Thread Rating:

Homelessnyc
Homelessnyc
  • Threads: 5
February 14th, 2018 at 10:03:32 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Everyone understands the point of the question. It is trying to compare a racist symbol the comfederate flag created out of and for racist reasons with the cross which was perverted to racist means thru burnings

An attempt to make plain crosses and plain bedsheets comparable to the confederate flag

Forgive me if i didnt fall for it

Hey guys why not parade a swasticka around in a synagogue and ask the cross and bedsheet question to the jews praying inside

Not sure what you are going on about...

Question was simple, do you think a cross is racist symbol? It's either yes or no.

If you feel it isn't then a no would be what you reply back with not ramblings that have nothing to do with what was asked.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
February 14th, 2018 at 10:10:07 AM permalink
Quote: Homelessnyc

Not sure what you are going on about...

Question was simple, do you think a cross is racist symbol? It's either yes or no.

If you feel it isn't then a no would be what you reply back with not ramblings that have nothing to do with what was asked.

Okay to spell it out for people who need it spelled out

A cross by itself is not a racist symbol

A burning cross is a racist symbol

A confederate flag with a creation and historically racist purpose is racist

Waving a cross is not racist

Waving a comfederate flag is racist

Enjoy your racism and racist remarks guys. Its just sad how much racist people are in denial
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Steverinos
Steverinos
February 14th, 2018 at 10:11:14 AM permalink
The South seceded to preserve the enslavement of black people, and the Confederate flag only exists because of that secession. It's really all we need to know about the stupid thing. It's clearly divisive. And I think it's important to note that even Lee distanced himself from divisive symbols of a Civil War his side lost. "I think it wiser moreover not to keep open the sores of war," he wrote.

Some people, 150 years later, still refuse to heed that message.
Steverinos
Steverinos
February 14th, 2018 at 10:15:52 AM permalink
And I can't remember who said it, but somebody asked something along the lines of "when will the gop return to fiscal conservatism" a couple pages back.

When has the GOP EVER been fiscally conservative? They have grown the size of government AND increased the deficit at every opportunity they've had. This Trump era is no different.
darkoz
darkoz
February 14th, 2018 at 10:24:41 AM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

The South seceded to preserve the enslavement of black people, and the Confederate flag only exists because of that secession. It's really all we need to know about the stupid thing. It's clearly divisive. And I think it's important to note that even Lee distanced himself from divisive symbols of a Civil War his side lost. "I think it wiser moreover not to keep open the sores of war," he wrote.

Some people, 150 years later, still refuse to heed that message.

Ditto what he said
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
February 14th, 2018 at 10:24:52 AM permalink

And I can't remember who said it, but somebody asked something along the lines of "when will the gop return to fiscal conservatism" a couple pages back.

When has the GOP EVER been fiscally conservative? They have grown the size of government AND increased the deficit at every opportunity they've had. This Trump era is no different.

When money is debt, you need an ever increasing amount of debt to give the appearance of winning. Rothschild was so right when he surmised that so few would understand how the monetary system actually works.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
February 14th, 2018 at 10:30:33 AM permalink

When has the GOP EVER been fiscally conservative?

When the President is a Democrat.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
February 14th, 2018 at 10:32:34 AM permalink

Everyone understands the point of the question. It is trying to compare a racist symbol the comfederate flag created out of and for racist reasons with the cross which was perverted to racist means thru burnings

Uh, the Confederate Flag was created as a battle flag, nor for "racist reasons." It is used all over for non-racist use, same as a cross.

You did fall for it! Your refusal to answer shows that.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Homelessnyc
Homelessnyc
Thanked by
AZDuffman
February 14th, 2018 at 10:32:50 AM permalink

A cross by itself is not a racist symbol

See, i knew you could answer the simple question posed to you.
darkoz
darkoz
February 14th, 2018 at 10:56:11 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Uh, the Confederate Flag was created as a battle flag, nor for "racist reasons." It is used all over for non-racist use, same as a cross.

You did fall for it! Your refusal to answer shows that.

Which battle?

Hmm oh yeah the civil war. The one about keeping black people enslaved

Your logic is flawed. Like asking do fish swim in the ocean. Then demanding a yes or no to whether whales swim in the ocean to prove your point they are fish
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
February 14th, 2018 at 10:59:18 AM permalink

Which battle?

Hmm oh yeah the civil war. The one about keeping black people enslaved

Your logic is flawed. Like asking do fish swim in the ocean. Then demanding a yes or no to whether whales swim in the ocean to prove your point they are fish

So, the Stars and Stripes is racist for the same reason? The Union Jack? How many other flags? The Battle Flag is not even the flag of the CSA.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
Thanked by
ams288Romesdarkoz
February 14th, 2018 at 11:37:14 AM permalink
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
darkoz
darkoz
February 14th, 2018 at 11:39:48 AM permalink

So, the Stars and Stripes is racist for the same reason? The Union Jack? How many other flags? The Battle Flag is not even the flag of the CSA.

Its well known that the founding fathers of this country wrote the words "all men are created equal" while enslaving a whole population of men

Certainly when slave ships arrived and the black prisoners disembarked and saw the stars and stripes they didnt equate it with freedom and prosperity
darkoz
darkoz
February 14th, 2018 at 12:50:04 PM permalink
How can this possibly be good for the country

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/post-nation/wp/2018/02/04/a-chemistry-professor-got-his-kids-ready-for-school-then-ice-arrested-him-on-his-front-lawn/
billryan
billryan
February 14th, 2018 at 12:54:00 PM permalink
Happy V Day, from donald

https://youtu.be/Zb1ShTFP198?t=5
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
February 14th, 2018 at 1:03:42 PM permalink

How can this possibly be good for the country

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/post-nation/wp/2018/02/04/a-chemistry-professor-got-his-kids-ready-for-school-then-ice-arrested-him-on-his-front-lawn/

It's not good for the country. But lots of #MAGA folks really really really don't like brown people, that's why we are where we are....
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
Thanked by
LuckyPhow
February 14th, 2018 at 1:34:38 PM permalink
The confederate flag and the confederacy are a down right s%&t stain on America's history that shouldn't be glorified in any way shape or form. YES we should remember the past, and our history, but we should also CONDEMN IT. People wave the confederate flag around saying "I'm proud where I'm from"... like do you even have a clue what you're doing? You're waving around a flag of a group of people who thought slavery was good and were fighting to keep it. They were not "soldiers that fought the good fight." In case you forget your own history, they were the EVIL AND WRONG SIDE THAT LOST. Waving that absolutely idiotic flag around just shows the pure racism and hatred that is left standing still today even after we defeated the pieces of pure racist crap it represented all of those years ago.

People are like "yeah well my grandaddy fought in the civil war with the confederacy, does that make him a bad person?!?!" Well yes, yes actually it does. 100% it does. Your grandaddy was a horrible human being who was willing to murder people to try to continue keeping african americans ENSLAVED. Your grandpa KILLED US SOLDIERS. He was not an American, he was a TERRORIST. He deserves to rot in whatever hell you believe in.

1) Historically accurate
2) Fact Checked
3) Hilarious

Enjoy
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
Romes
Romes
February 14th, 2018 at 1:40:19 PM permalink
Shocking how there have been zero peeps about the story 5-7 pages ago now about how the White House press secretaries INTENTIONALLY LIED TO US to cover up Rob Porter.... SHOCKING

Quote: Romes

Another days, more lies, but will anyone actually care or will they continue to be conned (quite obviously I might add)...

Summary
So the FBI did a background check and briefed the WH on Rob Porter's issues... how he would not be suitable for a security clearance, and how he has potential to be blackmailed and shouldn't be in the office at all.

Then the WH let him be in his position for months, sending out Sarah Huckabee Sanders and Raj Shah (separately) to knowingly lie that the investigation was still ongoing, when in fact they handed them their preliminary findings back in March.

https://thinkprogress.org/christopher-wray-timeline-rob-porter-b5c60ebfc556/

Dalex64
Dalex64
  • Threads: 1
February 14th, 2018 at 1:53:51 PM permalink
It's that distract, deflect, and redirect strategy.
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
February 14th, 2018 at 2:37:56 PM permalink

People are like "yeah well my grandaddy fought in the civil war with the confederacy, does that make him a bad person?!?!" Well yes, yes actually it does. 100% it does. Your grandaddy was a horrible human being who was willing to murder people to try to continue keeping african americans ENSLAVED. Your grandpa KILLED US SOLDIERS. He was not an American, he was a TERRORIST. He deserves to rot in whatever hell you believe in.

I thought about taking issue with this, and compared it to the Nazis. Essentially, Nazis who were participating in war crimes (genocide) should go to hell. Fighting for the Germans on the other hand is just self-defense. Similarly, believing in slavery which at the time was morally defensible is only an error of judgment. But waving around the german flag to be proud of one's long-term heritage is much different than waving around a Nazi flag (even 50 years from now). One supports the long term culture and history of Germany. Another supports the suppression of Jews and Genocide.

I would think that if you are going to wave around a flag to show you how proud you are of your history, try waving the American flag. The confederate flag denotes the suppression of blacks and slavery. The American flag supports a long 241+ year history.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
boymimbo
boymimbo
February 14th, 2018 at 2:39:03 PM permalink
Quote: Dalex64

It's that distract, deflect, and redirect strategy.

Yeah, but Obama looks funny in that painting! Look!
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
February 14th, 2018 at 2:58:05 PM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

I would think that if you are going to wave around a flag to show you how proud you are of your history, try waving the American flag. The confederate flag denotes the suppression of blacks and slavery. The American flag supports a long 241+ year history.

Haven't you heard? Liberals are trying to ban the American flag, too.

As to the Confederate flag, it has grown to mean more than slavery. I do not see the same liberals who complain about the Confederate flag upset when illegal aliens wave the Mexican flag. I do not see them get upset when the American flag is disrespected.
Steverinos
Steverinos
February 14th, 2018 at 3:02:56 PM permalink
No, we haven't heard that.
darkoz
darkoz
Thanked by
rsactuary
February 14th, 2018 at 3:15:41 PM permalink

As to the Confederate flag, it has grown to mean more than slavery. I do not see the same liberals who complain about the Confederate flag upset when illegal aliens wave the Mexican flag. I do not see them get upset when the American flag is disrespected.

So you admit it has grown to mean more than slavery (your words) so in essence a slave (racist) symbol that you wish to emulate because in the minds of people inconsiderate of its past Association you want to elevate it to mean something else

Why? Why elevate an admittedly slave related symbol? Why not pick a new symbol with neutrality? Except to demean those it is racist to by waving it around in their face while decrying it means something else
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
February 14th, 2018 at 3:32:08 PM permalink

So you admit it has grown to mean more than slavery (your words) so in essence a slave (racist) symbol that you wish to emulate because in the minds of people inconsiderate of its past Association you want to elevate it to mean something else

I am not using it to promote slavery or anything like it.

Quote:

Why? Why elevate an admittedly slave related symbol? Why not pick a new symbol with neutrality? Except to demean those it is racist to by waving it around in their face while decrying it means something else

If nothing else it is worth it to see the SJWs have a breakdown over something so innocuous. Maybe it is like being proud to call yourself a "redneck" same as young black makes call each other "nigger." But mainly because it has been used for 150 years and not looking for some new fad.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
February 14th, 2018 at 3:41:41 PM permalink

Why not pick a new symbol with neutrality?

It's hard to come in without sounding like an ass; I can only promise I'm not trying to be and am asking an honest question...

What one?

I admit attraction to that flag for the exact reason AZD listed. I don't own one for the exact reason you listed. But for those like AZD (and me) who intend to make a stand, to point at .gov and say "I see you, and you can GFY", what symbol is there?
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
MaxPen
MaxPen
February 14th, 2018 at 3:47:32 PM permalink
Quote: Face

It's hard to come in without sounding like an ass; I can only promise I'm not trying to be and am asking an honest question...

What one?

I admit attraction to that flag for the exact reason AZD listed. I don't own one for the exact reason you listed. But for those like AZD (and me) who intend to make a stand, to point at .gov and say "I see you, and you can GFY", what symbol is there?

I am partial to the Gadsden flag for the purpose of GFY
Last edited by: beachbumbabs on Feb 14, 2018
darkoz
darkoz
February 14th, 2018 at 3:53:56 PM permalink

What one?

That would be for supporters of the confederate flag to decide. Symbols are not that difficult to create as long as there is agreement. A following can build

Hell how about a peace symbol. Two arms joined in friendship. Im not saying use those but that anything besides a symbol with racist back history

Why have a symbol that is known to be divisive while insisting that it now stands for something else?
Steverinos
Steverinos
February 14th, 2018 at 4:03:02 PM permalink

If nothing else it is worth it to see the SJWs have a breakdown over something so innocuous. Maybe it is like being proud to call yourself a "redneck" same as young black makes call each other "nigger." But mainly because it has been used for 150 years and not looking for some new fad.

Basically admitting what I already knew, that the only reason to fly it is to divide people. We got enough of that already. Geez.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
February 14th, 2018 at 4:14:06 PM permalink

Basically admitting what I already knew, that the only reason to fly it is to divide people. We got enough of that already. Geez.

I hate to break it to you, but as long as people are individuals they will divide. Some of us are tired of having PC shoved down our throat to.......DIVIDE US!

So don't mind me while I cling to my guns and religion.

I see far more violence from those who dislike the flag than from people who support it.
Steverinos
Steverinos
February 14th, 2018 at 4:33:57 PM permalink

I hate to break it to you, but as long as people are individuals they will divide. Some of us are tired of having PC shoved down our throat to.......DIVIDE US!

So don't mind me while I cling to my guns and religion.

I see far more violence from those who dislike the flag than from people who support it.

You didn't have to hate to break anything to me, since I recognized the division in my post when I said "we have enough of that already".

And I don't mind. You can cling to whatever it is you feel you need to hold onto; if that's the guns, the religion, the idea that the "South will rise again", or the treasonous symbol of hate in your avatar. Do your thang!
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
February 14th, 2018 at 4:44:41 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

I am partial to the Gadsden flag for the purpose of GFY

I too am very partial to Gadsden, but that's not nor has ever been its point, at least historically. The original use of the rattler showed it cut into bits, these bits representing the original colonies, with the phrase "Join, or die". It was used to support the bringing together of these new lands, as just like the rattler, to be separated is to perish.

Its continued presence in literature and ideas of the day eventually resulted in Franklin's essay which I have quoted numerous times on this forum, which focuses on the similarities between the rattlesnake and the attitude of our burgeoning country. In other words, a strong heritage, and one which I find noble and attractive, but doesn't convey whatsoever a feeling of GFY.

I dunno, that's my take anyway. I'm not familiar with the groups who've tried to co-opt it since then, so perhaps it does have a growing, modern meaning. If so, I'm just not aware of it.

Why have a symbol that is known to be divisive while insisting that it now stands for something else?

That, my friend, is a hell of decent question. Let's see, which way do I want to take this?....

I usually use the Nazi's. The swastika, as I'm sure you know, is an old Sanskrit symbol of good fortune and auspiciousness. It has existed for over TEN THOUSAND YEARS with this meaning, until some dude failed art school and flipped his s#$%. Now in Germany it's a crime to display it, here it's seen as the nut low of taste, yet in many places in the East, it is still prominent on multitudes of buildings. But you knew that. Let me use a more personal example.

I was watching the Mighty Ducks the other day. The original, the good stuff. As we near the climax, if you're paying attention, you'll hear Coach Bombay call for "the Oreo line", which consists of the white center Guy Germaine with the wingers being the black Hall twins. "Oreo". Get it?

It struck me. This movie was, like, '94. Not too long ago. Yet today, what would happen if I were to call a mixed race squad or mixed race couple or mixed race child an "Oreo"? With my sample size of one, I got gently corrected (she prefers "Zebra"). But I don't think I'd be out of line saying that it would be taken from poorly to very f#$%ing poorly a majority of the time. Wouldn't you agree?

I find that fact, assuming it IS a fact, to be complete s#$%. When said 20yrs ago, it was simply a cute nickname. If that was said today, it's not unlikely there'd be a row. I'm sorry, but I just don't see the progress.

It seems to be the antithesis of progress to shield these words so that their evil is protected and ultra-solidified. I find dudes like Chapelle who will use it so indiscriminately in an way that brings folks together to be a far, far, faaaaaar more effective way at healing that wound. Because by keeping it untouchable, you highlight exactly where it hurts to be poked for any malformed sociopath out there. And why would you want to do that?

To paraphrase Jay, "I want to take it back". 2 generations of exposure therapy could do a world of good.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
darkoz
darkoz
February 14th, 2018 at 6:14:59 PM permalink

I too am very partial to Gadsden, but that's not nor has ever been its point, at least historically. The original use of the rattler showed it cut into bits, these bits representing the original colonies, with the phrase "Join, or die". It was used to support the bringing together of these new lands, as just like the rattler, to be separated is to perish.

Its continued presence in literature and ideas of the day eventually resulted in Franklin's essay which I have quoted numerous times on this forum, which focuses on the similarities between the rattlesnake and the attitude of our burgeoning country. In other words, a strong heritage, and one which I find noble and attractive, but doesn't convey whatsoever a feeling of GFY.

I dunno, that's my take anyway. I'm not familiar with the groups who've tried to co-opt it since then, so perhaps it does have a growing, modern meaning. If so, I'm just not aware of it.

That, my friend, is a hell of decent question. Let's see, which way do I want to take this?....

I usually use the Nazi's. The swastika, as I'm sure you know, is an old Sanskrit symbol of good fortune and auspiciousness. It has existed for over TEN THOUSAND YEARS with this meaning, until some dude failed art school and flipped his s#$%. Now in Germany it's a crime to display it, here it's seen as the nut low of taste, yet in many places in the East, it is still prominent on multitudes of buildings. But you knew that. Let me use a more personal example.

I was watching the Mighty Ducks the other day. The original, the good stuff. As we near the climax, if you're paying attention, you'll hear Coach Bombay call for "the Oreo line", which consists of the white center Guy Germaine with the wingers being the black Hall twins. "Oreo". Get it?

It struck me. This movie was, like, '94. Not too long ago. Yet today, what would happen if I were to call a mixed race squad or mixed race couple or mixed race child an "Oreo"? With my sample size of one, I got gently corrected (she prefers "Zebra"). But I don't think I'd be out of line saying that it would be taken from poorly to very f#$%ing poorly a majority of the time. Wouldn't you agree?

I find that fact, assuming it IS a fact, to be complete s#$%. When said 20yrs ago, it was simply a cute nickname. If that was said today, it's not unlikely there'd be a row. I'm sorry, but I just don't see the progress.

It seems to be the antithesis of progress to shield these words so that their evil is protected and ultra-solidified. I find dudes like Chapelle who will use it so indiscriminately in an way that brings folks together to be a far, far, faaaaaar more effective way at healing that wound. Because by keeping it untouchable, you highlight exactly where it hurts to be poked for any malformed sociopath out there. And why would you want to do that?

To paraphrase Jay, "I want to take it back". 2 generations of exposure therapy could do a world of good.

Both good examples so i will address both

Yes im familiar with the history of the nazi symbol. Indeed its the word symbol Thats important. It means specificity to a group of people that might escape rational logic because of past Associations. I hope we both agree that using a swastika in the east is perfectly fine while displaying it in a synagogue is not

That said it is important to note where you are using a particular symbol. Ie not only delineating what it means to you personally but others. We in america have a large population for which the confederate flag means racism. Go fly it in brazil and it probably wont be a problem. Flying it in the deep south is like brandishing a swastika in the state of israel

I bring up brazil for the next little tidbit. I had a friend from brazil (this is what he related to me so not sure if he was pulling my leg) who said brazillians like making the 👌 sign to departing americans. Why? Because they know americans think they are getting the all good ok sign and smile back. In brazil it means you are an a$$hole

So if you went to brazil to start a business using that sign as your logo may not be a good idea. Again symbology is about people and region

EDIT: and i never got to the oreo example lol. Next time. I Dont like too long of a post
Keyser
Keyser
  • Threads: 35
February 14th, 2018 at 6:32:42 PM permalink

There's no reason whatsoever to ban the confederate flag. It's only bandwagon issue because of
Twitter and Facebook rants from the ignorant. Everyone's afraid of being convicted of not being PC and progressive. "Oh the horror!"
rxwine
rxwine
February 14th, 2018 at 6:46:20 PM permalink

Why not take a Union flag and burn it in the pubic square? That's what a REAL confederate supporter would have done.

Here's a museum piece of a variation of the Union flag.

There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
Thanked by
ams288
February 14th, 2018 at 7:00:51 PM permalink

It's actually not the symbology. It's the sneering, condescending intent, like that AZD exhibited in gaslighting everyone for pages of denial, then finally admitted he's trolling the people who object to his racist avatar, which he admits is racist in origin.

If the intent of an "Oreo" comment were post-racist, it would simply be funny. It's simply funny to you, because you don't see and rank people by their color first. And we're in this uncomfortable, restrictive, non-humorous climate, not because "snowflakes" and "libtards" have no sense of humor, but because right-wing racists and haters MEAN IT.

So the rest of us have to suffer through their idiocracy until they finally die off, because they've proven they're too dense to learn anything. Even when their transplanted heart comes from a black person. Or their blood transfusion comes from a hispanic. Or their surgeon is a Pakistani Muslim. Or a thousand other examples.

Same thing with the #metoo movement. Trump, the leader of this country (nominally), continues to defend people who are abusive, corrupt, liars, probably because he's all of those things. So he has to be scorned and called out. Tiresome, just like AZDs trolling. But silence in the presence of embarrassing ignorance or gaslighting is no longer possible.

Someday we'll all be able to laugh again about these things. But it's going to be a while.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
February 14th, 2018 at 7:05:40 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Why not take a Union flag and burn it in the pubic square? (snip)

Because that would hurt? Is yours square? Never seen one like that.

(I don't usually pick at typos, but that one struck me as funny .)
MaxPen
MaxPen
February 14th, 2018 at 7:14:45 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

It's actually not the symbology. It's the sneering, condescending intent, like that AZD exhibited in gaslighting everyone for pages of denial, then finally admitted he's trolling the people who object to his racist avatar, which he admits is racist in origin.

If the intent of an "Oreo" comment were post-racist, it would simply be funny. It's simply funny to you, because you don't see and rank people by their color first. And we're in this uncomfortable, restrictive, non-humorous climate, not because "snowflakes" and "libtards" have no sense of humor, but because right-wing racists and haters MEAN IT.

So the rest of us have to suffer through their idiocracy until they finally die off, because they've proven they're too dense to learn anything. Even when their transplanted heart comes from a black person. Or their blood transfusion comes from a hispanic. Or their surgeon is a Pakistani Muslim. Or a thousand other examples.

Same thing with the #metoo movement. Trump, the leader of this country (nominally), continues to defend people who are abusive, corrupt, liars, probably because he's all of those things. So he has to be scorned and called out. Tiresome, just like AZDs trolling. But silence in the presence of embarrassing ignorance or gaslighting is no longer possible.

Someday we'll all be able to laugh again about these things. But it's going to be a while.

Cool. It is acceptable to accuse another member of trolling and insinuate that they are a troll.
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
Thanked by
MaxPenRS
February 14th, 2018 at 7:15:04 PM permalink

So the rest of us have to suffer through their idiocracy until they finally die off, because they've proven they're too dense to learn anything.

Racists will never die off though right? Cause when that happens there's no more white guilt to mine for resources. Whites will continue to be mined for their guilt by being labeled racist, slave owners and land stealers. This will continue until all their money is bled dry and murica is a Marxist waste land. South Africa is America's future. The sad part is the white leftists think they can appease Marxist minorities by joining their side but, at the end of the day, white leftists are still just land-stealin', slave ownin', cop supportin' racists.
100% risk of ruin
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
Thanked by
MaxPen
February 14th, 2018 at 7:24:20 PM permalink

Cool. It is acceptable to accuse another member of trolling and insinuate that they are a troll.

As far as the rules go, I believe yes, (it is acceptable) based on many precedents. Even though I still don't like the worth-smithing games we're allowed to play ("the contents of your post are idiotic" is fine while "you're an idiot" isn't or "you're trolling" vs "you're a troll").

#HateTheGameNotThePlayer
#MeToo
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
February 14th, 2018 at 7:33:43 PM permalink
Quote: RogerKint

Racists will never die off though right? Cause when that happens there's no more white guilt to mine for resources. Whites will continue to be mined for their guilt by being labeled racist, slave owners and land stealers. This will continue until all their money is bled dry and murica is a Marxist waste land. South Africa is America's future. The sad part is the white leftists think they can appease Marxist minorities by joining their side but, at the end of the day, white leftists are still just land-stealin', slave ownin', cop supportin' racists.

Could be you're right. Most minorities I know are satisfied to simply be treated as fellow people, but there are likely some who will continue to play the anger /guilt game to their advantage.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
February 14th, 2018 at 7:41:57 PM permalink

No accusation necessary when the confession comes first. Been quoted numerous times in this thread; did you miss it?

Next post.

rxwine
rxwine
February 14th, 2018 at 8:00:15 PM permalink
Quote: RogerKint

You want guilt to mine? Try this

Quote:

From 1778 to 1871, the United States government entered into more than 500 treaties with the Native American tribes; all of these treaties have since been violated in some way or outright broken by the US government,[21][22][23][24] while at least one treaty was violated or broken by Native American tribes.[25] However, violations by one party do not nullify the treaties under US law; the treaties still have legal effect today, and Native Americans and First Nations peoples are still fighting for their treaty rights in federal courts and at the United Nations.[22][26]

White people sure are lousy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_treaties

(disclaimer: I don't know if the Wikipedia info is accurate however)
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
February 14th, 2018 at 8:00:16 PM permalink

Could be you're right. Most minorities I know are satisfied to simply be treated as fellow people, but there are likely some who will continue to play the anger /guilt game to their advantage.

I'm sorry but the one minority you know is too small a sample size 😉😋
100% risk of ruin
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
  • Threads: 105
February 14th, 2018 at 8:19:59 PM permalink
You never hear the Chinese complain or make noise or start riots if they don't get their way or game the system. They just value education and study harder and work harder and make contributions to society. It would be great if all nationalities did the same.
'Winners hit n run... Losers stick around'
boymimbo
boymimbo
February 14th, 2018 at 8:38:07 PM permalink
Quote: WatchMeWin

You never hear the Chinese complain or make noise or start riots if they don't get their way or game the system. They just value education and study harder and work harder and make contributions to society. It would be great if all nationalities did the same.

Two words: Tiemanmen Square.

I could expand more on China's literacy rate, what they pay for college, or the incredible sexism in that "nationality".
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
February 15th, 2018 at 2:52:44 AM permalink

So the rest of us have to suffer through their idiocracy until they finally die off, because they've proven they're too dense to learn anything.

This, right here, is the attitude that causes the whole problem. You seem to think you are smarter than us. If only we would jump on the progressive bandwagon, all will be well. You do not get what you cause with such an attitude. We had it all thru the Obama years, the "if they would just quit clinging to their guns and religion we could move this country away from it's awful European heritage with it's awful attitude of make your own way in the world greedy attitude then we could really build a modern society."

Or the "you are a racist if you do not want open borders, do not love illegal immigration, and do not want as many muslim refugees as we can import."

I see the culture of the USA vs. Mexico and the muslim world. I know which I prefer. And do not give me the "they are individuals" line, please.

Do keep calling us idiots, though.
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
  • Threads: 105
February 15th, 2018 at 4:39:40 AM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

Two words: Tiemanmen Square.

I could expand more on China's literacy rate, what they pay for college, or the incredible sexism in that "nationality".

Unfortunately, sexism is a global epidemic... and it has been going on since beginning of humanity.
'Winners hit n run... Losers stick around'
Romes
Romes
Thanked by
gamerfreak
February 15th, 2018 at 8:09:45 AM permalink

...As to the Confederate flag, it has grown to mean more than slavery...

Is this a f%*(^ing joke? It can't "grow to mean something different." History doesn't change. That flag represents the suppression of blacks and slavery. That flag promotes terrorism as well. END AND POINT. You can't just change the meaning of something you don't like to keep it around. That flag should be burned in every instance of its appearance. The only place it should be left is in a museum or a history book with the captions next to it "This is the flag the ignorant racist terrorists tried to rally behind, but thankfully we defeated these pieces of crap."
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
RogerKintMaxPenpetroglyph
February 15th, 2018 at 8:35:46 AM permalink

Is this a f%*(^ing joke? It can't "grow to mean something different." History doesn't change. That flag represents the suppression of blacks and slavery. That flag promotes terrorism as well. END AND POINT. You can't just change the meaning of something you don't like to keep it around. That flag should be burned in every instance of its appearance. The only place it should be left is in a museum or a history book with the captions next to it "This is the flag the ignorant racist terrorists tried to rally behind, but thankfully we defeated these pieces of crap."

To me it means Southern Rock and country music, Dukes of Hazard, NASCAR, southern culture, and a general symbol of rebellion against the establishment.

Funny how liberals will defend athletes taking a knee to the national anthem or flag burning but what they don't like "should be burned."

Learn to deal with people you disagree with.
  • Jump to: