Thread Rating:

terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 86
December 7th, 2013 at 4:26:32 AM permalink
You all are lucky, you get cold for free.
I have to pay for cold.
Warm night here in Tampa, had to run the AC to get to sleep.
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
aluisio
aluisio
  • Threads: 19
December 7th, 2013 at 5:12:26 AM permalink
It's cold in Calgary...

http://weather.gc.ca/city/pages/ab-52_metric_e.html
No bounce, no play.
wroberson
wroberson
  • Threads: 19
December 7th, 2013 at 5:36:58 AM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

Did a coworker (who you referred to as KC) call in? The other post you made was confusing to read without background info.

No. KC and Clarence have been there since exit opened. I stated like 6 months later. Last high KC was hard to get hold of. I haven't met KC. Everything I her par about KC has been he's undependable. My opinion of KC comes from what is heard around the store. Including he likes keeping the money until the shift is over. Takes to long. Makes a delivery and then vanishes instead of going back to settle the sale. Clarence is cool. I talk to him every other week and fill in for him we he goes off.

Last night I was asleep when the phone rang and found myself in a "fire drill". Saint, the owner's son was complaining and explaining his feelings. Of course I'd take the hours. Son while performing this fire drill, I wax doing what I do and anylizing the effect of sudden change on my life. If I was in the hot seat I would adjust and suffer little damage.

The business is black owned.I'm one of the whites guys. I have no friend I would be comfortable referring for employment. The one guy I know, Rick, is goofy too and from the description of KC, he would be the white version, with a drinking problem. I have a feeling KC was there and background "music" was some kind of warning.

For all I know KC was in the shower when his phone rang and then got stuck in traffic on the way to work.

It's 8 with a. Chill factor at 4 below.
Buffering...
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
December 7th, 2013 at 5:43:24 AM permalink
Quote: wroberson

No. KC and Clarence have been there since exit opened. I stated like 6 months later. Last high KC was hard to get hold of. I haven't met KC. Everything I her par about KC has been he's undependable. My opinion of KC comes from what is heard around the store. Including he likes keeping the money until the shift is over. Takes to long. Makes a delivery and then vanishes instead of going back to settle the sale. Clarence is cool. I talk to him every other week and fill in for him we he goes off.

Last night I was asleep when the phone rang and found myself in a "fire drill". Saint, the owner's son was complaining and explaining his feelings. Of course I'd take the hours. Son while performing this fire drill, I wax doing what I do and anylizing the effect of sudden change on my life. If I was in the hot seat I would adjust and suffer little damage.

The business is black owned.I'm one of the whites guys. I have no friend I would be comfortable referring for employment. The one guy I know, Rick, is goofy too and from the description of KC, he would be the white version, with a drinking problem. I have a feeling KC was there and background "music" was some kind of warning.

For all I know KC was in the shower when his phone rang and then got stuck in traffic on the way to work.

It's 8 with a. Chill factor at 4 below.

http://chicagoshomeofchickenandwaffles.com/
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard 
  • Threads: 1388
December 7th, 2013 at 6:15:24 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

A video for proof would be nice. If I made cyber bets,
I'd bet you can't get a pic of actual steam. Using dry
ice not allowed.

Who doesn't like a skeptic around here?! Okay, I'm going to see what I can do. I'll take my dog out around 7 AM (45 minutes from now). It should be light enough to see, but nice and cold for the steam effect.

---

The video project didn't work out. I think it was too humid to see a lot of steam rising off the stool.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
  • Threads: 62
December 7th, 2013 at 11:22:27 AM permalink
It's a hot and balmy -18 in Great Falls at noon today. But this is really weird. The wind isn't blowing. For a population of 50,000 or more GF is the windiest town in the country. Fargo, ND is second. I'm just before jumping out into it. I'll give you my patented process:

1. Steamy hot shower
2. Thermal underwear, top and bottom.
3. Regular pants and shirt.
4. Winter boots
5. Lightweight windbreaker type of coat with spandex bottom that seals around the waist when zipped up.
6. Very long scarf around the neck.
7. Outer shell water proof Columbia coat.
8. Columbia winter gloves.

I got everything on but the gloves. Hard to type with those damn things on. But this is the last post before jumping out into it. But I can already tell you that while everyone else is shivering I'll be as snug as a bug in a rug. So I'm fixing to walk out the door. Have a nice day.
"Quit trying your luck and start trying your skill." Mickey Crimm
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 433
December 7th, 2013 at 12:03:27 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

The video project didn't work out. I think it was too humid to see a lot of steam .

Dang. I had a great caption for that video. Oh well.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
kenarman
kenarman
  • Threads: 28
December 7th, 2013 at 1:13:50 PM permalink
It was -32 C (-25.6 F) this morning. Dog decided the walk should be a little shorter than normal ,she was getting cold feet. Was easier than yesterday though when it was a little warmer but I had to work outside for a while.
Be careful when you follow the masses, the M is sometimes silent.
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 214
December 7th, 2013 at 3:28:41 PM permalink
Quote: mickeycrimm

It's a hot and balmy -18 in Great Falls at noon today. But this is really weird. The wind isn't blowing. For a population of 50,000 or more GF is the windiest town in the country. Fargo, ND is second. I'm just before jumping out into it. I'll give you my patented process:

1. Steamy hot shower
2. Thermal underwear, top and bottom.
3. Regular pants and shirt.
4. Winter boots
5. Lightweight windbreaker type of coat with spandex bottom that seals around the waist when zipped up.
6. Very long scarf around the neck.
7. Outer shell water proof Columbia coat.
8. Columbia winter gloves.

I got everything on but the gloves. Hard to type with those damn things on. But this is the last post before jumping out into it. But I can already tell you that while everyone else is shivering I'll be as snug as a bug in a rug. So I'm fixing to walk out the door. Have a nice day.

Mickey, you just laid out my worst nightmare. You folks spend half your day getting dressed and undressed to go outside. WTF???

But I won't feel bad for any of you folks that have chosen or continue to chose to live in such an ungodly place. What is wrong with you people?? Some sort of mascochistic issues? Lol
Hunterhill
Hunterhill
  • Threads: 46
December 7th, 2013 at 4:08:45 PM permalink
KewlJ I used to hate the cold now that I'm old and fat I hate the heat.I used to work in below zero weather and sometimes I wouldn't shower for 3 days as it would keep me feeling a little warmer. I like winter now more than summer but I still don't like it below zero
The mountain is tall but grass grows on top of the mountain.

• Jump to: