Dec. 7th 1941, a day of infamy.

http://youtu.be/aU6a75KmIaA
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 18
December 11th, 2014 at 8:44:42 PM permalink
Quote: Gandler

Quote:

I am still in college, studying biological anthropology. And my aspiration is to study human evolution.

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/earth-insight/2014/jun/12/pentagon-mass-civil-breakdown

From the article: "Social science is being militarised to develop 'operational tools' to target peaceful activists and protest movements"

"Last year, the DoD's Minerva Initiative funded a project to determine 'Who Does Not Become a Terrorist, and Why?'"

http://cidse.engineering.asu.edu/minerva-initiative-project-recognized-by-dod/

Read the first article and put your interests and your current employer together, maybe make some money doing what you love.

Also maybe get a chance to straighten out some muslims. Those Wahhabists are really not friends, even if they are rich and influential.
Gandler
Gandler 
  • Threads: 29
December 11th, 2014 at 9:22:09 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/earth-insight/2014/jun/12/pentagon-mass-civil-breakdown

From the article: "Social science is being militarised to develop 'operational tools' to target peaceful activists and protest movements"

"Last year, the DoD's Minerva Initiative funded a project to determine 'Who Does Not Become a Terrorist, and Why?'"

http://cidse.engineering.asu.edu/minerva-initiative-project-recognized-by-dod/

Read the first article and put your interests and your current employer together, maybe make some money doing what you love.

Also maybe get a chance to straighten out some muslims. Those Wahhabists are really not friends, even if they are rich and influential.

Its an interesting article. And its a great thing to look into. But I have nothing to do with that if that is what you are implying. I applied to study biological anthropology from high school. I did not enlist into the Part-time Army until I was 21 (if you asked me in high school or my first 2 years of college if I would ever join the military I probably would have laughed at you). The fact that I am in the part time military has nothing to do with my civilian life. I joined because of my views, it did not shape my views. I like to shape the world, I don't allow the world to shape me, which is why I identify as a Neoconservative. There is much that we need to change in the world.

I doubt I will ever make a career out of the military, if anything I may stay Reserves in case of emergency and so I can feel that I do my part.

And I would love to straighten out a large number of religious people, not just Muslims (though in this debate that is the most relevant religion in Middle Eastern politics for obvious reasons), but by straighten out I mean debate and enlightenment as Richard Dawkins has been doing, he is one of my great heroes. I probably have been more influenced by him than anyone... But influenced is the wrong word, I would say open-minded against religious mindsets which cause most of the problems in the world. I ultimately would like to become a writer.

But I can assure you I have no involvement in any top secret social program... If I did, I doubt I would be on a public gambling forum arguing about foreign policy in a way that many view as controversial ...
"Whatever is my right as a man is also the right of another; and it becomes my duty to guarantee as well as to possess. -Thomas Paine
petroglyph
petroglyph
December 11th, 2014 at 9:49:54 PM permalink

Quote:

But I can assure you I have no involvement in any top secret social program

No, I have no doubt about you being 007 or super sleuth or anything of the sort. Just a coincidence in my reading I came across the article and I recalled you mentioning it, thought I would toss it out there.

I thought you were the medic for the 5th fleet. j/k

The article when I read it also tied in with you mentioning the national police should be under the HMS versus DOD.
Gandler
Gandler 
December 11th, 2014 at 11:27:52 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

No, I have no doubt about you being 007 or super sleuth or anything of the sort. Just a coincidence in my reading I came across the article and I recalled you mentioning it, thought I would toss it out there.

I thought you were the medic for the 5th fleet. j/k

The article when I read it also tied in with you mentioning the national police should be under the HMS versus DOD.

It would have to fall under HS. DOD can't enforce the law inside American soil, unless there is martial law.

That is the reason the coast guard is not under DOD despite being a military branch because they are the only branch to have a law enforcement job on homeland soil as well as away.

I am National Guard, which is complicated. It is a Reserve Component of the Army (so to join you have to go through Army boot camp and Army training for whatever your job is, then you go home). However, when you are not deployed oversees you work for local state so the state can activate you for emergencies such as hurricanes (not uncommon in NJ). I am NJ Army Guard. So normally one weekend a month I go to the local armory to work and that's it, unless they call you for an emergency or the federal government activates you to deploy oversees (as my unit currently is). That's probably a jumbled definition but it's hard to describe while keeping in context, since the National Guard is strange to explain and even a lot of people in it don't seem to understand the state vs federal ownership over you In various circumstances.
"Whatever is my right as a man is also the right of another; and it becomes my duty to guarantee as well as to possess. -Thomas Paine
petroglyph
petroglyph
December 16th, 2014 at 3:29:47 PM permalink
Timelapse photography of every nuclear explosion in a little over 14 minutes. It is sort of pretty starting at about 6 minutes in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLCF7vPanrY
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
December 16th, 2014 at 5:05:40 PM permalink

I am NJ Army Guard. So normally one weekend a month I go to the local armory to work and that's it,

Do they not still have the two-week ANACDUTRA?
Gandler
Gandler 
December 16th, 2014 at 5:12:30 PM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

We do 2 week Summer training. Is that what you mean? I am not familiar with that acronym?
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
December 16th, 2014 at 5:32:18 PM permalink

We do 2 week Summer training. Is that what you mean? I am not familiar with that acronym?

It stands (or used to stand) for Annual Active Duty for Training and had to appear on all the relevant orders. AR 10-135 (antique edition).
Gandler
Gandler 
December 16th, 2014 at 5:47:47 PM permalink

It stands (or used to stand) for Annual Active Duty for Training and had to appear on all the relevant orders. AR 10-135 (antique edition).

Oh OK, Gotcha. I have just never heard it that way before. Normally we all just call it AT (Annual Training). I have only been in a bit over 2 years, so maybe that is an older generation term (or maybe we are just too lazy to use the full proper term lol)

But, yea in the summer (well technically it can be anytime of year, as long as once a year, but almost all units do it in the summer) the NG usually does 2-4 weeks of training (12 days at minimum, no longer than 30 days). My Unit seems to do about 3 weeks usually based on what I have seen.

• Jump to: