Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
April 25th, 2014 at 8:13:22 AM permalink
I hear the advertisements all the time on ESPN radio: so and so won this, another guy won that, etc. I understand that it's made to sound like easy pickings, especially to the sports handicapper. I'm talking about the "daily leagues" at FanDuel.

I don't bet sports, and I don't do fantasy sports. But I'm interested if there is some sort of angle that could be worked. Or is it just random, a crap shoot where you guess the lucky guy a whole bunch of times and win?
A falling knife has no handle.
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
April 25th, 2014 at 8:24:26 AM permalink
There was another thread that discussed it and the consensus was that it's too hard to make money on it because the competition is tough.
steeldco
steeldco
  • Threads: 52
April 25th, 2014 at 8:42:39 AM permalink
I've tried it a few times but couldn't come up with a strategy that might have a chance at working. You are so dependent on how much a coach uses a player that it becomes near impossible. Anyway, that's my experience. I will return to it if I find some methodology that might make some sense.
DO NOT blindly accept what has been spoken. DO NOT blindly accept what has been written. Think. Assess. Lead. DO NOT blindly follow.
TerribleTom
TerribleTom
  • Threads: 8
April 25th, 2014 at 8:46:37 AM permalink
The system would be to pay an insane amount of attention to baseball for years on end, becoming the kind of stat-head that could quote batting averages vs. specific pitchers or in specific situations for nearly every fantasy relevant player in the league.

It would be a tough way to consistently make money.
MidwestAP
MidwestAP
  • Threads: 22
April 25th, 2014 at 8:56:29 AM permalink
How much does FanDuel take out of each entry? I'm guessing it's a sliding scale based on then entry fee amount?
  • Jump to: