AM permalink

Sounds a bit like a conspiracy to me. Yes he gets public attention. But you trying to blame the Democrats for a violent white nationalist protest is too much drinking FoxNews' (or the Daily Caller's) coolaid.

Meanwhile Trump finally gets it right yesterday. And now people on twitter are outing the demonstrators by identify the participants in the rally. And they are now getting heat from their social circles and their employers. I don't think employers should have any right to fire/hire people based on their political beliefs.

There is a fine but definitive line most companies can easily adhere to

If u hav personal but distasteful beliefs ie nazism or communism and keep quiet i would hope a company cannot fire you for that

Being seen waving guns in militia gear at a rally is violently showing your support. Even if you dont use the guns most people and companies would find that disconcerting

Most companies have images - some national images to uphold and all companies retain the right to fire someone who tarnishes that image
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
  • Jump to: