EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 421
November 13th, 2015 at 3:36:22 PM permalink
Anybody else having trouble processing this as
it's happening? This is 911 all over again.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
Dicenor33
Dicenor33
  • Threads: 1
November 13th, 2015 at 3:42:22 PM permalink
It all adds up. As Cheyne said Obama will go into history as the worst president the U.S. has ever had.
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 87
November 13th, 2015 at 3:52:23 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Anybody else having trouble processing this as it's happening? This is 911 all over again.

Excuse me? Maybe if the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame Cathedral were in ruins (and if ISIS had anything to do with it, I'm a little surprised it wasn't a target), I'd believe this was anything close to 9/11, but it appears to be just a group of (coordinated) attacks in Paris. Even the bombing right outside of the soccer stadium didn't stop the match (France won 2-0, BTW).

What worries me is, the scale is small enough that there really isn't that much that can be done to stop it happening again, weeks or months later, in pretty much any major city in the world. If this were to happen in, say, London, New York, and Sydney, all on the same day, then I'd be worried.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 421
November 13th, 2015 at 3:54:08 PM permalink
The guy they arrested is Syrian, recruited
by Isis. Germany is now full of Syrians.
EU will never be the same again.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 179
November 13th, 2015 at 4:30:58 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Anybody else having trouble processing this as
it's happening? This is 911 all over again.

It is very troubling EB. It is a very troubling time and world in which we currently live. :(

Quote: Dicenor33

It all adds up. As Cheyne said Obama will go into history as the worst president the U.S. has ever had.

I don't think this is the time or place to be discussing blame, but if Mr Cheney wants to engage in placing blame he can start by looking in the mirror.

Again, this is not really the time to talk politics, but it does make you look at someone like a Rand Paul, who wants to cut military spending as just out of touch with what is going on in the world today.
Just say no to 6:5 Blackjack, Continuous shuffle machines and Blackjack the Forum. All are Negative expected value.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 76
November 13th, 2015 at 4:40:22 PM permalink
Shocking
Over 100 music fans killed
Terrorists were up in the balcony shooting down on the crowd in the concert hall.
So sad
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
terapined
terapined
November 13th, 2015 at 4:42:33 PM permalink
Quote: Dicenor33

I don't think you should go down the Jerry Falwell, Pat Robertson path blaming an American or Americans for terrorist acts.
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
terapined
terapined
November 13th, 2015 at 4:45:32 PM permalink
Quote: kewlj

Again, this is not really the time to talk politics, but it does make you look at someone like a Rand Paul, who wants to cut military spending as just out of touch with what is going on in the world today.

Rand may actually have a point
Aircraft Carriers, Jets, Tanks, in todays world, may be obsolete in the fight against terrorists.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 310
November 13th, 2015 at 4:57:25 PM permalink
The terrorists are not our only adversary: the Russians are rattling their saber, as are the Chinese.

What will the terrorists do next, in America?

Wait til they machine gun school buses filled with kids: the only response We The People will then accept will be a nuclear one, to forever wipe out these religious loons.
"What, me worry?"
Dicenor33
Dicenor33
  • Threads: 1
November 13th, 2015 at 5:17:52 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

I don't think you should go down the Jerry Falwell, Pat Robertson path blaming an American or Americans for terrorist acts.

what is going on in the world now days has nothing to with Americans as people. It's a lack of leadership. Think of an army where solders disobey officers' orders. The world turns into an anarchy.

• Jump to: