steeldco
steeldco
  • Threads: 52
January 31st, 2014 at 10:55:36 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

I thing the LarryS was making a joke about bread by the dozen.

Yea. That must be it. "I wrote it, but thats's not what I meant to say...." or "I was just being funny, You didn't catch the sarcasm?"
You're always spinning AZ.
DO NOT blindly accept what has been spoken. DO NOT blindly accept what has been written. Think. Assess. Lead. DO NOT blindly follow.
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
January 31st, 2014 at 11:05:37 AM permalink
Quote: steeldco

Yea. That must be it. "I wrote it, but thats's not what I meant to say...." or "I was just being funny, You didn't catch the sarcasm?"

I think I'll have some of that famous Costco giant mayonnaise delivered to me so that the cashier doesn't have to lift it.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
January 31st, 2014 at 11:06:10 AM permalink

An intelligent reader will generally see sarcasm or a joke without the writer having to explain it. Anyone who has been to Costco or Sam's Club knows there are single loaves of bread but most items come in huge sized packages made special for their stores. There was even a "Seinfeld" episode where Kramer shopped there and they showed huge packages, some of which were probably made special as props for the show.

So when you see a store with huge sizes of everything it is no normal to joke like that. Liberals, however, tend to miss humor unless it is direct and slapstick. Dry humor is funny, often the funniest. That is what LarryS was trying to convey.

I was not "spinning" at all. I was showing S2's tendency to personally insult people with whom he disagrees with.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
LarryS
LarryS
  • Threads: 67
January 31st, 2014 at 11:14:18 AM permalink
the idea that an increase of minimum wage would get people sitting at home on welfare into the job market is faulty.

If a company doesnt want to pay these people 10 dollars an hour now,,,,what makes you think they want to pay them 10 dollars an hour when they are forced to.

For 10/hours , companies can be more choosey...more selective, putting more emphasis on experience, communications skills, appearance, amd perceived drive

If people sitting at home on welfare have been denied jobs in the past.....then they are going to be passed over more certainly going foward in a higher wage climate.
LarryS
LarryS
January 31st, 2014 at 11:16:23 AM permalink

Here is a challange

print the quote where I said there were 10 loaves of bread packages......go ahead.
LarryS
LarryS
January 31st, 2014 at 11:26:18 AM permalink

An intelligent reader will generally see sarcasm or a joke without the writer having to explain it. Anyone who has been to Costco or Sam's Club knows there are single loaves of bread but most items come in huge sized packages made special for their stores. There was even a "Seinfeld" episode where Kramer shopped there and they showed huge packages, some of which were probably made special as props for the show.

So when you see a store with huge sizes of everything it is no normal to joke like that. Liberals, however, tend to miss humor unless it is direct and slapstick. Dry humor is funny, often the funniest. That is what LarryS was trying to convey.

I was not "spinning" at all. I was showing S2's tendency to personally insult people with whom he disagrees with.

correct

instead of focusing on the jistof my post being that costco workers are more financially and physically productive and can garner higher wages....he wants to debate that with a non exisitant reference to 10 loaves of bread. Every size I mentioned is NOT an exaggeration. It was a cogent response to his post in which I included FACTS.

He has no comment to the fact that the people that costco passes over and doesnt hire, has a second chance for lesser moeny at sams club or walmart for their lesser qualifications. Its nice to have places where less qualified people can be employed. And places where better qualified people can make more.
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
January 31st, 2014 at 11:38:36 AM permalink
Quote: LarryS

the idea that an increase of minimum wage would get people sitting at home on welfare into the job market is faulty.

If a company doesnt want to pay these people 10 dollars an hour now,,,,what makes you think they want to pay them 10 dollars an hour when they are forced to.

For 10/hours , companies can be more choosey...more selective, putting more emphasis on experience, communications skills, appearance, amd perceived drive

If people sitting at home on welfare have been denied jobs in the past.....then they are going to be passed over more certainly going foward in a higher wage climate.

Anecdotal. Show me the study.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
January 31st, 2014 at 11:43:10 AM permalink

Of course Az merely does it with a broader brush. From the same post and without an ounce of self-awareness..

Liberals, however, tend to miss humor unless it is direct and slapstick.

Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
boymimbo
boymimbo
January 31st, 2014 at 11:44:18 AM permalink

correct

instead of focusing on the jistof my post being that costco workers are more financially and physically productive and can garner higher wages....he wants to debate that with a non exisitant reference to 10 loaves of bread. Every size I mentioned is NOT an exaggeration. It was a cogent response to his post in which I included FACTS.

He has no comment to the fact that the people that costco passes over and doesnt hire, has a second chance for lesser moeny at sams club or walmart for their lesser qualifications. Its nice to have places where less qualified people can be employed. And places where better qualified people can make more.

No.

CostCo and other employers make decisions to pay people above market for social and retention purposes. I am sure that if Costco decided to pay its cashiers $10 instead of $15 with the job requirements they would get a good group of people, except they would have to work part-time at a second job to get ahead and be enticed to go somewhere else at a moment's notice.

It's a business model that works very well for CostCo and flies in the face of the wisdom of some of the posters on this site, that's all. Employers realize this already which is why only 2 percent of workers make minimum wage. Retention and loyalty for higher pay has rewards including more productivity, happier workers, and social responsibility.
LarryS
LarryS
January 31st, 2014 at 12:06:10 PM permalink
social and retention purposes only?

also because financially the workers produce profits for the company at a higher level than other places.

Its all financial. It doesnt help business to have mary at cashier each day. I dont come into costco specifically wanting to be rung up by mary.

The physicality of the job might make someone jump ship..and cost the company money in extra training costs. So its financially advantageous for the company to reduce new hire training cost, and to pay for the productivity. And in the process they can pick and choose quality people and pass over the people that apply with no experience, poor communication skills, or of poor appearnace(dressed poorly, obese old/fraile)

Look at costco workers(other than the ones that are in fornt at cust service or checking the receipts on the way out or handing out free coctail hot dogs)). You dont see 100 lb 55 year old grandmothers at the checkout. Its a hysical job. The 55 year old grandma cashier can get a job at walmart. You dont see people speaking broken english at costco...they pass over those folks...becasue for what they pay...they can.

Just as a person working hourly in a fine jewelry store will make more than a person working hourly in a costume jewelery store. The profit per customer is higher.
LarryS
LarryS
January 31st, 2014 at 12:06:51 PM permalink
still waiting for someopne to quote my ten loaves of bread comment
steeldco
steeldco
January 31st, 2014 at 12:07:28 PM permalink

You obviously havent beent to Costrco, Because you cant even buy a single loaf of bread.

Larry, the above is what you had said. It is obviously incorrect. Yes? So you were blatantly lying? Being funny, as your buddy AZ has said when HE said 12 loaves? Which is it Larry?
DO NOT blindly accept what has been spoken. DO NOT blindly accept what has been written. Think. Assess. Lead. DO NOT blindly follow.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
January 31st, 2014 at 12:16:49 PM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

(2) Increasing minimum wage increases inflation.

I never said that. Inflation affects everything. Some businesses may increase prices as a result of raising the minimum wage, but others won't. They'll just lay people off instead.

(3) Government already tells employers what the minimum is.

Yeah, and I oppose that too. Some people are only worth $2.00/hr. Also, anyone making such a small amount would have a HUGE incentive to better themselves so that they can get higher paying jobs.
Fighting BS one post at a time!
kracker21
kracker21
  • Threads: 1
January 31st, 2014 at 12:21:31 PM permalink

Larry, the above is what you had said. It is obviously incorrect. Yes? So you were blatantly lying? Being funny, as your buddy AZ has said when HE said 12 loaves? Which is it Larry?

I tried to buy a single loaf of bread at my local costco and the cashier made me go and get the second loaf that has to come with it. So at my costco you can not buy a single loaf.
LarryS
LarryS
January 31st, 2014 at 12:25:01 PM permalink
are you that bankrupt of cogent responses that you have to fixate on bread, Are you so devoid of weighty intellectual comment that you have to debate that the above statement implies 10 loaves of bread? Really.....I dont even think a ten year old would act as such a baffoon.

There are folks with Downs syndrome who could come up with a better logical retort.

Yet instead of responding to the economic reprecussions of minimum wage increases in the context of costco....instead of trying to prove a point based on intellectual on topic contributions........you instead try to talk about 10 loaves of bread.

Are you so devoid of logical communication that u need to fixate on 10 loaves of bread( something that was never posted)

Just because when I want to buy a loaf of bread at costco..I have to buy a pack of 2 at a time//////doesnt mean I am buying ten loaves.

that "ten loaves" nonsense is your way of saying "i am over my head in this debate...so I will fog the issue with a bread debate...yeah thats the ticket"

it doesnt work...it makes you look like a little boy who just got back from hos paper route and needs some attention while the parents are out for the day

10 loaves of bread....that is hilarious
steeldco
steeldco
January 31st, 2014 at 12:29:17 PM permalink
Quote: kracker21

I tried to buy a single loaf of bread at my local costco and the cashier made me go and get the second loaf that has to come with it. So at my costco you can not buy a single loaf.

So then why can I go to the website and buy a single loaf? I could be making a mistake I suppose since I don't shop there. Check the website out and let me know.

http://www2.costco.com/Common/Search.aspx?whse=BD_578&topnav=bd&search=bread&N=0&Ntt=bread&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-US
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
January 31st, 2014 at 12:30:03 PM permalink

I would also note that they've raised minimum wage in more than a dozen states to above the federal mandate and there was no effect.

Guess you missed the unemployment rate...

Raise minimum wage, get some more people off welfare and food stamps and enable more Americans to enter the middle class where they will spend!

It's amazing how liberals want to "give" people money instead of motivating them to earn it themselves.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
January 31st, 2014 at 12:33:46 PM permalink
Quote: Beethoven9th

It's amazing how liberals want to "give" people money instead of motivating them to earn it themselves.

You need to edit this and put the words "other people's" between the words "people" and "money."
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
January 31st, 2014 at 12:34:04 PM permalink

Glad to see I am not the only one S2 talks to this way.

That means you and LarryS must really be getting under s2's skin by showing him facts that he can't refute. It's so entertaining watching libs go off the deep end. ;)

You need to edit this and put the words "other people's" between the words "people" and "money."

+1
kracker21
kracker21
  • Threads: 1
January 31st, 2014 at 12:43:08 PM permalink

So then why can I go to the website and buy a single loaf? I could be making a mistake I suppose since I don't shop there. Check the website out and let me know.

http://www2.costco.com/Common/Search.aspx?whse=BD_578&topnav=bd&search=bread&N=0&Ntt=bread&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-US

I know reading is hard, I said my "local costco" i know the website has lots more offerings then does the store as most websites do compared to there stores. Heck it might even be different at other Costcos around the country. I just think its a bit extreme to call someone a liar when you dont shop at the store in question.
LarryS
LarryS
January 31st, 2014 at 12:46:31 PM permalink

where has anyone mentioned the website. We were talking about cashiers, minimum wage, and sams club, walmart, and the large sizes and the larger cost to the customer that average shopping carts cntain. Thereby making the cashier do more phsyical work, and bring in more dollars per customer for the company.

No where was there ever a debate whether you can buy a single loaf of bread at online costco.

the "loaf of bread" debate is just a fogging method used by people overwhelmed by facts they cant cogently argue.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
January 31st, 2014 at 1:02:31 PM permalink

No where was there ever a debate whether you can buy a single loaf of bread at online costco.

I don't get steeldco's point either. Many retailers offer things on their websites that they don't offer in their stores. Oftentimes the prices are different as well.
LarryS
LarryS
January 31st, 2014 at 1:21:36 PM permalink
Quote: kracker21

anyone who has been to costco knows is that when they(costco) cant get the maufacturer to make larger sizes, they couple the available sizes together.

A bag with 2 loaves of bread in it,
2 large bottles of Ketshup banded together,
2 large bottle of olive oil banded togeher
individual bags of bagels with a sign....mix and match any 2 bags for 9.99......not 4.99 each..that is not an option.

Not only making you buy the largest size available,,,but making you buy 2 of them.

No reason for me to lie about it....

Its a fact.

unless someone wants to accuse me of saying you need to buy ten loaves of bread....
Sabretom2
Sabretom2
  • Threads: 11
January 31st, 2014 at 1:34:10 PM permalink
After reading the last 6 or7 pages, I have just one word: Damn.
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
January 31st, 2014 at 3:34:42 PM permalink

are you that bankrupt of cogent responses that you have to fixate on bread

..says the person who used three posts to ask people to quote him about bread:

still waiting for someopne to quote my ten loaves of bread comment

steeldco
steeldco
January 31st, 2014 at 3:51:38 PM permalink
So, in that case, if the website offers it and the stores do not, then I apologize to Larry. AZ, though, needs to try to stop spinning whenever he gets caught with his pants down and just man up.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
January 31st, 2014 at 3:58:16 PM permalink

So, in that case, if the website offers it and the stores do not, then I apologize to Larry. AZ, though, needs to try to stop spinning whenever he gets caught with his pants down and just man up.

If you want to show me where I got caught as you say please do.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
January 31st, 2014 at 4:09:53 PM permalink

AZ, though, needs to try to stop spinning whenever he gets caught with his pants down and just man up.

Are you kidding? LOL! AZ is one of the few guys here who supports all of his statements with facts.
LarryS
LarryS
January 31st, 2014 at 5:30:37 PM permalink
Quote: s2dbaker

..says the person who used three posts to ask people to quote him about bread:

please, tomorrow morning...try to get the paper to my top step

thnaks in advance
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
January 31st, 2014 at 6:10:50 PM permalink

please, tomorrow morning...try to get the paper to my top step

thnaks in advance

Is that like a paper boy joke? Are you saying that I'm like your paper delivery boy? Because if you are, I'm not quite certain how this relates to your protestations about the bread discussion while at the same time asking people to talk about your bread posts. Could you please clarify?
boymimbo
boymimbo
January 31st, 2014 at 6:29:29 PM permalink
Quote: Beethoven9th

The unemployment rate did not go up in states when the minimum wage increased. Duh!

Quote:

Raising the minimum wage gives money to the lower class who will spend it. Raising the minimum wage will get some people off of the welfare rolls (not all). Raising the minimum wage gives some people the motivation to get off their ass and work instead of staying at home collecting. A decent different between minimum wage and sitting on one's ass will provide the motivation for some, not all, but some.

And give me a break about it being liberals. The highest area of disablity abuse is in eastern Virginia and Kentucky in very solid red counties.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
January 31st, 2014 at 6:39:30 PM permalink

The unemployment rate did not go up in states when the minimum wage increased. Duh!

Yeah, just like people won't lose their health insurance because of Obamacare, right? lol...

Anyway, if/when SeaTac's unemployment rate goes up, I look forward to seeing if you'll be honest enough to admit you were wrong.

Raising the minimum wage gives money to the lower class who will spend it. Raising the minimum wage will get some people off of the welfare rolls (not all). Raising the minimum wage gives some people the motivation to get off their ass and work instead of staying at home collecting.

None of these things will happen if those people no longer have jobs.

The highest area of disablity abuse is in eastern Virginia and Kentucky in very solid red counties.

What does this have to do with the minimum wage?!? You're getting like that Shifty guy now...lol
boymimbo
boymimbo
January 31st, 2014 at 6:47:49 PM permalink
I report. You decide.
steeldco
steeldco
February 1st, 2014 at 5:16:38 AM permalink

If you want to show me where I got caught as you say please do.

Check your posts of 01/26/14 on the Obamacare board. You continually misspeak and don't own up to it. You have little credibility. There are others like the most blatant piece of crap ever written where you stated the people on the extremes are the most informed. That one was a doozey.........
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
February 1st, 2014 at 5:29:33 AM permalink

Check your posts of 01/26/14 on the Obamacare board. You continually misspeak and don't own up to it. You have little credibility. There are others like the most blatant piece of crap ever written where you stated the people on the extremes are the most informed. That one was a doozey.........

I checked the entire day of posts still do not see what you are talking about. I did see you repeating the same liberal talking points on Onbamacare and several people shooting them down one after the other.

And I do believe people who take a position are more informed. The ones in the middle more hate politics and just do not bother. Sorry if you find it "a doozey" but so far you are the only one. Perhaps you want to post a well thought out rebuttal.
steeldco
steeldco
February 1st, 2014 at 5:50:21 AM permalink
Did you not see the post where you blamed all of the increases in medical costs on Obamacare when, in fact, the increases have occurred over the past several decades? Did you not see the post where you stated "I didn't say "all of the costs.""

You seem to think that it's OK to make an erroneous statements with conviction and then never correct them with the same conviction. Just the act of a person who loves to just spin. Again, you've lost a lot of credibility. Certainly with me.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
February 1st, 2014 at 5:53:45 AM permalink

Again, you've lost a lot of credibility. Certainly with me.

If you were told that Mount St. Helens was going to erupt, would you leave town immediately, or would you "wait and see" what happens?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
February 1st, 2014 at 7:01:26 AM permalink

Did you not see the post where you blamed all of the increases in medical costs on Obamacare when, in fact, the increases have occurred over the past several decades? Did you not see the post where you stated "I didn't say "all of the costs.""

You seem to think that it's OK to make an erroneous statements with conviction and then never correct them with the same conviction. Just the act of a person who loves to just spin. Again, you've lost a lot of credibility. Certainly with me.

I looked again and see where I said:

Quote: azduffman

So yes, the ACA is very much to blame.

And from that you tried to say I claimed that Obmacare was responsible for "all of the costs."

I did not say "all of the costs" I said "very much to blame." WORDS MEAN THINGS.

The ACA is very much to blame. The ACA forces individuals and employers to buy coverages they may not need or want. And that is only one part of it that increases costs. It should be easy to understand if you make people buy coverage for more things than they had before then costs will go up.

In the future I would request that if you are going to say I "spin" something please use the "quote" feature and show it directly.
steeldco
steeldco
February 1st, 2014 at 7:12:31 AM permalink

I did not say "all of the costs" I said "very much to blame." WORDS MEAN THINGS.

LOLOL.......Your post here is typical of your spinning when you're wrong. The medical cost increases have been going on for at least 38 years. At least. Yet you somehow continue to claim that ACA is "very much" to blame. How ridiculous is that? Who is going to believe that? The extremists that you stated to be well informed? Sheesh.......
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
February 1st, 2014 at 8:25:38 AM permalink

LOLOL.......Your post here is typical of your spinning when you're wrong. The medical cost increases have been going on for at least 38 years. At least. Yet you somehow continue to claim that ACA is "very much" to blame. How ridiculous is that? Who is going to believe that? The extremists that you stated to be well informed? Sheesh.......

I'm done here, your posts show you are not interested in discussing the issue but rather....

steeldco
steeldco
February 1st, 2014 at 8:30:43 AM permalink
Sounds good. I really wasn't trying to elicit a discussion with you since you'll probably go to your grave without ever veering away from the party lines. There is nothing worth discussing with people who make unwarranted statements and then try to claim that it's not what they meant.
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
February 1st, 2014 at 8:46:59 AM permalink

Again, you've lost a lot of credibility. Certainly with me.

I came to that conclusion long ago. Welcome to the club.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
February 1st, 2014 at 9:09:34 AM permalink
As a good rule of thumb, all political discussions degenerate into a flame war by about the fourth page. Then it's time to block them.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
February 1st, 2014 at 6:50:47 PM permalink

It is not a perfect comparrison but in the EU there is a direct correlation of higher minimum wages and higher unemployment. And remember that the EU is the welfare capital of the world outside of some oil-monarchies.
bw
bw
  • Threads: 7
February 1st, 2014 at 8:58:35 PM permalink
If you have an employee that is barely worth $7.00 per hour, and the minimum wage is raised to $10.10 an hour, what is the employer to do? Have to let that person go. Not everyone is equal, some people just don't pull their own weight in a business.
LarryS
LarryS
February 1st, 2014 at 11:20:17 PM permalink
Quote: s2dbaker

Is that like a paper boy joke? Are you saying that I'm like your paper delivery boy? Because if you are, I'm not quite certain how this relates to your protestations about the bread discussion while at the same time asking people to talk about your bread posts. Could you please clarify?

good job, this morning it was perfect. Keep up the good work.

there will be an extra 2 dollar tip for you this week.

and dont worry ..when you grow up you will be able to debate issues other than bread... you will learn...eventually

but its a good start.

good boy

stand in the place where you live
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 20th, 2014 at 5:27:54 AM permalink
38% of employers will lay off if minimum wage is increased.

54% will reduce hiring.
65% will raise prices.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
March 20th, 2014 at 8:57:55 AM permalink

54% will reduce hiring.
65% will raise prices.

I was just about to post this article myself! We think so much alike, it's scary. :)

In a way, there's a part of me that's hoping this minimum wage increase takes place. All these low information voters will NEVER learn a damn thing until they feel some pain.
LarryS
LarryS
March 20th, 2014 at 12:08:03 PM permalink

54% will reduce hiring.
65% will raise prices.

Between this and obamacare's effect on the economy.....it can get ugly.

iF the ceo of Hardees is going to reduce quality, and reduced sotre openings......due to obamacare......what the heck is gonna do with this added expense.

and when I say "he"....its corporate america....not just one company
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
March 20th, 2014 at 12:26:10 PM permalink
It's a survey. It's crap.

Ask employees if higher wages are better for them. Ask students if lower tuition is better. Ask midgets if lower bar stools are better.

They will probably even give you reasons why it's better.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
  • Jump to: