Thread Rating:

AceCrAAckers
AceCrAAckers
  • Threads: 30
October 10th, 2013 at 6:33:04 PM permalink
Since most places do not have hand shuffle paigow games, I play on the auto-shuffle machines that spit out random numbers to mark who gets the first hand. I usually play two hands. I keep losing both bets. I don't even have a push.

Are the shuffle machine truly random or are they set to give the dealer a winning hand at rates greater than the house edge. I refuse to play this game if it is not hand shuffled.

Anyone know for sure?
Edward Snowden is not the criminal, the government is for violating the constitution!
JB
Administrator
JB
  • Threads: 334
October 10th, 2013 at 7:09:19 PM permalink
Since the machine does not know if the dealer is the banker or if you are the banker, or at what position you are sitting at, it is extremely unlikely that it is choosing the starting position which gives the banker the best hand.
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
October 10th, 2013 at 7:25:56 PM permalink
Were you wearing white socks when you played ? This may be why you lost !
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
AceCrAAckers
AceCrAAckers
October 10th, 2013 at 7:26:39 PM permalink
It is true the machine does not know where I am sitting, but let us assume that players don't bank often. Then I can write a code where the banker hands wins more than its fair share to increases its house edge.

This is feasible but I don't know if this is actually done.
Edward Snowden is not the criminal, the government is for violating the constitution!
AceCrAAckers
AceCrAAckers
October 10th, 2013 at 7:29:11 PM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

Were you wearing white socks when you played ? This may be why you lost !

Note to self, do not wear white socks when playing paigow. Thanks for the tip!
Paigowdan
Paigowdan
  • Threads: 115
October 10th, 2013 at 7:45:36 PM permalink
As far as the random number generator, and even the shuffler machine knowing the Pai Gow hands dealt, can be uncomfortable - see this thread.
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau. Like Dealers' uniforms - Dan.
  • Jump to: