Thread Rating:

wroberson
wroberson
  • Threads: 19
July 23rd, 2013 at 11:03:41 AM permalink
For more information on who actually caused global warming, look up Maurice Strong.

This chart shows the warming and cooling periods from the past 4500 years. You can see that the warm periods are not getting warmer and the cooling periods are getting deeper. I've read scientific papers they show only 4 major volcanic eruptions are needed per year to trigger a cooling period. The reason for this is called a solar mirror.

A solar mirror is caused then the ratio of atmospheric dust and water prevents enough moisture to form on the dust particles. What happens is that the dust and water ice crystal is not heavy enough to fall as rain or snow. When this happens the ice crystal form a mirror and decreases the amount of solar radiation, heat and light from hitting the rocky surface of the planet. Pretty much less heat enters the atmosphere.

There is just so much more to this than the simple CO2 theory. According to NOAA scientists, the Sun is in a cool period and have been for almost a decade. Because of this, solar output is low. The solar cycle, this one is number 24, is at maximum. We hit it late last year. We are now heading back towards solar minimum with a Sun that is cooling. The logical outcome is a cooling period.

If it makes you feel guilty and the guilt makes you feel better, then by all means blame yourself. I'm not buying into it.

http://www.longrangeweather.com/global_temperatures.htm
Buffering...
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
July 23rd, 2013 at 8:52:45 PM permalink
Conclusions on the variability of the sun's change in output over this century shows that the variation in the solar output will lead to climate change of 0.08 C where as changes dues to anthropological outputs are much, much greater than that. Read the full paper here.

Volcanos have a far greater effect, and if you want to cool the earth down (temporarily) maybe we'll develop technology to force volcanic eruptions.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
VPKingNJ
VPKingNJ
  • Threads: 0
July 23rd, 2013 at 9:20:48 PM permalink
Man has turned the world into a cesspool. It saddens me greatly watching people litter our planet, pollute our water and the air we breathe. I realize this is a thread about global warming, but our planet would be a better place if we all did just a little bit to make it better.

I'm no environmental wacko, but when I walk the beaches I try to do my part and pick up litter that morons have left behind. If I see a bag on the ground, I'll pick it up and dispose of it properly. Yesterday I picked up 3 yogurt containers and about a dozen plastic bags that idiots left on the beach. It makes me feel better, and I believe I'm doing my part. I also try to take public transportation (the train) when possible, and limit the driving of my vehicle to a minimum. Additionally I support an animal protection group with a check of $200 a year. I'm not rich, but $200 I can afford to donate to a worthy cause. Let's all clean up this blue marble!
boymimbo
boymimbo
July 24th, 2013 at 6:17:59 AM permalink
Quote: VPKingNJ

Man has turned the world into a cesspool. It saddens me greatly watching people litter our planet, pollute our water and the air we breathe. I realize this is a thread about global warming, but our planet would be a better place if we all did just a little bit to make it better.

I'm no environmental wacko, but when I walk the beaches I try to do my part...

[sarcasm]Communist sicko![/sarcasm]
P90
P90
  • Threads: 12
July 24th, 2013 at 12:33:52 PM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

Volcanos have a far greater effect, and if you want to cool the earth down (temporarily) maybe we'll develop technology to force volcanic eruptions.

...Why would we do that, when there exists a perfectly well developed and documented way to cause a nuclear winter - it's even in the name? In reality, though, more like an autumn than a winter, i.e. about a 6-10C drop for a year and 2-3C mid-term.

The remaining nuclear powers should take disarmament a step further with SALT IV, and this time, to make sure the equipment being retired doesn't fall into the wrong hands - make it fall on them instead.
Resist ANFO Boston PRISM Stormfront IRA Freedom CIA Obama
boymimbo
boymimbo
July 24th, 2013 at 10:48:13 PM permalink
Yeah, sure, I guess nuclear winter is an option too, which will take care of overpopulation by reducing the population by a few billion and making most of the planet uninhabitable for the next 50-60 years too.
P90
P90
  • Threads: 12
July 25th, 2013 at 6:37:37 AM permalink
The initial estimates were extremely panicky and have been revised a few times. Realistically we're not looking at all that much. Just a bit of the highest latitudes losing agricultural capability, perhaps some of least developed nations will have a pop reduction even in lower latitudes. Elsewhere the day gets a little shorter, season boundaries also shift by a few weeks. Other effects are minimal if altitude detonation is employed, and almost all of the depopulation will be targeted, not random.

Besides, nuclear scenario ash is actually better than volcanic ash in many regards. It consists mostly of carbon with much lower density (2-3 times) and a far higher concentration of superfine soot particles than in volcanic eruptions. These micron size particle have excellent long-term retention; in contrast, volcanic ash hits hard initially, but falls out quickly.

It doesn't quite help the GW cause that this ash is initially produced by combustion, but any greenhouse effects from CO2 emissions are negligible, not even 1/1000th, of the insolation reduction from atmospheric blackout. And it's good for about 20 years to return to balance point, potentially 30 before reapplication is called for.
Resist ANFO Boston PRISM Stormfront IRA Freedom CIA Obama
wroberson
wroberson
August 17th, 2013 at 1:17:04 PM permalink
I found this. I am using it to support my belief that Global Warming is a hoax and it's designed to control people, resources and land.

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2013/08/nasa-massively-tampering-with-the-us-temperature-record-2740118.html
Buffering...
reno
reno
  • Threads: 124
August 17th, 2013 at 6:10:17 PM permalink
Quote: wroberson

I am using it to support my belief that Global Warming is a hoax

You're welcome to accuse the biased liberal news media and the corrupt evil university scientists of perpetuating a giant conspiracy. But if the earth's temperature is stable, how do you account for the fact that the Arctic ice cap is disappearing? Either the North Pole ice is actually melting or the shipping industry is in on the hoax. What would the shipping industry gain by lying about the disappearing Arctic ice? This conspiracy is getting bigger and bigger.
wroberson
wroberson
August 18th, 2013 at 11:52:01 PM permalink
Quote: reno

You're welcome to accuse the biased liberal news media and the corrupt evil university scientists of perpetuating a giant conspiracy. But if the earth's temperature is stable, how do you account for the fact that the Arctic ice cap is disappearing? Either the North Pole ice is actually melting or the shipping industry is in on the hoax. What would the shipping industry gain by lying about the disappearing Arctic ice? This conspiracy is getting bigger and bigger.

Shorter route to the destination.

I could type stuff until I'm blue and it's not going to prove anything. I'm not going to support the global warming theory. Ever. I get data that says one thing. Someone gets data that says the opposite. It's pointless. I believe the Earth warms in cools in cycles. Period.

Better have an extra blanket and cord of firewood just in case. I've got some suntan lotion, Witch Hazel and Noxzema around here somewhere...
Buffering...

• Jump to: