RaleighCraps
RaleighCraps
  • Threads: 79
December 11th, 2012 at 1:17:42 PM permalink
If any of you are into testing beta software, Steen is working on a new version of WinCraps Pro.

It allows you to play 8 people at a time. So you can test 8 different strategies, all on the same roll, without the need to seed the RNG each time.
There are some other nifty improvements as well.

Unfortunately, the autobet function is not ready for testing yet, so any game play is done manually or with some autoplay.

I am not a power user of WinCraps though, so I am not able to provide feedback on many of the deeper aspects of WinCraps.

Here is Steen's comment, "I have no objection to telling others about WinCraps Pro just be sure to mention that there's no help file yet, no autobetting, and the print routines have not been reworked. When those things are done, I'll probably post the beta on my web site."

If you would like to test this new version, and you don't know how to reach Steen, PM me for the email address
Always borrow money from a pessimist; They don't expect to get paid back ! Be yourself and speak your thoughts. Those who matter won't mind, and those that mind, don't matter!
7craps
7craps
  • Threads: 18
December 11th, 2012 at 1:54:28 PM permalink
Yeah, nothing new here.
No auto-betting, yuck!
WC has not had an update in a few years.

He told me the same thing back on Sept 16, 2011
"Hi Steve,
Thanks for inquiring about WinCraps Pro.
The Pro version is largely finished except for parts of the new auto-betting engine.
When time permits, I'll also look into creating a version for tablet devices and/or smart phones.
Steen"

I am guessing time has been very short
I think Alan Shank (goatcabin) was helping out also with it but he has gone away to ??

Good Luck

Most sims run in WC can also be done in Excel.
A bit of VBA is all it takes and you can crunch numbers faster and easier in Excel than WC.
or...
Maybe JB should just create a better WinCraps and push Steen over to the pits
My 2 cents
winsome johnny (not Win some johnny)
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
December 11th, 2012 at 5:17:43 PM permalink
If he comes up with a more user-friendly auto-bet ... I'm in!
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
RaleighCraps
RaleighCraps
  • Threads: 79
December 11th, 2012 at 7:38:12 PM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

If he comes up with a more user-friendly auto-bet ... I'm in!

Based on what he has told me about it, I believe it will be easier to use. That is what I am waiting for.
Always borrow money from a pessimist; They don't expect to get paid back ! Be yourself and speak your thoughts. Those who matter won't mind, and those that mind, don't matter!
DrEntropy
DrEntropy
  • Threads: 27
April 23rd, 2013 at 6:45:16 AM permalink
Quote: RaleighCraps

Based on what he has told me about it, I believe it will be easier to use. That is what I am waiting for.

Has there been any updates on this new version? I do hope the developer spends some significant time on the Autobet feature, and cleaning it up to be easier to edit and faster to run... but even as it is I find it quite useful!

Cheers!
"Mathematical expectation has nothing to do with results." (Sklansky, Theory of Poker).
DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 36
April 23rd, 2013 at 7:05:25 AM permalink
He told me " a couple of weeks" for the help files. That was 4 weeks ago. My mailbox is still empty. I have the beta version but without helps, haven't even opened it.
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
DrEntropy
DrEntropy
  • Threads: 27
April 23rd, 2013 at 7:09:16 AM permalink
Quote: DeMango

He told me " a couple of weeks" for the help files. That was 4 weeks ago. My mailbox is still empty. I have the beta version but without helps, haven't even opened it.

Oh, well that actually sounds promising! I will keep my eyes open.
"Mathematical expectation has nothing to do with results." (Sklansky, Theory of Poker).
  • Jump to: