terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
December 1st, 2014 at 11:18:26 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

The police have the right to demand an apology.

They can ask, but they cant demand. As powerful as the police are, that is scary that they are demanding an apology.
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
terapined
terapined
December 1st, 2014 at 11:20:32 AM permalink
Quote: sabre

If you think arrests are tantamount to kidnapping, then I suggest that you seek help.

Some arrests are when they realize they make a mistake.
If arrested by mistake, you shold be released immediately.
The reality is when a mistake is made, they are scrambling to bring other charges rather then admit a mistake.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
December 1st, 2014 at 11:34:49 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

Some arrests are when they realize they make a mistake.
If arrested by mistake, you shold be released immediately.
The reality is when a mistake is made, they are scrambling to bring other charges rather then admit a mistake.

Sometimes an arrest is needed just to let the perp
calm down. Best example there is the professor who ended up causing the beer summit. Just a time out for adults acting like children.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
rudeboyoi
rudeboyoi
  • Threads: 27
December 1st, 2014 at 11:40:24 AM permalink
Theres nothing special about the law. If I said everyone on this forum owes me 20% of their income or else ill throw you in a cage. That would seem ludicrous right? What if me and a group of friends said everyone on this forum owes me 20% of their income or else well throw you in a cage. Still seems ludicrous right? What if me and my group of friends have a vote and then that person we vote for says give us 20% of your income or else well throw you in a cage? Is that still ludicrous? What if I had millions of friends saying the same thing? Dont you see the disconnect here?
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
December 1st, 2014 at 11:40:51 AM permalink

The police have the right to demand an apology.

They can ask, but they cant demand. As powerful as the police are, that is scary that they are demanding an apology.

What? They aren't "demanding" in the same sense as they would "demand" someone get on the ground..."demanding" in this context is saying that you want an apology and there is no power of enforcement behind that type of "demand"...it is just "asking" in strong terms.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
December 1st, 2014 at 1:15:51 PM permalink

He had more than one way out-- .

Not really. Look at the guy and look
at his history. I doubt if he was ever
the first kid in class to raise his hand
in response to a question. The few
times he was in school, that is. In his
mind attacking the cop was the right
thing to do.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
December 1st, 2014 at 1:17:08 PM permalink
Quote: rudeboyoi

How blind can people be? Police are thugs. Kidnappings (arrest). Home invasions (no knock raids). Theft of property (civil asset forfeiture).

You can thank the legislators, executive officials and judges that you have voted (or have not voted) for.
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
  • Threads: 62
December 1st, 2014 at 1:56:16 PM permalink
Petro is right. We are being played. The headline "White Cop Kills Unarmed Black Kid" was meant to suck us all in. The media doesn't care about the s*** they have stirred. They only care about ratings and advertising rates. Its not just white folks being played. Black folks are being played too. I think the majority of the black residents of Ferguson are good people. But there is a criminal element there that is causing all the ruckus.

Black business' were burned to the ground. Several black men with rifles guarded a white owned business during the riots. Sevem African American witnesses sided with the officers version of events. One of those witnesses, witness #10, said he saw the entire incident and Brown was on a dead run fully charging the officer when the fatal shot was fired. Brown was killed about 8 to ten feet from the officer. We know from blood spots that at one point he was at least another 25 feet away. Witness #10 said he was highly surprised that such a big man could run so fast How did Brown get shot in the apex of the head? Have you ever watched someone on a dead run. They are leaning forward with their head down. Brown fully intended to body slam the officer.
"Quit trying your luck and start trying your skill." Mickey Crimm
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 1st, 2014 at 2:31:15 PM permalink
Quote: mickeycrimm

Brown fully intended to body slam the officer.

Some in the media are now saying
Brown is a symbol, it doesn't matter
that he wasn't shot in the back with
his hands up. Yeah, it's a symbol
we need more prisons. When I had
the cab co, I worked with black guys
every day, had them working for me.
Some were OK, but a lot of them
were always trying to pull something,
trying to rip me off, or the customers.

It was entertainment to them, like it's
in their DNA or something. Even black
women in my cab would tell me that
they didn't trust black men at all, they're
always trying to put one over on them.
And they should know..
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
December 1st, 2014 at 3:51:26 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Some in the media are now saying
Brown is a symbol, it doesn't matter
that he wasn't shot in the back with
his hands up. Yeah, it's a symbol
we need more prisons. When I had
the cab co, I worked with black guys
every day, had them working for me.
Some were OK, but a lot of them
were always trying to pull something,
trying to rip me off, or the customers.

It was entertainment to them, like it's
in their DNA or something. Even black
women in my cab would tell me that
they didn't trust black men at all, they're
always trying to put one over on them.
And they should know..

There are hustlers in every race. But I know some of the black hustles to:

A pretty young white woman steps off a Greyhound Bus in a big city bus station. Before she knows it she is in a conversation with a black man. One thing leads to another and he asks her for a date. If she turns him down guess what the next thing out of his mouth is going to be. With a sad look on his face he says "Oh, you're prejudiced." This is a psychological move on his part. No one wants to be called prejudiced and if the young lady is weak of mind and character she is going to do everything she can to show she is not prejudiced. Which includes accepting a date.

What she didn't know was this guy is a pimp who has been hanging the bus station looking for new meat. He sized her up when she got off the bus and made his move. And in short order he has her walking the street.
"Quit trying your luck and start trying your skill." Mickey Crimm
RS
RS
December 1st, 2014 at 4:12:53 PM permalink
"I'd rather be 'racist' than dead."
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
December 1st, 2014 at 5:09:03 PM permalink
Quote: mickeycrimm

There are hustlers in every race. But I know some of the black hustles to:

A pretty young white woman steps off a Greyhound Bus in a big city bus station. Before she knows it she is in a conversation with a black man. One thing leads to another and he asks her for a date. If she turns him down guess what the next thing out of his mouth is going to be. With a sad look on his face he says "Oh, you're prejudiced." This is a psychological move on his part. No one wants to be called prejudiced and if the young lady is weak of mind and character she is going to do everything she can to show she is not prejudiced. Which includes accepting a date.

What she didn't know was this guy is a pimp who has been hanging the bus station looking for new meat. He sized her up when she got off the bus and made his move. And in short order he has her walking the street.

White females are too often easily played. They are raised and want to believe everyone is "good" while at the same time sheltered from the real world. They are too worried about being "liked." I had a gf once who said she used to be very worried "about what people of other races thought of her." She was amazed when I said I could care less what they thought.
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 1st, 2014 at 5:59:36 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

I had a gf once who said she used to be very worried "about what people of other races thought of her." She was amazed when I said I could care less what they thought.

Seriously? I have never given one thought
to what other races think of me, why would
I. I barely care what my own race thinks.
Who am I kidding, I don't care about them
either. Waste of time.
Gandler
Gandler
  • Threads: 35
December 1st, 2014 at 6:33:01 PM permalink

White females are too often easily played. They are raised and want to believe everyone is "good" while at the same time sheltered from the real world. They are too worried about being "liked." I had a gf once who said she used to be very worried "about what people of other races thought of her." She was amazed when I said I could care less what they thought.

Unless you are being overtly racist there is no reason to care about what anyone of any race thinks of you. I can't stand appeasement culture, where everything you say has to be racially sensitive. In a way being "racially sensitive" is being racist since you are saying that some races are in need of special attention...

I am not racist by any stretch of the imagination. However, I frequently get called so since, I have no problem pointing out overt wrongs (like Ferguson and Zimmerman) and supporting racial profiling. When emotions override reason, our country will decline.
rudeboyoi
rudeboyoi
December 1st, 2014 at 6:35:41 PM permalink
I support profiling police. All cops are bad.
soxfan
soxfan
  • Threads: 9
December 1st, 2014 at 6:40:23 PM permalink
I wonder if the evil leftist, media vermin will make a big deal about this cowardly hate crime, hey hey?
http://topconservativenews.com/2014/12/st-louis-police-chief-lied-perps-screamed-kill-the-white-people-before-murder/
" Life is a well of joy; but where the rabble drinks too, all wells are poisoned!" Nietzsche
Gandler
Gandler
December 1st, 2014 at 6:42:36 PM permalink

I support profiling police. All cops are bad.

That's not how profiling works...
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 1st, 2014 at 7:49:34 PM permalink
Quote: Gandler

That's not how profiling works...

Isn't it obvious he doesn't understand how
any of it works?
Gandler
Gandler
December 1st, 2014 at 7:57:53 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Isn't it obvious he doesn't understand how
any of it works?

So it would seem.
rudeboyoi
rudeboyoi
December 1st, 2014 at 8:43:34 PM permalink
This is from a writer at thefreethoughtproject.com

"As a writer and activist I felt it was important to go to Ferguson and experience what was happening first hand to be able to accurately write about it, and well, I wanted to witness history being made.

I went in August and attended the protests following his death, as well as Mike Brown's funeral. I went back in October and happened to arrive on the day VonDerrit Myers was killed. I was pepper sprayed while filming the very next day, despite the fact that I was clearly not a threat and was simply filming the police.

Most recently I went back for the Grand Jury decision and was there the evening that Ferguson was burning.

While everyone knows that yes, burning down and looting mom and pop shops is wrong, what they aren't talking about is the fact that this destruction is the only reason we know Mike Brown's name and not the countless others who have been killed before him. Within 8 days of Mike Brown at least 3 other young men were killed at the hands of the police. Ezell Ford, Omar Abrego, and Dillon Taylor.

Here in LA we peacefully protested like crazy for Ezell and Omar- and yet, nobody knows their names (unless you follow these pages and are an activist or very concerned citizen). Infact, many of us have been protesting for years without getting any of the attention this case has received.

So yes, while looting and burning down people's property is terrible and wrong, what I am MORE offended by is the fact that it took destruction for mainstream media to finally have this discussion about militarized police and police murders. I am MORE offended that instead of stopping the looting and burning of buildings the 1000 police, 400 National Guard, and 100 FBI agents stayed blocks away from the handful of people who were destructive and instead stayed back and repeatedly tear gassed and assaulted the majority of us who were peaceful protestors and press.

I am angry that as someone who didn't smash or burn anything I was hit with chemical weapons over a dozen times.

I am thankful to the people of Ferguson for continuing these protests for over 110 days, only two of which involved massive destruction. I am thankful that they have inspired 174 cities to stand up and say not one more death at the hands of the state. I am thankful to FINALLY see police violence being discussed globally. 

While everyone knows destruction is wrong, I think we need to look at why it took the destruction for the world to pay attention to brutality, and why those who people look to for protection did not stop it. 

It is also important to remember that there were over a thousand people there, and it was not an angry mob lighting fires. It was a handful of people who broke away from the group. 

Side note: I was at most of the fires. The only place I heard gun shots were at the PD over a block away. Their claims of not being able to put out fires for safety reasons is bogus."
Calder
Calder
  • Threads: 5
December 1st, 2014 at 11:23:44 PM permalink
Meanwhile, 20 miles from Ferguson a man is beaten to death with hammers.

"Although the victim was white and the suspects black and Hispanic, police said it does not appear to have been a hate crime.

"Investigators don't believe the incident is in any way related to Ferguson," St. Louis Police spokeswoman Schron Jackson told FoxNews.com. "The incident is not being investigated as a hate crime."

Whew, that was a close one!
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 1st, 2014 at 11:44:20 PM permalink
Quote: Calder

Meanwhile, 20 miles from Ferguson a man is beaten to death with hammers.
"Although the victim was white and the suspects black and Hispanic,
!

C'mon, we all know the real criminal was
the white guy and the true victims are
the blacks and Latinos who hammered
him to death. Those poor, misunderstood
guys, victims of their circumstances.

Sniff..
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
December 1st, 2014 at 11:47:01 PM permalink
I had no idea this thread would be continuing after the verdict was handed down. A belligerent black youth took on a cop and had the inevitable outcome. No one likes such deaths least of all the cop whose life was threatened.

Sure sometimes its hard to get cops indicted by a grand jury but in this situation I see nothing wrong at all except with the knee jerk outside agitators who want to turn it into police brutality and racism instead of arrogant bully getting what he was destined to get sometime.
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 1st, 2014 at 11:52:53 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

I had no idea this thread would be continuing after the verdict was handed down. A belligerent black youth took on a cop and had the inevitable outcome. No one likes such deaths least of all the cop whose life was threatened.

I really love it. Certain segments of the country,
especially Obama's pal Sharpton, are frothing
at the mouth for some legit police case to further
their agenda. And they just can't find them. Obama
and Sharpton are beside themselves with frustration
at how this came out, being the pro race baiters they
are.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
December 1st, 2014 at 11:57:40 PM permalink
This road doesn't look like a particularly busy street. I could argue that Wilson needlessly harassed those two. People walking in the road all the time in Vegas and I see Vegas cops hit their car intercom button which makes like a loud bleep sound and just drive right by.

So there.

There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
rxwine
rxwine
December 2nd, 2014 at 1:00:02 AM permalink
While I don't agree with Rudeboi's extreme position, I think police may have gotten beyond "to serve and protect", to possibly creating too much of an authoritarian position in some communities.

You want to magnify "to SERVE and PROTECT", and not particularly, "DON'T MESS WITH US 'CAUSE YOU KNOW WE'LL EFF YOU UP." If they need to go around projecting the latter that much something is lost in their community. It's not policing, it's the police gang, one of many in those neighborhoods.

Like Terapin, though, I think the Michael Brown case seems less than ideal for such issues.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
RS
RS
December 2nd, 2014 at 1:10:12 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

This road doesn't look like a particularly busy street. I could argue that Wilson needlessly harassed those two. People walking in the road all the time in Vegas and I see Vegas cops hit their car intercom button which makes like a loud bleep sound and just drive right by.

So there.

I believe in one of the reports it stated there were several cars behind Brown & his friend and they were trying to get around them, or something of that nature.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
December 2nd, 2014 at 2:39:33 AM permalink
Quote: RS

I believe in one of the reports it stated there were several cars behind Brown & his friend and they were trying to get around them, or something of that nature.

I believe it totally. It is a thing in that culture. I had a secretary once lived in a mixed race neighborhood, said they were trying to pull their car out and a bunch of black guys just kept standing where they were so it would be harder to park instead of stepping out of the way for a moment like a polite person would. When I was a kid a black family moved into the neighborhood and the young kid would lay in the street so cars had to go around him, sometimes I heard he would do it in people's driveway.

I totally believe the guy was walking in traffic for no other reason to disrupt it.
rxwine
rxwine
December 2nd, 2014 at 4:30:17 AM permalink
Quote: RS

That's what officer Wilson said, I don't know what anyone else said. The next officer to the scene specifically reported traffic as "sparse."

Officer Wilson also said Brown put his hand in his waistband to charge him. Makes about zero sense except if you're trying to pin that you thought Brown had a weapon. Officer Wilson reported calling for backup but had his radio on the wrong channel. Officer Wilson was allowed to wash up. Officer Wilson didn't do a recorded interview. Officer Wilson mentions Browns with hands up on at least two occasions, but he says it was to hit him.
RonC
RonC
December 2nd, 2014 at 5:49:36 AM permalink

That's what officer Wilson said, I don't know what anyone else said. The next officer to the scene specifically reported traffic as "sparse."

Officer Wilson also said Brown put his hand in his waistband to charge him. Makes about zero sense except if you're trying to pin that you thought Brown had a weapon. Officer Wilson reported calling for backup but had his radio on the wrong channel. Officer Wilson was allowed to wash up. Officer Wilson didn't do a recorded interview. Officer Wilson mentions Browns with hands up on at least two occasions, but he says it was to hit him.

You've obviously never watched Cops or any of the other shows, or non-TV videos (actual police tapes), and observed that suspects do all kinds of things that make little sense in the face of knowing the man opposite you has both a taser that hurts like hell and a gun that he is trained to shoot to kill with. That he might have done all the things mentioned in your post and more...and then also charged like a crazed person at the officer is not all that improbable, especially if he was high.

I've read a lot of posts supporting Brown here; the bottom line is that none of us here saw any of it and a Grand Jury refused to indict the officer. Then you hear the stuff about the Grand Jury being led in a certain direction and forget that they didn't have to vote any certain way if they were convinced something worth indicting someone for had happened. It is easy to just blame the officer and make the young man the victim because that fits what you want to have happened...but none of us really know.

Also--a guy was shot in the street...do you think traffic might have dissipated to get away from the gunfire? "Sparse" traffic can become a minor traffic jam if someone is standing in the middle of the road and doesn't let you safely get by...
rxwine
rxwine
December 2nd, 2014 at 6:34:40 AM permalink

You've obviously never watched Cops or any of the other shows, or non-TV videos (actual police tapes), and observed that suspects do all kinds of things that make little sense in the face of knowing the man opposite you has both a taser that hurts like hell and a gun that he is trained to shoot to kill with. That he might have done all the things mentioned in your post and more...and then also charged like a crazed person at the officer is not all that improbable, especially if he was high.

I've read a lot of posts supporting Brown here; the bottom line is that none of us here saw any of it and a Grand Jury refused to indict the officer. Then you hear the stuff about the Grand Jury being led in a certain direction and forget that they didn't have to vote any certain way if they were convinced something worth indicting someone for had happened. It is easy to just blame the officer and make the young man the victim because that fits what you want to have happened...but none of us really know.

Also--a guy was shot in the street...do you think traffic might have dissipated to get away from the gunfire? "Sparse" traffic can become a minor traffic jam if someone is standing in the middle of the road and doesn't let you safely get by...

Bad boys whatcha gonna do -- yes I've seen enough COPS.

What I find interesting is not just that there was a fight in the car, and a dead run at the cop, but in each instance, Wilson had a cover. Not just fighting the officer, but fighting for the gun. Not just a charge at the cop, but putting his hand in his pants like there could of been a weapon. He had Brown either way as a danger. Almost like he was trained in CYA and not just telling the truth.

BTW, what is the amount of investigation needed for Benghazi? Eight congressional hearings or more? I think you low information guys on the right might not be fair and balanced.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
December 2nd, 2014 at 6:52:17 AM permalink

What I find interesting is not just that there was a fight in the car, and a dead run at the cop, but in each instance, Wilson had a cover. Not just fighting the officer, but fighting for the gun. Not just a charge at the cop, but putting his hand in his pants like there could of been a weapon. He had Brown either way as a danger. Almost like he was trained in CYA and not just telling the truth.

Brown was a danger. Brown was a thug. What is sad is that there are folks out there who want to review everything frame-by-frame to "prove the cop was lying" or "prove the cop was 'racist'," without realizing that the whole thing lasted probably less than a minute and the cop had to act that fast to save his own life.

What will come out of this is that the people of Ferguson will get what they want. Namely and end to "broken window policing." Next time a thug is walking to block traffic they will probably let it go. Thugs on the corner, let them hang out there. Thugs making all kinds of noise? So what?

Ferguson will slip to being more and more of a slum, because residents of Ferguson, "YOU ASKED FOR IT!"

Quote:

BTW, what is the amount of investigation needed for Benghazi? Eight congressional hearings or more? I think you low information guys on the right might not be fair and balanced.

Maybe I am missing something, isn't it the job of Congress to investigate the Executive Branch for something like this? I am not sure how the two relate.
rxwine
rxwine
December 2nd, 2014 at 6:59:00 AM permalink

Maybe I am missing something, isn't it the job of Congress to investigate the Executive Branch for something like this? I am not sure how the two relate.

nah, my point was, the bias in the amount of investigation. Black dude died. Guilty black dude. Gavel. Done and over.

Benghazi, can we eternally investigate this thing!

That's what I'm talkin' about.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
December 2nd, 2014 at 7:14:26 AM permalink

nah, my point was, the bias in the amount of investigation. Black dude died. Guilty black dude. Gavel. Done and over.

Benghazi, can we eternally investigate this thing!

That's what I'm talkin' about.

But the difference is one is a basic, street-level incident that can be investigated at a low level. The other goes right to the top of the Executive Branch and involves national security.

Race has zero to do with the difference no matter how much you wish it to.
rxwine
rxwine
December 2nd, 2014 at 7:22:46 AM permalink

But the difference is one is a basic, street-level incident that can be investigated at a low level. The other goes right to the top of the Executive Branch and involves national security.

Race has zero to do with the difference no matter how much you wish it to.

I'd say all the public unrest elevates it to the appropriate level of concern.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
December 2nd, 2014 at 8:02:30 AM permalink

Perhaps MSNBC did not fully report, there was a Grand Jury convened on the matter and after said Grand Jury no charges were filed. That is the procedure. Just because a bunch of thugs burn the town does not mean more needs to be done.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
December 2nd, 2014 at 8:03:28 AM permalink

A far more useful measure is where would an average person feel less safe. That is if one insists on comparing the questionable killing of an aggressive young thug and the well-planned torture and execution of high American officials.
RonC
RonC
December 2nd, 2014 at 8:12:58 AM permalink

There was a Grand Jury. It heard the case. The jurors choose not to indict. They did not just hear one side of the story; they heard testimony and saw evidence from more than one source.

Not even close to the same subject.

Low information? That is exactly what your beloved leader thinks of all of us. Keep us in the dark and feed us horseshit after promising more transparency than any other administration. Perhaps allowing an open and honest investigation of _____________ (any matter related to the matters of the United States as a whole) with all of the questions answered would be open and transparent, at least after the fact. You and I are "low informationed" by the current administration because that is how they feel we should be treated.
Gandler
Gandler
December 2nd, 2014 at 8:35:12 AM permalink

So there.

There is a perfectly good sidewalk on bother sides of the road. There is no reason to be walking down the street. Many cities and stayes have laws prohibiting walking on car roads. So the cop had every right to tell him to move to the sidewalk.

There is no reason somebody would be walking down the midle of a road unless they were intoxicated or had devious intentions...
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
December 2nd, 2014 at 8:51:33 AM permalink

There is a perfectly good sidewalk on bother sides of the road. There is no reason to be walking down the street. Many cities and stayes have laws prohibiting walking on car roads. So the cop had every right to tell him to move to the sidewalk.

There is no reason somebody would be walking down the midle of a road unless they were intoxicated or had devious intentions...

A bigger question IMHO has to be asked about the culture that has someone walking down the middle of the road instead of on the sidewalk like a normal person then deciding to wise-off to a cop that asks him to get off the road.

Simply stated, you only see this in neighborhoods of a certain demographic. What goes thru someone's head to behave like this in the first place?
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
December 2nd, 2014 at 8:55:41 AM permalink

That's a stretch.

I regularly walk at night, and often find myself gravitating toward walking down the middle of the road while doing so.

In hindsight, perhaps it allows me a slightly better view, or the opportunity to duck right or left, depending on which way a vehicle is approaching (from front or behind), but only on a quiet street.
"What, me worry?"
Gandler
Gandler
December 2nd, 2014 at 9:13:56 AM permalink
Quote: MrV

That's a stretch.

I regularly walk at night, and often find myself gravitating toward walking down the middle of the road while doing so.

In hindsight, perhaps it allows me a slightly better view, or the opportunity to duck right or left, depending on which way a vehicle is approaching (from front or behind), but only on a quiet street.

Why would you not be on the sidewalk?
terapined
terapined
December 2nd, 2014 at 9:21:26 AM permalink

At work, i typically take a walk to clear my head on breaks.
I typically walk in the middle of the parking lot roads rather then the sidewalk.
Sidewalk next to buildings is shady, want to walk in the warm sunlight. If I see a car approaching, I move.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
December 2nd, 2014 at 9:31:55 AM permalink

Why should I stay on the sidewalk at night on a street with very little traffic?

Plus, and this may not be PC, the guy lived in a lousy neighborhood and perhaps he feared being jumped / mugged by thugs laying in wait: tougher to get to him if he's off the sidewalk and walking down the road.
"What, me worry?"
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
December 2nd, 2014 at 9:37:30 AM permalink
Quote: MrV

Why should I stay on the sidewalk at night on a street with very little traffic?

Plus, and this may not be PC, the guy lived in a lousy neighborhood and perhaps he feared being jumped / mugged by thugs laying in wait: tougher to get to him if he's off the sidewalk and walking down the road.

He *was* the thug who would lie in wait. He was walking on the street to cause disruption. Even if you do walk on the street, do you wise off to a cop who asks you to walk to the side? Heck, ask yourself if you would even be walking such that a cop would have to ask you to walk to the side? Chances are you would move to the side when cars came by.
Gandler
Gandler
December 2nd, 2014 at 9:39:55 AM permalink

At work, i typically take a walk to clear my head on breaks.
I typically walk in the middle of the parking lot roads rather then the sidewalk.
Sidewalk next to buildings is shady, want to walk in the warm sunlight. If I see a car approaching, I move.

Well a key point is you are on prIvan property and work for the owner of the property, not a public road.

Also, you move when cars come. Brown was intention ally blocking cars...
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
December 2nd, 2014 at 10:05:34 AM permalink

Ferguson will slip to being more and more of a slum, because residents of Ferguson, "YOU ASKED FOR IT!"

Heard Obama was calling for a bunch of Fed funds to use for "training, body cameras" and etc. I don't remember the details as what he was proposing wasn't insane.

What is insane is people are already dubbing it "The Michael Brown" law.

We're past pandering to riff-raff and gone straight to memorializing them.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
December 2nd, 2014 at 11:43:07 AM permalink

This is from a writer at thefreethoughtproject.com

You're killing me, rude. I'm trying, I really am. I think your philosophy might be closer to mine than any member here. But this, this is just Glenn Beck in an away jersey. It's the flip side of the same crazy coin.

"Destruction is the only way attention is paid". Maybe. Maybe martyrdom is required. But they're martyring themselves over a bullshit cause. Police brutality is real. Abuse of power is real. But this is not a case of it. And by attaching yourself to it, you piss your case down the drain. Even as someone who's always looking to fight the power and give it to the people, all I see here is a bunch of animals. A bunch of self imposed victims. A bunch of misguided opportunists trying to skew facts to fit their cause, content to destroy their own home in an effort to jam square pegs into round holes.

"I'm angry I was maced when I didn't do anything". Yeah, and I wasn't milking the cow, but I still got s$%^ all over my hands. Ever been punched in the face as a bystander? I have. I wasn't doing nothing, but I still caught that hook with my chin. Is it fair? Of course not. If I had a nickel for every time I tried to bring peace and caught a whoopin'... But whose fault is that? Being the "man on the scene" is noble. Reporting back, also noble. But you put your own self in that position. It doesn't matter your reasons for entering the barn; no matter your purpose, you're gonna get hit with the s$%^. I like filming wildlife too, but if I get trampled or mauled, there's really only one person to blame.

"Only heard gunshots at the PD, so concerns about safety are bogus". As if "no shots" = safety. I guess knives, fists, mobs, cars, sticks, clubs, rocks and the like don't count? I guess being a group that's being targeted by these people doesn't matter? C'mon. During the "Tax War of '92", I had friends on the force on one side and friends and family on the rez on the other. Would these relationships have saved me? Would I be allowed passage to the white man's land because I'm white, and allowed passage to the native side because I'm native? Or are all the people just that - people. People with opposing views in a highly emotional state, one which would have popped off and resulted in me getting my ass kicked by both? Weren't a shot fired, but I sure kept my halfbreed ass at home.

It's Fox, man. You are what you hate.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 2nd, 2014 at 11:56:28 AM permalink

I totally believe the guy was walking in traffic for no other reason to disrupt it.

There are people who don't believe this?
OMG. When I drove cab in the black
neighborhoods, they use the street more
than the sidewalk. The middle of the street.
They walk and stand in groups and make
you come to a stop, and they eventually
wander out of the way. It's an FU game,
a way of making you do something.

I don't care who you are, maybe the nicest
sweetest most forgiving person in the world.
Drive a cab for 3 months in mixed neighborhoods
and it will change you for life.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
December 2nd, 2014 at 12:17:42 PM permalink
Quote: Face

Quote:

"Destruction is the only way attention is paid". Maybe. Maybe martyrdom is required. But they're martyring themselves over a bullshit cause. Police brutality is real. Abuse of power is real. But this is not a case of it. And by attaching yourself to it, you piss your case down the drain. Even as someone who's always looking to fight the power and give it to the people, all I see here is a bunch of animals. A bunch of self imposed victims. A bunch of misguided opportunists trying to skew facts to fit their cause, content to destroy their own home in an effort to jam square pegs into round holes.

Face, you are missing an opportunity. I can't remember having something like this described so well. I hope you consider writing for profit.

I agree with everything you said here, and would like to add. IMO, there should be no one more angry at these mobsters than good honest African American "black" people. My opinion also includes the POTUS. Never before and never again have blacks had an opportunity to show the rest of the world the ability of blacks. I still haven't seen 2 minutes of this entire fiasco, but I think I can imagine, reading here what is going on. I wish someone as literate as Morgan Freeman would step up to the microphone instead of Sharpton or Jackson. Blacks are victims of their race, and ignorant whites will use this against the entire race for a long time.

Quote:

Or are all the people just that - people

I went to school in one ghetto and worked in a few, from that experiece, my personal opinion is yes, people are just that, nurture not nature.
  • Jump to: