Thread Rating:

FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 265
  • Posts: 14420
February 10th, 2011 at 9:32:33 AM permalink
They should be passing PRO nuclear power and PRO nuclear war laws, the way some towns passed mandatory gun ownership laws when some group clamored to ban firearms.

All this makes as much sense as the law that makes it a misdemeanor to kick, carry, punt, throw or any manner convey or cause to be conveyed an inflated pigskin across the goal line of the Tuscon Badgers and is prominently posted in the visiting teams locker room.

Smuggling hugely pregnant women across the border so they deliver in the USA and the brat has citizenship does take place. The law SHOULD be that the Coyote, the woman and the little brat get shot on sight and their corpses left to rot right where they are found.

I'm tired of tax money going to pass laws trying to restrict violence in video games or laws that require teaching certain subjects in a school such as evolution, creationism or holocaust biases. I'm tired of new laws. Legislatures been passing laws for darn near two hundred years and they still ain't got it right yet. The best states are the ones who run occasional sessions of the legislature on a part-time non-salaried basis. Its a free country is simply a slogan that is inapplicable in any nation that passes more than five laws a year.

Texas wanted an English Only law... yet entire areas of Texas spoke Russian and German, not English or Spanish when Texas was being settled. Legislators are opposed to laborers riding the rails from farm to farm mainly because such laborers are viewed as ethnically undesirable but until 1910 the highest migrant laboring groups in this country were the Germans and Irish.

Schools are major circulators of pathogens and are a net loss to societal productivity and SHOULD be illegal but any politician who tries to force parents to school their children would be hanged from the nearest lamp post by marauding mobs of enraged mothers.

Stop looking for common sense, truth or a sense of values in politics! It ain't never been there and it ain't never gonna be there. We fought a revolution partly to be free of citizens having to support all those Crown officials yet we as a nation now support more federal, state and local officials than was ever contemplated by the Founding Fathers.
pacomartin
pacomartin
Joined: Jan 14, 2010
  • Threads: 649
  • Posts: 7895
February 10th, 2011 at 10:49:34 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Smuggling hugely pregnant women across the border so they deliver in the USA and the brat has citizenship does take place. The law SHOULD be that the Coyote, the woman and the little brat get shot on sight and their corpses left to rot right where they are found.



You really stepped over the line here. You can't call for violence against women and children even if they broke a law.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1325
  • Posts: 21772
February 10th, 2011 at 6:39:13 PM permalink
I had to split off FleaStiff's post below because I found it so offensive and repugnant. Especially this part.

Quote: FleaStiff

Smuggling hugely pregnant women across the border so they deliver in the USA and the brat has citizenship does take place. The law SHOULD be that the Coyote, the woman and the little brat get shot on sight and their corpses left to rot right where they are found.



I'm deeply embarrassed that it is on my site. However, I have to admit that I find no rule that it breaks. At least, this kind of bile belongs in the Free Speech Zone, which is why I put it here. The thread it was split off from is Is the cost of defending constitutionally questionable laws worth it.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
FinsRule
FinsRule
Joined: Dec 23, 2009
  • Threads: 119
  • Posts: 3667
February 10th, 2011 at 8:59:09 PM permalink
If you're embarrassed that it's on your site, you should remove it. It's yours, not ours.

You make your living off of this, and that should trump free speech.

If talk about shooting babies is allowed, what is not allowed? Raping children?

I'm disturbed, and I don't care if it's meant to be tongue-in-cheek.
Wavy70
Wavy70
Joined: Nov 3, 2009
  • Threads: 15
  • Posts: 907
February 10th, 2011 at 9:14:30 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I had to split off FleaStiff's post below because I found it so offensive and repugnant. Especially this part.



I'm deeply embarrassed that it is on my site. However, I have to admit that I find no rule that it breaks. At least, this kind of bile belongs in the Free Speech Zone, which is why I put it here. The thread it was split off from is Is the cost of defending constitutionally questionable laws worth it.



I question why this would even be on a gambling forum. I can only imagine that no one in the real world will listen to this trash so these "people" need to soap box.
But I agree with the other poster. If you find it offensive get rid of it. Aside from the sheer offensiveness it reflects poorly on your site.
I have a bewitched egg that I use to play VP with and I have net over 900k with it.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1325
  • Posts: 21772
February 10th, 2011 at 10:06:59 PM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

If you're embarrassed that it's on your site, you should remove it. It's yours, not ours.

You make your living off of this, and that should trump free speech.



Valid point. However, I'm very left brained, and live in my own world organized by rules and order. If I don't abide by my own rules, then what do I stand for?

What I think may be called for is a nuclear option rule that for the greater good of the forum, I can delete posts, suspend/expel members, and do anything else I damn well please. Something for me to think about.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 265
  • Posts: 14420
February 11th, 2011 at 4:08:51 AM permalink
Okay.. Delete it then.
The thread related to costs of enforcing dubious laws.
The laws that allow a child born in the USA to be a citizen even if his mother was brought across the border while in labor are an example of how we allow absurd notions to be a costly expense to the American taxpayer because we are lacking in the courage to take swift and immediately effective action.
Hijacking of vessels off Somalia.... go in and leave five thousand rotting corpses lying there. End of problem!
Pregnant women in labor being smuggled across the border... shoot them and let the photos be on TV: for the Coyotes who smuggle them to see and for the women who would try to enter this country illegally.

Consider the tribute the USA was paying to the Barbary Pirates because we had a small navy and the war was distant. Holland had their ships attacked and a Dutch admiral seized pirate ship after pirate ship that sailed out of Tripoli and after having amassed hundreds of captives he anchored just out of gun range and sent his demands ashore. When there was the slightest delay, he spent the entire day hanging the pirates from the yardarm and letting the hundreds of corpses float into the harbor. After that not a single Dutch ship was again molested by the Barbary Pirates. Problem solved, no further expense to the Dutch taxpayers.

We've created a breed of officials who are so oriented to compromise and negotiation and lack of conflict that as a nation we seem unable to defend our borders or deal effectively with problems. We send prisoners to serve life sentences of free gym memberships, free shrinks, free doctors, free food .. all because politicians are afraid to take swift and immediately effective action because it might offend some minority.

Gambling site? I sure wish it had remained one. Instead it seems to have become more of a gay lifestyle gambling site.

You had a thread on the COSTS of enforcing absurd laws. Well, I focused on the costs involved and the proper method for ending those expenses. Sorry if solving a problem rather than perpetuating it offended you.
boymimbo
boymimbo
Joined: Nov 12, 2009
  • Threads: 17
  • Posts: 5994
February 11th, 2011 at 5:39:27 AM permalink
I don't think shooting the family is a viable option. It would be better I think to not let them in.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
benbakdoff
benbakdoff
Joined: Jul 13, 2010
  • Threads: 17
  • Posts: 448
February 11th, 2011 at 8:51:20 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Okay.. Delete it then.
The thread related to costs of enforcing dubious laws.
The laws that allow a child born in the USA to be a citizen even if his mother was brought across the border while in labor are an example of how we allow absurd notions to be a costly expense to the American taxpayer because we are lacking in the courage to take swift and immediately effective action.
Hijacking of vessels off Somalia.... go in and leave five thousand rotting corpses lying there. End of problem!
Pregnant women in labor being smuggled across the border... shoot them and let the photos be on TV: for the Coyotes who smuggle them to see and for the women who would try to enter this country illegally.

Consider the tribute the USA was paying to the Barbary Pirates because we had a small navy and the war was distant. Holland had their ships attacked and a Dutch admiral seized pirate ship after pirate ship that sailed out of Tripoli and after having amassed hundreds of captives he anchored just out of gun range and sent his demands ashore. When there was the slightest delay, he spent the entire day hanging the pirates from the yardarm and letting the hundreds of corpses float into the harbor. After that not a single Dutch ship was again molested by the Barbary Pirates. Problem solved, no further expense to the Dutch taxpayers.

We've created a breed of officials who are so oriented to compromise and negotiation and lack of conflict that as a nation we seem unable to defend our borders or deal effectively with problems. We send prisoners to serve life sentences of free gym memberships, free shrinks, free doctors, free food .. all because politicians are afraid to take swift and immediately effective action because it might offend some minority.

Gambling site? I sure wish it had remained one. Instead it seems to have become more of a gay lifestyle gambling site.

You had a thread on the COSTS of enforcing absurd laws. Well, I focused on the costs involved and the proper method for ending those expenses. Sorry if solving a problem rather than perpetuating it offended you.



I share your frustration over illegal immigration and commend you for speaking your mind, although I could never agree to the shooting of anyone.

I joined this site last July because of the Triple Down Promotion at Mohegan Sun. I've stayed around because of my interest in gambling, gambling stories , and related travel.

I certainly do agree with your wish that this site remain a gambling site.
OneAngryDwarf
OneAngryDwarf
Joined: Dec 17, 2009
  • Threads: 44
  • Posts: 254
February 11th, 2011 at 9:03:03 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard


What I think may be called for is a nuclear option rule that for the greater good of the forum, I can delete posts, suspend/expel members, and do anything else I damn well please. Something for me to think about.



Wizard, have you ever considered appointing other trusted forum members to be moderators, or at least co-moderate along with you? I've seen this sort of thing happen to just about every message board, where trolls and other undesirable elements gradually creep in and the poor guy who started it, with the noble goal of creating a place where people with a common interest can come together, gets in over his head. (Though thankfully, this board is still nowhere near as bad as others.)

Far be it from me to tell you how to run your site, but moderating an Internet message board is a very different job than analyzing casino games, and since the former task seems to be causing you some stress, obviously your paying job is what you should focus on. But as someone who enjoys this site and doesn't want to see it go away, I think appointing extra moderators is something to seriously consider.

(And before anyone says it, no, I have zero interest and hereby disqualify myself from the job. I just wanted to make the suggestion...)
"I believe I've passed the age/of consciousness and righteous rage/I've found that just surviving was a noble fight... I once believed in causes too/I had my pointless point of view/And life went on no matter who was wrong or right..." --Billy Joel

  • Jump to: