MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
April 15th, 2016 at 9:51:31 AM permalink
I don't have a spare 200k lying around, and if I did I don't think a wristwatch would be the right place to put it, but these sure are impressive:

http://www.christopheclaret.com/en/collection-gaming-watches-c12.php
http://www.ablogtowatch.com/christophe-claret-poker-watch-luxury-wrist-gaming/
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
April 15th, 2016 at 9:53:35 AM permalink
For the true degenerate.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
April 15th, 2016 at 10:22:59 AM permalink
it's time for lunch...

bu bu bubble.... nevermind sigh
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
April 15th, 2016 at 12:07:02 PM permalink
only. the beginning of what you can wear on your wrist. I would guess there might be a multi watch craze coming, with fitbit, applewatch, all Within the last couple years.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Paradigm
Paradigm
  • Threads: 42
April 15th, 2016 at 4:23:56 PM permalink
Fitbit isn't a true smart watch....really an health/wellness/activity tracker with some notification functuality/heartrate monitoring depending on model. That space is going to be huge...but I am not sure what else you really want on your wrist. I am not that interested in talking into my watch, my iPhone with its much bigger screen is never that far away. Apps on your smart watch, for what? To give me walking and driving directions...the iPhone does that just fine sitting on the dash or verbally via ear buds.

But exercise/health/activity and the ability to motivate to do more, compete with friends and get a buzz when a text comes in and to be able to see if you need to respond...I love it! Meanwhile my Omega sits in a drawer unless I am heading out on the town or to a serious business meeting.

Buy your Fitbit stock now while it is still beaten up....going to be tough to get it below $20 after earnings and outlook are released later this month, IMHO.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
April 15th, 2016 at 5:25:57 PM permalink
Quote: Paradigm

Fitbit isn't a true smart watch....really an health/wellness/activity tracker with some notification functuality/heartrate monitoring depending on model. That space is going to be huge...but I am not sure what else you really want on your wrist. I am not that interested in talking into my watch, my iPhone with its much bigger screen is never that far away. Apps on your smart watch, for what? To give me walking and driving directions...the iPhone does that just fine sitting on the dash or verbally via ear buds.

But exercise/health/activity and the ability to motivate to do more, compete with friends and get a buzz when a text comes in and to be able to see if you need to respond...I love it! Meanwhile my Omega sits in a drawer unless I am heading out on the town or to a serious business meeting.

Buy your Fitbit stock now while it is still beaten up....going to be tough to get it below $20 after earnings and outlook are released later this month, IMHO.

My wife's FitBit tracks when when we get frisky, she earns extra credits or something. I do not wear one, I don't want a record of of my friskyness, or lack thereof. Who knows who's going to be checking my records? I am checking my wife's records, but she's smart enough to take the thing off when necessary. Or maybe she just really likes to see those points add up?
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
April 15th, 2016 at 7:14:10 PM permalink
I own several good Swiss watches and appreciate the quality of design and construction.

Yes, they're expensive, and no more accurate than a Seiko quartz, but they're not mass produced, and many are stunningly beautiful.

An unnecessary accessory in the new millenium, when we all look at our phones to see what time it is.
"What, me worry?"
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
April 15th, 2016 at 10:43:52 PM permalink
It's yonki time.
A falling knife has no handle.
Wonko33
Wonko33
  • Threads: 15
April 15th, 2016 at 11:19:41 PM permalink
they put dice on their webpage but no craps watch
So Wizard, still no basic strategy for strip poker huh?
  • Jump to: