JB
Administrator
JB
  • Threads: 334
October 13th, 2009 at 2:24:01 PM permalink
This thread is to be used to discuss hotel accommodations at Stratosphere.
lorne31
lorne31
  • Threads: 1
October 21st, 2009 at 9:35:57 PM permalink
Quote: JB

This thread is to be used to discuss hotel accommodations at Stratosphere.

We stayed there in 4/09. It was last minute, and available. But not really inexpensive - but probably because it was a holiday weekend. There is a big difference between this hotel and many others: while others have designer shops and gourmet restaurants, this has kitchy tourist shops and McDonalds. ...and check in was difficult, and the staff were not particularly polite or caring. But it was fun -- nice view from the pool on top of the building (8th floor, not way up where the rides are) and the room was very comfortable. It's quite a way from the Stratosphere to the middle of the Strip, but there's a bus which comes by fairly regularly, and one can walk there in 20 or so minutes at an average pace. They do have Starbucks in the lobby. I would stay there again.
likeplayingcrapsandbj
likeplayingcrapsandbj
  • Threads: 17
May 20th, 2010 at 6:22:10 AM permalink
I have stayed here 3 times in 2009 and will be there next week for 2 days. I do not understand bad reviews I see on other sites. The rooms are clean, beds very comfortable, the dealers great. They have a great buffet for $20 all you eat 7am until 10 pm. Plus they have all you eat real Mexican tacos($9.99 I think)at the band area. The garage is patrolled 24 hours by yellow vested security guards who are very visable. To be honest they have given me 8 free nights including next week but I would stay there anyway because of the great prices. I take a taxi to get down the strip or downtown and would not walk around at night outside the property but that goes for anywhere in Vegas.
Last Man at the Table
nvmikey
nvmikey
  • Threads: 1
October 7th, 2011 at 12:43:40 PM permalink
I was just here from Sept 30 - Oct 3.

My experience may differ from most people as I get VIP check in and accomodations.

Check In - Hassle Free, Immediate service and Free beverages anytime you would like them. There is a fridge located in the VIP lounge, just help yourself they do not care, however if they do not know you they will question you.

Room - We usually get the Strip View Suite - The room was nice and clean. Has a glass enclosed shower situated right next to the large whirlpool tub. Plenty of soaps and shampoos. The view was of the strip but not the best view I have seen. It was quiet at night so sleeping soundly was not an issue.

Room Service - Food is good, I think they bring it from Roxy's the waiters on the other hand more or less just dump the cart off in your room and collect the 18% off the bill. I am disappointed about this one.
  • Jump to: