BenJammin
BenJammin
  • Threads: 48
November 3rd, 2009 at 2:21:23 PM permalink
who cause trouble for the sake of it.

These people should be revealed in public, so they can't hide behind their anonymity.

So, some moderation is in order.

See Vegas Rex Forums
Member In Good Standing!
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard 
  • Threads: 1276
November 10th, 2009 at 4:56:51 PM permalink
Quote: BenJammin

who cause trouble for the sake of it.

These people should be revealed in public, so they can't hide behind their anonymity.

So, some moderation is in order.

See Vegas Rex Forums

You are not the first to warn me about this. I reserve the right to change my own rules, or disable the "free speech zone" completely. However, for now, I wish to give it a chance.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
January 20th, 2010 at 4:53:43 PM permalink
The problem is that trolls don't know they are trolls. If you put up a sign that says Trolls are Welcome Here they won't come.
Rosstafari
Rosstafari
  • Threads: 1
January 21st, 2010 at 11:25:22 PM permalink
Heh. You haven't been on a forum for that long if you think trolls don't know their trolls. Some don't, most do.
Croupier
Croupier
  • Threads: 58
January 21st, 2010 at 11:40:51 PM permalink
Yeah but even the trolls that know they are trolls only do it for the reaction. No reaction means no point for the trolls. Its the ones that dont know they are trolls that are the problem.
[This space is intentionally left blank]
inap
inap
  • Threads: 12
January 22nd, 2010 at 1:56:29 AM permalink
congratulations to all of you, the wizard, and this forum. that's exactly the reason i don't post much. i pick my spots and say something only when i think it can be helpfull to someone. what i express is just mho and i don't need or expect to hear bs from anyone who thinks they know it all. i'm too old to waste my time with that rubbish :)
blackchipjim
blackchipjim
  • Threads: 2
February 7th, 2010 at 12:50:39 PM permalink
I'm all for the free speech zone and what it stands for. There are other sites that have them in one form or the other and it is good thing for the site in general. Some people don't like forums that distract from the core themes of the site but it does provide a welcome distraction to gamers that may want their oppinions heard. I new to the site but it seems to be a very well constructed site where a person could go for advice on a variety of games.
derik999
derik999
  • Threads: 15
March 21st, 2010 at 7:55:02 AM permalink
Trolls are best put on ignore if you have that option. There are a lot of people who can't resist getting into an argument when someone trolls under the guise of holding a political opinion that is diametrically opposed to their own.

What's worse is holding an unpopular opinion but arguing legitimately and being accused of being a troll because it gets under the skin of the sensitive, who usually are the loudest and most frequent crybabies.

I've been banned from a couple forums for refusing to idolize the sacred cows.
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 178
March 22nd, 2010 at 7:22:07 AM permalink
One way to discover a troll is to see if they argue with the automated complaint generator.
NO KILL I
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 219
March 22nd, 2010 at 8:32:24 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

You are not the first to warn me about this. I reserve the right to change my own rules, or disable the "free speech zone" completely. However, for now, I wish to give it a chance.

The FSZ is a good idea Wiz, please don't remove it. Sometimes we all have something we would post that could get us accuesd of "troll" behavior. But often it is just a legitimate argument or way of arguing a point. Often it is entertaining-Tom Leykis built a show on taking a radical point, not conceding an inch, and getting people to try and prove him wrong.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others

• Jump to: